Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,496 members, 7,812,532 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) (78518 Views)

UK Spouse Visa Application 2018 / UK Spouse Visa Refused Under 320 (11) For Obtaining University Degrees/appeal- / Need Help Or Advice About Uk Spouse Visa. From Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 9:14am On Nov 05, 2020
deept:

congratulations, ILR should be same docs+ life in the UK test

Wait so we will start collecting docs again for the next .5 years for the ILR? Lol. This is stressful sha grin
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Divine88: 9:40am On Nov 05, 2020
[quote author=Aphrodite007 post=95709590]

Wait so we will start collecting docs again for the next .5 years for the ILR? Lol. This is stressful sha grin
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deept(m): 9:51am On Nov 05, 2020
Aphrodite007:

no be we carry ourselves come, wetin we go do now?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deebaby05(f): 11:07am On Nov 05, 2020
I thought you need to do the B1 for ILR. Is the Life in the UK test not for Naturalisation and citizenship application? Which i learnt you can do that anytime b4 the Naturalisation application because it doesn't have an expiry date. From my findings, you need B1 for ILR application and Life in the UK for naturalisation/citizenship application.

Pls enlighten me, can you use the Life in the UK test for both ILR and naturalisation? If yes, then that's good, not that one will do B1 and then do Life in the Uk test again, all these tests sef.

deept:

congratulations, ILR should be same docs+ life in the UK test
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 11:37am On Nov 05, 2020
Life in the UK test is mandatory for ILR. Once done, it never expires hence can be used for naturalisation.

You can do the test now self if u want cheesy

deebaby05:
I thought you need to do the B1 for ILR. Is the Life in the UK test not for Naturalisation and citizenship application? Which i learnt you can do that anytime b4 the Naturalisation application because it doesn't have an expiry date. From my findings, you need B1 for ILR application and Life in the UK for naturalisation/citizenship application.

Pls enlighten me, can you use the Life in the UK test for both ILR and naturalisation? If yes, then that's good, not that one will do B1 and then do Life in the Uk test again, all these tests sef.

2 Likes

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 11:40am On Nov 05, 2020
I heard you went in the morning and back to the UK in the evening all same day shocked

Aphrodite007:

It’s on the Nigerian high commission website. But you are expected to fill the form and make your payment on the Nigerian immigration website (the NHC website will tell you).

Currently there’s a backlog at the NHC. They should be answering people that paid for July/Aug now, which means you will have to wait a bit till it’s your turn to do your application. Normally if it’s your turn, it will take a month.

I went to Nigeria to get my passport done cos I couldn’t wait but now, flights have been grounded cos of the virus, so you may not be able to leave the Uk. Sorry.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deept(m): 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2020
deebaby05:

you need the life in the UK test to apply for both the ILR and naturalization. But if you do it once, it will cover for both since i does not expire

You need to prove your english proficiency for all applications, don't know which english proficiency test you need to do because i never used test but it is required at all stages. i used Naric for spouse and FLR (same one) and i plan to use it for my ILR in next year, na application money i dey try gather now. Donations are welcome smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by TK10Lee: 1:59pm On Nov 05, 2020
Congratulations to Lamakinde and tayeby78. I got the decision letter last Friday that my application has been granted. My BRP arrived today. I applied in June with the documents stated on this thread. You all are doing a great job with this thread. Thanks to everyone that has contributed. To those still waiting - yours will surely come and we shall celebrate with you all. Once again, thank you very much.

3 Likes

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2020
Bourne007:
I heard you went in the morning and back to the UK in the evening all same day shocked

You people will not kill me on this app grin

Even if na winch I be, I no fit return the same day na grin

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deebaby05(f): 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2020
Yes, you are right cos i read on an immigration site that for ILR application, you need to present both B1 test of English and the Life in the UK test.

You are funny about donations ooo, me with my batallion need more than donations ooo, we need humanitarian aid abi na gofundme sef go good? Lord help us all! ������� We'll get there. Immediately after i applied for the FLR, i started saving monthly using Loqbox and moneybox, don't want to start panicking close to that time and i need discipline else one thing or the other will keep taking the money out of my account.

deept:

you need the life in the UK test to apply for both the ILR and naturalization. But if you do it once, it will cover for both since i does not expire

You need to prove your english proficiency for all applications, don't know which english proficiency test you need to do because i never used test but it is required at all stages. i used Naric for spouse and FLR (same one) and i plan to use it for my ILR in next year, na application money i dey try gather now. Donations are welcome smiley

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lamakinde(m): 9:56pm On Nov 05, 2020
Congrats @Tayeby, I told you it will surely come.

tayeby78:
Got the decision letter today that it has been granted. Applied in July with the documents stated on this thread. Hubby and I wrote a letter each stating how our lives have changed in the last 2.5 years. You guys are doing a great job with this thread. Thanks for everyone that has contributed. Yall are the real MVP!!!
Please can someone point us in the direction of ILR so we can start collating evidence again ejo. Thanks in advance

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2020
deebaby05:
Yes, you are right cos i read on an immigration site that for ILR application, you need to present both B1 test of English and the Life in the UK test.

You are funny about donations ooo, me with my batallion need more than donations ooo, we need humanitarian aid abi na gofundme sef go good? Lord help us all! ������� We'll get there. Immediately after i applied for the FLR, i started saving monthly using Loqbox and moneybox, don't want to start panicking close to that time and i need discipline else one thing or the other will keep taking the money out of my account.

I like that idea of saving towards it. Before we reach that time and you hear that the fee is now 4K per person grin Shame is no longer catching them, they have seen desperate cows to milk grin

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Monmarri: 6:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
Pls house does it mean that that the person that studied French language in the university and was also taught in English language and have medium of instruction letter from the university can not apply for Naric?

Pls I need help. I just got this information from Naric after uploading, I have not even paid, just for me to click on track applicatio

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 8:28pm On Nov 07, 2020
If NARIC has said that it's not possible, I will advise you look at other options. Unless you can prove beyond doubt that you were taught in English.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english

Are you switching or extending?

Monmarri:
Pls house does it mean that that the person that studied French language in the university and was also taught in English language and have medium of instruction letter from the university can not apply for Naric?

Pls I need help. I just got this information from Naric after uploading, I have not even paid, just for me to click on track applicatio
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Monmarri: 10:59pm On Nov 07, 2020
Bourne007:
If NARIC has said that it's not possible, I will advise you look at other options. Unless you can prove beyond doubt that you were taught in English.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english

Are you switching or extending?

Switching
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 1:50pm On Nov 08, 2020
How did you meet English requirements for current visa you are on? Can't the same be used?

Monmarri:

Switching
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Monmarri: 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2020
Bourne007:
How did you meet English requirements for current visa you are on? Can't the same be used?

Sorry I didn't really get it. Switching or extending. This is first spousa visa application.

My partner degree certificate is not acceptable by Naric bc she studied French language. We are looking at the options of her writing exams .

Please can you recommend the exams that she can do and I want to ask if the exam is difficult to pass. Kindly advise. Many thanks
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2020
If she's currently on a visa then she's switching to spousal.

Please look at https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-English to know which exam to write

I didn't write exam as I always used my UK degree so can't tell if difficult or not.

Monmarri:

Sorry I didn't really get it. Switching or extending. This is first spousa visa application.

My partner degree certificate is not acceptable by Naric bc she studied French language. We are looking at the options of her writing exams .

Please can you recommend the exams that she can do and I want to ask if the exam is difficult to pass. Kindly advise. Many thanks
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Monmarri: 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2020
Bourne007:
If she's currently on a visa then she's switching to spousal.

Please look at https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-English to know which exam to write

I didn't write exam as I always used my UK degree so can't tell if difficult or not.

Thank you for your time
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Monmarri: 4:03pm On Nov 08, 2020
IELTS A1 and B1 Asstiance with Test of English

Please any that have done the IELTS exam for spouse visa should kindly put me through. My partner wants to process for the exam. Naric rejected her application bc she studied French language. Please dear house kindly put me through the process. Thank you. I also want to confirm if the exam is difficult or easy so that she prepares well. Thank you
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deebaby05(f): 5:46pm On Nov 08, 2020
I beg Aphrodite007 no keee me with laugh oooo, infact my belle dey pain me with laugh. Dem no kukuma get shame at all, nothing concern them but to suck all the suckables anyhow but i dey beg everything and every beggables, make e no reach 4k per person, na serious gbege be dat oooo for me and my ducklings 4x£4k =£16k ahhhhh Godforbid the devil. Ha ha ha ha ha but come ooo is it every year they increase the fees?

Aphrodite007:

I like that idea of saving towards it. Before we reach that time and you hear that the fee is now 4K per person grin Shame is no longer catching them, they have seen desperate cows to milk grin

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 10:11am On Nov 09, 2020
Monmarri:
IELTS A1 and B1 Asstiance with Test of English

Please any that have done the IELTS exam for spouse visa should kindly put me through. My partner wants to process for the exam. Naric rejected her application bc she studied French language. Please dear house kindly put me through the process. Thank you. I also want to confirm if the exam is difficult or easy so that she prepares well. Thank you

I’m sorry, please no vex. I just have a question:

If the exam is hard, will you now tell her not to write it?I’m just curious o, no vex.

Anyway, all the answers you need as to whether hard or easy or the needful process can be found on google and YouTube. You can easily google past questions or watch videos where people discuss the exams. Most people here have UK degrees or did courses that Naric could convert, so it will be hard for you to find answers.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deept(m): 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2020
See what I found:

A migrant applying for indefinite leave to remain in the UK must pay £2,389. The cost to the Home Office of processing an ILR application is £243 — so the fee is set at ten times higher than the actual administrative cost. A Tier 2 work visa for someone working in a “shortage occupation”, where the UK is desperate for workers, has an administrative cost of £127 but is charged at up to £928.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/immigration-nationality-application-fees-2020-21/#:~:text=A%20migrant%20applying%20for%20indefinite,than%20the%20actual%20administrative%20cost.

Home office dey use us balance UK budget

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 1:20am On Nov 16, 2020
deept:
See what I found:

A migrant applying for indefinite leave to remain in the UK must pay £2,389. The cost to the Home Office of processing an ILR application is £243 — so the fee is set at ten times higher than the actual administrative cost. A Tier 2 work visa for someone working in a “shortage occupation”, where the UK is desperate for workers, has an administrative cost of £127 but is charged at up to £928.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/immigration-nationality-application-fees-2020-21/#:~:text=A%20migrant%20applying%20for%20indefinite,than%20the%20actual%20administrative%20cost.

Home office dey use us balance UK budget

grin
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2020
Hi hi.. i hope we are all well and safe..

Congrats to all who got their extensions and in advance to those already planning for ILR..

Please can y'all still share the docs submitted because it helps others yet to apply know when there are additional docs that are now required.

Thanksssssss...
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
ahhhhh nawa..... this is absurd.. i wonder what this will be by 2022 when i'm due for FLR

Aphrodite007:
Hi @lamakinde

Is it right to be charged 1560 for the IHS of the flr(m) visa?

The same website says that it’s 400 per year. And the flr(m) is for 2.5 (right?), so I expected that I would pay £1000, not this £1560 that I’m seeing.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by oxygyne(m): 9:22pm On Nov 20, 2020
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by oxygyne(m): 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
tayeby78:
Got the decion letter today that it has been granted. Applied in July with the documents stated on this thread. Hubby and I wrote a letter each stating how our lives have changed in the last 2.5 years. You guys are doing a great job with this thread. Thanks for everyone that has contributed. Yall are the real MVP!!!
Please can someone point us in the direction of ILR so we can start collating evidence again ejo. Thanks in advance

Congrats, be an MVP as well by sharing a redacted copy of your support letter please. We can use a draft..

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lamakinde(m): 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2020
If you work in the Health care sector, please try to apply for your refund as long as you worked between March 2020 to October 2020. See caption below. You are eligible for 200 pounds and also able to claim another six months later.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-health-surcharge-applying-for-a-refund

Aphrodite007:
Hi @lamakinde

Is it right to be charged 1560 for the IHS of the flr(m) visa?

The same website says that it’s 400 per year. And the flr(m) is for 2.5 (right?), so I expected that I would pay £1000, not this £1560 that I’m seeing.

2 Likes

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deebaby05(f): 12:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
@Lamakinde
Thanks a lot for this.This is why this forum is da bomb!!! I no waste time at all, i have applied for me and my 3 dependants grin grin. I sure hope they come thru unlike the scam they pulled saying free 1 year visa for NHS and healthcare workers meanwhile they already pegged the free visa for just 3,000 people so na first come, first served.

Lamakinde:
If you work in the Health care sector, please try to apply for your refund as long as you worked between March 2020 to October 2020. See caption below. You are eligible for 200 pounds and also able to claim another six months later.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-health-surcharge-applying-for-a-refund

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by tayeby78: 10:15pm On Nov 23, 2020
Will post our support letter here in due course.

Please Lamakinde have you received your BRp yet? Its been over 2 weeks and hubby hasn't received it yet and he has emailed and called the.. how long did yours take after you got the approval letter/email?

deebaby05:
@Lamakinde
Thanks a lot for this.This is why this forum is da bomb!!! I no waste time at all, i have applied for me and my 3 dependants grin grin. I sure hope they come thru unlike the scam they pulled saying free 1 year visa for NHS and healthcare workers meanwhile they already pegged the free visa for just 3,000 people so na first come, first served.

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lamakinde(m): 5:38am On Nov 24, 2020
@Tayeby78, mine came in less than a week. The email came on Saturday while BRP arrived on Friday thereabout.

tayeby78:
Will post our support letter here in due course.

Please Lamakinde have you received your BRp yet? Its been over 2 weeks and hubby hasn't received it yet and he has emailed and called the.. how long did yours take after you got the approval letter/email?

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (30) (Reply)

Entry To Delta State Blocked. No Movement ( Photos) / Bus Conductor Sanitizes Passengers Before Boarding Danfo Bus (photo) / White Couple Sitting Dangerously On A Bike In Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.