Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) (78891 Views)

UK Spouse Visa Application 2018 / UK Spouse Visa Refused Under 320 (11) For Obtaining University Degrees/appeal- / Need Help Or Advice About Uk Spouse Visa. From Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deept(m): 1:06pm On Jan 23, 2022
spiceymma:
Good day .

I thought so too. But see the highlighted on the attachment .

Cheers, not seen that before
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2022
profemebee:
this is new to me.. i came in 3rd of Oct 2019 and thought i can only apply 28days to the expiry date on my BRP card (June 2022)

hmmmmmm

the way the rules change..

It's not a change of rule. It's been the case for spousal route, I'd wager since it became 5 years to get ILR. 2012 or thereabouts
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 3:00pm On Jan 23, 2022
profemebee:
Thanks for bringing this up..

I came in to get my BRP in Oct 2019 and went back to Nigeria to wrap up work officially, and fully got back to the UK at the end of Dec 2019.

i. Do i need to explain all these? hope no issues with that?

ii. I guess my 30months started the moment i came in Oct 2019?

Hmmmm...to be honest, I am not sure how your case will be treated. I don't want to lead you down the wrong path.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 3:44pm On Jan 23, 2022
spiceymma:
Good day .

I thought so too. But see the highlighted on the attachment .

Nice of you to dig this out.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2022
thanks for the knowledge

Please anyone in this thread been away from the UK for a while (less than 180days) and still got spousal visa extension approved? how did you explain it in the application?

newbie715:

Hmmmm...to be honest, I am not sure how your case will be treated. I don't want to lead you down the wrong path.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by spiceymma: 6:47pm On Jan 23, 2022
We sure learn everyday . �

newbie715:

Nice of you to dig this out.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by abubarakat: 11:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
I went to Nigeria with family and we stayed for 2 weeks (2018) Also, I went to Australia for work related stuff for 2 weeks and came back with a month or two left on my spouse visa (2019).

I explained in the section where you are asked to declare your absences away from the UK. I basically stated i was away on family holiday and work related travel. In total, it was about 31 days.

I got the visa extension - late 2019.

profemebee:
thanks for the knowledge

Please anyone in this thread been away from the UK for a while (less than 180days) and still got spousal visa extension approved? how did you explain it in the application?

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 11:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
Thanks for the response.

The reason i asked was because i wanted to confirm if it was ok to explain i went to Nigeria for over 50days to round up on my work projects and do proper handover (my previous job role).

abubarakat:
I went to Nigeria with family and we stayed for 2 weeks (2018) Also, I went to Australia for work related stuff for 2 weeks and came back with a month or two left on my spouse visa (2019).

I explained in the section where you are asked to declare your absences away from the UK. I basically stated i was away on family holiday and work related travel. In total, it was about 31 days.

I got the visa extension - late 2019.

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by abubarakat: 11:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
I think you will be fine as long as you explain and quote the dates you were away.

profemebee:
Thanks for the response.

The reason i asked was because i wanted to confirm if it was ok to explain i went to Nigeria for over 50days to round up on my work projects and do proper handover (my previous job role).

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 1:56am On Jan 31, 2022
hi, pls i have 3 more questions:

1. During the supporting documents process, there is a part to upload the proof of ID for the owner of the property you're renting.. how does one manage a scenario where the house is managed by real estate agents with the landlord not actively involved?

2. If one has a P45 from a previous year (previous job) and then a P60 from the most recent year before renewing spousal visa, does one still have to upload the P45? or just the P60?

3. I read on earlier posts here that 'TB certificate isn't needed' for the spousal visa extension. However, if i have a letter for the full treatment of latent TB (from NHS), do i need to upload the letter?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 2:04am On Feb 01, 2022
profemebee:
hi, pls i have 3 more questions:

1. During the supporting documents process, there is a part to upload the proof of ID for the owner of the property you're renting.. how does one manage a scenario where the house is managed by real estate agents with the landlord not actively involved?

2. If one has a P45 from a previous year (previous job) and then a P60 from the most recent year before renewing spousal visa, does one still have to upload the P45? or just the P60?

3. I read on earlier posts here that 'TB certificate isn't needed' for the spousal visa extension. However, if i have a letter for the full treatment of latent TB (from NHS), do i need to upload the letter?

The key to a successful application is providing the required documents without going overboard.

1. Because we own I have never had to do this but I imagine that this is not peculiar to you. I doubt that landlords hand over their IDs willy nilly to tenants for visa applications. It sounds like what you describe applies when you are living with family? Inlaws perhaps? I'd say a tenancy agreement should suffice or if it makes you more comfortable, ask for a letter from the agency in addition stating you live there and add to it. Do you have council bill in your name?

2. The P60 and P45, are these for proof of address or proof of income. For income, a letter from your employer stating your ​gross salary, length of service with the company, type of employment and job title with stamped and signed payslips should suffice. The P60 is recommended but not mandatory. I have never submitted P60. A lot of times, salary increases even make the P60 obsolete as details no longer match. Have a look at the earlier pages for documents successful applicants submitted.

3. I'd say leave it out. Except I am missing something, I don't see the need to include your latent TB treatment details. It's not a requirement as far as I am aware. You already reside here, you have been treated for it. I fail to see how it applies to the application except to potentially open up other issues.

My advice is don't overthink the application. Cheers.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 12:53am On Feb 02, 2022
thanks for the responses.

newbie715:

The key to a successful application is providing the required documents without going overboard.

1. Because we own I have never had to do this but I imagine that this is not peculiar to you. I doubt that landlords hand over their IDs willy nilly to tenants for visa applications. It sounds like what you describe applies when you are living with family? Inlaws perhaps? I'd say a tenancy agreement should suffice or if it makes you more comfortable, ask for a letter from the agency in addition stating you live there and add to it. Do you have council bill in your name?

we don't stay with anyone.. just us.. and yes the council bill is in our names only.. we will get a letter from the agent as advised.. thanks

2. The P60 and P45, are these for proof of address or proof of income. For income, a letter from your employer stating your ​gross salary, length of service with the company, type of employment and job title with stamped and signed payslips should suffice. The P60 is recommended but not mandatory. I have never submitted P60. A lot of times, salary increases even make the P60 obsolete as details no longer match. Have a look at the earlier pages for documents successful applicants submitted.

I was thinking of using it for sponsor/employment documents, and yes you're right about salary increases not making P60 match. However, i thought that won't matter as only 6 months payslip will be submitted to meet the minimum income requirements.

3. I'd say leave it out. Except I am missing something, I don't see the need to include your latent TB treatment details. It's not a requirement as far as I am aware. You already reside here, you have been treated for it. I fail to see how it applies to the application except to potentially open up other issues.

Thanks.. leaving it out

My advice is don't overthink the application. Cheers.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Ade22olu: 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2022
Hi all
I hope you are all well. I would be grateful if anyone could advice on our financial requirement for my husband's FLR.
He doesn't earn up to 18600 a year but I met the requirement without the need to combine our incomes. The only problem is I am currently on Maternity leave since October and I know I can furnish payslips and employers letter prior to starting maternity leave which would be okay but just wondering if it is worth including my husband's income as the currently the main earner. The problem again is he changed his job in September 2021. If I provide my payslips prior to October( start of ML), do we need to provide his payslips and employers letter prior to October too.
Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 2:35pm On Apr 25, 2022
hi hi,

It has been a minute..

I have a question please...

What UK Home office address or title was used in the official letters coming from your employer stating your employment, payslips verification, length of employment, etc??

In the initial spousal visa application, the UK Home office Sheffield address was used in the letters from sponsor's employer, but i'm not sure if it should be the same address in the letters for the FLR M extension too..

Thanks for anticipated responses.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 8:50pm On Apr 25, 2022
Someone will probably come along and give you the official address but personally, I never really bothered with it. Mine was always addressed to 'To Whom It May Concern' and it was never a problem with getting visas.

profemebee:
hi hi,

It has been a minute..

I have a question please...

What UK Home office address or title was used in the official letters coming from your employer stating your employment, payslips verification, length of employment, etc??

In the initial spousal visa application, the UK Home office Sheffield address was used in the letters from sponsor's employer, but i'm not sure if it should be the same address in the letters for the FLR M extension too..

Thanks for anticipated responses.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 10:34pm On Apr 25, 2022
thanks for the quick response.

newbie715:
Someone will probably come along and give you the official address but personally, I never really bothered with it. Mine was always addressed to 'To Whom It May Concern' and it was never a problem with getting visas.

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 6:36pm On Apr 29, 2022
hi everyone

I went back to page 1 to re-read everything again as it is almost time for my FLR M extension..

1. The bolded statement is new to me.... i thought i could just use the same hardcopy documents from the initial spousal visa application..

Did anyone who has successfully done their FLR M extension use same hardcopy documents or one has to re-order a re-printed service from NARIC as stated in Bold?

2. My HR is already sending mails about my initial spousal visa expiring early next month, and asking when i will get it renewed. Has anyone recently paid for Super priority? How fast in recent times is standard wait time for an FLR M extension? £800 is a lot of money sad

3. Is paying for an appointment date earlier still a thing? or i can pay for a convenient date when i submit my application online? i intend to use the one in Croydon.

Thanks for anticipated answers

Alohetij:
Hi All,

I submitted my application on Friday 13th September using super priority service. Got an approved email today (16th September).

For anyone this might help, I used NARIC for my initial application from Nigeria. All I had to do now was order a reprint service from NARIC using exact documents I used in 2016.

Documents submitted:

My passport & BRP
Hubby & daughter's passport
Daughter' birth certificate
NARIC certificate
Degree certificate
Marriage Certificate
Hubby payslip
Hubby letter from employer
Hubby's 6 months bank statement
Title deeds of our house
Mortgage statement
Council tax bill
Random selection of bills and letters received for the past 2 years (It was plenty o.. lol)

I paid for scanning service so wasn't bothered.

I wish everyone yet to apply all the best.

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 8:00pm On Apr 29, 2022
Right...my advice is to submit your application online ASAP if your spouse visa is expiring early next month. Getting a date for your biometrics can be up to 3 or 4 weeks away from when you submit.

For your questions:
1. When I got my initial spouse visa, we were still allowed to use Nigerian certificate with a letter from your school stating your degree was thought in English. By the time I applied for FLR, one needed NARIC as a letter from the school was no longer enough *massive eye roll* so I got NARIC in 2018 for FLR and used the same certificate for all other applications after that so I don't see any need for requesting anything from NARIC again (never even heard that before)

2. I am not sure how long the std wait time is currently but if you don't intend to travel and don't want to part with the cash for super priority, then when you submit, HR can use your submission details to confirm from Home Office that you have a pending application and you can keep working until your FLR is out but I suspect you also need to have done biometrics before Home Office will respond (not 100% sure on this now, I have forgotten)

3. Not as far as I know, you can't get an earlier appointment, when you check on the portal, you see available dates and times and pick from those, if you see no availability then you wait till midnight because the portal refreshes then and presents new appointments

All the best

profemebee:
hi everyone

I went back to page 1 to re-read everything again as it is almost time for my FLR M extension..

1. The bolded statement is new to me.... i thought i could just use the same hardcopy documents from the initial spousal visa application..

Did anyone who has successfully done their FLR M extension use same hardcopy documents or one has to re-order a re-printed service from NARIC as stated in Bold?

2. My HR is already sending mails about my initial spousal visa expiring early next month, and asking when i will get it renewed. Has anyone recently paid for Super priority? How fast in recent times is standard wait time for an FLR M extension? £800 is a lot of money sad

3. Is paying for an appointment date earlier still a thing? or i can pay for a convenient date when i submit my application online? i intend to use the one in Croydon.

Thanks for anticipated answers

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 10:43pm On Apr 29, 2022
thanks for the quick response

i had similar opinion around the UK Naric too, though yours is a bit different as you freshly ordered just before your FLR M. however, i'm assuming you used it for your ILR too... Congrats on that if you've gotten ILR.

HR is giving me double jeopardy as they they want to see the new BRP asap, and i'm surely not traveling.. will need to think it thru Or wait to see if anyone updates with their timeline here for a standard process time and make a decision..

newbie715:
Right...my advice is to submit your application online ASAP if your spouse visa is expiring early next month. Getting a date for your biometrics can be up to 3 or 4 weeks away from when you submit.

For your questions:
1. When I got my initial spouse visa, we were still allowed to use Nigerian certificate with a letter from your school stating your degree was thought in English. By the time I applied for FLR, one needed NARIC as a letter from the school was no longer enough *massive eye roll* so I got NARIC in 2018 for FLR and used the same certificate for all other applications after that so I don't see any need for requesting anything from NARIC again (never even heard that before)

2. I am not sure how long the std wait time is currently but if you don't intend to travel and don't want to part with the cash for super priority, then when you submit, HR can use your submission details to confirm from Home Office that you have a pending application and you can keep working until your FLR is out but I suspect you also need to have done biometrics before Home Office will respond (not 100% sure on this now, I have forgotten)

3. Not as far as I know, you can't get an earlier appointment, when you check on the portal, you see available dates and times and pick from those, if you see no availability then you wait till midnight because the portal refreshes then and presents new appointments

All the best

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 12:13am On Apr 30, 2022
Yes, I used the same NARIC certificate for my ILR and for naturalisation as I just got my passport a few months ago and I have never heard anyone talk about reprinting, maybe the poster lost the initial certificate?

Your HR really should not be requesting your new BRP. What they need to request is proof of your right to work which they can access by confirming your submission details with Home Office using this link https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration-employment-status. My employer had to do that when my spouse visa expired and I was awaiting FLR and when I joined a new company when I was waiting for ILR. Some employers can be funny about it so you need to prioritise your online submission.

profemebee:
thanks for the quick response

i had similar opinion around the UK Naric too, though yours is a bit different as you freshly ordered just before your FLR M. however, i'm assuming you used it for your ILR too... Congrats on that if you've gotten ILR.

HR is giving me double jeopardy as they they want to see the new BRP asap, and i'm surely not traveling.. will need to think it thru Or wait to see if anyone updates with their timeline here for a standard process time and make a decision..

2 Likes

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Alohetij: 3:15pm On May 04, 2022
I had to do a reprint for my first renewal after arriving in the UK as the initial one was over 2years old. Maybe I could have used the same but I didn't see anyone who did it and I wasn't ready to take the chance.

For ILR and naturalisation, I used the same NARIC certificate.

newbie715:
Yes, I used the same NARIC certificate for my ILR and for naturalisation as I just got my passport a few months ago and I have never heard anyone talk about reprinting, maybe the poster lost the initial certificate?

Your HR really should not be requesting your new BRP. What they need to request is proof of your right to work which they can access by confirming your submission details with Home Office using this link https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration-employment-status. My employer had to do that when my spouse visa expired and I was awaiting FLR and when I joined a new company when I was waiting for ILR. Some employers can be funny about it so you need to prioritise your online submission.

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 11:32pm On May 04, 2022
thanks for the confirmation.

The certificate retrieved during your first renewal would have been over 2years as you used same for ILR and naturalisation.. so i'm good

Congrats on that.. great news

Alohetij:
I had to do a reprint for my first renewal after arriving in the UK as the initial one was over 2years old. Maybe I could have used the same but I didn't see anyone who did it and I wasn't ready to take the chance.

For ILR and naturalisation, I used the same NARIC certificate.

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 11:33pm On May 04, 2022
Thanks for the response.. hopefully my HR will understand.. congrats on your ILR & naturalisation.. great news

newbie715:

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 10:22pm On May 15, 2022
Quick question please..

There is a Proof of Identity/Travel History field in the upload supporting documents section which requests for a Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport..

For those who have successfully applied while renting, what did you upload?

Not all landlords will drop an ID document.. how will i manage this situation?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by abubarakat: 9:23pm On May 18, 2022
This must be new as I didn't come across it when I was doing my renewal in 2019.

It feels strange that they would ask people to upload a copy of the landlord ID and i dont think landlords will be willing to give out their ID to tenants willy-nilly. I want to believe a letter from the landlord giving his/her consent on your continous stay and a valid tenancy agreement should be sufficient.

profemebee:
Quick question please..

There is a Proof of Identity/Travel History field in the upload supporting documents section which requests for a Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport..

For those who have successfully applied while renting, what did you upload?

Not all landlords will drop an ID document.. how will i manage this situation?

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 2:58am On May 22, 2022
Thanks for the response

abubarakat:
This must be new as I didn't come across it when I doing my renewal in 2019.

It feels strange that they would ask people to upload a copy of the landlord ID and i dont landlords will be willing to give out their ID to tenants. I want to believe a letter from the landlord giving his consent on your continous stay and a valid tenancy agreement should be sufficient.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by tosine: 12:36am On May 31, 2022
Hi Guys,

I am about to apply for my indefinite leave to remain in the UK. I intend using the priority service. I just want to confirm if there is a priority service or only the super priority service is available. I read some where that they have both. Priority takes 5 working days and the super takes 24 hours is it true?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Bourne007(m): 11:28am On May 31, 2022
If I recall my last application last August, there were standard and super priority service. I do not recall seeing priority service but if there is, the difference is £300 checking online.

You should see these options when you are about to pay for application fee.

https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement

tosine:
Hi Guys,

I am about to apply for my indefinite leave to remain in the UK. I intend using the priority service. I just want to confirm if there is a priority service or only the super priority service is available. I read some where that they have both. Priority takes 5 working days and the super takes 24 hours is it true?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2022
Hi hi, please quick questions from the flr m online application questions..

1. "How long has your partner had British citizenship"...

If your spouse was born in Nigeria, and British citizen by descent, i.e. parents are British due to being born in the UK, and applied for the citizenship for the spouse when the spouse was younger as the citizenship can be passed to one generation, which is the answer?

a. By Birth or b. Date citizenship obtained?

If b is the answer (i think it should be a), what date is then the Date citizenship obtained?

I thought Date citizenship obtained applies to those who got citizenship from naturalisation for example..

2. Is FLR M spousal visa extension a Settlement or Family visa?

I ask because in the initial spousal visa application, the Type of visa & Purpose of Application was Settlement while I see online that Spousal visa is part of the Family visa..
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2022
profemebee:
Hi hi, please quick questions from the flr m online application questions..

1. "How long has your partner had British citizenship"...

If your spouse was born in Nigeria, and British citizen by descent, i.e. parents are British due to being born in the UK, and applied for the citizenship for the spouse when the spouse was younger as the citizenship can be passed to one generation, which is the answer?

a. By Birth or b. Date citizenship obtained?

If b is the answer (i think it should be a), what date is then the Date citizenship obtained?

I thought Date citizenship obtained applies to those who got citizenship from naturalisation for example..

2. Is FLR M spousal visa extension a Settlement or Family visa?

I ask because in the initial spousal visa application, the Type of visa & Purpose of Application was Settlement while I see online that Spousal visa is part of the Family visa..

1. By birth
2. Settlement
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by profemebee(m): 6:43am On Jun 03, 2022
thanks for the clarification

newbie715:

1. By birth
2. Settlement
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by tosine: 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2022
Hi,

Is it possible to upgrade my standard ILR application to super priority. I submitted my application using standard payment before I realised that I wanted a super priority.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Nigerians Living In Cyprus / Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown / Study In France - Process And Enquiries Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.