Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? (24921 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by No2Atheism(m): 12:54am On Sep 29, 2009
@IG

Unfortunately i am not talking about discrimination against Christian Arab that is for another thread . . . most probably on the religious thread . . . cus that horse has been flogged dead and buried.

I am a pan-africanist and pro-black, hence i don't swallow any arab propaganda or western propaganda, because i am also an avid student of history hence i know what both arabs and whites have done to africans going back as far back as thousands of years.

Unfortunately, i have to lump in islam together with arab racism and subjugation of blacks becuase i have seen throughout history that arabs have used islam as a brainwashing tool to colonise people, brainwash them so much so that sincerely naive people end up even betraying their own people and tribes under the guise of islam.

I know islam is a false religion cus i have studied about it. I have researched it.

Europeans have basically done the same thing with Christianity . . . (another topic for another thread) . . . hence i don't support europeans either .
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 4:52am On Sep 29, 2009
By the way Tpia, who are the Shuwa Arabs where do they come from and how do they relate to the middle east . . . .

I dont know much about them besides the fact that they're from Borno and Chad and are considered Arabs.

They migrated from somewhere either in Sudan, north Africa or the middle east ( possibly Yemen or Oman,imo though I could be wrong)and sometimes have large, melting eyes.

They're also considered very good looking in general. They keep to themselves a lot however, so there arent too many ways of verifying the myth grin

I've seen some pictures of people who I thought were Indian but was later told they're most likely Shuwa Arabs.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by domack99(m): 10:13am On Sep 29, 2009
I don't think you guys have ever been to the north b4, the two writtens on the notes are English and transiliteration and sinserely most northerners do not understand them.A lot of them can not read Engkish and can read Arabic.
I think re printing arabic on those note will go a long way in communicating to them. so stop been sentimental about this issue, the notes will be cheaper, saves money for the economy and less rough handle by nigerians and if reprinted in Arabic will communicate to all
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by illusion2: 2:24pm On Sep 29, 2009
domack99:

I don't think you guys have ever been to the north b4, the two writtens on the notes are English and transiliteration and sinserely most northerners do not understand them.A lot of them can not read Engkish and can read Arabic.
I think re printing arabic on those note will go a long way in communicating to them. so stop been sentimental about this issue, the notes will be cheaper, saves money for the economy and less rough handle by nigerians and if reprinted in Arabic will communicate to all
Doesn't make sense this is 2009,most people should be able to read & write in latin(not English) characters. . . . . . . . .  , 

[center]I was just shocked to read that the motto of the NIGERIAN ARMY is 'Victory From Allah'  angry !

My God ! This guys have screwed us all up !!  shocked shocked

How can ?!
[/center]
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2009
Sanusi dares not try that Arabic nonsense. He knows me now, he knows what i will do to him, Arabic ko, Araba ni angry
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 5:24pm On Sep 29, 2009
illusion2:

Doesn't make sense this is 2009,most people should be able to read & write in latin(not English) characters. . . . . . . . . ,

[center]I was just shocked to read that the motto of the NIGERIAN ARMY is 'Victory From Allah' angry !

My God ! This guys have screwed us all up !! shocked shocked

How can ?!
[/center]

Exactly!
They creep on you in tiny steps. Each time with one lame excuse or the other, before you know it, they dominate you 100%. It's got to stop.
Imagine the excuse, that most can't read the notes (but can conveniently read Arabic). Illiterate Southerners seem to cope quite well, afterall, the notes are in different colours, sizes etc. The blind also seem to do quite well.

The question therefore is; is there something so special about Northern Nigerians (even almajiri's) that they feel it is a God given right to lord it over the country? The answer to that question will resolve 90% of Nigeria's problems and all coordinated "religious" massacres by almajiri's (who we've been told, can read Arabic).
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by IG: 8:04pm On Sep 29, 2009
@No2Atheism, since you are pan-Africanist and Black then I think where we differ is in the fact that you hate me, cos I am a Muslim. But I am a pan-Africanist and pro-black but unlike you I do not hate people just because we don't share the same faith, skin color or continent. The following quote is a long one and is targeted for the black man in you. Please be patient and read through it.

A True Description of the Prophet Mohamed’s Family (SAWS) – Tariq Berry
Tariq Berry is a Black Arab whose origins lie in the Gulf of Arabia.  Rasta livewire supports Tariq Berry and all the great work he is doing to give voice to the existence and struggles of the original Black Arabs of Arabia who are indeed the true and classical Arabs.  Below you will find another masterpiece from Tariq Berry:

The term Sharif (nobleman) or Sayyid is used to describe a descendant of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) through his daughter Fatima (RAA). They are descendants of Al Hasan and Al Husein- the two sons of Ali ibn Abi Talib (RAA) and Fatima the daughter of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS). The Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) and Ali ibn Abi Talib (RAA) are from the Bani Hashim branch of the tribe of Quraish. They are the noblest of the Arabs. The Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) and Ali ibn Abi Talib (RAA) were first cousins. Ali’s father, Abi Talib, was the brother of the Prophet’s (SAWS) father. Once it has been established that the Bani Hashim were a black-skinned people, there should be no need to prove that the pure Arabs of the past were, in general, a black-skinned people.

In discussing the appearance of the Sharifs, I believe that it is appropriate for me to begin with the father of the Sharifs- Ali ibn Abi Talib (RAA). In his book Tarikh Al-Khulafaa (The History of the Caliphs), Imam Al-Suyuti described Ali ibn Abi Talib as follows:See quotation at Savethetruearabs

Ali was a heavyset, bald, hairy man of average height which leaned toward shortness. He had a large stomach and a large beard which filled all that was between his shoulders. His beard was white as if it was cotton and he was a black-skinned man.

There are certain names that we usually hear when the Sharifs or Sayyids – the family of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) are mentioned. We have all probably heard of Ali Zein Al-Abidin the son of Al-Husein the son of Ali the son of Abu Talib. Though his mother was Persian, he is described as dark-skinned. Where did he get his dark complexion from? From his father’s side of the family, of course. This Ali Zein Al-Abidin the son of Al-Husein the son of Ali the son of Abu Talib married Fatima the daughter of Al-Hasan the son of Ali the son of Abi Talib.

Mohamed Al-Baqir- another name we hear when there is mention of the Sharifs, the family of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) – was the eldest son of Ali Zein Al-Abidin and Fatima the daughter of Al-Hasan. He was nicknamed “He Who Resembles” because he looked so much like the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS). He was described as dark-skinned, kinky-haired, and of average height. Mohamed Al-Baqir married Umm Farwa, the great granddaughter of Abu Bakr Al-Saddiq and they had Jaafar Al-Saadiq. Jaafar Al-Saadiq is another name frequently heard when speaking of the family of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS). He was described as black-skinned, kinky-haired, and average height.

Jaafar Al-Saadiq had a Berber slave-girl named Humaida and through her he had his son Musa Al-Kadhim – another well-known member of the family of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) whom many Sharifs claim descent from. Musa Al-Kadhim was described as very black-skinned.

Musa Al-Kadhim’s son Ali Al-Rida is another well-known member of the family of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) whom many Sharifs claim descent from. He, too, was described as black-skinned. He was once standing in a bathhouse when a soldier entered and pushed him to the side and said, “Pour water on my head oh black one!” Ali Al-Rida began to pour water for the soldier and then someone who knew who Ali Al-Rida was entered the bathhouse and when he saw what was happening he shouted, “Oh soldier! Woe to you! Do you dare have the son of the daughter of the Messenger of Allah (SAWS) serve you?!” The soldier quickly began to kiss the feet of Ali Al-Rida and said, “Why didn’t you disobey me when I ordered you?!”

Ali Al-Rida had a son named Mohamed Al-Jawaad also known as Mohamed Al-Taqi. Mohamed Al-Jawaad was also described as very black-skinned. Mohamed Al-Jawaad or Al-Taqi had a son named Ali Al-Hadi. Ali Al-Hadi, too, was described as dark-skinned.

The chart below was taken from this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayyid. Take a look at the link and the chart to get an even better idea of how the dark-skinned members of the Prophet Mohamed’s family that I have just mentioned are the noble ancestors of those called Sharifs or Sayyids today. Click here for chartChart

You have all probably heard of Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia. He is Mohamed the son of Abdella the Pure-Blooded the son of Al-Hasan the son of Al-Hasan the son of Ali the son of Abi Talib. Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia was nicknamed the Pure-Blooded of Quraish because he was so unmixed. His father Abdella was also nicknamed the Pure-Blooded. Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia was from the Bani Hashim clan of Quraish from both his mother and his father. Remember that Bani Hashim is the clan of Quraish that the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) and Ali (RAA) are from. Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia was described as very black-skinned and huge. He had a son named Hasan. His son Hasan was nicknamed The Father of the Tar because he was so black-skinned. This is the description of the pure-blooded descendants of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS). Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia wrote a letter to the Abbasid ruler complaining to him that he had more right to be the ruler because he was so closely related to the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS). Amongst the things he said in his letter to the Abbasid ruler was, “We are in the right…Our father Ali was the Imam (leader). How did you inherit the rule which belongs to the children of Ali?! You know that no one who seeks this position (ruler) has a purer genealogy than I do or is more highborn than I am…You know that no one has as close relations or relations to anyone better than he whom I am very closely related to (He means the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS)). I am from the best of Banu Hashim in genealogy and the noblest of them both paternally and maternally. No non-Arab blood runs through my veins and I am not related to the slave-girls.” Bear in mind that Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia, who is here talking about how pure his Arab blood is and how closely he is related to the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS), was very black-skinned.

Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia had a brother named Musa Al-Jawn (the Black). Musa Al-Jawn was also very black-skinned. He was nicknamed Al-Jawn (the Black) because of his blackness. The Sharifs called Banu Al-Akhaidar, who are found in Oman, Saudi Arabia, and other places, are descended from Musa Al-Jawn.

Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia and Musa Al-Jawn had another brother named Yahya the Possessor of Daylum. Yahya, too, was described as black-skinned. Mohamed Al-Nafs Al-Zakia, Musa Al-Jawn and Yahya the Possessor of Daylum were all the brothers of Idriss the 1st, the father of the Idrissi Sharifs and the founder of the city of Fes in Morocco.

Nineth century poet Abu Al-Hasan Ali ibn Al-Abbas ibn Jurayj, known as Ibn Al-Rumi, wrote a long poem to the Abbasids blaming them for the way that they treated the family of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS). It should be understood that at that time, the Abbasids had become very mixed with the Romans, Greeks, and Persians. Here is part of what Ibn Al-Rumi said in his famous poem called Al-Jeemia:

“You insulted them (the family of the Prophet Mohamed) because of their blackness while there are still pure-blooded black-skinned Arabs. However, you are blue (eyed) – the Romans have embellished your faces with their color.”
There you have it. These are the ancestors of the Sharifs or the Sayyids – the family of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) and as you have seen, they were all dark-skinned people. The question that remains to be answered is this – why aren’t the masses aware of this fact?

So, how far have you gone in researching about Arabs and Islam ?
Can we start talking now and keep the hatred aside?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by illusion2: 9:44pm On Sep 29, 2009
IG,walahi,so far you're the only northerner wey de make some sense here, . . . .,but tell me why would someone make the NIGERIAN ARMY motto as 'Victory From Allah',why? ONE NIGERIA !!! angry angry undecided

The Army is NIGERIAN Army,not Usman Dan Fodio Brigade or Imperial Army of the Sokoto Caliphate . . . . . . . .

Please help me explain this one? undecided

Like someone said,illiterates(unable to read or write) use currency world over,cos of unique size,colour etc,so why must the contentious 'ajami' or arabic text be on 'ONE NIGERIA's' currency ?! sad

I await your response cry cry
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 10:03pm On Sep 29, 2009
IG,walahi,so far you're the only northerner wey de make some sense here

Na, that goes to gadogado by a very long shot.

IG is smart, but is emotionally attached to certain points (even against reason) like Mazaje.
Ndu_Chucks is not at all smart.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by nduchucks: 10:05pm On Sep 29, 2009
make una stop these misinformation na. the motto of the great nigerian army na "Victory is from God alone" shikena! wettin wrong with dat? if una see de motto for any English language document.  if una get evidence otherwise make una provide am.  

de only homework wey I go give una na to find out de origin of de motto.

@Beaf = Albert PrimarySchool Einstein smiley
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by illusion2: 10:31pm On Sep 29, 2009
ndu_chucks:

make una stop these misinformation na. the motto of the great nigerian army na "Victory is from God alone" shikena! wettin wrong with dat? if una see de motto for any English language document. if una get evidence otherwise make una provide am.
de only homework wey I go give una na to find out de origin of de motto.
@Beaf = Albert PrimarySchool Einstein smiley
Looking at the logo,it was originally written in Arabic (or 'Ajami' tongue ) & the transliteration is definitely 'Allah' & not God !

Na wa o,this people don de screw us tey,tey ,thank God eye don de open ! angry angry

Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by nduchucks: 12:02am On Sep 30, 2009
illusion2:

Looking at the logo,it was originally written in Arabic (or 'Ajami' tongue ) & the transliteration is definitely 'Allah' & not God !

Na wa o,this people don de screw us tey,tey ,thank God eye don de open ! angry angry

I don get ya point now. the motto "Victory is from God alone" no be the ting wey dey objectionable to you, na de fact say dem inscribe the logo in ajami wey you no like. you for say dat initially, instead of wasting our time na.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by IG: 12:56am On Sep 30, 2009
illusion2:

IG,walahi,so far you're the only northerner wey de make some sense here,  . . .  .,but tell me why would someone make the NIGERIAN ARMY motto as 'Victory From Allah',why? ONE NIGERIA !!!  angry angry  undecided

The Army is NIGERIAN Army,not Usman Dan Fodio Brigade or  Imperial Army of the  Sokoto Caliphate . . . . . . . . 

Please help me explain this one?  undecided

Thanks for the compliment but I think it came at the expense of other Northerners that contributed. Personally I think gadogado made some good contributions.
About the army, well it used to be the Royal Nigerian Army under British colonial rule. I do not know why they made that the motto. Maybe it's because of the Hausa making the bulk of the army then.
Talking about the caliphate, it's important to note that Sokoto caliphate didn't cover the whole North and doesn't represent the North like some southerners think.

illusion2:

Like someone said,illiterates(unable to read or write) use currency world over,cos of unique size,colour etc,so why must the contentious 'ajami' or arabic text be on 'ONE NIGERIA's' currency ?!  sad

I await your response  cry cry
Like I said in my first post in this thread, I am for the Ajami because of it's cultural importance to the North. It doesn't matter to me if the Igbo and Yoruba on the notes will be written in non-english scripts. It's the Igbos' and Yorubas' choice. Many people are afraid of the Ajami script because they think it's Arabic and therefore islamic and I tried to explain that Arabic and Islam are not the same.
I think Nigeria changed it's currency from pound to Naira during Yakubu Gowon's time. So the Ajami scripts were approved by Gowon who is a christian. That brought us back to the cultural and not religious significance of the Ajami script.

The word Allah is what is used to refer to God in Hausa, the Arabic bible used by the christian Arabs also refer to God as Allah. So @No2Atheism, Allah is not a false moon-god as you claimed but the God also worshipped by christian Arabs.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 1:01am On Sep 30, 2009
^
Like I said, if they put that Arabic back; things will burn. We will not accept any sort of internal colonisation, its gone on long enough. Even the blind can tell the notes apart, so mess the almajiri's.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by IG: 1:28am On Sep 30, 2009
I cannot dig out their names right now but the first and second Nigerian graduates of Arabic and Islamic studies were neither Muslims nor Northerners.
Sooo, Were they also stooges? grin

illusion2:

IG,walahi,so far you're the only ---

@illusion2, That word in bold was borrowed from Arabic and means "I swear by Allah". It's like eye still neva open my friend grin grin.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 2:08am On Sep 30, 2009
these guys, you make me laugh, i have figured out that the only reason you are attacking northerners and claiming theres is a northern agenda of domination of the country is simply coz yar'adua is the president, as soon as he leaves, and the power rotation moves back to the south, you guys will stop talking about "northern agenda" in other words, you guys are simply competing for power which is healthy in a democracy especially in multi cultural societies like nigeria.

Dont worry, the power will come back to you eventually, north-south rotation of power will not be jeopardized in 4th republic nigeria, people are too politically aware for the north to dominate the country, so you guys should just wait your turn. what bothers me a little though is that unlike america where you have people competing for power based on ideological grounds (conservative and liberal) nigerians compete for power on the basis of region,religion and tribe (north and south) and those things are dangerous because they appeal to the passions and sentiments of people on a deeper level. personally, i would love to campaign for raji fashola after yar'adua's term runs out, fashola for president, or any other progressive!!yar'adua is a classical conservative elite and aristocrat, he believes in a rigid class structure of aristocrats and peasants or nowadays, elite and commoners.islam and christianity are not that different and they both come from the same region (middle east) the fundamentals of both religions are just about identical and the same God is worshiped (the God of Abraham and Isaac) so i believe you guys are merely politicizing something so trivial and petty lime arabic on the naira, does arabic on the naira change your religion? if you want to be broad minded then im sure you'll draw a conclusion that the religions are by and large the same and the same God is worshipped and if you disrespect islam then you automatically discredit and disrespect christianity, most of the Bible stories are found in the Quran.so why not be open minded and accepting instead of ignorant and petty??i guess thats the nigerian way.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 3:15am On Sep 30, 2009
@gadogado
You are a Northerner so you don't feel it; it has nothing to do with power rotation. The South does not compete as a block like Arewa.
Since you've brought up religion in your argument, what would you say to Hebrew text on the Naira?
Read what Reuben Abati had to say on the same issue.

Is-haq Akintola's Silly Comment

Ishaq Akintola writes a column for the Nigerian Compass titled Dawah and he runs a Muslim Rights Centre under whose platform he has made some interesting contributions to the Nigerian conversation. But his Friday, July 17 column titled "Put Arabic back on Naira notes" is irresponsible. He deplores the removal of Arabic inscriptions from the new national currency (N5, N10, N20, N50) by the Obasanjo administration in 2007, and argues that "it was a provocative, politically naive and parochial step".

He asks: "The question is what is wrong if Arabic is on the Naira? Is English not there? The Arabic on the Naira symbolizes the existence of Muslims in the country while the English on the Naira represents the Christian population. To remove the Arabic unceremoniously is to tell the Muslims that they do not belong." He wants the Arabic inscriptions restored. Wrong. Absolutely wrong and mischievous.

The English langauge is certainly not synonymous with Christianity. It is spoken, for example, in Pakistan, Malaysia, India etc. But it is Nigeria's official language owing to our colonial history. Nigeria has no state religion. But Akintola insists that the step is "designed to implement a Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) agenda". The introduction of Northern Nigerian and Muslim-Arabic emblems and symbols into the paraphenalia of Nigerian nationhood (the coat of arms, the national flag, the emblem of the Nigerian army) was part of the Northern and Islamic hegemonisation project of the military elite. Reversing those violations of the national spirit is in order. And Dr. Akintola's threat that certain "measures will be explored at the appropriate time if the Yar'çdua-Sanusi duo fails to reprint those denominations with their traditional Arabic graphics" is what I call silly,  Salam Alaykum.

First published on July 19, 2009

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/editorial_opinion/article03/indexn2_html?pdate=070809&ptitle=What%20if%20Arabic%20is%20inscribed%20on%20Naira
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by illusion2: 10:05am On Sep 30, 2009
gadogado:

these guys, you make me laugh, i have figured out that the only reason you are attacking northerners and claiming theres is a northern agenda of domination of the country is simply coz yar'adua is the president, as soon as he leaves, and the power rotation moves back to the south, you guys will stop talking about "northern agenda" in other words, you guys are simply competing for power which is healthy in a democracy especially in multi cultural societies like nigeria.
gado,im in the least interested in where the President is from,Im more interested in the northerners getting educated,so that every Friday isn't turned into a nightmare for southerners who believe in ONE NIGERIA &decide to live in the North(I missed death by whiskers in the Kaduna riots of Feb 2000,so i know what im saying). I am interested in politics of ISSUES & dats why i currently don't associate with any political party.
IG:

@illusion2, That word in bold was borrowed from Arabic and means "I swear by Allah". It's like eye still neva open my friend grin grin.
I know its arabic. . . . . Ii live in the Gulf & I have absolutely nothing against any tribe or muslims. . .Im just concerned with the hypocrisy in Nigerian muslims approach their religion,its a different ball game here. .  , they respect you and live their lives ,  . . .
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 10:24pm On Sep 30, 2009
All traces of Arabic are off the Naira.

--Puts down petrol bomb, kicks an almajiri in the butt--
grin

Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Onlytruth(m): 10:33pm On Sep 30, 2009
Beaf:

All traces of Arabic are off the Naira.

--Puts down petrol bomb, kicks an almajiri in the butt--
grin

grin grin grin
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by bibiking1(m): 10:37pm On Sep 30, 2009
wait, ,,,,,,,that signature looks like arabic!! grin grin grin grin
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by spoOne: 10:50pm On Sep 30, 2009
gadogado:

personally, i would love to campaign for raji fashola after yar'adua's term runs out, fashola for president, or any other progressive!!

Let’s start campaigning for the impeachment of Yar’Adua now – he’s lame and ineffective. This way we don’t have to wait until Yar’Adua’s term runs out,
before getting Fashola in there. BTW do you mean until his first or second term runs out?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2009
there is arabic on the naira, i can read that stuff, its there so its not off yet,and it wont be off!!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by illusion2: 11:59pm On Sep 30, 2009
gadogado:

there is arabic on the naira, i can read that stuff, its there so its not off yet,and it wont be off!!
Those are the old notes my friend. . .
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 3:49am On Oct 01, 2009
illusion2:

Those are the old notes my friend. . .

so i guess you feel like you've won something, you're victorious right?i dont see anything wrong with arabic on the naira and i dont mind if theres no arabic on the naira,i dont think most average northerners care either way!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by JomoGbomo2(m): 5:17am On Oct 01, 2009
, Misplacement of priorities!!!!!!!!!!!,
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by illusion2: 8:45am On Oct 01, 2009
gadogado:

so i guess you feel like you've won something, you're victorious right?i dont see anything wrong with arabic on the naira and i dont mind if theres no arabic on the naira,i dont think most average northerners care either way!
I haven't 'won' anything. . . . .it just common sense,reasons extensively discussed above wink
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by sheriffman(m): 11:16am On Oct 01, 2009
Today is first of October,just a day after the new naira notes were released,I have just had my first feel of the 50 naira note on ploymer and having done a thorough look at the note,I fail to find any writing on it in Arabic.

So fellow NLs wat was all the fuss about?

@ poster i remembered I didn't like the topic of your post cos it was obvious you didn't read the papers then and didn't even listen to the CBN briefings.

But you can be forgiven if you say that Sanusi wants his name and signature on a Nigerian currency.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by pcicero(m): 1:42pm On Oct 01, 2009
At last, So Sanusi didn't put Arabic? He must have been warned.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by kuramo: 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2009
If Sanusi did not re-introduce Arabic text in the new Naira notes,  the rational for discussing this thread is now irrelevant.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by nduchucks: 2:34pm On Oct 01, 2009
kuramo:

If Sanusi did not re-introduce Arabic text in the new Naira notes, this rational for the discussing this thread is now irrelevant.

The rationale for this thread was not based on sound logic, but on tribalism and religious bigotry.

some of de posters blame fulani people for all naija problems. these posters dey too stupid to realize say na bad leadership at federal and state levels wey dey kill nigeria. de governors of all de states for niger delta, for example, no be fulani. na de kind mindset wey dey wound us for nigeria wey de thread starter get.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2009
shehu!! get out!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry is it a must that we should be one?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Mastercard Card Or Visa Card: Which Nigerian Banks Offer The Cheapest And Best / Earn N10,000 Daily With This POS At N15,500/device. Instant Transactions. / Complaints Mount As Enaira App Tops 100,000 Downloads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.