₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,333,201 members, 5,160,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2019 at 06:53 PM

Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) (26936 Views)

UK Spouse Visa Application 2018 / UK Spouse Visa Refused Under 320 (11) For Obtaining University Degrees/appeal- / Need Help Or Advice About Uk Spouse Visa. From Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by wallg123: 8:27pm On Aug 16
Oga she can apply within the 28 days remaining on her current visa....For instance if it is to expire on 30 of September, she can submit from the 3rd of the month... Hope it helps
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Benz101: 8:34pm On Aug 19
Good evening everyone,

My spouse visa will be expiring soon. I want to enquire about proof of address. My husband and I have moved address 3 times. Do we need to provide 6 proof of address for each of us for individual houses we lived in? or Do we spread the 6 proof of address for the various houses?
Your kind advise is highly appreciated.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 9:36pm On Aug 19
The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years. If you submit online, you will get the attached checklist. I uploaded 8 acceptable items spread evenly over 2 years of which I lived in 2 different addresses.

If you've lived in 3 different places over 2 years, the same will apply

Benz101:
Good evening everyone,

My spouse visa will be expiring soon. I want to enquire about proof of address. My husband and I have moved address 3 times. Do we need to provide 6 proof of address for each of us for individual houses we lived in? or Do we spread the 6 proof of address for the various houses?
Your kind advise is highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Benz101: 9:46pm On Aug 19
Bourne007:
The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years. If you submit online, you will get the attached checklist. I uploaded 8 acceptable items spread evenly over 2 years of which I lived in 2 different addresses.

If you've lived in 3 different places over 2 years, the same will apply
Thanks a lot for your quick response and clarification.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 10:58am On Aug 21
Apologies for the late response, no it was not priority.

Demoore:

Hi newbie715,

Congrats on your recent visa renewal.

I will be renewing my spousal visa FLR(m) in 2 months time, the first week of September.

Quick question: Did you use priority service, as I see your decision was made in one month.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by romeoandjuliet: 1:42pm On Aug 22
Good day everyone. Please my hubby is due for a renewal of his UK spouse Visa. Please can he use B1 TEST instead of A2 TEST to full fill the English language requirements? Please advice if anyone in the house has done this before and had no problems. Thank you.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Benz101: 10:13am On Aug 27
romeoandjuliet:
Good day everyone. Please my hubby is due for a renewal of his UK spouse Visa. Please can he use B1 TEST instead of A2 TEST to full fill the English language requirements? Please advice if anyone in the house has done this before and had no problems. Thank you.
The CEFR standard (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) levels are as thus.

English Basic User (A1, A2)
A1 (Beginner)
A2 (Elementary English)

English Independent User (B1, B2)
B1 (Intermediate English)
B2 (Upper-Intermediate English)

Proficient English User (C1, C2)
C1 (Advanced English)
C2 (Proficiency English)

So base on the above levels, CEFR A2 test and above should be sufficient for the application. My opinion and I stand to be corrected.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by romeoandjuliet: 6:22pm On Aug 28
Benz101:

The CEFR standard (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) levels are as thus.

English Basic User (A1, A2)
A1 (Beginner)
A2 (Elementary English)

English Independent User (B1, B2)
B1 (Intermediate English)
B2 (Upper-Intermediate English)

Proficient English User (C1, C2)
C1 (Advanced English)
C2 (Proficiency English)

So base on the above levels, CEFR A2 test and above should be sufficient for the application. My opinion and I stand to be corrected.

Thank you very much Benz101. I really appreciate your reply. My hubby went for the test yesterday and passed. We will be applying soon. Thank you again.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by TunzAntman: 9:29am On Sep 04
Good morning all,

Thank God for this platform, I wish I'd seen this straight after my initial spouse visa. I have a few questions I hope you guys can help with.

1) Although I moved in straight away with my partner when I arrived in the UK I didn't immediately change my bank details, HMRC etc. to her address as I was previously living in the UK before applying for the spouse visa, so I just used to have all my letters sent to my previous home address up until about a year ago. Although I did receive some correspondence there, they're not "offiicial documents". Is there anyway to circumvent this?

2) I changed jobs in the last 3 months from a previous job I'd been in for 2 years. Does this mean I'd have to send in 12 months worth of payslips?

3) Would I need a letter from my previous employer confirming how much I earned, or is the letter only required from my current employer?

Your responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by abubarakat: 5:42am On Sep 05
Hi

Not sure about 1 so I'll let others chime in.

As for the others:
2. Yes. You have to send in 12 payslips along with 12 months bank statements highlight corresponding payments in your payslips. This is because you have not been at your current job for a minimum of 6 months to apply under category A.

3. There is no definite answer for this as there is no mention of this in the official guidelines by Home Office. However, as the burden of proof is with the applicant, it's best to get a letter from your previous employer, if you can.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

TunzAntman:
Good morning all,

Thank God for this platform, I wish I'd seen this straight after my initial spouse visa. I have a few questions I hope you guys can help with.

1) Although I moved in straight away with my partner when I arrived in the UK I didn't immediately change my bank details, HMRC etc. to her address as I was previously living in the UK before applying for the spouse visa, so I just used to have all my letters sent to my previous home address up until about a year ago. Although I did receive some correspondence there, they're not "offiicial documents". Is there anyway to circumvent this?

2) I changed jobs in the last 3 months from a previous job I'd been in for 2 years. Does this mean I'd have to send in 12 months worth of payslips?

3) Would I need a letter from my previous employer confirming how much I earned, or is the letter only required from my current employer?

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 4:51pm On Sep 11
Hi,

Based on personal experience, these are my suggestions.

1) I don't think this is a big deal if you have joint correspondence in your current home, if I were you, I'd write a letter explaining this matter as you have just said it, add some mail from that old address then add the correspondence you now have for your current address, you can use GP appointment letters, bills in both your names (council tax, utility etc). When I was applying for my first visa, my hubby had ALL his correspondence going to his parents house. The only thing he had for his house was Mortgage documents and council tax bill and he had lived in his house for about 4 years at that time, we just explained it in the cover letter.

2) I believe you will need your payslips for 12 months, on the other hand if your spouse earns over the required threshold, you can use only hers for your application. I was too lazy to get documentation from my company when I was applying for my FLR ( I was on maternity leave) so I used only hubby's and submitted no documents for my job.

3) I do not believe that this is a requirement, you are supposed to just submit 12 months payslip then get the letter from your current employer.

I hope this helps.

TunzAntman:
Good morning all,

Thank you
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Benz101: 6:47am On Sep 12
Good morning All.

I want to enquire if cover letter and letter from landlord are compulsory. Also if compulsory, can anyone help with a sample for the cover letter. Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by TunzAntman: 9:44am On Sep 12
Thanks for your response guys, most appreciated.

1) I have managed to do some digging and found a letter from my previous employer that dates back to December 2017. I will include a letter as suggested.

2) I'm also still quite close with my previous employer, so shouldn't be too much of a problem getting my old payslips certified.

Thanks for your help guys, I will surely update the forum on the application progress in about 4 weeks.

smiley
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Fynebouy: 3:15pm On Sep 14
Dear E-Fam,

Good day to all.

Please I need your guidance. I booked an appointment wth UKVCAS to submit my supporting documents re FLR(M). I got a weekend date but I want to change the appointment day. Please how do I do this? I have an appointment for a Saturday but due to other issues, want to bring it to the Wednesday before that weekend. Is this possible?

Then in completing my form, I had one pertinent information I didn't include under the question "Do you have any other reason for wanting to stay in the UK", can I include that in a cover letter and include the necessary document in my package?

I look forward to a response/guidance.

Many thanks
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Alohetij: 12:42pm On Sep 16
Hi All,

I submitted my application on Friday 14th September using super priority service. Got an approved email today (16th September).

For anyone this might help, I used NARIC for my initial application from Nigeria. All I had to do now was order a reprint service from NARIC using exact documents I used in 2016.

Documents submitted:

My passport & BRP
Hubby & daughter's passport
Daughter' birth certificate
NARIC certificate
Degree certificate
Marriage Certificate
Hubby payslip
Hubby letter from employer
Hubby's 6 months bank statement
Title deeds of our house
Mortgage statement
Council tax bill
Random selection of bills and letters received for the past 2 years (It was plenty o.. lol)

I paid for scanning service so wasn't bothered.

I wish everyone yet to apply all the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Fynebouy: 1:23pm On Sep 16
Congratulations. Do you know how long it will take for your BRP to be sent to you.

Alohetij:
Hi All,

I submitted my application on Friday 14th September using super priority service. Got an approved email today (16th September).

For anyone this might help, I used NARIC for my initial application from Nigeria. All I had to do now was order a reprint service from NARIC using exact documents I used in 2016.

Documents submitted:

My passport & BRP
Hubby & daughter's passport
Daughter' birth certificate
NARIC certificate
Degree certificate
Marriage Certificate
Hubby payslip
Hubby letter from employer
Hubby's 6 months bank statement
Title deeds of our house
Mortgage statement
Council tax bill
Random selection of bills and letters received for the past 2 years (It was plenty o.. lol)

I paid for scanning service so wasn't bothered.

I wish everyone yet to apply all the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Amina Lawal Missing In Toronto (photo) / Lady Dies In Fatal Accident In Kaduna, Her Son Severely Injured (Pics) / Harare Gallery (zimbabwe): Have A Look, Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.