Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) (78519 Views)

UK Spouse Visa Application 2018 / UK Spouse Visa Refused Under 320 (11) For Obtaining University Degrees/appeal- / Need Help Or Advice About Uk Spouse Visa. From Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Monmarri: 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2020
Divine88:
£18600/ annum financial requirement is before tax.
So judging from what you wrote above. U over qualify sef.
Just make sure u supporting all the six month payslip.

Thank you
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by teejay231: 11:35pm On Oct 12, 2020
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by teejay231: 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2020
Hashan190228:

Sorry and apologies i did read it back and it did sound confusing.

I applied in May 2020 online application. I could not then book biometrics because of Covid19 i have just been invited to do biometrics and upload docs. I had everything in plan but lost my bank statements anf cant find them. Therefore i am using the ones from online issue date is in June 2020 after the application date will that be a problem?

Also i meant as in delaying doing biometrics and sending docs through the App so we can travel and come back and complete the application? As we didnt get an email to say complete it before a particular date.

Also will it be a problem if unable to provide corrospondent letters in same month for one of the months. In 2019 i have got Jan docs for both of us but can only find Aug for partner and sept for myself no other docs will that be okay?

Sorry and thanks hope that makes sense?

You are advised not to travel out of the UK until your application has been decided otherwise you won't be allowed back in.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lamakinde(m): 11:14am On Oct 28, 2020
My spousal visa has now been extended as stated in the attached document in the FLRMDecisions letter i received on Saturday 24th of October. The letter below refers

Dear Mr

This message is to confirm that your application for further leave has now been decided and the decision is attached to this email.

This email is intended for Mr and if received in error should be deleted immediately. If you have received this email in error, please notify us via FHR2@homeoffice.gov.uk

Please DO NOT respond to this e-mail as this inbox will not be monitored.

Kind Regards

UK Visas and Immigration

Home office

Lamakinde:
Same here, no response other than the mail sent exactly the same time I got the invite which only apologized and told me to quote a number in case i want to trace my documents.

3 Likes

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2020
Lamakinde:
My spousal visa has now been extended as stated in the attached document in the FLRMDecisions letter i received on Saturday 24th of October. The letter below refers

Dear Mr

This message is to confirm that your application for further leave has now been decided and the decision is attached to this email.

This email is intended for Mr and if received in error should be deleted immediately. If you have received this email in error, please notify us via FHR2@homeoffice.gov.uk

Kind Regards

UK Visas and Immigration

Home office

Congrats dear!

Did your employer tell you to stop working when your visa expired?

Mine is telling me they don’t let me work until I get an outcome of my visa (visa that i can’t even submit application for until Nov 10 because it’s expiring Dec 10).

Ridiculous!
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lamakinde(m): 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Thanks, your employer can't tell you to stop work because your status remains the same as long as you apply before the expiry of your visa. It is wrong. All I was told is that if it is not out in six months then they will have to do another check with Homeoffice.

Congrats, dear!

Mine is telling me they don’t let me work until I get an outcome of my visa (a visa that I can’t even submit an application for until Nov 10 because it’s expiring Dec 10).

Ridiculous!

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 8:29pm On Oct 28, 2020
[quote author=Lamakinde post=95441325][/quote]

Thanks dear. Much appreciated. The thing is, they seem not to know the law, and if they insist that I can’t work, I just have to accept. I can’t shout.

Cheers.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by tayeby78: 9:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
Congratulations@lamakinde. My Brother ibnlaw who applied in April just got his extension email yesterday as well.....we that we applied in July are still waiting. Please pray for us

Lamakinde:

Dear Mr

Kind Regards

UK Visas and Immigration

Home office

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deebaby05(f): 2:01pm On Oct 29, 2020
Funny thing happened to me... visa was to expire 24th August, i applied for myself and 3 kids a week before but couldn't get an appointment till September 23rd and this was paid for, so ontop of the huge amount £8.2k, added £276 for paid appointment, no problem, God dey. You won't believe, not up to 3 weeks later, we got 3 BRPs in the mail dated 7th October instead of 4 BRPs. Really fast and no decision letter or mail as others received but i noticed that the validity on the BRPs was 42 months instead of 30 months making my route 6yrs+ instead of 5 years. I was shocked so i sent a mail to the email provided if there's issue with BRP validity and reply was that we don't fall under the category for Administrative review and gave me number to call, called the number and the lady said, the extra 12 months on my validity doesn't matter, that i could choose to apply for ILR when i complete 5 years or b4 the validity expires which could give me time to save and i also asked about my daughters missing BRP. She said it will come, that though we applied as a family, they are treated individually.

Dear Mrs W

RE:

Further to your email to the Admin Review Team.

Please note that this mailbox is only for use by applicants who have applied for leave to enter or remain in the UK under the following main categories:

Tier 1, 2 or 5 Migrant under the Points Base System

Tier 4 Migrant under the Points Base System

HMF Forces

ECAA Turkish National

Therefore the visa application category applied for, Family Route Spouse and dependants of a Settled Person in the United Kingdom is not a visa category applicable to Administrative Review and therefore we are unable to assist you with your enquiry.

You will need to contact our Customer Services team on General Enquiry Line 0300 123 2241, Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4.45pm Friday, 9am to 4.30pm quoting your reference number for them to redirect your enquiry to the Settlement visa team or alternatively, email/contact the Settlement visa team their details should be mentioned in your visa approval letter.

Kind Regards

Working From Home due to COVID-19

TM32  
Admin Review Team

Appeals, Litigation and Admin Review (ALAR)

Home Office

UK Visas and Immigration
PO Box 663

Salford

M5 0LW

After waiting 10 days and still no BRP, i filled the form on gov.website and like 2 days later, i got a mail from FHR2 (written ontop of my first email for Admin review which i was told was not applicable to me) apologising that they made a mistake on the validity and to send back the wrong ones to be reissued the correct ones.

Dear Mrs

Thank you for your email below- I note your comments.

I can confirm that the incorrect expiry date was input onto your application. A stop was placed on the BRP cards to prevent delivery but the TNT courier delivered them to you in error. Your daughter- card was not issued as the mistake was realised before her card was generated.

Please could you return the cards by recorded delivery, quoting to the following address:

Home Office

FLR(M)

5th Floor Vulcan House Iron 

Sheffield

S3 8NU

Once we receive the cards back we can reissue new ones to you.  

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I await the return of the incorrect cards.

Kind regards

UK Visas and Immigration

Home Office

I concluded that the Admin review forwarded my email to the right email even though they told me they couldn't assist me and this was good, my problem is with the customer service team who do not have a clue and yet dishes out advice and information which could be misleading and cause issues in future.

In all, i thank God, my employer never bothered/stopped me working cos in addition to me carrying them along, they are also aware that you are permitted to work as long as you applied b4 your visa expired and waiting for home office response and that Home office has backlogs.

Timelines
Online Application 17th August 20
Visa expired 24th August 20
Biometrics 23rd September 20
BRP dated 7th October 20

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deebaby05(f): 5:05pm On Oct 29, 2020
don't worry it will be ok. You'll get your reply soon. Did you use the App? I used the appointment centre and got our BRPs less than 3 weeks after biometrics. A friend that used the app is yet to get a response too and he applied online since June.

tayeby78:
Congratulations@lamakinde. My Brother ibnlaw who applied in April just got his extension email yesterday as well.....we that we applied in July are still waiting. Please pray for us

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lamakinde(m): 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2020
Thanks a lot. yours will surely come too. The BRP just got here today.

tayeby78:
Congratulations@lamakinde. My Brother in law who applied in April just got his extension email yesterday as well.....we that we applied in July are still waiting. Please pray for us

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lamakinde(m): 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2020
Thanks. I just received the BRP card today. Yours will surely come.

tayeby78:

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hi @lamakinde

Is it right to be charged 1560 for the IHS of the flr(m) visa?

The same website says that it’s 400 per year. And the flr(m) is for 2.5 (right?), so I expected that I would pay £1000, not this £1560 that I’m seeing.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deebaby05(f): 10:31pm On Oct 31, 2020
The IHS was increased from £400 a year to £624 from October 2020 so for 2.5 years, it's £1560. Really sad but can we refuse to pay? Take heart, it's well.

Aphrodite007:
Hi @lamakinde

Is it right to be charged 1560 for the IHS of the flr(m) visa?

The same website says that it’s 400 per year. And the flr(m) is for 2.5 (right?), so I expected that I would pay £1000, not this £1560 that I’m seeing.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 7:49am On Nov 01, 2020
deebaby05:
The IHS was increased from £400 a year to £624 from October 2020 so for 2.5 years, it's £1560. Really sad but can we refuse to pay? Take heart, it's well.

As in! Home Office just sat down and said, “let’s milk the immigrants dry! Even though most of them have lost their jobs. If they can’t afford it, they should go back!”

grin cheesy

Thanks love. I figured out that was what happened. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deebaby05(f): 7:51am On Nov 02, 2020
Thank God we are hardworking people and don't give up easily so will always disappoint them. We are here to stay and give our kids a better life and not their fault, abi, na our country with very bad uncaring, wicked leaders cause am. Meanwhile na we dey work the work for here pass. corona or not. Immigrants full the health sector. You know they promised Health workers 1 years free visa extension? Well it was kind of a scam cos they still said a lot of people were not eligible quoting some silly reasons, they only planned to give just 3000 people the free extension and once they reach that number, no more.

Increasing the IHS just like that even with the current situation of cut hours, no jobs was not fair at all, very insensitive. My saving Grace was that i applied b4 the increase, how i for do with 3 children, that means extra £2,240 ontop £8,208 plus paid appointment £276. This people dey actually milk us, all we work, na for dem pocket. It is well ooo my dear. Tkia

Aphrodite007:

As in! Home Office just sat down and said, “let’s milk the immigrants dry! Even though most of them have lost their jobs. If they can’t afford it, they should go back!”

grin cheesy

Thanks love. I figured out that was what happened. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 11:39am On Nov 02, 2020
deebaby05:
Thank God we are hardworking people and don't give up easily so will always disappoint them. We are here to stay and give our kids a better life and not their fault, abi, na our country with very bad uncaring, wicked leaders cause am. Meanwhile na we dey work the work for here pass. corona or not. Immigrants full the health sector. You know they promised Health workers 1 years free visa extension? Well it was kind of a scam cos they still said a lot of people were not eligible quoting some silly reasons, they only planned to give just 3000 people the free extension and once they reach that number, no more.

Increasing the IHS just like that even with the current situation of cut hours, no jobs was not fair at all, very insensitive. My saving Grace was that i applied b4 the increase, how i for do with 3 children, that means extra £2,240 ontop £8,208 plus paid appointment £276. This people dey actually milk us, all we work, na for dem pocket. It is well ooo my dear. Tkia

My dear you spent money o! More grease to your elbow. I pray your children grow to appreciate your sacrifice and make you proud.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by dustydee: 12:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
deebaby05:
Funny thing happened to me... visa was to expire 24th August, i applied for myself and 3 kids a week before but couldn't get an appointment till September 23rd and this was paid for, so ontop of the huge amount £8.2k, added £276 for paid appointment, no problem, God dey. You won't believe, not up to 3 weeks later, we got 3 BRPs in the mail dated 7th October instead of 4 BRPs. Really fast and no decision letter or mail as others received but i noticed that the validity on the BRPs was 42 months instead of 30 months making my route 6yrs+ instead of 5 years. I was shocked so i sent a mail to the email provided if there's issue with BRP validity and reply was that we don't fall under the category for Administrative review and gave me number to call, called the number and the lady said, the extra 12 months on my validity doesn't matter, that i could choose to apply for ILR when i complete 5 years or b4 the validity expires which could give me time to save and i also asked about my daughters missing BRP. She said it will come, that though we applied as a family, they are treated individually.

Just curious, how does the 42 month validity instead of 30 months make your route 6yrs instead of 5yrs?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by dustydee: 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Congrats dear!

Mine is telling me they don’t let me work until I get an outcome of my visa (visa that i can’t even submit application for until Nov 10 because it’s expiring Dec 10).

Ridiculous!
I think it is 28 days before so yours should be by Nov 12. I know of someone who was denied for applying for ILR a day earlier.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 1:55pm On Nov 02, 2020
dustydee:

I think it is 28 days before so yours should be by Nov 12. I know of someone who was denied for applying for ILR a day earlier.

Thanks love. Mine is FLR not ILR. I’ve already done 33 months on my spouse visa so I can apply now for the FLR before Nov 10. It means for the next visa (ILR), I only have to hit 27 months before I make my ILR application.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2020
dustydee:

Just curious, how does the 42 month validity instead of 30 months make your route 6yrs instead of 5yrs?

I think she just assumed that they expected her to exhaust the 42 months before applying for the ILR. Someone explained to her that she just has to do her 60 months to make the ILR application, irrespective of the extra 11 months they dashed her.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2020
The caseworker harsh die. A friend submitted 2 weeks or so early. The caseworker held on to his application till his ILR complete. The rule is 28 days so I think he got lucky

dustydee:

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by dustydee: 2:34pm On Nov 02, 2020
Bourne007:
The caseworker harsh die. A friend submitted 2 weeks or so early. The caseworker held on to his application till his ILR complete. The rule is 28 days so I think he got lucky

Despite the protestations, the case worker refused to budge.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 3:00pm On Nov 02, 2020
Sad! Another £3k application fee .. oga oo sad

dustydee:

Despite the protestations, the case worker refused to budge.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Monmarri: 6:00pm On Nov 02, 2020
Hello house if one has an indenfite leave to remain and wants to apply for Spouse visa for the partner but the spouse Nigeria passport has expired, can the spouse still use the passport data page to apply or is it compulsory to renew it for the visa application. Will it cause a refusal? The processing time to renew passport in the UK takes time . Thank you
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:03pm On Nov 02, 2020
Monmarri:
Hello house if one has an indenfite leave to remain and wants to apply for Spouse visa but the person Nigeria passport has expired, can the person still use the passport data page to apply or is it compulsory to renew it for the visa application. Will it cause a refusal? Thank you

Yes it will cause a refusal. And yes they must apply with a valid visa.

They have to apply for a new passport.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Monmarri: 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Yes it will cause a refusal. And yes they must apply with a valid visa.

They have to apply for a new passport.

Thank you. But do you know how long the passport process takes in the UK to be renewed and how much? Thank you
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2020
Monmarri:

Thank you. But do you know how long the passport process takes in the UK to be renewed and how much? Thank you

It’s on the Nigerian high commission website. But you are expected to fill the form and make your payment on the Nigerian immigration website (the NHC website will tell you).

Currently there’s a backlog at the NHC. They should be answering people that paid for July/Aug now, which means you will have to wait a bit till it’s your turn to do your application. Normally if it’s your turn, it will take a month.

I went to Nigeria to get my passport done cos I couldn’t wait but now, flights have been grounded cos of the virus, so you may not be able to leave the Uk. Sorry.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Monmarri: 5:09am On Nov 03, 2020
Hello house my passport has expired but when I was filling the application form, they asked if the sponsor has a valid passport. I click "No" bc I can't submit an expired data page. Is this ok ? Is it compulsory to put the sponsor passport data page ? I noticed that when I put No , it was not included in my compusory document for checklist to be submitted.

Bc why I put NO is bc my passport has expired and the process to renew it in UK takes a long time. With the questions that I got in the application form I was convinced to put NO

I don't have a valid passport, it just expired last month

in the question section for spouse, they said if the sponsor can not provide a valid passport, they should tick No. kindly find attached proof and advise. many thanks.

@Just wise , other guru and family members who can advise I will appreciate. Thank you

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deebaby05(f): 7:09pm On Nov 03, 2020
Yes you are right @Aphrodite007, i actually thought i was expected to exhaust the 42 months, JJC like me but the customer service staff explained that i could apply for ILR once am 60 months or wait 28days b4 the date on my BRP expires and enjoy the dash but at the end of the day, i got a mail from FHR2 that the validity on the BRPs were wrong so to send them back and be issued new ones. They actually sent 3 BRPs instead of 4 BRPs, they stopped the generation of the 4th one when they discovered their error.

Aphrodite007:

I think she just assumed that they expected her to exhaust the 42 months before applying for the ILR. Someone explained to her that she just has to do her 60 months to make the ILR application, irrespective of the extra 11 months they dashed her.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by tayeby78: 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2020
Got the decion letter today that it has been granted. Applied in July with the documents stated on this thread. Hubby and I wrote a letter each stating how our lives have changed in the last 2.5 years. You guys are doing a great job with this thread. Thanks for everyone that has contributed. Yall are the real MVP!!!
Please can someone point us in the direction of ILR so we can start collating evidence again ejo. Thanks in advance

Lamakinde:
Thanks. I just received the BRP card today. Yours will surely come.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deept(m): 11:16pm On Nov 04, 2020
tayeby78:
Got the decion letter today that it has been granted. Applied in July with the documents stated on this thread. Hubby and I wrote a letter each stating how our lives have changed in the last 2.5 years. You guys are doing a great job with this thread. Thanks for everyone that has contributed. Yall are the real MVP!!!
Please can someone point us in the direction of ILR so we can start collating evidence again ejo. Thanks in advance

congratulations, ILR should be same docs+ life in the UK test

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (30) (Reply)

Entry To Delta State Blocked. No Movement ( Photos) / Bus Conductor Sanitizes Passengers Before Boarding Danfo Bus (photo) / White Couple Sitting Dangerously On A Bike In Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.