Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu (21438 Views)

Door Of Holy Kaabah Opened For Bagudu, Kebbi Governor, His Entourage In Mecca / Obiano, Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbe Watching Anambra Rice Being Harvested-pictures / Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by XaintJoel20: 8:50am On Jul 25, 2016
Dangote must be a thief. So you want to pay a paltry sum of 100000 for an hectre of land? This is a pittance to say the list.
Then forver make them slaves by paying stipend to them as labourers....

Wise decision from the farmers...

You see these people. They could not sacrifice land for their brother, but they want us to give Fulani herdsmen land in the south in the name of "One Nigeria"....

1 Like

Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by horlabiyi(m): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2016
Sir Dangote please come to Oyo state I mean Ogbomoso town.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by LuveU2(f): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2016
cheesy
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Femich18(m): 8:52am On Jul 25, 2016
HungerBAD:
Smart Governor.
Gone are the days "ABOKI" are termed stupid.
Sincerely... They too are wise now...I tire for this kind negotiation o
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by LuveU2(f): 8:52am On Jul 25, 2016
horlabiyi:
Sir Dangote please come to Oyo state I mean Ogbomoso town.
Lolss @ ur siggy..
Anyway dear pls vote falconey for mr nairaland cool

1 Like

Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by LydayBobo(m): 8:52am On Jul 25, 2016
Oasis007:
grin

He should offer Osun State the opportunity..... and I'm pretty sure he's not gonna regret, coz he's definitely gonna get the Acres as much as he needs for FREE!!!

They are simply do not understand the opportunity they are about to miss!

undecided
I was about to make the same comment you just made but when I read the comment of the governor, he is making sense. Am sure Osun people would not agree with him.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by sunnyflakes(m): 8:53am On Jul 25, 2016
Kebbi people are wiser than Edo people. While Godwin Obaseki, The APC gubernatorial candidate for the September 10, governorship race in Edo State disclosed that the government of Gov. Adams Oshiomole with him as the head of the economic team, gave out 150,000 hectares of Edo land to 12 commercial farmers, who will soon commence cultivation, Kebbi State refused to do so instead suggesting that the industrialist patronize the local farmers for raw materials. NA SO E SUPPOSE BE. SO ADAMS OSHIOMOLE, GODWIN OBASEKI AND OTHERS TAKE NOTE!!! INSTEAD OF ENSLAVING YOUR PEOPLE EMPOWER THEM.

3 Likes

Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by stonemasonn: 8:56am On Jul 25, 2016
Juxtified:
The state governor is right to an extent, you can't take away the lands of self employed farmers and convert them to perpetual employees.
But why didn't he source for another land area for Dangote? You know the massive investment opportunities a sugar factory belonging to someone like Dangote can attract to your sleeping state? The taxes, jobs, IGR? Look at what is going on today at the Lekki Free Trade Zone, a major source of confidence for investors trooping there en masse is the Dangote Refinery.
I believe he should have sold some government land instead or otherwise played some bureaucratic hardball to keep that blessed economic crusader in the state.
you did not read this part.

“When we came on board, there was pressure on us because all of those 24,000 hectares belong to farmers. And the proposal we met on ground was that those farmers would be paid compensation of about a hundred thousand naira per hectare.”
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by sweetgala(m): 8:57am On Jul 25, 2016
HungerBAD:
Smart Governor.

Gone are the days "ABOKI" are termed stupid.

What a foolish thing to say. It was a trend all over Nigeria. How many lands in SE has been sold to the Chinese at exploitation rates. A little less goes on in SW

2 Likes

Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by ademoladeji(m): 8:57am On Jul 25, 2016
This is so rare coming out from a Nigerian Governor.

Not about making 'state money' but placing the welfare n interests of the people to a high esteem.

Kudos man

1 Like

Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by ademoladeji(m): 8:59am On Jul 25, 2016
Ayomel:
Good citizen. Thanks for investing in the country we know a lot of people that invest in other country.
Pls mr Dangote kindly look south they will offer u land.

Which of the south?

West, east or South?
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by sweetgala(m): 8:59am On Jul 25, 2016
Ayomel:
Good citizen. Thanks for investing in the country we know a lot of people that invest in other country.
Pls mr Dangote kindly look south they will offer u land.

The governor is right. Why not build a factory and make the farmers the main material producers. You can even manage their output production and efficiency through technical support systems.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by anonimi: 9:00am On Jul 25, 2016
Modified.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by sweetgala(m): 9:04am On Jul 25, 2016
mountlarry:
Smart! The governor supports the people not giving up their lands for a private business. But they will support the giving of herdsmen farm lands belonging to farmers

Not all states are doing the the grazing reserve , it is being limited to the 7 states in NW-NC who already had a reserve dey up in 1963 these reserves were illegally encroached by farmers and the soil over grazed

Those would be turned into ranches , which are nothing more than cattle business parks. Allocated to cattle breeders who pay a tax and fee for the use of the service

1 Like

Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by aristosoft(m): 9:04am On Jul 25, 2016
Smart move by the governor by his explanation. Nice attempt by Dangote but as others have said. You need not own the lands. Sign a MOU with the farmers, let them produce all you need as it's done for Tomato farmers in kano. Organize them into groups and meet their representatives and carry the government along.
Every businessman is to maximize profit but let's not enslave our people.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by CXLVII: 9:05am On Jul 25, 2016
angels09:
he should buy Osun State up...... very unviable State.... Very intelligent governor Kebbi has. MNC's are evil.

Every investor thinks about the safety of his investment. Dangote will not do such considering his facility can be bombed or destroyed during one of those frequent agitations. Put yourself in the mas shoes.....
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by jerryfisher(m): 9:05am On Jul 25, 2016
angels09:
he should buy Osun State up...... very unviable State.... Very intelligent governor Kebbi has. MNC's are evil.

ar u talking about govt rauf??hee is a very good example of useless
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Itydee(m): 9:06am On Jul 25, 2016
God bless this Governor. His smartness has no comparison. Dangote has been cheating Nigerians since 1789. There is no evidence of his investments rubbing off on ordinary Nigerians. Most of his workers are Indians and Philipino who he pays peanuts. In this era of hardship. Dangote is investing over 17 billion Dollars in A refinery that will be fed by the products from the Avengers territory. There is no positive effect on the economy so far by this huge investment. What local content is Dangote sourcing and adding to his new plant and previous plants? Nothing not even specialized labour, not even expert managers.
Its a big shame that Kano is still the way it is and Dangote is the Richest Black man alive. If not for Kwankwaso. Borno State ravaged by Boko Haram would have been a better sight than Kano.

1 Like

Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by MrImole: 9:07am On Jul 25, 2016
Please come to Ekiti...
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Ice007(m): 9:08am On Jul 25, 2016
Now that's good governance; putting the farmer's well-being as utmost priority. I'm sure if it's in a state like Kwara he'd have been allotted all the hectares he desires to the detriment of the people. May God touch the hearts of our leaders.

1 Like

Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Kennyfancy(m): 9:10am On Jul 25, 2016
northerners and foolishness are like buhari and illitrate, d same farmland dat ur governor will give freely to fulani d killer
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Olusola147(m): 9:14am On Jul 25, 2016
This man head dey there I swear. very smart and clever unlike dem dem gomina gomina wey we get for south here. grin
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by amazingspiderma: 9:14am On Jul 25, 2016
sweetgala:

The governor is right. Why not build a factory and make the farmers your dad material producers. You can even manage their output production and efficiency through technical support systems

gbam.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Proffdada: 9:21am On Jul 25, 2016
enigma2007:

I don't think so! Dangote should offer them a better deal... Why would i trade my land for 100k when i can probably make that and more while still owning that same land..

Very smart of the gov...
I quite agree with you, he's a Shylock

2 Likes

Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by sexychocho(f): 9:23am On Jul 25, 2016
Nyc one
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by grandstar(m): 9:25am On Jul 25, 2016
mrvitalis:
Dangote is my mentor and I share his ideas... But with the level he is now... I don't think he needs to own farms again
Introduce this crop to this farmers and show them u will buy from them, u sign an agreement to he the sole buyer of the product at fixed price (that will be reviewed after very 3 years)
This way u have a constant supply and the farmers are independent.... And very happy
But the truth is am disappointed in dangote still trying to produce sugar from sugarcane... For real.. When we don't have the land... Men beets will give us all the sugar we need with just 200,000 hectares...
While am coming.... Just watch out for the name MRVITALIS

Beet is s temperate crop but sugarcane is tropical. You post is very confusing

1 Like

Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by HAH: 9:25am On Jul 25, 2016
Dangote is greedy why not give them seeds and other incentive and buy the product from them, that is backward integration, instead of collecting their land, at best he should have asked for lease not outright purchase
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by iboboyswag(m): 9:26am On Jul 25, 2016
This is simply brilliant!!! I wouldn't have done any better... But I would ask the amiable Governor to use his good office to attract similar investment under the same terms should Dangote refuse the planned model, seeing that the people of osun are already offering their lands for free.

The state has done a lot to the benefit of everyone involved in the cultivation of rice with the support of the CBN and I firmly believe with his focused leadership, pulling through a fine deal on sugar won't be a challenge.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Reference(m): 9:33am On Jul 25, 2016
This is where the rubber meets the road and the answer we give to this question will define this country for decades to come. Because it is about the big man versus the small man, who helps the economy more, the industrialist versus the subsistence farmer, external investment versus local interests and on and on. I listened to a program a couple of years ago about the Chinese land grab in Africa as it affected Serria-Leonian famers, Zambian miners, etc. The question is, will the interest of all parties be supported by a decision for or against the Dangote push.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Omoluabi16(m): 9:33am On Jul 25, 2016
You see? Definitely the grazing bill is dead on arrival. any mumu state that agrees to that bill ehn..hmm.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Reference(m): 9:41am On Jul 25, 2016
HAH:
Dangote is greedy why not give them seeds and other incentive and buy the product from them, that is backward integration, instead of collecting their land, at best he should have asked for lease not outright purchase

The same can be said for the enterprise or company you own or work for. Why can't you lease the land and call the local populace around you to work. I'm sure you will baulk at the idea on grounds of: control, control and control. I'm sure and I am aware Dangote has tried this model before and it probably has not worked. Just as I will always say, why is Julius Berger still operating in Nigeria after 50 years building ordinary bridges, culverts and roads that look exactly alike. Perhaps Dangote wants to use technology, technicians and industrial processes that are not compatible with what is on offer locally.....who knows. The question is do you think Nigeria can move forward under the current model of subsistence farming.

Is Nigeria better of being served by by industrialists or the people. What does each party bring to the table. You can say Dangote will attract foreign investment by 'leading' because they are watching. You can say he will generate foreign currency and this is the much touted diversification from oil we talk about. You can say on the other hand that subsitence farmers produce the stuff we consume daily and that Dangote is only producing stuff for the international market and for his pocket. And that if the local farmers should lose income the community becomes poorer with the attendant socio-economic fallout.

It is a great debate.

1 Like

Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Caseless: 9:47am On Jul 25, 2016
Flyingngel:
U were making sense until u divert to insults. So d whole of Niger Deltan are lazy? In as much as i don't support this incessant bombing but i knw if this crude oil were to b at ur back by now u in particular would b telling who care to listen that resource control is d best. Pls tell them to give us control of our resources even if we use it to play Niger Bet it is nobody business. Always put urself in other people problem before talking. Thank u.
I didn't say the whole Niger delta is lazy. Cross river is not an oil producing state, but it's more beautiful than most states down there.

Again, have you forgotten that Seriake Dickson told us that bayelsa people or probably ijaw people are lazy?

What bayelsa state gets from federation account every month is more than what the 6 northeastern states get in 6 months, yet you think your resources is being used to develop the north. What have you done with so much that you have been given?

Hold your leaders accountable, not blaming the north here and there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Congratulates Anthony Joshua, FG To Invite Him Soon / Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers / European Union Backs Okonjo-Iweala For WTO Job – Bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.