Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,914 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge (48614 Views)

Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem / Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke / Vivian Okeke And Ibrahim Isah Fail To Recite National Anthem & Pledge (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by bobbybrown007: 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
kahal29:
THE Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs has begun the screening of Ambassadorial nominees forwarded to the Senate by President Muhammadu Buhari.

There was, however, drama as two of the nominees, who appeared before the Senator Monsurat Sunmonu-led committee could not recite properly stanzas of the National Anthem and the Pledge.

One of the nominees, Vivian Okeke, from Anambra State failed when she was asked to sing the National Anthem.

During her screening, Mrs Okeke was asked by Monsurat Summonu, the chairman of the committee, to sing the National Anthem. Mrs Okeke during the recital, mumbled the last stanza of the National Anthem but was aided by a member of the committee, Senator James Manager.

She was the first nominee to be screened of the 47 ambassadorial nominees.

However, the nominee said the three major changes that should be made must be in the area of fighting corruption, insurgency and diversification of the economy.

She also said that returnees should be received when the country puts in effort, even as she stressed the need for the country to look into the area of financing and salary payments.

Culled from Vanguard

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/drama-ambassadorial-nominees-fail-recite-national-anthem-pledge-2/

Source of pix

http://newsacross.com.ng/ambassadorial-nominees-cant-recite-national-anthem-pledge/
ok................... To me ooooooo, while she was in sec sch she used her brain and mind to think about one **"*"*"*"*" boy like that, she the chance for her to be an ambasardor she just lost the chance, or she has lost the chance
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by ibnjarir93(m): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
Is anything wrong in not being able to recite the national anthem properly?
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by sunnyside16(m): 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
Not surprised, even alot of Senators and Hon. Members including executive members will fail it as well. To them the money matters than the Anthem. Pathetic!
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
Miles300:
Like seriously how many Nigerians can SONG the anthem and recite the pledge with the current hardship ... Even the so called senators do a screening on that and see how many will fail ...
shai

1 Like

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by donchuks806(m): 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
They should go back to ward level
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by repogirl(f): 12:10pm On Jul 27, 2016
[size=30pt]OLODO!!!! Fine for face, nothing for head.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by ifeoluwajuwonlo(m): 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
Beauty without brain.....

Nigeria we hail thee

1 Like

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by ifeoluwajuwonlo(m): 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
ibnjarir93:
Is anything wrong in not being able to recite the national anthem properly?

Everything is wrong.... Ambassador for that matter.... She go disgrace us na for any country dem send her go[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by samplegirl(f): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
she can recite national anthema total disgrace for her this is what a primary student will recite offhead,.. grin grin

Offhead? My teacher taught me offhand please who taught offhead?

1 Like

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Hassan080196(m): 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
she can recite national anthema total disgrace for her this is what a primary student will recite offhead,.. grin grin

Your English dey there cheesy
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
I just want to believe most of the E-ethnic wars are simply for fun and not seriously meant instead of going to demand immediate sack of the legislathieves. I actually laugh a lot reading some of the comments.

That said, have you guys considered the possibility of these nominees not being familiar with the lyrics of the national anthem adopted in 1978? It might not be an excuse for an ambassadorial nominee but I didn't think it is a loyalty song that will enable them handle their portfolios accordingly and at the end of the day, they are only humans.

Personally, I prefer "Nigeria we hail thee..."
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Timileyin1234(m): 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:

U have murdered English too. bird of the same feather. (OFFHEAD)
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by gretblue: 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
My dear you don't recite off head but but off hand.Take note.
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Goliesimo: 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
shame on them.....even beyonce could recite our national antem
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Nasiruddeen(m): 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
Dezzx:
like nominees, like our Daura president cheesy

i suspect she is from daura not Igbo from the anambra. our yeebos blodas are very intelligent, just take them to Lagos or abuja and see becoming landlord within a year. cheesy tongue

see how foolish you can be....
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by shos: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
the competent ONE,
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by shos: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
the competent ONE, sai bubu
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by sashash(m): 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
y all will sleep n put head in one place.the ambassadors will represent Nigeria all the tribes o instead of us to condemn all the. guilty people irrespective of tribe and gender .siddon dia dey find Afonja,yeblow n d likes...mscheww
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by nduchucks: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
Why didn't they ask her to sing the Biafran national anthem? This fine lady is probably more patriotic than the thieving members of the NASS who are asking her to recite a song as a vetting mechanism. Clowns. embarassed
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by glossy6(f): 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
FreeGlobe:

how is it a disgrace?

That she could not recite anthem that her grand child can recite is not commendable my dear.
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by bittertruthz: 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
kahal29:
THE Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs has begun the screening of Ambassadorial nominees forwarded to the Senate by President Muhammadu Buhari.

There was, however, drama as two of the nominees, who appeared before the Senator Monsurat Sunmonu-led committee could not recite properly stanzas of the National Anthem and the Pledge.

One of the nominees, Vivian Okeke, from Anambra State failed when she was asked to sing the National Anthem.

During her screening, Mrs Okeke was asked by Monsurat Summonu, the chairman of the committee, to sing the National Anthem. Mrs Okeke during the recital, mumbled the last stanza of the National Anthem but was aided by a member of the committee, Senator James Manager.

She was the first nominee to be screened of the 47 ambassadorial nominees.

However, the nominee said the three major changes that should be made must be in the area of fighting corruption, insurgency and diversification of the economy.

She also said that returnees should be received when the country puts in effort, even as she stressed the need for the country to look into the area of financing and salary payments.

Culled from Vanguard

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/drama-ambassadorial-nominees-fail-recite-national-anthem-pledge-2/

Source of pix

http://newsacross.com.ng/ambassadorial-nominees-cant-recite-national-anthem-pledge/

Let me teach her...
Arizo compation. Nigeria kolobe. grin
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Skmoda360(m): 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ugoeze2016:

Offhead? no wahala, fine girl but why naw, see as u fine reach
my bro na 'but why' cuz am.........
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Truman155(m): 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
nwanyi oma God is on your side dont mind ndi ofe nmanu
they will not reach your success
receive it

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by ehikwe22: 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
gwales:
rubbish she failed just like the hausa man. Biafrans are stu.pid set of people
Don't quote me and say nonsense. You can call me Biafran because I shared my opinion, I don't care. To you anybody that support anything Igbo is Biafran.
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Omonigeriarere: 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
cyberdurable:
[size=15pt]Afonjas food is ready[/size]

This, no doubt, is the resultant effect of Aba-made-certificate

1 Like

Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by summerflame(m): 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
imagine a whole flat headed baboon chest beating drug barons generation unable to recite a national anthem. I just don't know why Oba Akiolu rescinded his lagoon decision on them.

Not disappointed with the name I saw unable to recite a national anthem. mofos
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by titiakins: 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
cyberdurable:
[size=15pt]Afonjas food is ready[/size]
do you dream of Afonja when you sleep...

Cos I don't get the obsession you have with the Yorubas!

Hia!
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by summerflame(m): 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
lol@ awon olori pelebe, u no pity them at all. Just call them Igbos
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by summerflame(m): 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
flattie, sorry, chest beater I mean, how market ?
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Omonigeriarere: 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
[s]
AustineE1:
Why wld she recite the national anthem of a country that she was forced to join,mind you,reciting the national anthem is like pledging allegiance to Nigeria....kudos to our true daughter,when the time comes,we no where we belong.
[/s]

Was she forced to apply for the post of Ambassador too? The last time I checked, anybody can offer someone anything, but the prerogative to accept the offer lies independently in oneself.

Please stop reasoning through anus.
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by ivili(m): 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:
Afonjas will soon gather here in there numbers,some may appear with a plate of amala and ewedu in their hands.
This made me laugh so hard.....if them catch you,na dat amala dem go take stone you.
Re: Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
omenka:
Why don't they move it to the fp??

I saw them lump ALL NORTHERNERS together and called them "parasitic illiterates" simply because ONE OF THEM failed to recite the anthem. Now, I ask those incorrigible spiteful good for nothing sons of Baal, would it be wise if we applied the same logic to the ENTIRE SOUTH EAST since ONE OF THEM has also failed to recite the anthem??

What a mess of a people. What a disgrace to humanity.

Tufiakwa!!
truth be told, ibos are jus unbelievable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Kicks As Jonathan Meets Adams, Obanikoro In Lagos / Ahmed Maje: 300 People Trained In Israel To Cause Mayhem In Plateau / I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.