Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. (28179 Views)

My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria / Boko Haram Kidnaps 22 Girls And Women In North-east Nigeria / Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by ogawisdom(m): 9:43am On Jul 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:
One Of My Deep passionate dreams is to see a well developed South East Geopolitical Zone.
South East comprise of 5 states, Abia, Enugu, Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi and for this states to be developed, they need to be centralized and united in planning.

Number 1
Setting Up A South East Developing Cooperation(SEDC) that will be sponsored by the 5 SE Governors and will have their branch offices in every states in the south east.

Number two
Opening Up A Joint saving Account Of The 5 SE States where
a) a deposit of atleast 200million per state governor will be made every month.
200million x 5 states=1 Billion per month
b)50million per month by the 15 senators in South East.
50million x 15= 750million per month
c) 10million per month by the 30
Federal house of reps from South East.
10millionx 30= 300million per month.
----
NOW ADD THEM UP TOGETHER= 1 Billion plus 750million plus 300million= 2 billion,50million naira.
----
Then if SEDC realise approximately 2 billion per month, multiply it by 12month= 24billion naira.
Multiply the yearly 24billion naira by 10years = 240Billion naira.
Thats means that 240billion naira will be in South East Development Cooperation(SEDC) account in just a span of 5years upon establishment.
---
- With 240billion invested in South East, will it not develop the Geopolitical zone the more, make it a hot investment zone and attract Igbo business men back.
For example,
- 1. If Akwa Ibom state completes its seaport, SEDC can build a Light Rail project from Aba to The seaport in Akwa Ibom, in order to boost up a close importation and revive south east economy.
---
- 2. SEDC can build a multipurpose industrial park in Nnewi, investors are on ground to key into the project.

----
- 3. SEDC can pull investors to invest in Enugu Coal inorder to Power up the South East. Enugu coal can serve the 5SE states in constant electricity for up to 100years.

----
- 4. SEDC can launch and build an Agro-industrial and processing zone in Ebonyi state inorder to tap into their Agricultural potential and create jobs.

----
- 5. SEDC can turn Owerri into an Educational and Tourism base in SE.
A University that will be international standard can be built in Imo and the tourism potential of the state harnessed like the oguta lake.
----
- 6. SEDC can fix SE federal roads by itself.
IGBOS, We are a unique people, let us look inward and develop the south east.
We are on our own in this country- Adaure4ever

Beautiful only on paper
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by obailala(m): 9:59am On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:

Stop lying abeg...

It was built my the military administration during military rule which makes it a FG built airport hence the FG remaining the owner and operator.

I think the comprehension of what's written shouldnt be too difficult. Imo state's airport (Sam Mbakwe airport) was the first STATE BUILT AND STATE OWNED AIRPORT IN NIGERIA. That the FG has taken over ownership doesnt mean it wasnt built by the state.

Similarly, the Imo State University (presently Abia State university after state division) was the first state owned university in Nigeria. Things like this is what is obtainable when forward-thinking and patriotic leaders like Sam Mbakwe are at the helm of affairs.

I totally agree with Adaure4ever, with the right leadership, right cooperation and coordination at the state and regional level, no region in Nigeria really needs the FG to progress. But a constant flow of bad leaders is what is responsible for the mess we have today across Nigeria. The problem is even further complicated by the fact that the useless leaders have somehow been able to successfully brainwash the people and divert the blame of their failures to FG or 'other tribes.'

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by tk4rd: 10:01am On Jul 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:
One Of My Deep passionate dreams is to see a well developed South East Geopolitical Zone.
South East comprise of 5 states, Abia, Enugu, Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi and for this states to be developed, they need to be centralized and united in planning.

Number 1
Setting Up A South East Developing Cooperation(SEDC) that will be sponsored by the 5 SE Governors and will have their branch offices in every states in the south east.

Number two
----
NOW ADD THEM UP TOGETHER= 1 Billion plus 750million plus 300million= 2 billion,50million naira.
----
Then if SEDC realise approximately 2 billion per month, multiply it by 12month= 24billion naira.
Thats means that 240billion naira will be in South East Development Cooperation(SEDC) account in just a span of 5years upon establishment.
---
- With 240billion invested in South East, will it not develop the Geopolitical zone the more, make it a hot investment zone and attract Igbo business men back.
For example,
- 1. If Akwa Ibom state completes its seaport, SEDC can build a Light Rail project from Aba to The seaport in Akwa Ibom, in order to boost up a close importation and revive south east economy.
---
- 2. SEDC can build a multipurpose industrial park in Nnewi, investors are on ground to key into the project.

----
- 3. SEDC can pull investors to invest in Enugu Coal inorder to Power up the South East. Enugu coal can serve the 5SE states in constant electricity for up to 100years.

----
- 4. SEDC can launch and build an Agro-industrial and processing zone in Ebonyi state inorder to tap into their Agricultural potential and create jobs.

----
A University that will be international standard can be built in Imo and the tourism potential of the state harnessed like the oguta lake.
----
The problem with Nigeria (South-East inclusive) is NOT the inadequacy of funds for embarking on development projects, but the mismanagement of funds that are already in abundance.
You see, you are busy quoting billions, but you forgot that the SEDC you are talking about is made up of same nigerians that are cursed with the disease of embezzlement..
We know where the problem is.
It is us the citizens that are our own problems.
Find a way to cure our selfish embezzling nature, and the whole of Nigeria will be a very developed nation.

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 10:09am On Jul 24, 2016
[s]
obailala:
I think the comprehension of what's written shouldnt be too difficult. Imo state's airport (Sam Mbakwe airport) was the first STATE BUILT AND STATE OWNED AIRPORT IN NIGERIA. That the FG has taken over ownership doesnt mean it wasnt built by the state.

Similarly, the Imo State University (presently Abia State university after state division) was the first state owned university in Nigeria. Things like this is what is obtainable when forward-thinking and patriotic leaders like Sam Mbakwe are at the helm of affairs.

I totally agree with Adaure4ever, with the right leadership, right cooperation and coordination at the state and regional level, no region in Nigeria really needs the FG to progress. But a constant flow of bad leaders is what is responsible for the mess we have today across Nigeria. The problem is even further complicated by the fact that the useless leaders have somehow been able to successfully brainwash the people and divert the blame of their failures to FG or 'other tribes.'
[/s]

It was built by the military administrator of the state under military rule which means it was built by the FG hence the airport belonging to the FG since day one. The FG can not take over what belongs to any state in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by harmbhrosz(m): 10:25am On Jul 24, 2016
AgentOrange:
OP, please include our brothers in Delta north and Rivers States.

You must realize that Igboland is bigger than SE as fraudulently defined by the Nigerian oppressors.
igboland now contains Delta north and River states? undecided
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by SlayerSupreme: 11:14am On Jul 24, 2016
flokii:

I'm a lover of peace.. No hard feelingz against anyone, just sarcasm

If atal you got offended by any of my post, I apologize.. Nothing but love for my eastern folks
God bless ndigbo
Amen.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by novacadroit: 11:20am On Jul 24, 2016
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by ajayiopy: 11:35am On Jul 24, 2016
You most reasonable son of igbo. They should start doing as you said because this country will be divided on day.take it or leave it
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 11:38am On Jul 24, 2016
Pchidexy:

Why are you wasting your time with that Yorrobber bastard called Aresa? Nwanne biko hapu ndi ofe. Ha bu ndi ara.

I have forgotten about him

Enweghi m ihe m ji ha eme
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 11:40am On Jul 24, 2016
obailala:

Why lecture them..allow them to wallow in their sophisticated red roofed congenital ignorance ....

Now ekwene ka ha mebie threadia biko
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 11:42am On Jul 24, 2016
obailala:

Do you know the meaning of aresa in igbo

It means seven madness

So give up on him
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:

Number 1

Number two
----
----
---
For example,
---

----

----

----
----

Hi Adaure, Thank you for this topic, I'm female as well, and I too find this issue a burning desire.

Ada, could you please amend you initial post with valid suggestion contributors have made. As more suggestion are made you update accordingly.

As many people have mentioned, the notion of senators and elected officers Contributing to the fund is not feasible. Only encourages corruption. The contribution, as someone mentioned earlier should state state government and not the governors.
So should be state and the people.

It's paramount that this fund is transparent. Even more important before setting up this fund would be to have well defined development plan.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Stingman: 11:49am On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:

There you go. Haven't done or even tried anything yet and they are already blaming, pointing fingers and playing the usual victim mortality game...

You see why these people can never get ahead.?

They've effectively paralyzed themselves with lazy mentality and victim syndrome..

Smh..

There could be a point there...Tell me what happened to Tinubu power project?

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by londoner: 11:54am On Jul 24, 2016
Op nice idea but I think it's a mistake to make putting development solely in the hands of governors or politicians especially as they have proven not to be trusted with allocations given to them. Also there needs to be realistic costing of development. 280 billion may sound like lots of money but it really isn't that much to invest across five states to develop them.

There needs to be more private sector and crowd fund initiatives that partner with but don't originate from state funds. As long as the money mostly comes from them they will make it yet again an avenue to enrich themselves whether openly or otherwise.

There needs to be a harnessing, investing and long term partnership with the diaspora too.

Nigerian diaspora sent home 21 billion Dollars last year........if some funds could be directed to specific planned projects we would see rapid development in under the ten years you speak of and be able to put the gov in its rightful place instead of them holding all the cards due to allocation.

Nigerians need to see that lots can be achieved outside or alongside the government.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by udo001(m): 12:02pm On Jul 24, 2016
You have a very good idea but it's just that many of my brothers are still very much tribalistic . Because this zone can't develope even if we are a sparate nation stop the hate speech and stop claiming of people from other state .
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
Pchidexy:

Wetin concern una for Igbo matter? Ndi ara!

Ndi ara to you and your family bro.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Stingman: 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
Solozzo:
Brilliant ideas from the OP. I think that pooling money in a big purse on a regular basis would lead to corruption and mistrust. Perhaps we strengthen the Union of SE first. The union may be made up of the Govs, finance commissioners and senators who meet regularly. Some seed money of say 30M monthly from each state Govt monthly for 12 months. Then use this to get development expert consortiums to work out those dev plans discussed already. Each project can be done by getting govs , companies, rich individuals of SE origin to contribute money towards the project. The projects should be managed and developed by foreign experts. The profits can be shared by the states.

Some of the solid ventures can then be listed on the stock exchange and people in diaspora should be encouraged to own shares. Once they believe the project is transparent and in the SE, they will be encouraged to partake. Also the management structures of the ventures, could be exposed to the best expatriates, with skills in management...They mustn't be Igbos, at the beginning...For instance the Bank of England governor is a Canadian...The automobile, cement companies, IT, rail system, road networks, Agricultural ventures, tourism, coal power, oil and gas...would be listed and foreign investors will come, once they see transparency, physical development and profitability...

Though I would have preferred we do these as a separate country, as I see the project being frustrated by the central government...
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by kashflynn(m): 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
Does your house generator, generate up to 30,000volt... Please do ur finding nd stop quoting ppl comment ignorantly...

MIKOLOWISKA:
please quote that power act for me Abeg and stop guessing. Do you send your generator power into the grid? Why should the state, once it's not using Nepa infrastructure
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
AmuDimpka:

Sometimes I keep asking what is actually wrong with the Yoruba mind

This is where igbo brainstorm and think how to develop east which is better than all the rustic Yoruba town excluding Lagos which is a no man place developed by all

Why masturbate here

Yoruba peeps are terrible

"Yoruba peeps are terrible"

Thunder fire your life if you or any member of your family lives in Yoruba land. Arindin. If your towns are better than ours I wonder why you are abandoning your towns and coming to our rustic villages.

Who says you shouldn't deliberate? Who cares? Nobody goes to the east except your people for Christmas and to be buried.

All the OP succeeded in doing was to convene her own pity party. Looking for pity where you'll get none.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Stingman: 12:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
Ioannes:

"Yoruba peeps are terrible"

Thunder fire your life if you or any member of your family lives in Yoruba land. Arindin. If your towns are better than ours I wonder why you are abandoning your towns and coming to our rustic villages.

Who says you shouldn't deliberate? Who cares? Nobody goes to the east except your people for Christmas and to be buried.

All the OP succeeded in doing was to convene her own pity party. Looking for pity where you'll get none.

Imagine a Nigeria without the Igbos?
Lagos would have been another Lome, and Abuja, Khartoum.
Yorubas are so mean and clannish, that they would never develop any other places than SW...Igbos develop wherever they live...be it SE, SW, SS, NC, NE and NW...And is a fact. See >>>>>>>>>>

Suswam lauds Igbo for business activities in Benue

BENUE State Governor Gabriel Suswam has declared that any state government in the nation, which ignores the Igbo people, does so at the risk of its economy.
Speaking at the Government House, Makurdi, while receiving leaders of the Igbo community from the 23 local councils of the state, Suswam expressed appreciation for the Igbo community for their investments and developmental projects in the state.

According to him, when the Igbo community resolved to boycott the popular Zaki Biam Yam Market, the biggest in the nation, over disagreements with the host community, the market ran into serious challenges.

“Any state government that ignores the Igbo does so at the risk of its economy. It is in this wise that I appointed a high powered official in my government from the Igbo community to liaise between me and the community”, Suswam said.

3 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by ponti93(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:

Number 1

Number two
----
----
---
For example,
---

----

----

----
----
u made so much sense, until some collects the whole money and run away
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 24, 2016
Stingman:

Imagine a Nigeria without the Igbos?
Lagos would have been another Lome, and Abuja, Khartoum.
Yorubas are so mean and clannish, that they would never develop any other places than SW...Igbos develop wherever they live...be it SE, SW, SS, NC, NE and NW...And is a fact. See >>>>>>>>>>

Suswam lauds Igbo for business activities in Benue

BENUE State Governor Gabriel Suswam has declared that any state government in the nation, which ignores the Igbo people, does so at the risk of its economy.
Speaking at the Government House, Makurdi, while receiving leaders of the Igbo community from the 23 local councils of the state, Suswam expressed appreciation for the Igbo community for their investments and developmental projects in the state.

According to him, when the Igbo community resolved to boycott the popular Zaki Biam Yam Market, the biggest in the nation, over disagreements with the host community, the market ran into serious challenges.

“Any state government that ignores the Igbo does so at the risk of its economy. It is in this wise that I appointed a high powered official in my government from the Igbo community to liaise between me and the community”, Suswam said.

Here we go again.

Imagine nigeria without Igbo?

I'd say Nigeria would be a paradise.

But frankly speaking Nigeria needs all of her children from the east, west, north and south.

Together, we can be very great.

But putting your ethnic group above others is simply silly.

I still don't know how you guys think you can survive without Nigeria.

You guys are known for trade mostly and Nigeria with her over 200million population strength and free access to 36 states and their resources provides a good environment for you guys to thrive.

Why can't you guys try and imbibe the virtue of humility in your lives.

If you're not crying about how maligned you are, you are boasting about how you are the best in the world and others are Nothing without you.

You better go and change...

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Stingman: 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2016
Ioannes:

Here we go again.

Imagine nigeria without Igbo?

I'd say Nigeria would be a paradise.

But frankly speaking Nigeria needs all of her children from the east, west, north and south.

Together, we can be very great.

But putting your ethnic group above others is simply silly.

I still don't know how you guys think you can survive without Nigeria.

You guys are known for trade mostly and Nigeria with her over 200million population strength and free access to 36 states and their resources provides a good environment for you guys to thrive.

Why can't you guys try and imbibe the virtue of humility in your lives.

If you're not crying about how maligned you are, you are boasting about how you are the best in the world and others are Nothing without you.

You better go and change...

If you are from the east, tell me how you would feel, if the central government can build 3rd mainland bridge, and Lokoja bridge but use the 2nd Niger bridge as a political stunt? Tell me how you will feel, like going to Lagos to travel abroad? Would you be happy that the currently government is now doing Lagos- Ibadan road, while Enugu and Onitsha road has been cut off? ...be happy that the only important federal presence in the region is the military barracks..? Listen mister, we shouldn't be subjugated as a people and we swallow it, simply because of large population. Ghana is smaller but Nigerians rush to go an live there. Igbo are very important group in Nigeria and they should be treated with respect like other people.

I maintain, that the development you see all over Nigeria, wouldn't have been as it is, without the Igbos. Yorubas are the second wealthy group, or the wealthiest, if that will make you feel good, but they are so clannish and wouldn't develop any region other than theirs..I stand to be corrected on this.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by ikenga67: 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2016
I really admire your passion Ada. For someone so young your interest in politics and especially your advocacy of the Igbo cause is very touching. Keep it up and keep neing an inspiration to the young ones that have the most at stake. By the way do you reside in igboland?
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by brojoshua: 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
But first remove corruption and the likes from south east or north west or anywhere else in Nigeria and then there will be true development
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
I really dont get the insults.... isnt there a way to put your points or arguments across without insults? The ongoing arguments about the delta igbos is why she didnt include them in d first place... though I believe they r igbos, I still think t should b a thing of choice cos there might b a splitter group that'll disagree with the arrangement.

Back to the matter, someone talked about giving back power to the Fed.govt which is true. But u gat to produce a certain MW for that to happen. Fashola generated power in Lagos just for certain areas like secretariat n co when he was governor. S.E state governors could do that n they wont need to give to d Fed.govt cos t wont b up to d stipulated MW. Simply put, generate little MW of power for various LGs while the rest LGs rely on the FG generated MW

For road construction, I once read where Dangote was allowed to fix a road in return for tax exemption for some years or so, try that in S.E n ull c Anambra billionaires indicating interest....through such, roads like Enugu-Onitsha can b fixed, Owerri-Umuahia can b dualized, Owerri-Ph through Obinze can b completed (dont.know why Arab contractors stopped halfway sef)

Lets keep on brainstorming..... n for those that just come to forment trouble, I appreciate cos presence of irritating beings makes our world a complete world
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by badnature: 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
cheruv:

You contributed too??
Chai...
And these yorubas are claiming that FG built the stuff...can you imagineundecided
in Biafra,under three years,they were making their own rocket and calculating its distances; distilling their own oil and making aviation fuel,creating in their Chemical and biological laboratories,New cures for diseases like Cholera,shaping their own spare parts,and turning the entire East into a vast workshop,as Ojukwu put it. By 1966, the Eastern Nigeria gas master plan had been completed under Okpara.But in its review of a Nigeria gas master plan,the federal government strategically circumvented the East. oil and gas are under federal oversight.The trans-Amadi to Aba industrial gas network/linkage had been completed in 1966, to pipe gas from port-Harcourt Aba.the federal government let that g into abeyance and uprooted the already reticulated pipes.The East was denied access to energy. The Mbakwe government sought to remedy this by embarking on two highly critical area of investment necessary for industrial life: the 5 zonal water projects, which were 75% completed by 1983, and set for commissioning in 1984, which was to supply water for domestic and international use to all part of the old imo state,and the Amaraku and lzombe Power station, under the lmo rural Electrification project.These were the first ever massive independent power project ever carried out by any state in government in Nigeria which would have made significant part of lgbo land energy independent today. the supply of daily electricity was possible in lmo then when Buhari came to power the first order of business was to declare all that investment by Mbakwe a" white elephant project" they were abandoned and left to be decay. Ground had already been acquired and cleared on the Umuahia -Okigwe road to commence work by the South Korean Auto firms, Hyundai,Assembly plants in Umuahia,to cater for central and west Africa market.again Buhari declared it a "white elephant project" they were abandoned and left to be decay. the equipment at the Amaraku power stationwas later sold in part by jeo Aneke during Abacha's government. Some of the industries like the Paint and Resins company,and the Aluminum Extrusion plants in lnyishi were privatized,and sold.projects like the massive Ezinachi Clay and Brick work at Okigwe are at various stages of decay,as memories to all that effort

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
Stingman:

If you are from the east, tell me how you would feel, if the central government can build 3rd mainland bridge, and Lokoja bridge but use the 2nd Niger bridge as a political stunt? Tell me how you will feel, like going to Lagos to travel abroad? Would you be happy that the currently government is now doing Lagos- Ibadan road, while Enugu and Onitsha road has been cut off? ...be happy that the only important federal presence in the region is the military barracks..? Listen mister, we shouldn't be subjugated as a people and we swallow it, simply because of large population. Ghana is smaller but Nigerians rush to go an live there. Igbo are very important group in Nigeria and they should be treated with respect like other people.

I maintain, that the development you see all over Nigeria, wouldn't have been as it is, without the Igbos. Yorubas are the second wealthy group, or the wealthiest, if that will make you feel good, but they are so clannish and wouldn't develop any region other than theirs..I stand to be corrected on this.

You are a very funny person.

Jonathan promised you guys to build the Niger bridge during his first campaign, you voted for him, 4years later he's yet to do scratch. He comes around again and begs you that he'll do it if you vote for him again. You guys still went ahead to vote for him. Immaturity or political blindness?

If you say Igbos are a very important group in Nigeria, I agree wholeheartedly. But if you say Igbos are the MOST important group in Nigeria, then I'd say shove that up where the sun doesn't shine. Bullsh*t I call that.

Development where? Oh lemme guess, you think having a corner shop somewhere in Alaba or Iwo-rd counts as development? I'm sure very soon you'll claim it's an igbo man that owns shoprite.

If Dangote were to be an Igbo man we will certainly not hear the end of it.

I don't give a sh*t if Yoruba is the wealthiest ethnic group or second like you most graciously granted us.

The point is, how does this affect the standard of living of the ordinary citizens?

You say we are clannish? Like for real? Oga, abeg park well o.

You guys are the most clannish humans on this planet. See why your region has refused to grow and why y'all leave in droves to the SW because the people there that you say are clannish are the most accomodating.

You buy land and build houses. I wonder if I could do the same in the east.

No, you haven't developed Nigeria, we all have.(assuming we can call what we have development)

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by obailala(m): 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

It was built by the military administrator of the state under military rule which means it was built by the FG hence the airport belonging to the FG since day one. The FG can not take over what belongs to any state in Nigeria.

Under military rule are you suggesting we didn't have 3 tiers of government?... Something built by a military administrator of a state using state funds, you claim it is a federal project because it was under military rule; this your logic is quite weird.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by badnature: 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2016
You may not remember but Odumegwu Ojukwu founded and open the first Nigerian University of Technology--The university of technology port-Harcourt in 1967, under the leadership of prof.Kenneth Dike.he had also compelled Shell to establish the first petroleum technology training institute in Port- Harcourt in 1966.All these were dismantled.The PTI was taken from port-Harcourt to Warri,while University of Technology P/H was reduced to a campus of UNN,until1975,when it became Uniport.You will recall that for years, up till 1981, the only institutions of higher learning in Central Eastern Nigeria were the University of Nigeria Nsukka,IMT Enugu and Alvan lkoku College of Education in Owerri. There is no innovation without center of strategic research. The master plan for these university as epicenter of research and innovation in the East were effectively grounded with the second coming of the military in 1984,
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
Stingman:

There could be a point there...Tell me what happened to Tinubu power project?

I don't know, please educate me..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Insists On Results From Polling Units, Raises Alarm On Plot To Alter Results / Nigerian Medical Association Decorates Senate President Bukola Saraki (Pictures) / Reasons South-East Senators Visited Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.