Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? (24919 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 20, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

Someone comes and starts a fallacy of a post and like  joke Nairalanders use it as a catalyst for mudslinging.

@ OP. I want to bet you 10,000 =N= that Arabic will not be on the new polymer notes.
Put your money where your mouth is or shutup.

that,s how somebody told you, they will kill you all, in jos you did not believe, what happened? now, you or somebody you know is a refugee today. tell me where i go come collect the 10k, but not in jos pls because i know it will still go up in flames.
holymike47:

Sometimes we overlook something. I just took a very close look at all our higher denominations from #100 to #1000, they all have ARABIC inscription. so what are we actually arguing? if i step on anyones toes, i am trully sorry!!
dat,s because the arabic was going to be gradually phased out, they started from the smaller bills.
any body who cannot take the advantage of understanding english after 50 years of fraudulent one nigeria, with the collosal waste of the country,s money on their education, should go jump of a cliff. talking about arabic, of what use has it been, if you are still educational disadvantaged. must you always be helped!!! " it is for the people who cannot understand english but arabic" is this the 14th century go ask rwanda they just change their national language from french to english because it is more beneficial today, a forward looking people. make una sit down there dey talk arabic, shameless people. lets wait and see, sanusi will not supprise me.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by layzie: 1:39pm On Sep 20, 2009
methinks someone wants to make some quick dough shikina,   grin
i remember Soludo said it cost N16 to make one N20 note dats y he had to make the 5, 10 and 50 notes in paper form.

Wats Mr. SANUSI cut in this contract to print new notes  ,  come to think of it, nobody has mentioned the actual cost of all these lipsrsealed
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by nduchucks: 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2009
holymike47:

Sometimes we overlook something. I just took a very close look at all our higher denominations from #100 to #1000, they all have ARABIC inscription. so what are we actually arguing? if i step on anyones toes, i am trully sorry!!

apologies accepted, you be voice of reason, unlike some of de posters here. many of dem just dey look for any opportunity to bash any tribe but their own. na yansh dem dey take tink, no be brain.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 20, 2009
This is Unimaginable!!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by emekagh(m): 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2009
I have stopped caring about the arabic inscriptions on the note. what is important now is that the notes be durable. That will safe tax-payer's money like mine!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by CarlosVent(m): 3:54pm On Sep 20, 2009
If they try print anything Arabic Thunder will strike them down.

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by illusion2: 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2009
gadogado:

@allLet me first start by deconstructing your logic and proving to you that this "arabic" on the naira is something that you should keep quiet about, why the fuss in the first place.
look,
1. the weekend in nigeria is saturday and sunday
2. sunday is the holy day for christians and their day of worship
3. this was inherited or borrowed from the british colonialists who were christians and successfully converted a large portion of people to christianity
4. in the middle east where there are predominantly muslim populations, thursdays and fridays are the weekend to enable muslims prepare for our holy day of friday.
5. nigeria has a majority muslim population, yet the weekend does not reflect the majority religion and their day of worship unlike countries like egypt who have majority muslim population with a substantial christian population where the weekend is still thursday and friday.
6. in lebanon where there is a 50-50 ratio between the muslim and christian populations, the weekends are fridays and sundays unlike nigeria where the weekend is saturday and sunday albeit nigeria's muslim majority
7.do you see or hear any muslims complaining? that the national weekend is favorable to one religion, why do i have to go to work on my holy day while  the christian gets to relax, is that fair?
gado, your profile says ‘intelligensia’ but you need to proffer intelligent  points. I LIVE in the middle east & what u have said isn’t entirely correct- In Saudi weekend is Thursday &Friday. . .in other Gulf states its Friday& Saturday. . . in Lebanon its Friday & Sunday. . . in Egypt its Sat&Sunday(like Nigeria tho’ 70% muslim). . . so dnt make this a religious issue. Labour laws ,depending on the country determine how many hours people work in a week. . .if we go by your arguments, then we can follow the Lebanese example & work on Sat.
If u ask people what would they rather have Arabic on NIGERIAN currency or exchange Friday for Saturday work,they’ll choose the later. We are Nigerians not Arabs. . .like I posted earlier ,Arabs don’t have HAUSA on their currency, so why Nigeria?. . .we always pretend we are holy,yet we’re d most corrupt !!!

gadogado:

8. this thing about arabic on the naira, if you give an arab 10 naira, he wont understand the arabic inscription on it because it is not in his language, hausas have been using arabic alphabets as a means of writing, communication and literacy for centuries, way before colonialists set foot in nigeria and converted our sourthern and some northern brothers to christianity, look up "ajami" this is hausa language in arabic borrowed alphabets, is there anything wrong in placing a symbol or northern culture  and literacy on the naira? are northerners not equally nigerians?
Please stop all these Muslim majority in Nigeria . . . . . Nigeria is 50-50 Muslim-christian or maybe a 5% differential. . . that isn’t a majority !

& stop talking about . . .people ‘converting’ your southern brothers. . .we all know how Usman Dan Fodio spread Islam. .  .I would prefer to be preached to than forced by the sword to convert anyway.
Do we need mutual understanding & respect among Nigeria’s tribes & religion. . . yes, but not by putting something not related to our country on OUR currency. . .
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by bisiaet: 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2009
Well it will be unfortunate again if this issue of arabic comes up in the new notes comes up again I dont belief this yet but if it comes that means the so called CBN governor is a "silly man" because I can't still understand the madness behind arabic issue in Nigeria is arabic any persons language or dialet in Nigeria? I think it is yet time for Nigeria as a whole to reason well especially those who think because of religion want to put themselves under arabic maniac it is unfair to our nation and to our own dialet because arabic is for the Mid-East not Nigeria.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by emekagh(m): 4:27pm On Sep 20, 2009
illusion2:

gado, your profile says ‘intelligensia’ but you need to proffer intelligent  points. I LIVE in the middle east & what u have said isn’t entirely correct- In Saudi weekend is Thursday &Friday. . .in other Gulf states its Friday& Saturday. . . in Lebanon its Friday & Sunday. . . in Egypt its Sat&Sunday(like Nigeria tho’ 70% muslim). . . so dnt make this a religious issue. Labour laws ,depending on the country determine how many hours people work in a week. . .if we go by your arguments, then we can follow the Lebanese example & work on Sat.
If u ask people what would they rather have Arabic on NIGERIAN currency or exchange Friday for Saturday work,they’ll choose the later. We are Nigerians not Arabs. . .like I posted earlier ,Arabs don’t have HAUSA on their currency, so why Nigeria?. . .we always pretend we are holy,yet we’re d most corrupt !!!
Please stop all these Muslim majority in Nigeria . . . . . Nigeria is 50-50 Muslim-christian or maybe a 5% differential. . . that isn’t a majority !

& stop talking about . . .people ‘converting’ your southern brothers. . .we all know how Usman Dan Fodio spread Islam. .  .I would prefer to be preached to than forced by the sword to convert anyway.
Do we need mutual understanding & respect among Nigeria’s tribes & religion. . . yes, but not by putting something not related to our country on OUR currency. . .

Gado has a point in what he wrote. And the labour law you refer to is as you call it 'law'. Law is made by the people for the people. If the people decides the want weekends on Friday and Sunday to reflect any religion reality who are we to stop them.

My point really is that we should dwell more on the things that unite us, rather than what divides us? What implication does the arabic symbols has on the the naira, other than show diversity?

For me, what is more important is that the Niara is durable, and taxpayers monies are saved. If they like let them add Japanese, Hebrew, Greek, Latin, etc. It does not stop anyone from spending it! Besides those who feel strongly about the symbolism can seek redress in the court or law.

The Arabs are people too! I'm sick of these Arabic symbolism argument.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by illusion2: 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2009
emeka_gh:

Gado has a point in what he wrote. And the labour law you refer to is as you call it 'law'. Law is made by the people for the people. If the people decides the want weekends on Friday and Sunday to reflect any religion reality who are we to stop them.
My point really is that we should dwell more on the things that unite us, rather than what divides us? What implication does the arabic symbols has on the the naira, other than show diversity?
For me, what is more important is that the Niara is durable, and taxpayers monies are saved. If they like let them add Japanese, Hebrew, Greek, Latin, etc. It does not stop anyone from spending it! Besides those who feel strongly about the symbolism can seek redress in the court or law.
The Arabs are people too! I'm sick of these Arabic symbolism argument.
Emeka,you have spoken well. . . I'm every bit a patriotic Nigerian & I believe in tolerance & mutual respect. Imagine just imagine,you were a citizen of Republic of Biafra& on your Biafran pounds you have Youruba or hausa written on your currency,

I understand the hausa in Arabic characters bit,but why didn't they put Yoruba & Igbo in the currency from the onset? Then we would have said. .  .okay the hausas can't read english alphabets so Yoruba & Igbo will be in 'English/latin characters),but all these years its been there ,now an intelligent man (Soludo) came in & said no . . . this is not right. . . this is ONE NIGERIA ,why would anybody insist on having Arabic after that?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by emekagh(m): 5:16pm On Sep 20, 2009
illusion2:

Emeka,you have spoken well. . . I'm every bit a patriotic Nigerian & I believe in tolerance & mutual respect. Imagine just imagine,you were a citizen of Republic of Biafra& on your Biafran pounds you have Yourunba or hausa written on your currency,

I understand the hausa in Arabic characters bit,but why didn't they put Yoruba & Igbo in the currency from the onset? Then we would have said. . .okay the hausas can't read english alphabets so Yoruba & Igbo will be in 'English/latin characters),but all these years its been there ,now an intelligent man (Soludo) came in & said no . . . this is not right. . . this is ONE NIGERIA ,why would anybody insist on having Arabic after that?

The initial argument put forward by the progenitor of Arabic symbol on the Naira was that Northern Nigeria has for long used Arabic as the language of instruction at the same time the South embraced English. While the south 'mastered' the english language, the north also excel in the study of arabic. It's not Nigeria's fault that the colonial masters amalgamated north and south. But the process created the need to for the Arabic symbol to be included in the 'original' naira.

I believe that sort of compensated for not changing the official language to Arabic or Hausa after independence. Going forward, if it is established that the majority in the North cannot read the english language then why not give them what they can read - Arabic. Does a little arabic inscription hurt anyone? I think not.

Let me twist my argument in another perspective. If the majority of the South are not literate enough to understand the Arabic language, then maybe the North should be kindhearted and tolerant enough to allow us (southerner) have english language 'inscribed' on the naira.

And I think I have answered the Biafrian question. If there is a large and significant population of a futuristic Biafran country whose primarily language of tutelage is Yoruba or Hausa, why should we disenfranchise them in our currency? Let them have the language inscription therein.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by phartye(m): 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2009
Oops! I know, One day, One day Go Surely Come! Wey The "TRUTH" Must Definately And Absolutely Overcome All Shapes Of: "CHOCOLATE-COATED LIES!" Oja wa ni yio shey!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:23pm On Sep 20, 2009
df2006:

that,s how somebody told you, they will kill you all, in jos you did not believe, what happened? now, you or somebody you know is a refugee today. tell me where i go come collect the 10k, but not in jos pls because i know it will still go up in flames.dat,s because the arabic was going to be gradually phased out, they started from the smaller bills.

Arguing with tangents and wallowing in ones ignorance is a terrible thing.
Please give me your e-mail. I am so serious about this bet!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by delvinmaya(m): 5:46pm On Sep 20, 2009
you all know what, the guy who started this thread made an assumption not that he had any facts to back his claim up and he said so himself,Seun saw through his trick and tried to correct that, yet trust Nigerians to make a mountain out of nothing.So of you have even started insulting and abusing yourself.You guys sicken me really you guys sicken me.has how a rumour started before the elections in 2007 that yar adua was dead and people accepted it.Am so sorry for this country if Nigerians on this web behave like this, a shame unto ourselves
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Hoteph(m): 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2009
Are we really progressing or regressing? may heaven help us, thats why many Nigerians young and old are leaving the country instead of living in the country, l wonder who will salvage us, No biblical Moses nor Joshua but Sanusi.

This is laughable but like every average Nija ma hopeful, Oga adimma.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by becomrich15: 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2009
Emeka, you are wrong the nigeria law does not allow for arabic but hausa, igbo and yorubas. And you would be shock. There are very few people in the north that speak arabic. Most of them do not understand arabic.  They speak hausa and write hausa, not arabic. i use to live in the north.

What they know of Arabic is only word in the quran, While when you compare to written and reading of hausa. most people in the north read and write hausa .  Itis hausa they teach in schools in the North, not arabic.

It is the issue of following due process. If they want to include it , they have to follow due process. Go to the national assembly and have them amend the law that say so. english, yorubas, hausa and igbo. This is what Nigeria law says. Nobody is saying you should not amend the law. They have to be willing to amend the law or they remove it.  and they are running away from constitution amendment. you see. somebody is about to be impreached. I hope sanusi would not put yar adua into trouble.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2009
delvinmaya:

you all know what, the guy who started this thread made an assumption not that he had any facts to back his claim up and he said so himself,Seun saw through his trick and tried to correct that, yet trust Nigerians to make a mountain out of nothing.So of you have even started insulting and abusing yourself.You guys sicken me really you guys sicken me.has how a rumour started before the elections in 2007 that yar adua was dead and people accepted it.Am so sorry for this country if Nigerians on this web behave like this, a shame unto ourselves

Open your eyes! Nigeria is ruled by rumuor.
Someone is testing the waters to see if they can smuggle in those fuc.ked inscriptions that make us seem like an Islamic country or slaves to Saudi Arabia.

Our armies motto is next; it says "Victory for Allah" and it is in Arabic also. How can those who produce almost nothing dictate to those who oil the wheels of the economy?

I will state it boldly, clearly and from the rooftops; if they try it, I will burn something down! And I will not be the only one.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by butter(m): 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2009
"The CBN governor said that the new polymer notes will not carry any naira sign, but will have the amount written in the three major languages in the country, Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba; adding that it will also have a reflexive coat of arms"

http://www.tribune.com.ng/19092009/news/news4.html

i don't think there's going to be any arabic inscriptions on the new notes going by what sanusu said from the above link.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by illusion2: 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2009
emeka_gh:

The initial argument put forward by the progenitor of Arabic symbol on the Naira was that Northern Nigeria has for long used Arabic as the language of instruction at the same time the South embraced English. While the south 'mastered' the english language, the north also excel in the study of arabic. It's not Nigeria's fault that the colonial masters amalgamated north and south. But the process created the need to for the Arabic symbol to be included in the 'original' naira.
I believe that sort of compensated for not changing the official language to Arabic or Hausa after independence. Going forward, if it is established that the majority in the North cannot read the english language then why not give them what they can read - Arabic. Does a little arabic inscription hurt anyone? I think not.
Let me twist my argument in another perspective. If the majority of the South are not literate enough to understand the Arabic language, then maybe the North should be kindhearted and tolerant enough to allow us (southerner) have english language 'inscribed' on the naira.
And I think I have answered the Biafrian question. If there is a large and significant population of a futuristic Biafran country whose primarily language of tutelage is Yoruba or Hausa, why should we disenfranchise them in our currency? Let them have the language inscription therein.
Emeka,your arguments aren’t entirely convincing. The official languages of Nigeria are English,Hausa,Igbo & Yoruba. Except English for obvious reasons . . .they should all be equal, if the currency was for Arewa Republic. . by all means that is fine. . . but its not, its for NIGERIA.
Now the point gado made about the Arabic alphabets-that made sense 40 years ago, not now. I studied hausa in Sec school & we were thought with the latin characters –daya,biu,uku.hudu,biyar,shida etc and that is the way people study in the North now. I’m studying Arabic now & I’m doing it with those same characters else it’ll take forever.
Bringing up 14th century excuses(by gado) for 21st century issues may be misguided. Lets forget Lord Lugard & move forward.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by samnaija: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2009
trust does brainless retards in govt, instead of bringing out policies that can benefit our country, they go around wearin bed sheets and inscribbing arabic everywhere all in the name to be embraced as an arab. typical inferiority complex at its maximum, put igbo, yoruba or hausa, save us 4Rm us from those chicken scratch abeg,
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by lawrence83: 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2009
na only arabic den wan add?
abeg add greek and latin to it.,infact add all the language sef.
Useless people.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by udezue(m): 6:51pm On Sep 20, 2009
While the at it they can add Ogoni language in the currency. Idiots like we don't have abundant languages in naija already. We gotta go Arabic now? The Southerners who fought on the Hausa/Nigeria side should be ashamed of themselves. This is what they wasted their lives and time on. To be dominated by Islamic Arab wanna be terrorist?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by samnaija: 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2009
@delvinmaya (the thing u talk no make sense. this is a forum 4 cryin out loud. abeg naija say wetin u wan talk wella, does brainless fools in govt, dey read all our views.trust me!!!!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2009
udezue:

While the at it they can add Ogoni language in the currency. Idiots like we don't have abundant languages in naija already. We gotta go Arabic now? The Southerners who fought on the Hausa/Nigeria side should be ashamed of themselves. This is what they wasted their lives and time on. To be dominated by Islamic Arab wanna be terrorist?

You have a wicked tongue my brother
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2009
illusion2:

ok first of all, weekends in egypt are fridays and saturdays, sunday is a work day,get your facts right, look it up!also there is no gulf state (oman, kuwait,UAE,bahrain,qatar) that has fridays and saturdays as weekend,all of them have thursdays and fridays as their weekend.so i dont know where you lived,i lived in the UAE for two years and weekends were thur and fri. again let me correct you, usman danfodio is fulani of sokoto origin and he did not introduce islam to the hausas, he introduced a stricter version of islam to and conquered the hausa states and brought them under his banner as a united nation with sokoto caliphate as the seat of power. u need to get your facts right,hausas have been practising one version of islam or the other for centuries,they have had contact with arabs from north africa for centuries, even today,there are arabs that live in nigeria (north eastern borno by lake chad) and theyve been there since the 15th century,they still speak their dialect of arabic as their primary language and lingua franca, maryam abacha is an arab lady, both her parents are the arabs im referring to here (and no they are not arabized africans) they came to africa from arabia between 15th century and 16th century.

But back to the discussion, hausa have had contacts with arabs for centuries before europeans came to africa and bacause hausas did not develop their own writing system and script,they had to borrow from arabs and now this is a part of their heritage and culture, they write hausa in arabic alphabets, its called ajami.so are you telling me one group of colonizers are better than the other, for me, id take arabs over the british anyday coz british are more evil, just look at what theyve done in africa. english is not your language,why are you defending it like that,its a white mans language and his alphabets,if it bugs you that much then create your own script and writing system (never too late) and put it on the naira.neither arabic nor english nor their alphabets belong to africans,so one shouldnt take the priority over the other,thata arabic is now hausa heritage and it should be put on the naira.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 9:46pm On Sep 20, 2009
udezue:

why are you talking like this, dont you realize that you're embarrassing yourself coz you come across as an ignorant bigot, there are over a billion muslims in the world, yes over 1,000,000,000. if muslims were "terrorists" do you think there will be peace in this world? think man, there are radicals and extremist in every corner of the world including the west like nazis, skin heads, in russia,if you're black,they'll attack and even kill you on the road,in america,there are skin heads and white supremacists but do you allow that section of their population to define the entire population? why are you letting the media shape or form the image of an entire religious group that make up neatly 1/4 of the world's population,think for yourself and dont be a blind goat.infact i cannot waste my time on you.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by rasputinn(m): 9:56pm On Sep 20, 2009
[size=14pt]Shame on you Sanusi if this is true[/size]
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 10:03pm On Sep 20, 2009
illusion2:

Emeka,your arguments aren’t entirely convincing. The official languages of Nigeria are English,Hausa,Igbo & Yoruba. Except English for obvious reasons . .  .they should all be equal, if the currency was for Arewa Republic. . by all means that is fine. . . but its not, its for NIGERIA.
Now the point gado made about the Arabic alphabets-that made sense 40 years ago, not now. I studied hausa in Sec school & we were thought with the latin characters –daya,biu,uku.hudu,biyar,shida etc  and that is the way people study in the North now. I’m studying Arabic now & I’m doing it with those same characters else it’ll take forever.
Bringing up 14th century excuses(by gado)  for 21st century issues may be misguided. Lets forget Lord Lugard & move forward.

dude, most hausas and generally people in the north or who grow up in the north as muslims go to two schools, in the morning,they go to their primary and secondary school (boko) where instruction is in english including hausa language. then after that, they go to islamiyyah school in the afternoon where they learn how to read and write arabic for purposes of reading,writing and understanding the quran, most hausa kids know arabic even if its a little bit, i know i do and many others i know.some hausas dont even bother with the boko,they go to islamiyyah school all day and learn things like history and philosophy and literature. the problem i think is that southerners worship anything western, nothing is good unless it belongs to white men from the west,why is islamic education bad??ever thought of that? at one point in history,baghdad (arabs) was the center of learning of the entire world and many western concepts were borrowes from arabs, white people simply borrowed from culture to culture and added a little of their own, when you go to school and learn algebra.who do you think algebra is? he is al jabra an arab that developed the system of calculations and arithmetic manipulation known as algebra today. he is an ARAB. so quit your blind worship of anything western, hausas often say that the southerners love europeans more than the europeans love themselves and you guys are proving it on NL. english is not your language so why are you defending it as if its yours. if arabic became the official language of nigeria today, what is bad about that? some of you would commit suicde over that or start wars in defense of the white mans language. i really dont understand wha the big deal is
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 20, 2009
my friend what has arabic got to offer in the world today? even the arabs are striving to learn english.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 11:45pm On Sep 20, 2009
gadogado:

why are you talking like this, dont you realize that you're embarrassing yourself coz you come across as an ignorant bigot, there are over a billion muslims in the world, yes over 1,000,000,000. if muslims were "terrorists" do you think there will be peace in this world? think man, there are radicals and extremist in every corner of the world including the west like nazis, skin heads, in russia,if you're black,they'll attack and even kill you on the road,in america,there are skin heads and white supremacists but do you allow that section of their population to define the entire population? why are you letting the media shape or form the image of an entire religious group that make up neatly 1/4 of the world's population,think for yourself and dont be a blind goat.infact i cannot waste my time on you.

Funny guy!

Are these not the same people killing Southerners because someone has depicted your holy prophet wrongly in Denmark, or raping pregnant women because some totally unrelated folk have organised something as benign as a beauty pageant in Abuja?

Not just Arabic! Why not just put Osama Bin Laden's photo on the Naira as well?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 11:57pm On Sep 20, 2009
@gadogado

Since you keep mentioning "Oh Hausa had no writing system blah blah", perhaps you could check out this page? http://www.bisharat.net/Demos/Hausa_alphabet.htm

I told you, the reason for rooting for Arabic (instead of protecting your own heritage) is a bleeping brainwash.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 21, 2009
gadogado let me ask you a honest question and i pray you answer me truthfully, where are you from? hausa or fulani?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions / Mastercard Card Or Visa Card: Which Nigerian Banks Offer The Cheapest And Best / Complaints Mount As Enaira App Tops 100,000 Downloads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.