Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. (28161 Views)

My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria / Boko Haram Kidnaps 22 Girls And Women In North-east Nigeria / Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by henrimoto(m): 12:01am On Jul 24, 2016
Scholes007:
To set the record straight, there is no place tagged osu in Igboland. In my place it is refer to as "amusu" which means witch/wizard. In every culture in the world non accept witches or wizards. This is applicable to igboland. There is no group of people/clan tagged osu or what ever you refer it as. Most of this believes are erronous as science has come to show us that some of these claims are unfounded. Take for instance in the olden days if a woman were to give birth to children who often die at tender age, they are called amusu and banished from the land. But in recent times, science have made us to know that some blood genotype when they give birth is likely to have a sickle cell kid. And these kids are likely to die at infancy if no medical attention is given to them. So you see there is nothing like osu as you implied.
Hellooooooo!!!!, what are you saying? Tell that to the kindergarten children or to those who are not conversant with history and culture.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by cheruv: 12:03am On Jul 24, 2016
saintdennis:

Delta north n delta is benin country...even ojukwu knew that. Feel free to add the others.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Fpersiee(m): 12:10am On Jul 24, 2016
Mind-boggling and highly encompassing. At least, I would like to behold the face and brain that gave birth to this concept.
Adaure4ever:
One Of My Deep passionate dreams is to see a well developed South East Geopolitical Zone.
South East comprise of 5 states, Abia, Enugu, Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi and for this states to be developed, they need to be centralized and united in planning.

Number 1
Setting Up A South East Developing Cooperation(SEDC) that will be sponsored by the 5 SE Governors and will have their branch offices in every states in the south east.

Number two
Opening Up A Joint saving Account Of The 5 SE States where
a) a deposit of atleast 200million per state governor will be made every month.
200million x 5 states=1 Billion per month
b)50million per month by the 15 senators in South East.
50million x 15= 750million per month
c) 10million per month by the 30
Federal house of reps from South East.
10millionx 30= 300million per month.
----
NOW ADD THEM UP TOGETHER= 1 Billion plus 750million plus 300million= 2 billion,50million naira.
----
Then if SEDC realise approximately 2 billion per month, multiply it by 12month= 24billion naira.
Multiply the yearly 24billion naira by 10years = 240Billion naira.
Thats means that 240billion naira will be in South East Development Cooperation(SEDC) account in just a span of 5years upon establishment.
---
- With 240billion invested in South East, will it not develop the Geopolitical zone the more, make it a hot investment zone and attract Igbo business men back.
For example,
- 1. If Akwa Ibom state completes its seaport, SEDC can build a Light Rail project from Aba to The seaport in Akwa Ibom, in order to boost up a close importation and revive south east economy.
---
- 2. SEDC can build a multipurpose industrial park in Nnewi, investors are on ground to key into the project.

----
- 3. SEDC can pull investors to invest in Enugu Coal inorder to Power up the South East. Enugu coal can serve the 5SE states in constant electricity for up to 100years.

----
- 4. SEDC can launch and build an Agro-industrial and processing zone in Ebonyi state inorder to tap into their Agricultural potential and create jobs.

----
- 5. SEDC can turn Owerri into an Educational and Tourism base in SE.
A University that will be international standard can be built in Imo and the tourism potential of the state harnessed like the oguta lake.
----
- 6. SEDC can fix SE federal roads by itself.
IGBOS, We are a unique people, let us look inward and develop the south east.
We are on our own in this country- Adaure4ever

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nne5: 12:19am On Jul 24, 2016
cheruv:

Seriously... Am interested in the babe but for someone who's politically inclined like her,she needs to be properly schooled in the art of war and diplomacy. Applying her theories is akin putting a square peg in a round hole...not that her theories are bad,but that they can't work in the present Nigerian clime smiley
The bolded is soooo very correct.
I'd advice she focused on bettering her life instead because if she continues with this,higher powers and the powers that be will frustrate her efforts.

She isn't the first person with the idea.And she surely will not be the last the powers would frustrate.

Her ideas would only work if Nigeria changed for good.
And I don't think that would happen anytime soon.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nne5: 12:30am On Jul 24, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
so you rather sit and complain while others are trying to solve the problem. Your kind are the reason why naija the way it is
Oh puleeazze maintain your lane sir.
With the present nigerian clime,the idea would not work.
That is FACT!
Besides i don't complain because I have all I want.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by ceejay4real(m): 12:37am On Jul 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:
pls lets maintain a decorum in this thread.. Insulting his mother is silly.

Babe I love you so much! You are such an intelligent lady. You can call me or pm me on WhatsApp if you don't mind ok? I love rubbing minds with intelligent people. Your idea is so sooo brilliant! But it's not foolproof. Nevertheless, thumbs up pretty!
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Scholes007(m): 12:39am On Jul 24, 2016
henrimoto:
Hellooooooo!!!!, what are you saying? Tell that to the kindergarten children or to those who are not conversant with history and culture.

Hello keep your history to yourself as I have told you what osu means in my area. It means a witch/wizard. If you are banished from the land as osu, people always avoid you and your lineage. Note:The europeans will burn you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by ikechu1: 12:44am On Jul 24, 2016
Scholes007:
it doesn't matter whether anyone claim Igbo or not but the problem is that you are in a state where the govt will not vote for such union. For now we should arguement on already existing region which we have at hand in line with our interest in other regions which includes delta north. I also hope that one day events will shape us together legally.

Rubbish. Excuse to be a SE supremacist.

Abeg Waka commot!!!
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Scholes007(m): 12:50am On Jul 24, 2016
The SEDC as adaure proposed can also undertake the regional power distribution infrastructure in collaboration with EEDC and other private investors. It will be successful just like Aba IPP.

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 24, 2016
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:03am On Jul 24, 2016
Nne5:

Oh puleeazze maintain your lane sir.
With the present nigerian clime,the idea would not work.
That is FACT!
Besides i don't complain because I have all I want.
So what's your suggestion.
When ppl are hungry
Who do you think they'll kidnap
You(easy prey) or govt officials with a plethora of armed guards
All you have can be collected in minutes
You will not a good leader make
When your neighbour roof is on fire you help quench it before it reach your turn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by geraob1: 1:06am On Jul 24, 2016
ikechu1:

Did I say Delta North as in all? Since when did ika and ukwani having identity crisis within their communities now the voice of all delta north? Oh in your head, Asaba, ogwashi-uku, etc have identity problem? Within your community, don't you SE have dilemma as well? Didn't aguleri and umuleri fight amongst themselves. Aren't they still fighting? Aren't few set of onitsha people claiming non igbo but you ignore those few because most onitsha claim igbo but don't do the courtesy for us. Hell i didn't see you excluding the idoma amd igala communities found in Enugu and Anambra state...last I checked, they aren't claiming igbo. But for us, "you have identity crisis" so inconsequential. Just look at you. Move!!!!!! SE supremacist. Na only you be the igbo community. Onye Ara.

Waka!!!!!!!!!!

Oga pls be civilised. if you feel u guys have not been included say so sensibly. and pls I have hed Ppl from ugwuashi uku being asked not to be referred to as igbos.

6 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nestoville(m): 1:09am On Jul 24, 2016
[Aquote author=Adaure4ever post=47820792]One Of My Deep passionate dreams is to see a well developed South East Geopolitical Zone.
South East comprise of 5 states, Abia, Enugu, Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi and for this states to be developed, they need to be centralized and united in planning.

Number 1
Setting Up A South East Developing Cooperation(SEDC) that will be sponsored by the 5 SE Governors and will have their branch offices in every states in the south east.

Number two
----
NOW ADD THEM UP TOGETHER= 1 Billion plus 750million plus 300million= 2 billion,50million naira.
----
Then if SEDC realise approximately 2 billion per month, multiply it by 12month= 24billion naira.
Thats means that 240billion naira will be in South East Development Cooperation(SEDC) account in just a span of 5years upon establishment.
---
- With 240billion invested in South East, will it not develop the Geopolitical zone the more, make it a hot investment zone and attract Igbo business men back.
For example,
- 1. If Akwa Ibom state completes its seaport, SEDC can build a Light Rail project from Aba to The seaport in Akwa Ibom, in order to boost up a close importation and revive south east economy.
---
- 2. SEDC can build a multipurpose industrial park in Nnewi, investors are on ground to key into the project.

----
- 3. SEDC can pull investors to invest in Enugu Coal inorder to Power up the South East. Enugu coal can serve the 5SE states in constant electricity for up to 100years.

----
- 4. SEDC can launch and build an Agro-industrial and processing zone in Ebonyi state inorder to tap into their Agricultural potential and create jobs.

----
A University that will be international standard can be built in Imo and the tourism potential of the state harnessed like the oguta lake.
----
We are on our own in this country- Adaure4ever [/quote]

Hey can I kiss u? Or a better option, can I put the 240 billion Naira in that account already. Thanks.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by saintkeppy(m): 1:10am On Jul 24, 2016
ikechu1:
I had a feeling this chick is one of those SE supremacist people. Why am I not surprised? See how she included Akwa ibom in her equation but Asaba, Ogwashi uku, etc were excluded. I guess we are inconsequential in her mind. Mschewwwwwwwww. This coming from the girl who claimed to be "fighting for igbo". We can clearly see where your "fighting for igbo" starts and end.

Worthless thread...only you stay opening useless thread...clap for yourself
. Bro take am easy, she mention Akwa Ibom in respect to the patronage of the proposed seaport due to proximity to SE region by all Igbo biz men including you. That is instead of transporting goods from far away Lagos. Besides her Topic was based on SE states govt. coming together for common Development of the region. Strictly SE matter. The last time i checked the areas u mentioned are domiciled in Delta SS region.

Now the question is will the senator &MHoR of Delta North &Delta state Govt key into the plans?

Remember, the majority of Deltas are the Urhobos &other minor ethnic groups are watching &are ready to counter such moves.

You should be happy atleast Delta Igbo man is at the helm of affairs as Gov'nor, so u should expect development in ur area.

If its gonna be an Igbo Dev. Plan irrespective of states, i think SE bros &sis will welcome Asaba, ogwashi uku etc with open arms.

So instead of attacking her, rather give her kudos for coming up with such ideas. Thanks

7 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 24, 2016
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Scholes007(m): 1:26am On Jul 24, 2016
ikechu1:

Rubbish. Excuse to be a SE supremacist.

Abeg Waka commot!!!
oga abeg no vex o I no be supremacist....but Let's attach our sentiment with logic, will delta state as it is now agree to form any group with south east? Will any Igbo outside South east be proud to be included in south east? Pls note the difference bw SE geo political region and Igboland. My dream remains that all Igboland will be developed including the identity crisis areas but SE is the place unity could be forged. For now many Igbo outside south east will not accept to be included in SE, Why? Because they haven't seen much motivations yet especially when people deny openly that they don't have anything with the people in south east, while the govt and other tribes demonize the region.

3 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by saintkeppy(m): 1:26am On Jul 24, 2016
DaveAnte20:
igbos will not be granted citizenship in akwa cross ,but they'll be granted temporal work permit.When patronising the seaport,they must be watched closely and make sure they don't steal anything or break the laws . The container must be thoroughly searched to make sure there are no human body parts .
. Like seriously, i don't understand you. Can u throw mo'light? Thanx

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Lookupman: 1:29am On Jul 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:
pls lets maintain a decorum in this thread.. Insulting his mother is silly.

ALSO TAXING EVERY IGBO MAN FROM 25 YEARS UP TO 60 YEARS TO PAY 12,000 NAIRA YEARLY , NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE, WE HAVE MORE THAN 10 MILLION IGBO MEN AND THEY CAN START FROM THIS.

4 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by InvertedHammer: 1:34am On Jul 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:
One Of My Deep passionate dreams is to see a well developed South East Geopolitical Zone.

Number 1

Number two
----
----
---
For example,
---

----

----

----
----
/
To contribute money is not the problem.
The question is: Who will be managing the money? Looting, contract inflation, nepotism are lurking and wont be caught lacking.

The politicians know the answer. That's why none of them will contribute to the project.

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by saintkeppy(m): 1:46am On Jul 24, 2016
DLioness:
Nice post! Well I heard a seaport cn be built in abia. Nt necessarily that ur akwaibm calculatn.
. Where will the large Ocean Liner berth in Abia? Lol. No matter how u dredge it can't accommodate it, except transfers which will be an extra Logistics cost. Onitsha is more better than that lil stream in Abia but dredging is needed.

Note: Ibaka Deep Seaport has a natural depth 2nd to Lagos that can berth any size of Ships carrying loads of large containers except FPSO. And its dosen't necesirily needs dredging.

Advantage:Proximity to major SE Cities thru' major network of highways and railway transport system.

3 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Scholes007(m): 1:50am On Jul 24, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
To contribute money is not the problem.
The question is: Who will be managing the money? Looting, contract inflation, nepotism are lurking and wont be caught lacking.

The politicians know the answer. That's why none of them will contribute to the project.
This is where I said I don't support the financing aspect totally. They should be joint accounts of the state solely for identifying and planning of the projects. The projects should be excuted in partnership with the private sector (privately driven). Any donation for a project should be in joint account bw the states and the company that will excute it. It will be managed by 6 elected individuals from ministry of finance of each state and the company. Also the account detail should be open to the public in monthly or quarterly bases.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by jboi81(m): 3:09am On Jul 24, 2016
God bless you Adaure4ever,what a joy it will be if only you can be forever!you sure can keep something to be remembered for,forever;trust me. Your points are cool,but sure needs some fine-tuning,let us pray that God will shine it's light of success on our beloved Igboland to transform it to that state of desired development where we will continue to be proud of,where the world at large will identify with our beauty and development,where our land will be the choice of advance purpose of super,mega,rich growth in every positive facet of development in life,i love your passion dear,May God stand by us in Jesus name (Amen) Ada let's talk here 08035235642,thanks,love to hear from you.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by jboi81(m): 3:14am On Jul 24, 2016
God bless you Adaure4ever,what a joy it will be if only you can be forever!you sure can keep something to be remembered for,forever;trust me. Your points are cool,but sure needs some fine-tuning,let us pray that God will shine it's light of success on our beloved Igboland to transform it to that state of desired development where we will continue to be proud of,where the world at large will identify with our beauty and development,where our land will be the choice of advance purpose of super,mega,rich growth in every positive facet of development in life,i love your passion dear,May God stand by us in Jesus name (Amen) Ada whatsap me here 08035235642,thanks,love to hear from you.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by jboi81(m): 3:22am On Jul 24, 2016
Adaure4ever post=47820792]One Of My Deep passionate dreams is to see a well developed South East Geopolitical Zone.

Number 1

Number two
----
----
---
For example,
---

----

----

----
----
We are on our own in this country- Adaure4ever[i][/i]. God bless you Adaure4ever,what a joy it will. be if only you can be forever!you sure can keep something to be remembered for,forever;trust me. Your points are cool,but sure needs some fine-tuning,let us pray that God will shine it's light of success on our beloved Igboland to transform it to that state of desired development where we will continue to be proud of,where the world at large will identify with our beauty and development,where our land will be the choice of advance purpose of super,mega,rich growth in every positive facet of development in life,i love your passion dear,May God stand by us in Jesus name (Amen) Ada whatsap me here 08035235642,thanks,love to hear from you
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by SamMilla1(m): 3:38am On Jul 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Senators and House of Reps can afford those money, much money circulate in the state level govt., talk more of a Federal level.
They can afford it.
The SEDC can be runned by a trusted and reliable Financial Guru.
Fg frustrate which patnership? I don't think so, this is a state issue.
Nice comment though.

You mean a senator has the capacity to donate 50 million naira every month?
Please how much do they earn monthly?
I seem not to know anything about their payment structure.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Benjax(m): 4:07am On Jul 24, 2016
This is a superb composition from a highly concerned citizen. Like it is rightly stated, "we are on our own in this country". The idea,even though so many people label it as controversal, is quite implementable. Chinua Achebe said that "when the people are determined...." You see--determination,unity of purpose,sincerity etc are all we need to execute this because in the long run,everybody will be a beneficiary directly and/or indirectly.
My dear,you have a salient point that could be harnessed to yield maximum output as DEVELOPMENT.

MAY GOD BLESS THE South-East.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 4:29am On Jul 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:

Number 1

Number two
----
----
---
For example,
---

----

----

----
----

lol @ joint account,

Ordinary 2nd NB you can not collectively build 30 years running, everything you beg and blackmail other people for, from port to bridge to airport and on.

You don't have it in you as a people to do anything for yourself and this is why you hate and blackmail other people so stop wasting your time.

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Emyogalanya: 4:34am On Jul 24, 2016
We want again we want go home
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Emyogalanya: 4:40am On Jul 24, 2016
Nigeria will scatter number two
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by 2sexynet: 4:40am On Jul 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:

Number 1

Number two
----
----
---
For example,
---

----

----

----
----
Nne, I do not know you aside here on Nairaland but I will choose you over Nnamdi Kanu many time over.

Not for once has have those idiots agitating for the disintegration of Nigeria and the break of SE proffered solution on developing the South East before Embarking on their ridiculous suicide mission.

On your thread where you were being attacked over Attah's interview, I asked this same question: What are the economic road maps on ground to give us the utopia they claim? What are the goals on ground to ensure that will ensure that we will be better off after breaking out of this miasma called a country?

NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE has been able to give me answer. They all avoided that question like an Egyptian plaque.

You are the second person in years on Social Media to have outlined possible ways to develop the South East.

This is what I expected Nnamdi Kanu to spend his time doing, forcing the governors of the South East to work and develop the area before talking of Biafra.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by lloydmuna2(m): 5:15am On Jul 24, 2016
Nnem,, nwa u have a big dream it's time to go back home make this corrections. Don't think of what your country will do for u, think of what u will do for your country,,, at least after all this sweet idea South East will turn to Europe under few years
God help us amen cheesy
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by ICEMAN(m): 5:27am On Jul 24, 2016
Be it feasible or not? This is one of the most progressive and emancipating threads ever on Nairaland. Seun should be as proud as I am to be an instrument of positivist and constructive thinking. My eastern brothers and sisters I'm proud of you and Seun I'm also proud of you for it happening here. GOD Bless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Search Of Atiku’s Aircraft A Normal Routine Exercise In Airports - FG / Akeredolu Meets President Buhari, Presents His Re-election Form (photos) / Rivers: Why Pro-fubara Speaker Resigned, Vacated Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.