Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? (10133 Views)

Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture / Make Up Your Minds Christians, Is The Law Done Or Not? / Christians, Is It A Sin To Name My Bulldog Yahweh? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by damogul: 11:38am On Jul 26, 2016
kilo4sure:

I agree, the more we gain knowledge on the negative effects of child marriage, the more we see why it is wrong. But even if Christians happened to live with Jews in those days and still practiced child marriage, they would still be wrong, irrespective of their ignorance. Do you agree with this premise?

Let me help him break it down so he would understand it better.

Knowledge just helped us confirm that it was wrong from the beginning so even if it was done back then it was still wrong morally and todays knowledge just helped to confirm it as being morally wrong in support of the Christian position.

grin understand dalaman?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by dalaman: 11:40am On Jul 26, 2016
damogul:

Are you now saying that indeed all you believe are based on Assumptions? If Jesus never married why would u assume that if He did it would be to a minor?

*hint* same person you asked d question is same person responding. Those who love banning have done their worst.

The average age of marriage at that time was 12 -16. He would have followed the normal Jewish tradition. Child marriage wasn't seen as anything wrong as such Jesus did not even touch on it because it wasn't a big deal.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by damogul: 11:40am On Jul 26, 2016
ifenes:

Childish rant indeed! You have no answer just say it. I know you know the Old Testament is sharia laws that's why you are backing out. To be a true follower of Yahweh you must keep all his commandment, including sexing under- aged girls.

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by ifenes(m): 11:43am On Jul 26, 2016
[quote author=damogul post=47900533][/quote]

Don't quote me next time, you have nothing to say

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by damogul: 11:44am On Jul 26, 2016
dalaman:

The average age of marriage at that time was 12 -16. He would have followed the normal Jewish tradition. Child marriage wasn't seen as anything wrong as such Jesus did not even touch on it because it wasn't a big deal.

He did not need to touch it in order to satisfy your likes.

Those who practice child marriages today are they Christians?

Like it or not He addressed it in a deeper manner by fixing the depraved reasoning in man through His spirit so we don't just talk against it but live our lives against it.

If you are not convinced, I am!
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 26, 2016
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by damogul: 11:47am On Jul 26, 2016
ifenes:

Don't quote me next time, you have nothing to say

grin na me do you?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by kilo4sure: 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2016
dalaman:

Jesus hardly gave any law, he rather loved teaching, most of his teachings surprisingly unlike those of any other rabbi in those days were stories that applied to the people and their present environment, the readers who have the spirit of christ could then interpret the stories and have a shift in paradigm, from there ethics are influenced generally. This is the christian style.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 26, 2016
babajeje123:

You don't believe God exists. Do you
No I Don't But U Do So Answer The Question Cause This Is Base On U Believing In That Ridiculous Book Isn't It Silly??

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by damogul: 12:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
kilo4sure:

Jesus hardly gave any law, he rather loved teaching, most of his teachings surprisingly unlike those of any other rabbi in those days were stories that applied to the people and their present environment, the readers who have the spirit of christ could then interpret the stories and have a shift in paradigm, from there ethics are influenced generally. This is the christian style.

Atheists just don't get it.

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by kilo4sure: 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
damogul:

Atheists just don't get it.
Lol, l wonder why they also think this way. Muslims generally are usually the ones who bring up such arguments to justify the acts of Muhammed, but l fail to see what the atheists want to achieve with this.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Please, I need answers from: Winner01 , Richirich713, naijadeyhia scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2, Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 , InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia , Jeromejnr, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, Tellemall, Ishilove, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, KingEbukaNaija

Monitoring how things will turn out are: Plaetton , Johnydon22 ilovetheline, JackBizzle, Kay17, AgentOfAllah, Ayomikun37 , hahn , sonOfLucifer , frank317 muskeeto , Decker , PastorAIO , ValentineMary , Pyrrho , braithwaite , dragonEmperor , theoneJabulani , lepasharon , cloudgoddess , ifenes , brigance , stephenmorris , thehomer , dalaman , Ranchhoddas , weah96 , CAPSLOCKED , lilbrown007 , Elohim1

Why do you ask me? I am not a Christian. I am a Muslim.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2016
Farmerforlife:

Why do you ask me? I am not a Christian. I am a Muslim.

Sorry bro

My apologies

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
damogul:

Again I say this, man was made for the law and not the law for man. There would be no law if man did not first exist. Capice?

I would raise my kid on my personal values and not on what society feels or the law says. If my values compliment some aspects of the law then its kudos to that law.

This is why dysfunctional families produce dysfunctional kids or kids to parents who smoke are likely to do same.

Values are inherent first before being seen while laws are seen but not necessarily inherent as a lot of people can pretend in the face of d law but remove the law and their true selves showforth like in the case of weah96 who said with or without the law he is corrupt already.

So you're saying your personal values determines this? Your basis is personal

Yet when you guys open threads on insest and bestiality and some atheists say their personal value is against it, you guys never accepted the answer but kept on saying its not enough basis

Here you are saying the same thing

Sounds like hypocrisy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by damogul: 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Yet when you guys open threads on insest and bestiality and some atheists say their personal value is against it, you guys never accepted the answer but kept on saying its not enough basis

Sounds like hypocrisy

Again you answer without first understanding!

My personal values have a foundation and that foundation is Christ! The society or law cannot over rule what the spirit of Christ in me declares.

My foundation is firm and rooted in Righteousness but what are yours rooted in?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by flamingREED(m): 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
stephendamsoho:
Interesting question

I never saw god or Jesus condemn any of these in the Bible

I'm here to learn anyway, there might be parts of the bible I missed

Learn from conscience:

Romans 2
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink

Does your conscience approve of it?

Learn from nature:
1 Corinthians 11
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
Romans 1
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

You can understand how God is or wants you to live by observing nature- the things that are made_

Nature sums up anatomy and working of all things_

Is underrage marriage a distortion of nature?
Does it harm nature in any way?
Yes, in a way:

Learn from science/human understanding which proceeds from God:

Daniel 1
17 As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.
Job 32
8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
Job 28
12 But where shall wisdom be found? and where is the place of understanding?
23 God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof.
27 Then did he see it, and declare it; he prepared it, yea, and searched it out.

God is much in favor of science and learning.

Now, does science negate for support underage marriage in anyway?

Even so does God stand against it_

That's it's not in the Bible does not mean God's speechless_

He's loaded man with wit enough by which humans also should both prove themselves and be grateful that He made a valuable creation'
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
damogul:

Again you answer without first understanding!

My personal values have a foundation and that foundation is Christ! The society or law cannot over rule what the spirit of Christ in me declares.

My foundation is firm and rooted in Righteousness but what are yours rooted in?
Christ never condemned it

This is very simple, so unless you said Christ condemned it personally to you and only you, then all good

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by flamingREED(m): 1:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Sounds like hypocrisy

The Christian God created men and gave them brains efficient enough to know right and wrong_

And it's not out of godliness if you:

Learn from conscience:

Romans 2
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink

Learn from nature:
1 Corinthians 11
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
Romans 1
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

You can understand how God is or wants you to live by observing nature- the things that are made_

Yes, in a way:

Daniel 1
17 As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.
Job 32
8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
Job 28
27 Then did he see it, and declare it; he prepared it, yea, and searched it out.

He's loaded man with wit enough by which humans also should both prove and be grateful that He made a valuable creation'

God's Swordsman_
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 1:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
damogul:

Wouldnt you have done same if I had made such a demeaning blunder? Your Admittance of wrong just further buttressed my observation about you....thats all.

And you my good sir decided to answer it 2x? grin
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by damogul: 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

This is very simple, so unless you said Christ condemned it personally to you and only you, then all good

Why do you find it hard to understand the simplest of things? This is your thread but you do not even understand anything in it and from it. Backtrack on this thread and see where I akready addressed this and kilo4sure also addressed this.
Learn to grasp stuff quickly and in a snap...tic tic tic like that. You are not !

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
flamingREED:

The Christian God created men and gave them brains efficient enough to know right and wrong_

And it's not out of godliness if you:

Learn from conscience:

Romans 2

Oga this is very simple, conscience is most times determined by societal laws

So long Society is not against it, some people's conscience might not be against it

And then I usually use the conscience argument when asked about bestiality and insest which your brothers never found valid enough

Learn from nature:
1 Corinthians 11
Romans 1

Yes, in a way:

Daniel 1
Job 32
Job 28

He's loaded man with wit enough by which humans also should both prove and be grateful that He made a valuable creation'

God's Swordsman_

These don't address it

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
damogul:

Why do you find it hard to understand the simplest of things? This is your thread but you do not even understand anything in it and from it. Backtrack on this thread and see where I akready addressed this and kilo4sure also addressed this.
Learn to grasp stuff quickly and in a snap...tic tic tic like that. You are not !

Learn to be coherent or upgrade your thinking a bit, you might like it

It was NEVER addressed

If your god addressed adultery and fornication which are brought about by sex at the time in different bible verses. Why then is the bible silent on this issue?

Was there no one at that time regarded to have involved himself in child marriage?

Almost all vices possible at that time were well addressed by your book

Why the silence on certain matters? Think and stop this rigmarole of yours

And stop quoting out of context parts of the bible to suit your argument, its dishonest and Pathetic

Even scholars regard Mary to be underage (by today's standards) when he married Joseph

4 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 1:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
KingEbuka has given a honest reply and left

Give society its due

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by kilo4sure: 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Christ never came to dictate for us, he came to challenge our thinking about God and righteousness. For example it is still a surprise to historians today that the average Roman of ancient times saw nothing wrong in gladiatorial sports, it was fun, and a way to enjoy themselves the way we gather to enjoy football, the film Spartacus depicts this. When the Romans became Christians, a monk put an end to these practices, it did not just go down well with the spirit of Christianity. Probably other christian Romans in those days would argue like you that Christ did not condemn it. Also some Christians argued that Christ did not condemn slavery, but some Christians had always argued that it was at odd with the spirit of Christ, (google popes and slavery). Christ never condemned them. Note that no society ever condemned slavery including the atheists. The Christians led primarily by William Wilberforce and evangelist John Wesley condemned slavery even though other Christians argued. Be it in the bible or not, they knew that some things were at odds with the general teachings of Christ and their conscience.
Now if it was an atheistic society, some atheists would argue against your doctrine of moral evolution to condemn these practices, as long as slavery helps your society, there is no reason to condemn it. Afterall slaves built the pyramids of Egypt, they also helped greatly in some of the projects for their masters, allowing the free citizens reap from their labor. How would you have convinced your fellow atheists hopefullandlord, about the evil of slavery?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by flamingREED(m): 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Oga this is very simple, conscience is most times determined by societal laws

So long Society is not against it, some people's conscience might not be against it

And then I usually use the conscience argument when asked about bestiality and insest which your brothers never found valid enough

These don't address it

Conscience isn't determined by society;
It can only be affected by it.

And I thought you'd understand how I meant that God and science are on the same page in this argument.

Is it scientifically okay to lay a 12 year old maid?
Nah_
It's against science, nature and the common conscience, and therefore I learn that God is against it'

Lastly, to think that you as a Muslim called together atheists to behold this controversy is an indicator that you have a conscience society affects, not that God controls_
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Sorry bro

My apologies

No hard feelings, though I am mystified why anyone would think I was a Christian; of all the existing religious persuasions.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
flamingREED:

Conscience isn't determined by society;
It can only be affected by it.

And I thought you'd understand how I meant that God and science are on the same page in this argument.

Is it scientifically okay to lay a 12 year old maid?
Nah_
It's against science, nature and the common conscience, and therefore I learn that God is against it'

Lastly, to think that you as a Muslim called together atheists to behold this controversy is an indicator that you have a conscience society affects, not that God controls_

We are talking conscience and conscience alone

Granted its affected by it but we are still saying the same thing

Society may affect his conscience into marrying a 12 year old, since its not illegal

How then is it wrong? Don't bring science in pls

If your (enemy's) daughter that's 14 decides to marry a Muslim and the Muslim agrees to marry her, how do you use the bible to convince him to wait? Since society allows it and the bible didn't directly antagonise it? Would you be quoting all the verses of yours? Do they sound convincing enough to you?

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by JackBizzle: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
KingEbuka has given a [size=16pt]dodgy[/size] reply and [size=16pt]ran away[/size] left

Give society its due

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by damogul: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Learn to be coherent or upgrade your thinking a bit, you might like it

It was NEVER addressed

If your god addressed adultery and fornication which are brought about by sex at the time in different bible verses. Why then is the bible silent on this issue?

Was there no one at that time regarded to have involved himself in child marriage?

Almost all vices possible at that time were well addressed by your book

Why the silence on certain matters? Think and stop this rigmarole of yours

And stop quoting out of context parts of the bible to suit your argument, its dishonest and Pathetic

Before I answer your question I need you to answer this personal question. .. is child marriage a wicked thing to you or a kind thing or a noble thing?
Answer me this and I promise to follow through with the answer to ur question.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
damogul:

Before I answer your question I need you to answer this personal question. .. is child marriage a wicked thing to you or a kind thing or a noble thing?
Answer me this and I promise to follow through with the answer to ur question.

Good to see that passive aggressive stance of yours loosen a bit

My conscience finds it wrong

But that's my conscience and I've always maintained that conscience and society determines what's right and wrong for me

YOU Christians claim bible is your source of morality and won't take conscience as a valid answer when given for bestiality and insest

Since that same book didn't condemn what we now call "child marriage" (mind you, what we call child marriage now is a lot different from those times, an 18 year old should not be in her father's house in those days) what makes it wrong? Like I said, if you say its a Personal thing, then all good, that's valid enough for me personally but since you didn't take that Personal explanation when tendered for bestiality and insest, it would be hypocrisy to tender it now

I need you to understand where I'm coming from

5 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by flamingREED(m): 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

We are talking conscience and conscience alone

Granted its affected by it but we are still saying the same thing

Society may affect his conscience into marrying a 12 year old, since its not illegal

How then is it wrong? Don't bring science in pls

If your (enemy's) daughter that's 14 decides to marry a Muslim and the Muslim agrees to marry her, how do you use the bible to convince him to wait? Since society allows it and the bible didn't directly antagonise it? Would you be quoting all the verses of yours? Do they sound convincing enough to you?

Alright_

Enjoy the life your god gave you without brains_

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Comes First With Most Christians In Africa / Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud / 20 Richest Pastors In The World Updated (with Seven Nigerians)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.