Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,411 members, 7,819,467 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah - Poems For Review (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah (1965 Views)

Green, Red, Green by Jigsawkillah & Everestdebliu / Jigsawkillah. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah by ShaqFu: 11:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
Oahray:
lol. Yes o. Me and some other persons dey the lowest rung.

Damn! Jigsaw is a killah! Your lines mehn... Your own enemy. Totally different perspective from the norm. See flows sha... I like!

Laveda, your imagery came on very strong, although the rhyming seemed somewhat forced. Nice on the whole.

Looks like voting is over smiley
Really, and to think I think myself a learner. Hmm.
Re: Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah by Oahray: 11:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
ShaqFu:
Really, and to think I think myself a learner. Hmm.
that's the human capacity for self-improvement. The man who is satisfied with his position remains stagnant. It's a good thing.

On the flip-side, it means I have a 0.00000000000003% chance of catching up. sad
Re: Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah by Laveda(f): 11:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
firstEVA:
Laveda wins it cheesy nice one girl.
smiley Eva, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah by ShaqFu: 11:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
Oahray:
that's the human capacity for self-improvement. The man who is satisfied with his position remains stagnant. It's a good thing.

On the flip-side, it means I have a 0.00000000000003% chance of catching up. sad
LOL. Give yourself more credit Ray.
Re: Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah by Oahray: 11:50pm On Jul 26, 2016
ShaqFu:
LOL. Give yourself more credit Ray.
ok... 0.00000000099% smiley

Bottom line is, levels dey. If I good like una, na poetry I go take dey answer people for road cheesy
Re: Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah by ShaqFu: 11:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
Oahray:
ok... 0.00000000099% smiley

Bottom line is, levels dey. If I good like una, na poetry I go take dey answer people for road cheesy
LOL. I use to do that, people complained and called me a looney. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah by sirjay(m): 12:00am On Jul 27, 2016
Abeg make Una no vex... Since na the kings of poetry dey here make I just drop this jagbajantis for here.. On top the "Enemy" matter

Came smiling
Took my pain away
Gave me everything
Took it all away

Docile and sheepish; me
Wise and crafty; you
I knew it
The little man within nagged about you

Closer and closer you came
Stimulating and entering
The happy host; I was
Doors wide open; hell! I beckoned

Relaxed, in euphoria I basked
Oblivious and ignorant
Adamant to the pleas of my cerebrum
I listened to my cardiac muscle

You took it
What I could have given for you
What I could have laid at your feet

You took it
For naught but pride and vengeance
For something committed from ages past

Confused as realization dawned
Knife in the jugular I realized
What a bumbling idiot I had been

Juggernaut Bn Yusuf

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah by Laveda(f): 8:11am On Jul 27, 2016
sirjay:
Abeg make Una no vex... Since na the kings of poetry dey here make I just drop this jagbajantis for here.. On top the "Enemy" matter

Came smiling
Took my pain away
Gave me everything
Took it all away

Docile and sheepish; me
Wise and crafty; you
I knew it
The little man within nagged about you

Closer and closer you came
Stimulating and entering
The happy host; I was
Doors wide open; hell! I beckoned

Relaxed, in euphoria I basked
Oblivious and ignorant
Adamant to the pleas of my cerebrum
I listened to my cardiac muscle

You took it
What I could have given for you
What I could have laid at your feet

You took it
For naught but pride and vengeance
For something committed from ages past

Confused as realization dawned
Knife in the jugular I realized
What a bumbling idiot I had been

Juggernaut Bn Yusuf

Nice one. cheesy
Re: Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah by sirjay(m): 11:04am On Jul 27, 2016
Laveda:

Nice one. cheesy

Thanks ma'am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah by llaykorn: 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
Now these are two awesome pieces. The idea of poetry duels is a fantastic one too, but I believe that two things need to be improved if more of these are going to happen which I hope would.

The first one is theme clarity. A single word is not enough as a theme. I believe that the idea of 'theme' was brought up so both poets, in the end, would have written poems with exactly the same themes and what would be left to score is the style. It should be clear enough that poets who drift away too much from the theme should get penalized. (If a criterion scoring system is being used)

That brings me to the second point, and that is the scoring system. A criterion-based scoring system would be much more awesome to use for the judging as a poem is never always good in all ways and never always bad in all ways.

And, Laveda, you're a star! cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah by Laveda(f): 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
llaykorn:
Now these are two awesome pieces. The idea of poetry duels is a fantastic one too, but I believe that two things need to be improved if more of these are going to happen which I hope would.

The first one is theme clarity. A single word is not enough as a theme. I believe that the idea of 'theme' was brought up so both poets, in the end, would have written poems with exactly the same themes and what would be left to score is the style. It should be clear enough that poets who drift away too much from the theme should get penalized. (If a criterion scoring system is being used)

That brings me to the second point, and that is the scoring system. A criterion-based scoring system would be much more awesome to use for the judging as a poem is never always good in all ways and never always bad in all ways.

And, Laveda, you're a star! cheesy

Your observations are cool. But I'm still a newbie tho, and the duel wasn't really planned..
The next one would be better..

Yippee! thanks. grin kiss
Re: Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah by JigsawKillah(m): 10:56am On Apr 02, 2019
Laveda:

Your observations are cool. But I'm still a newbie tho, and the duel wasn't really planned..
The next one would be better..

Yippee! thanks. grin kiss

Did you write other poems after this?

Plus I need my revenge .
Re: Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah by Laveda(f): 4:40pm On Apr 02, 2019
JigsawKillah:

Did you write other poems after this?

Plus I need my revenge .

Lol. The quest for money has taken over now Jigs. Can’t remember when last I tried embarassed
Re: Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah by JigsawKillah(m): 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2019
Laveda:

Lol. The quest for money has taken over now Jigs. Can’t remember when last I tried embarassed

Lol understandable.
Re: Clash Of Two Pens: Laveda Vs Jigsawkillah by J2381: 7:43pm On Apr 02, 2019
Laveda:

Welcome to our world, diva.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fuzzy Spot / "If" / Listen To Me (A Satire).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.