Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) (78602 Views)

UK Spouse Visa Application 2018 / UK Spouse Visa Refused Under 320 (11) For Obtaining University Degrees/appeal- / Need Help Or Advice About Uk Spouse Visa. From Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deebaby05(f): 2:03am On Nov 25, 2020
@ tayeby78
I will suggest your hubby go online and fill the form for "If your BRP has not arrived "on gov.uk/brp as it is more than 10 days after getting the decision letter. I got our BRPs before the decision letter, can you imagine? But cos there was validity error, had to send the cards back to be cancelled and 4 days after got the re-issued cards cos they said the cards will come within 7 days.

tayeby78:
Will post our support letter here in due course.

Please Lamakinde have you received your BRp yet? Its been over 2 weeks and hubby hasn't received it yet and he has emailed and called the.. how long did yours take after you got the approval letter/email?

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by ronvlaar: 11:16am On Nov 26, 2020
Hello guys, thanks for all the info here, its really been helpful.
My initial 2.5yrs visa is due to expire in Feb 2021, just wanna ask, when is d ideal/best time to actually start the renewal process?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
You can apply for extension 28 days before the expiry of your current Spousal visa.

ronvlaar:
Hello guys, thanks for all the info here, its really been helpful.
My initial 2.5yrs visa is due to expire in Feb 2021, just wanna ask, when is d ideal/best time to actually start the renewal process?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by oxygyne(m): 11:21am On Dec 02, 2020
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Trust we are all doing well and keeping safe in the current climate (i.e Covid-19). It is going to be Christmas soon, hopefully it brings much needed joy and laughter to our homes.

A quick query, is it ok to use downloaded utility bills (i.e. SSE, BT, Anglian water) or do they all have to be posted to the house for it to be used for the application? Bearing in mind that the online bills are exactly the same as what you receive in the mail.

Need to be sure, please.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 12:44pm On Dec 02, 2020
Downloaded utility bills (Bank statements etc) can definitely be used with no issues whatsoever. It's even recommended

Think of the waste before you request for paper bills. Save paper, save trees, save money! grin

oxygyne:
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Trust we are all doing well and keeping safe in the current climate (i.e Covid-19). It is going to be Christmas soon, hopefully it brings much needed joy and laughter to our homes.

A quick query, is it ok to use downloaded utility bills (i.e. SSE, BT, Anglian water) or do they all have to be posted to the house for it to be used for the application? Bearing in mind that the online bills are exactly the same as what you receive in the mail.

Need to be sure, please.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by oxygyne(m): 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
Bourne007:
Downloaded utility bills (Bank statements etc) can definitely be used with no issues whatsoever. It's even recommended

Think of the waste before you request for paper bills. Save paper, save trees, save money! grin

Thanks, Bourne007.
Did not know it's recommended tbh, that's good.

True, we need to save the planet..lol but you know it is not our choice what the requirement is.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 1:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
Don't get me wrong. It's not a UKVI rule but due to climate/environmental change, it's just the ideal way. It's easy to verify such bills anyways

oxygyne:

Thanks, Bourne007.
Did not know it's recommended tbh, that's good.

True, we need to save the planet..lol but you know it is not our choice what the requirement is.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by oxygyne(m): 1:33pm On Dec 02, 2020
tayeby78:
Will post our support letter here in due course.

Please Lamakinde have you received your BRp yet? Its been over 2 weeks and hubby hasn't received it yet and he has emailed and called the.. how long did yours take after you got the approval letter/email?

Thanks, we await the support letter but is the support letter a requirement or just an alternative addition.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Nessa29: 3:15pm On Dec 02, 2020
Hi guys, compliments of the season. My son and I are going to renew next year. Pls someone point me out to requirements again. It expires 17th June, please when is it the best time to apply? I have been thinking about it oh as if it’s already Tomorrow, Lool. Thank you, and how much is the fee and health surcharge. Thank you oh
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Monmarri: 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2020
Hello house I need assistance please. Is there any one that have used overtime to meet financial requirement for spouse visa under cat A salaried? Pls if there is I need assistance.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:54pm On Dec 03, 2020
oxygyne:
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Need to be sure, please.

Thanks in advance.

Downloading then is even better because you’ll upload them to the system anyway. If you get the paper copy, you’ll have scan then upload to the UKVAS system.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2020
Nessa29:
Hi guys, compliments of the season. My son and I are going to renew next year. Pls someone point me out to requirements again. It expires 17th June, please when is it the best time to apply? I have been thinking about it oh as if it’s already Tomorrow, Lool. Thank you, and how much is the fee and health surcharge. Thank you oh

Apply 30 days to expiry.

Health surcharge cost for Jun next year is unknown. Even if I tell you how much it costs now, it may increase next year.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by tayeby78: 9:56pm On Dec 05, 2020
He has filled that form in like 5 times.....no reply whatsoever. Thank God he can still work.

deebaby05:
@ tayeby78
I will suggest your hubby go online and fill the form for "If your BRP has not arrived "on gov.uk/brp as it is more than 10 days after getting the decision letter. I got our BRPs before the decision letter, can you imagine? But cos there was validity error, had to send the cards back to be cancelled and 4 days after got the re-issued cards cos they said the cards will come within 7 days.

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by tayeby78: 9:58pm On Dec 05, 2020
Its just an addition from our end.......you know just to avoid stories that touch.
oxygyne:

Thanks, we await the support letter but is the support letter a requirement or just an alternative addition.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by oxygyne(m): 4:02pm On Dec 23, 2020
tayeby78:
Its just an addition from our end.......you know just to avoid stories that touch.

Thanks. Still waiting for the letter.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by oxygyne(m): 4:05pm On Dec 23, 2020
Ladies and Gents,

Merry Christmas to you all.

I have not seen any information on the passport photograph format requirement, please where can I locate this information, any link??
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Divine88: 5:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
oxygyne:
Ladies and Gents,

Merry Christmas to you all.

I have not seen any information on the passport photograph format requirement, please where can I locate this information, any link??
Are u submitting a physical form or you are/have submitted online?
If you’ve submitted an online application, you don’t need a passport photograph as the image taken during your biometric is what’s really needed.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by oxygyne(m): 12:15am On Dec 24, 2020
Divine88:

Are u submitting a physical form or you are/have submitted online?
If you’ve submitted an online application, you don’t need a passport photograph as the image taken during your biometric is what’s really needed.

Thanks, Divine88.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by ODOOA: 11:48pm On Dec 26, 2020
Good evening all.

I would like to ask questions about how to evenly spread Cohabitation proof?

Is it that my spouse and I must have 6 joint documents like Council Tax, Gp letter, Building society, bank statements, Telephone statement and electricity statements for 2 years OR 3 of the documents mentioned for each year?

How do I evenly spread them?

Also, there are some questions in the online form that are confusing and not self-explanatory. Can someone who has been granted FLR M put me through, pls because I'm using a proxy name to fill the form in order to know what questions are stated in the form so as to prepare ahead?

Lastly,

I came into the country on Spouse Visa on the 26th of October 2020.

I was unable to open a bank account because of unavailability of proof of address(but I can do that now because of the letter I received from Dept of Pension and Work). My NI application form has just been delivered, i have filled same and mailed back to them so I'm awaiting their response.

I have not started working so I couldn't register my name on the Council Tax. Will this cause a problem in the future when applying for FLR? Hoping to add my name on the Council Tax as soon as I start working.

I have not registered my TB certificate with the GP my husband is using because they are closed due to COVID-19. I am planning to register with the GP before the end of month. Will this cause a problem when applying for my FLR?

More so, how do they calculate when to apply for FLR?

My approval letter for the visa was dated 22nd July 2020 and it states that "Your application for a UK visa has been successful. This means that when you arrive in the UK you will have permission to be in the Uk (known as Leave to Enter) as PARTNER(STANDARD) from 01 Aug 2020 to 01 May 2023".

The Vignette validity on my passport read 1st Aug 2020 to 30th October 2020. So, I came in on the 26th October 2020. I collected my BRP and it states that the date of issue is 22nd July 2020 and Valid until 1st May 2023. When will i apply for FLR? Will I start counting the 33months from the day I entered the Country, 26th October 2020 or the date of issue on my BRP, 22nd July 2020 or on the 1st August 2020?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by TK10Lee: 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2020
Dear ODOOA,

Firstly, let me welcome you to the UK. I think all your questions have been answered on the previous posts if you go back and read from the beginning of the posts on this thread.

You and your spouse can have 6 or more if you have documents like Council Tax, Gp letter, Building society, bank statements, Telephone statements and electricity statements. It could be 2 or 3 years and could be joint or separate letters - if separate it must be addresed to the same address where both you and your spouse lives. And it starts from when you begin to receive the documents.

I was granted my FLR in October but I know the form you checked and filled using a proxy name would have been updated by the time you are due for your FLR. I'll advice you wait until 2 or 3 months before the expiration of your visa to start checking forms to be filled. Don't bother yourself on FLR form now but bother more on and start preparing to gather the documents you will need and money to spend for the FLR application when the time comes - 2023 is around the corner.

Your spouse has to register your name on the Council Tax bills by calling and informing them to add your name so that both of you will be receiving the tax bills as soon as your spouse is able to call.

I did not register my TB certificate with the GP when I arrived here, maybe things have changed now but my spouse called the GP and I was given an appointment to register with the GP. It was after I registered with the GP that I received a letter of appointment to do another TB test which I did then. Your spouse need to call the GP so you can book appointment, it may probably be online.

Since your BRP states that the visa is Valid until 1st May 2023. Then your visa is expiring on 01 May 2023, then you can apply from 28 days before the expiration of your visa. But try and read the posts from the beginning on this thread and you will find them helpful. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by ODOOA: 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2020
Thank you for taking your time to respond to my long questions.
TK10Lee:
Dear ODOOA,

Firstly, let me welcome you to the UK. I think all your questions have been answered on the previous posts if you go back and read from the beginning of the posts on this thread.

You and your spouse can have 6 or more if you have documents like Council Tax, Gp letter, Building society, bank statements, Telephone statements and electricity statements. It could be 2 or 3 years and could be joint or separate letters - if separate it must be addresed to the same address where both you and your spouse lives. And it starts from when you begin to receive the documents.

I was granted my FLR in October but I know the form you checked and filled using a proxy name would have been updated by the time you are due for your FLR. I'll advice you wait until 2 or 3 months before the expiration of your visa to start checking forms to be filled. Don't bother yourself on FLR form now but bother more on and start preparing to gather the documents you will need and money to spend for the FLR application when the time comes - 2023 is around the corner.

Your spouse has to register your name on the Council Tax bills by calling and informing them to add your name so that both of you will be receiving the tax bills as soon as your spouse is able to call.

I did not register my TB certificate with the GP when I arrived here, maybe things have changed now but my spouse called the GP and I was given an appointment to register with the GP. It was after I registered with the GP that I received a letter of appointment to do another TB test which I did then. Your spouse need to call the GP so you can book appointment, it may probably be online.

Since your BRP states that the visa is Valid until 1st May 2023. Then your visa is expiring on 01 May 2023, then you can apply from 28 days before the expiration of your visa. But try and read the posts from the beginning on this thread and you will find them helpful. Thank you.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by oxygyne(m): 10:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
Happy new year to everyone, we pray for a blissful year.

Please can someone point me in the right direction on bank statements.

I have official bank statements sent to me monthly (e-copies) which I download and save, so they have the dates they were sent to me which would be e.g July 2020, August 2020, etc..

My question is can I use these statements which show print dates e.g 11 July 2020 for July, 12 August 2020 for August, and so on up to December 2020 (the one for December will be within 28 days rule), or do I need to have the bank issue new 6-months statements which I believe will all show a single date (e.g January 2020 since the bank will send to me this month).

I hope I am making sense...lol
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by ronvlaar: 10:29am On Jan 06, 2021
Happy New Year guys..
A quick one pls, I've paid to renew my spousal visa last week and was redirected to another site to book an appointment but there were no dates at all (due to the current conditions). But the thing is, I haven't received any form of communication from HO in regards to uploading of my docs.
When do you think I should expect to hear from them?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2021
oxygyne:
Happy new year to everyone, we pray for a blissful year.

Please can someone point me in the right direction on bank statements.

I have official bank statements sent to me monthly (e-copies) which I download and save, so they have the dates they were sent to me which would be e.g July 2020, August 2020, etc..

My question is can I use these statements which show print dates e.g 11 July 2020 for July, 12 August 2020 for August, and so on up to December 2020 (the one for December will be within 28 days rule), or do I need to have the bank issue new 6-months statements which I believe will all show a single date (e.g January 2020 since the bank will send to me this month).

I hope I am making sense...lol

Is it a bank statement for the months you need? Yes.

So It won’t matter even if the print date is 1 October 1960.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2021
ronvlaar:
Happy New Year guys..
A quick one pls, I've paid to renew my spousal visa last week and was redirected to another site to book an appointment but there were no dates at all (due to the current conditions). But the thing is, I haven't received any form of communication from HO in regards to uploading of my docs.
When do you think I should expect to hear from them?

The site that allows you book the appointment should have an upload facility. I’m sure you’re using the sopra steria system, that’s where I uploaded.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by ronvlaar: 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2021
Yes, it's the sopra steria system but it doesn't even have the option to upload. The moment I paid, I was redirected and I setup my account and the next thing was for me to book an appointment which wasn't available at all.

The site that allows you book the appointment should have an upload facility. I’m sure you’re using the sopra steria system, that’s where I uploaded. [/quote]
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by oxygyne(m): 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Is it a bank statement for the months you need? Yes.

So It won’t matter even if the print date is 1 October 1960.

I am thinking more about the 28 -days rule ....
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Divine88: 10:37pm On Jan 06, 2021
ronvlaar:
Yes, it's the sopra steria system but it doesn't even have the option to upload. The moment I paid, I was redirected and I setup my account and the next thing was for me to book an appointment which wasn't available at all.

The site that allows you book the appointment should have an upload facility. I’m sure you’re using the sopra steria system, that’s where I uploaded.

New appointment dates are updated at 12 midnight every day. I will advise you check then.
When you finally book an appointment. The upload system will be available for you. ��
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2021
oxygyne:

I am thinking more about the 28 -days rule ....

The bank statements must be within the last 28 days of the submission of your application. If you don’t have a paper form of a statement within 28 days, check your mobile and export a statement or call your bank and request for.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (30) (Reply)

White Couple Sitting Dangerously On A Bike In Ikeja / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Aircraft Parked Along Oshodi-Anthony Expressway In Lagos. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.