Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires (3345 Views)

Amphibious Unit of BSS In Tactical Military Drill Exercise (Photo) / Planned Amphibious Military Training In The Creeks: Ijaw People Cry Out For Help / See Pic Of Amphibious Gunboat Use By Nigerian Army 2 Fight Niger Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by tunde1200(m): 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2016
China has completed production of the world's largest amphibious aircraft which will be used to fight forest fires and perform marine rescues.

The aircraft, dubbed the AG600, is around the size of a Boeing 737 - far larger than any other plane built to take off and land on water.

It has a maximum flight range of 2,800 miles and can collect 12 tonnes of water in 20 seconds. Its maximum take-off weight of 53.5 tonnes.

The state-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China unveiled the first of the new planes on Saturday in the southern port city of Zhuhai.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3705696/It-s-sea-monster-China-unveils-world-s-largest-amphibious-aircraft-used-fight-forest-fires-perform-marine-rescues.The production is the latest effort in the country's program to wean itself off dependence on foreign aviation firms.

Before the AG600, the largest amphibious cast was the H-4 Hercules, known as the Spruce Goose, which was designed in the 1940s to carry Allied troops into battle.

It is regarded as by far the largest seaplane ever built although it only ever made one flight in 1947. Its wingspan is still longer than the AG600's.

The Chinese plane, which is targeted at the domestic market, will be 'very useful in developing and exploiting marine resources,' local media reported, adding that it could be used for 'environmental monitoring, resource detection and transportation'.

AVIC deputy general manager, Geng Rugang, said the plane was 'the latest breakthrough in China's aviation industry.' A plan for the development and production of the AG600 received government approval in 2009.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3705696/It-s-sea-monster-China-unveils-world-s-largest-amphibious-aircraft-used-fight-forest-fires-perform-marine-rescues.html

1 Share

Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by rottennaija(m): 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
I wish I was able to choose my birth place

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by holuwatobhy(m): 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
Nigeria
Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
Nigeria unveil change
Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by post111(m): 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
Kudos 2 china

We ar yet 2 manufacture pencil. All is well

4 Likes

Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by CSTR12: 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
China has reverse engineered most american industrial products to solve indigenous industrial need and create self-sufficiency. Very smart mofos.
The chinese communist government must collectively have the highest Intellectual quotient(IQ) in the world today among world leaders.
Try such in Nigeria like innoson is supposedly trying to do and you would hear self-righteous trolls tell us how the design is chinese, taiwanese or siberian.
Even the federal government is irredeemably dumb.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by DaniDani(m): 6:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
Very soon Buhari will offer them help on how to use it

5 Likes

Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2016
DaniDani:
Very soon Buhari will offer them help on how to use it
U know it all.
God bless u

3 Likes

Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by rudebouy: 7:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
Now dats a first world country in action
Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by MrDude: 7:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
rottennaija:

Seconded! angry

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by RealJaneDoe: 8:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
post111:
Kudos 2 china

We ar yet 2 manufacture pencil. All is well

All is not well my brother let's not deceive ourselves undecided angry grin
Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by gebest: 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
rottennaija:
hahaha, bros so u still dey Nigeria, me don change my own since to Chinco.
Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by oyetpel(m): 9:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
rottennaija:
I swear bro. I always cry why me? Why was i born in this Zoo. Hope to go around in the next 3 years tho.
Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by gen2briz(m): 10:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
Is Fayose there?
Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by megama: 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
tunde1200:
China has completed production of the world's largest amphibious aircraft which will be used to fight forest fires and perform marine rescues.

The aircraft, dubbed the AG600, is around the size of a Boeing 737 - far larger than any other plane built to take off and land on water.

It has a maximum flight range of 2,800 miles and can collect 12 tonnes of water in 20 seconds. Its maximum take-off weight of 53.5 tonnes.

The state-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China unveiled the first of the new planes on Saturday in the southern port city of Zhuhai.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3705696/It-s-sea-monster-China-unveils-world-s-largest-amphibious-aircraft-used-fight-forest-fires-perform-marine-rescues.The production is the latest effort in the country's program to wean itself off dependence on foreign aviation firms.

Before the AG600, the largest amphibious cast was the H-4 Hercules, known as the Spruce Goose, which was designed in the 1940s to carry Allied troops into battle.

It is regarded as by far the largest seaplane ever built although it only ever made one flight in 1947. Its wingspan is still longer than the AG600's.

The Chinese plane, which is targeted at the domestic market, will be 'very useful in developing and exploiting marine resources,' local media reported, adding that it could be used for 'environmental monitoring, resource detection and transportation'.

AVIC deputy general manager, Geng Rugang, said the plane was 'the latest breakthrough in China's aviation industry.' A plan for the development and production of the AG600 received government approval in 2009.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3705696/It-s-sea-monster-China-unveils-world-s-largest-amphibious-aircraft-used-fight-forest-fires-perform-marine-rescues.html
. Ethnicity has battered everything we are doing here. It is not so in China. They work all hands on deck. That's their greatness. Till we emulate. God help us
Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by mankan2k7(m): 10:34pm On Jul 24, 2016
Why am I a Nigerian self?

Nothing seems to be working here
Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by seunny4lif(m): 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2016
Wetin be the big deal there grin grin grin
China built a plane undecided undecided
Nigeria will build plane in year 3030 grin grin grin since na pencil we won build first grin grin grin in year 2030 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by RealAdewole(m): 11:46pm On Jul 24, 2016
That's .........
Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by Rossikk(m): 11:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
rottennaija:

Because you are a lazy fool, who cannot do for himself but is waiting for others to create El Dorado for him. If the Chinese had your mentality 30 years ago, they'd still be suffering today like they were then. That plane, do you think it was their government that built it? It was ordinary Chinese folks from the private sector, just like you. Here in Nigeria, INNOSON is building cars, SUVs, and buses. He's even building parts for our military's fighter jets. Why can't YOU take that further and build helicopters? Who are you waiting for? Those Chinese guys that built that plane, who did they wait for before they started building? Do they have two heads? Lazy asss loafer. Go and choose to be born in Switzerland or Germany, so you don't have to use your brain.

1 Like

Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by 400billionman: 12:12am On Jul 25, 2016
I am waiting for APC to build their first aeroplane.

Lai Muhammed said its Masquerade they will build in 2016.

Then by 2030, pencils will come on board.

Bros, the stupidity of this regime makes everyone laugh at ourselves..
Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by DeKen: 3:16am On Jul 25, 2016
Wonderful.
Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by oyetpel(m): 7:55am On Jul 25, 2016
Rossikk:

Because you are a lazy fool, who cannot do for himself but is waiting for others to create El Dorado for him. If the Chinese had your mentality 30 years ago, they'd still be suffering today like they were then. That plane, do you think it was their government that built it? It was ordinary Chinese folks from the private sector, just like you. Here in Nigeria, INNOSON is building cars, SUVs, and buses. He's even building parts for our military's fighter jets. Why can't YOU take that further and build helicopters? Who are you waiting for? Those Chinese guys that built that plane, who did they wait for before they started building? Do they have two heads? Lazy asss loafer. Go and choose to be born in Switzerland or Germany, so you don't have to use your brain.
Two words for you motherfucker. Fu¢k you.
Re: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft Used To Fight Forest Fires by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 25, 2016
Forward thinking countries are moving forward, Nigeria is still trying to decide which direction is forward.
Lord pls hasten the days to 2019 and don't let our next president be a dullard.

(1) (Reply)

French Crack Down On Muslim Shop,sell Alcohol And Pork Or We Will Shut You Down / Apc Winning Ondo East With Wide Margin / Buhari Vs Theresa May. Who Wouldn Want To Listen To Pmb Speech At The UN . Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.