Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu (21437 Views)

Door Of Holy Kaabah Opened For Bagudu, Kebbi Governor, His Entourage In Mecca / Obiano, Emefiele, Bagudu, Ogbe Watching Anambra Rice Being Harvested-pictures / Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Paretomaster(m): 9:52am On Jul 25, 2016
Kelvin3028:
Its simple. They don't want progress.

in as much as I agree the siting of the sugar refinery will create more employment, and boost the economic well being of the state, it is still not worth throwing the farmers into perpetual slavery.

will you part with a hectare of land for a mare 100k, and later lobby for your children to seek employment in d same company?

besides, the proposal predates the present Govt...and it's not all over, it's a negotiations process like the Governor stated below

*“We hope to convince Dangote that there are other ways
this can be done to have better security for his investment,
like agreeing that our farmers become his out-growers and
he buys from them for production in his factory.”*

more investment will be coming to the state, as the state is proving it's mettle in rice production, and it enjoy abundant power supply.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Flyingngel(m): 9:59am On Jul 25, 2016
[quote author=Caseless post=47866899] I didn't say the whole Niger delta is lazy. Cross river is not an oil producing state, but it's more beautiful than most states down there.

Again, have you forgotten that Seriake Dickson told us that bayelsa people or probably ijaw people are lazy?

What bayelsa state gets from federation account every month is more than what the 6 northeastern states get in 6 months, yet you think your resources is being used to develop the north. What have you done with so much that you have been given?

Hold your leaders accountable, not blaming the north here and there.

Am the last person that will blame the North for what ever our leaders down south are doing with our money. But the North shld support resource control and also true federalism. Remember during the era of rice and groundnut pyramids the North control 100% of their resources thus paying tax to d central government.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Reference(m): 10:04am On Jul 25, 2016
The only other thing I say is, by the time big business comes to stay in Nigeria the country will begin to appreciate what the communities and peoples of the Niger-Delta experience where their lands are expropriated with or without compensation, devastated and the gains whisked away to pockets and territories abroad. Someone said Dangote is greedy, hmmm what will you call Shell, Total, Agip and Chevron and the fat cats that lead them and their investors/shareholders, some of whom don't even know where Nigeria is on a map. At least if you are going to get raped, let it be by someone whom you can arrest, someone you know. If the peoples of Kebbi cannot let their land go, what should the gander do then. And then can we say we are ready for industrialization, diversification of the economy. They want to keep their land but enjoy agric subsidies paid for by oil at someone elses expense. Is this fair. The peoples of the Delta are not given a choice. Once oil is discovered they must give up the land by government fiat. Can Dangote do same. Should he do same.

2 Likes

Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Reference(m): 10:08am On Jul 25, 2016
Paretomaster:

in as much as I agree the siting of the sugar refinery will create more employment, and boost the economic well being of the state, it is still not worth throwing the farmers into perpetual slavery.

will you part with a hectare of land for a mare 100k, and later lobby for your children to seek employment in d same company?

besides, the proposal predates the present Govt...and it's not all over, it's a negotiations process like the Governor stated below

*“We hope to convince Dangote that there are other ways
this can be done to have better security for his investment,
like agreeing that our farmers become his out-growers and
he buys from them for production in his factory.”*

more investment will be coming to the state, as the state is proving it's mettle in rice production, and it enjoy abundant power supply.

But this is what has been happening in the Niger Delta since oil was discovered and ordinary people question the agitation. Can you see how unfair Nigeria is. And to think that the population density down south is higher than in the north meaning more poor people per hectare of land. When Dangote is done they can still farm. In the Delta most areas are almost permanently damaged, never to be cultivated again.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Reference(m): 10:13am On Jul 25, 2016
This is why I say Nigeria's problem is structural, not corruption or the mundane issues, the rats this government is chasing.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Caseless: 10:20am On Jul 25, 2016
Flyingngel:
Am the last person that will blame the North for what ever our leaders down south are doing with our money. But the North shld support resource control and also true federalism. Remember during the era of rice and groundnut pyramids the North control 100% of their resources thus paying tax to d central government.

I remember. There was no oil exploration in the ND then, so what was paid to FG was used to put some structures on ground in the ND. The north is not parasitic , we can survive without oil like we did in the past.

We all know what happened when tomatoes suffered Ebola last time.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Paretomaster(m): 10:28am On Jul 25, 2016
Reference:

But this is what has been happening in the Niger Delta since oil was discovered and ordinary people question the agitation. Can you see how unfair Nigeria is. And to think that the population density down south is higher than in the north meaning more poor people per hectare of land. When Dangote is done they can still farm. In the Delta most areas are almost permanently damaged, never to be cultivated again.

what's the agreement between the Niger Delta farmers, and the FG?......this I think is a different scenario, as we are talking of farmlands, and mineral resources, which the constitution specifically allot to the FG.

besides whatever agreement the farmers, and d niger delta leadership agree on with d FG is there own making......plus we all know the NDELTANS are being compensated via the 13% but som few greedy elements are feeding fat on that at the expense of the ppl..

I roll u what very few in ND hav accumulated alone is enough to change the lot of the ppl.

this are the same set of ppl that will term the Northerners backward, daft etc......
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Flyingngel(m): 10:33am On Jul 25, 2016
[quote author=Caseless post=47867831] I remember. There was no oil exploration in the ND then, so what was paid to FG was used to put some structures on ground in the ND. The north is not parasitic , we can survive without oil like we did in the past.

I knw the North can survive without oil. So every region go back to resources and control it 100% thereby paying tax to d central government. North go back groundnut and tomatoes, Southwest go back to Cocoa, Southeast to Coal and Cashew, Niger Delta to Oil and Cassava. I believe with this we will make a little step further.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Caseless: 10:39am On Jul 25, 2016
[quote author=Flyingngel post=47868220][/quote]you are right. We shall get over this economic serfdom.

You don't quote post correctly. Take note
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Flyingngel(m): 10:46am On Jul 25, 2016
[quote author=Caseless post=47868397]you are right. We shall get over this economic serfdom.

You don't quote post correctly. Take note

Am using a small phone to type. Noted.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by timi0103(m): 10:50am On Jul 25, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Hmmmm...100k for an acre?..that's a joke

Land is very cheap in remote areas all over Nigeria. That's even on the high side trust me.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by babyfaceafrica: 10:52am On Jul 25, 2016
timi0103:

Land is very cheap in remote areas all over Nigeria. That's even on the high side trust me.
hmm
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by authority2006(m): 10:56am On Jul 25, 2016
angels09:
he should buy Osun State up...... very unviable State.... Very intelligent governor Kebbi has. MNC's are evil.

God will punish your entire household for this derogatory and unsavory comment
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by hatchy(f): 11:02am On Jul 25, 2016
Ayomel:
Good citizen. Thanks for investing in the country we know a lot of people that invest in other country.
Pls mr Dangote kindly look south they will offer u land.
You dey craze? Who will give out his one hecter of land for common 100k naira.In case you don't know land is expensive down south because there are more people inhabiting the land.So there is not enough land not to talk of giving out to a greedy capitalist whose aim is to make more money at the detriment of the people.
Why not create wealth by empowering the local farmers by buying the raw materials (sugar cane) from them,this will in turn drive the agro-industrial sector of that state.

Greedy people everywhere you go like MTN.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Standing5(m): 11:07am On Jul 25, 2016
Caseless:
I didn't say the whole Niger delta is lazy. Cross river is not an oil producing state, but it's more beautiful than most states down there.

Again, have you forgotten that Seriake Dickson told us that bayelsa people or probably ijaw people are lazy?

What bayelsa state gets from federation account every month is more than what the 6 northeastern states get in 6 months, yet you think your resources is being used to develop the north. What have you done with so much that you have been given?

Hold your leaders accountable, not blaming the north here and there.
Stop lying.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Standing5(m): 11:11am On Jul 25, 2016
Caseless:
I remember. There was no oil exploration in the ND then, so what was paid to FG was used to put some structures on ground in the ND. The north is not parasitic , we can survive without oil like we did in the past.

Stop lying.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by chigoizie7(m): 11:14am On Jul 25, 2016
This man is over smart.

I envy his ideas.

Not all these our yeye governors that will suppress it's people for eternity just because of stipends the investor will offer him.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 25, 2016
authority2006:

God will punish [b]authority2006
entire household for this derogatory and unsavory comment[/b].
Fixed!
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2016
Dangote represents slavery in modern form

CXLVII:

Every investor thinks about the safety of his investment. Dangote will not do such considering his facility can be bombed or destroyed during one of those frequent agitations. Put yourself in the mas shoes.....
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by SamMilla1(m): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2016
He can buy up Osun and Ekiti States.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by mrvitalis(m): 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
grandstar:

Beet is s temperate crop but sugarcane is tropical. You post is very confusing
Google tropical sugar beets
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by ihimami: 12:13pm On Jul 25, 2016
agitator:

hmmmmmmmmmm, the Northerners are always smart. Education wise, they may not be at par with the South, but always think smart. If this had been in the south south, governors would have even used military to forcefully take the land. The exact thing Amaechi did in Ogoni land. The same people who are refusing to allow Dangote use farmlands for his business, want to use federal might and money take over fertile farmlands down south for cattle grazing reserves which is a personal biz. So, farmers will use their spittle to purchase beef to feed their families. undecided undecided undecided

What do you mean when you said "the Northerners are always smart. Education wise, they may not be at par with the South". I think there is contradiction here. How can you be smart without education!
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by kjhova(m): 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
Flyingngel:
I knw the North can survive without oil. So every region go back to resources and control it 100% thereby paying tax to d central government. North go back groundnut and tomatoes, Southwest go back to Cocoa, Southeast to Coal and Cashew, Niger Delta to Oil and Cassava. I believe with this we will make a little step further.

The big problem with this "so, every region go back to resources..." is that we don't have regions in Nigeria anymore. The reality of our polity today are 36 states and FCT in a federation. So we are either referring to every state (and the FCT) going back to control their resources or we are asking for a constitutional annulment of the existing states and restructuring of Nigerian into whatever number of new "regions" for this purpose. Well, in comes Nigerian politicians...multiple squabbles and muddling of the topic...and there ends any such idea of a restructure.
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by agitator: 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
ihimami:

What do you mean when you said "the Northerners are always smart. Education wise, they may not be at par with the South". I think there is contradiction here. How can you be smart without education!

You don't need to be educated to know cheating is cheating, the southerners with all their education even a PhD holder will sell his brothers for the chicken change. So in otherwise education does not make anybody wiser but more knowledgeable, simple. wink wink wink
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Ayomel(m): 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2016
hatchy:
You dey craze? Who will give out his one hecter of land for common 100k naira.In case you don't know land is expensive down south because there are more people inhabiting the land.So there is not enough land not to talk of giving out to a greedy capitalist whose aim is to make more money at the detriment of the people.
Why not create wealth by empowering the local farmers by buying the raw materials (sugar cane) from them,this will in turn drive the agro-industrial sector of that state.

Greedy people everywhere you go like MTN.
No. I no de craze maybe I should ask you that same question. I have the right to my opinion and I didn't say he should buy your father land. So for the record am fine
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by Juxtified(m): 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2016
stonemasonn:
you did not read this part.

“When we came on board, there was pressure on us because all of those 24,000 hectares belong to farmers. And the proposal we met on ground was that those farmers would be paid compensation of about a hundred thousand naira per hectare.”
Saw it well bro, which is why I ended with this
Juxtified:

I believe he should have sold some government land instead or otherwise played some bureaucratic hardball to keep that blessed economic crusader in the state.
As in, "we can't give you that, but we have something else we can offer for the same price, with lower tax rates and other benefits..."
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
Juxtified:
The state governor is right to an extent, you can't take away the lands of self employed farmers and convert them to perpetual employees.
But why didn't he source for another land area for Dangote? You know the massive investment opportunities a sugar factory belonging to someone like Dangote can attract to your sleeping state? The taxes, jobs, IGR? Look at what is going on today at the Lekki Free Trade Zone, a major source of confidence for investors trooping there en masse is the Dangote Refinery.
I believe he should have sold some government land instead or otherwise played some bureaucratic hardball to keep that blessed economic crusader in the state.
so he should sell his ppl into slavery because of igr
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Hmmmm...100k for an acre?..that's a joke
rural land shïaman
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2016
realborn:
Such an interesting and very educative article.

It is better they lease the land at no cost to Dangote as equity to the business and all share profit annually.

God bless the governor for standing with his people. Very apt and intelligent questions posed to Dangote. 100k for an hectare? Damn!
Gbam
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
sapiosexual1:
You want to buy a hectare of land for commercial use at 100k? Seriously? That's the worst form of penny pinching.
We appreciate Dangote for his investments buh he has to money to pay premium for the land.

The governor's analogy makes sense, those above me critiquing him should go retake Econs in WAEC. The governor has his people's best interest at heart, unlike some rogue southern governors who because they have received brown envelope would forcefully take away the land citing an obsolete land use act and then force the compensation down the farmers' throats.
agricultural use not manufacturing. who else will buy land in the desert anytime soon
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by babyfaceafrica: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
rural land shïaman
I know,but dangote is shortchanging them
Re: Why Kebbi Denies Dangote Land –bagudu by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
mrvitalis:
Dangote is my mentor and I share his ideas... But with the level he is now... I don't think he needs to own farms again
Introduce this crop to this farmers and show them u will buy from them, u sign an agreement to he the sole buyer of the product at fixed price (that will be reviewed after very 3 years)
This way u have a constant supply and the farmers are independent.... And very happy
But the truth is am disappointed in dangote still trying to produce sugar from sugarcane... For real.. When we don't have the land... Men beets will give us all the sugar we need with just 200,000 hectares...
While am coming.... Just watch out for the name MRVITALIS
vertical integratio
you can't monitor quality with independent farmers.
what if pest invades. how will you arrange aerial spraying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Estate Is Our Property, Occupied By Police Officers, Not Armed Men - NPF / Convoy Attack: Tambuwal Vows To Bring Perpetrators To Book / Lai Mohammed Congratulates Anthony Joshua, FG To Invite Him Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.