Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) (78719 Views)

UK Spouse Visa Application 2018 / UK Spouse Visa Refused Under 320 (11) For Obtaining University Degrees/appeal- / Need Help Or Advice About Uk Spouse Visa. From Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Realgeo(m): 11:57pm On Jan 01, 2018
foxyvisa:
Good day house & @lexusgs430. Please did any UK employer request for a police report/history for immigration in Nigeria before giving employment? Will be leaving Nigeria soon for the UK and hubby insists on getting police report from Police HQ before leaving for work purposes in UK.

I don't need police report from naija. It's a waste of money. Just pack ur bag and come to uk.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by tayeby78: 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
Hi,

My husband has called council today to ask for his name to be on the council tax but they said he can't since his name is not on the mortgage. Do we need this to apply for the next stage and if so what can I do to get both our names on the council tax and the bill as proof of cohabitation?

Also, our house address is not showing up on the DVLA records. I think it's because it's a new built. How do I get our address to show for the purpose of driving licence and insurance?

Many thanks for your prompt reply always.

Portsmouth86:
Hi there

This is what I did for my husband and his arrival in the UK, just to give a heads up of what you may need to do next smiley

My hubby arrived in the UK on Saturday 13th February

08/02/2016 Council Tax- I informed them as soon as I booked his flight (8th Feb) and advised what date he would be moving to the UK
15/02/2016- Went to the post office to collect BRP (Biometrics residents permit)
15/02/2016- Called Electricity, Southern Water and Portsmouth water and also called National Insurance line made application
16/02/2016- SSE (Electricity issued a bill) this was a PDF online bill I used as proof of address
17/02/2016- Opened NatWest Bank account and registered with GP
18/02/2016- I did my husband a CV and we went to the agencies and registered for work.
18/02/2016- Appointment with Lloyds Bank to open a Joint Savings account.

22/02/2016- FPR recruitment asked hubby to come in for a health and safety test PASSED cheesy
23/02/2016- Hubby started his first job in the UK in a bakery, and is still there smiley (and did SIA security training, now awaiting the licence)
24/02/2016- Applied online for a provisional Licence
02/03/2016- D/L application arrived pre filled, signed returned with BRP card
15/03/2016- BRP returned from DVLA ( I knew a licence is issued as the ref is a DL number smiley
16/03/2016- Provisional Arrived smiley

So in a nutshell:
-Council tax
-Collect BRP
-National Insurance
-Electric company
-Gas company ( if you have)
-Water company (both fresh and waste)

Then once you have a letter from one of the utilities or council tax:
-Bank Account
-GP
-Dentist (my husband hasn't yet registered with one smiley )

useful information:
NI number:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number call 0345 600 0643 Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (make sure you state he has been offered a job but requires a NI number) they will ask why you need one although obvious, however you can actually work for up to 12 weeks without an NI number smiley this is issued now by the jobcentre Plus not DWP

You need to get proof of address before you can open a bank account or register with a GP, so make sure those are the first things, check your billing dates for utilities as you could time it to get a bill the following day, as i called the day before my bill was due to be generated (luckily)

Driving Licence ( international licence can be used for 12 months from entering UK)
https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provisional-driving-licence

And make sure you file any letters for Joint or single names for your next stage FLR as you need to provide proof of cohabitation smiley

I hope this helps smiley
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Isommex: 8:30pm On Jan 23, 2018
Hello everyone how are we doing and hope everyone is settling well. Pls can people list good website to hunt for job for people who just arrive from nija with no UK experience. Thanks.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lexusgs430: 10:23pm On Jan 23, 2018
tayeby78:
Hi,

My husband has called council today to ask for his name to be on the council tax but they said he can't since his name is not on the mortgage. Do we need this to apply for the next stage and if so what can I do to get both our names on the council tax and the bill as proof of cohabitation?

Also, our house address is not showing up on the DVLA records. I think it's because it's a new built. How do I get our address to show for the purpose of driving licence and insurance?

Many thanks for your prompt reply always.

Your name does not have to be on the mortgage deed to register for council tax payments......

I am assuming the new build was purchased using a mortgage, how would the bank release funds if address is not on a database?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lexusgs430: 10:38pm On Jan 23, 2018
Isommex:
Hello everyone how are we doing and hope everyone is settling well. Pls can people list good website to hunt for job for people who just arrive from nija with no UK experience. Thanks.

www.axitro.com
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Demoore(m): 9:35am On Jan 25, 2018
If you’re around Manchester area and you need a quick Data Entry/Customer service role paying £10/hr, get in touch. I’ll try and help (no guarantees)

3 Likes

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lamakinde(m): 10:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
Demoore:
If you’re around Manchester area and you need a quick Data Entry/Customer service role paying £10/hr, get in touch. I’ll try and help (no guarantees)

Nice one

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 9:57am On Jan 28, 2018
Realgeo:

Haven't u gotten ur NI number till now? Doesn't sound nice. Take heart, got mine within 2 weeks.

Happy new year to you and everyone i guess this is my first login in 2018
My dear the council tax thing was war before i got it so annoying got rejected in several places at the NI office i was told they had no right to reject me becos in my mind i said story just give me my NI let me go my hubby was upset about it.
After prayers they finally mailed it recently my husband said bunch of lazy people after paying that amount of money. Lol.

My dear living on salary alone in uk isnt it into other businesses extra streams of income.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2018
Hi everyone happy new month.
Finally got my NI number early last month (January) after a long phewww!!!! lipsrsealed
We have 4 more weeks of winter counting my days. Lol.
Hope everyone is doing great? And our febbies you are
WeLCOME TO THE UK DONT FORGET TO GET AND REGISTER YOURSELF AND DOCUMENTS.
One advice if you cant get a job immediately, try doing voluntary work that will help your cv and more chances of getting a job.
Trying volunteering @"citizens advice" its a an office voluntary service they give public advice in different areas

You can work in different areas including admin and customer service till you able to get a paid job.
They do free training too that will help boost your Cv and skills.

Ogalexus how you doing long tym.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Isommex: 4:07am On Feb 04, 2018
@joyful girl do u think citizen advice is easy to get in to for voluntary. Guys on this forum are a bit quiet.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lexusgs430: 6:51am On Feb 04, 2018
joygirl2017:
Hi everyone happy new month.
Finally got my NI number early last month (January) after a long phewww!!!! lipsrsealed
We have 4 more weeks of winter counting my days. Lol.
Hope everyone is doing great? And our febbies you are
WeLCOME TO THE UK DONT FORGET TO GET AND REGISTER YOURSELF AND DOCUMENTS.
One advice if you cant get a job immediately, try doing voluntary work that will help your cv and more chances of getting a job.
Trying volunteering @"citizens advice" its a an office voluntary service they give public advice in different areas

You can work in different areas including admin and customer service till you able to get a paid job.
They do free training too that will help boost your Cv and skills.

Ogalexus how you doing long tym.

I dey o my Sister...... Hope the cold is still bearable?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 5:23pm On Feb 06, 2018
Isommex:
@joyful girl do u think citizen advice is easy to get in to for voluntary. Guys on this forum are a bit quiet.

Yes it is,...
Give them a ring all they will ask you questions , send you an email and form you fill, they will do DBS check on you go for interview then you do training. There are different departments pick the one that might help you use to attach to your CV to enable you get a job.
People are quiet is becos people aren't chatting byt it would be good if we all chat at evening time after work day and weekends.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 5:27pm On Feb 06, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I dey o my Sister...... Hope the cold is still bearable?

Its been snowing here.. Working in several places. Counting the days for spring to begin wish i was in Nigeria enjoying the sun lol.

Hope the chat here can keep moving best time for me to chat is from 8pm and weekends.
Though i have been chatting with some of us in my set if you remember on whatsapp some doing well.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2018
Isommex:

Indeed is another good site that was where i got job appointments and upload your CV on their site
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 11:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hi ya in case you looking for more detailed list for next application please kindly get your pen and paper start joting.

FLR (M) DOCUMENT LIST FOR EXEMPTION.

SECTION 1

FLR (m) Application form
Print out of appointment booking
Print out of priority booking payment
Print out of IHS payment.
Applicant passport
Applicant 2x Passport pictures (name clearly wrote on the back)
Sponsors Passport
Sponsor 1x Passport picture (name clearly wrote on the back)
English test certificate A2 as minimum (IELTS LIFE SKILLS or TRINITY SELT)
IF YOU are EXEMPTED FROM ENGLISH TEST YOU DO NOT NEED AN ENGLISH TEST

SECTION 2 RELATIONSHIP PROOF

Marriage certificate and translation
Divorce papers (if applicable)
ALL Childrens birth certificates
childrens full passport copy
supporting letter(optional)

Proof of cohabitation

Gas & electric bills Work Pension Letters NI number letter
Council tax bills Driving licence Medical Card
Water bills CRB check Dental appointment letters
Bank statements HMRC Doctors letter
Vet Letters Bank Statements
Sky Letters O2 Phone Bills

Remember to have 3 joint sources of letters and bills minimum. 1 from each year from each source. In total 6 or more

If using single. 3 sources each minimum. 1 from each source for each year. In total 12

SECTION 3 INCOME

Sponsors Benefit award letters (Carers Allowance, Child Benefit, Tax Credits Income support, ESA, Job seekers
6 months bank statements (last one within 28 days)
If working
6 months wage slips (last one within 28 days, wage calculated AFTER tax)
Contract of Employment
Letter from Employer (within 28 days)

If both sponsor and applicant work include the above for both as income can be combined to meet adequate maintenance.

SECTION 4 ACCOMMODATION

If Renting
Tenancy Agreement.
Letter from Housing association
Recent Council tax bill (to show weekly/mothly payments)

OR

Mortgage statement
Land registry/Property inspection report(within 3 months old)
Recent council tax bill

If applying premium service (same day decision)

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service-centres/overview

IF EXEMPT REMEMBER YOU MUST MEET ADEQUATE MAINTENANCE WHICH DEPENDS ON THE RATES OF INCOME SUPPORT FOR A COUPLE, THE AMOUNT PAYABLE FOR EACH CHILD YOU HAVE AND A FAMILY PREMIUM.
AT PRESENT (2017) FOR A COUPLE WITH 1 CHILD THE AMOUNT OF ADEQUATE MAINTANENCE IS £199.20.
THE RATE USUALLY CHANGES EACH APRIL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Benuromi: 10:40pm On Feb 15, 2018
I think you don't hv to write another English for UK spouse visa extension. That is if you wrote PTE ( Pearson). I need to confirm this as my friend is going with his wife next week for spouse visa extension and will use her old pte she used to applied the first spouse visa application in Nigeria.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 10:45am On Feb 17, 2018
Benuromi:
I think you don't hv to write another English for UK spouse visa extension. That is if you wrote PTE ( Pearson). I need to confirm this as my friend is going with his wife next week for spouse visa extension and will use her old pte she used to applied the first spouse visa application in Nigeria.

Ok find out and lets know the outcome
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 5:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
I can't believe how much time has gone since I moved back here in July 2015
So, I applied for FLR M last month and I'm still waiting for their decision.
Feels weird not to have a status and I have to keep waiting.
The wait should be over this week/next week I pray! (Amen) Can I hear a resounding AMEN!

Thought I should share my time, I will come back to update.

Application Type : FLR(M) - 2nd extension
Application Posted on: 10 Feb 18
Postal or In Person Application: Postal
Documents received by HO: 12 Feb 18
Documents signed for: 12 Feb 18
Payment taken: 13 Feb 18
Application deferred for further checks (in person app): N/A
Acknowledgement Received on: Received 15 Feb 18 dated 13 Feb 18
Biometric Letter Received: Received 20 Feb 18 dated 16 Feb 18
Biometrics Enrolled on: 21 Feb 18
Decision of Application: Pending
Date of Decision: Pending
Documents Received on: Pending
BRP Card Received: Pending

2 Likes

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 10:31am On Mar 22, 2018
Hi phardey,

Time really flies. How have you been?

I plan to apply for my FLR soon but it will be in-person application.

Could you please share the documentation you submitted.

Many thanks

phardey:
The wait should be over this week/next week I pray! (Amen) Can I hear a resounding AMEN!

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 4:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
Its best you apply in person.
Also start looking for appointment 45 days before you want to apply. I Couldn't find any dates available in Croydon and Solihull and time was running out. I had to send it via post.

Below are the documents.
FLR (m) Paper Application form
Applicant passport
Applicant 2x Passport pictures
Sponsors Passport
Sponsor 1x Passport picture
BSC Degree from London South Uni

Marriage certificate
Two Children's birth certificates
Two Children's full passport
Letter from our GP and school confirming I attend GP appointments with the kids

Proof of Co-habitation
Gas Statement
Electricity bills
HRMC Letter
Bank Statement
Council Tax Bills
NHS Letters
Talk Talk Bill
Bank Letters

Proof of Income
We used my income only. I earn above the required funds
6 months wage slips (last one within 28 days)
Letter Employment
Letter from Employer (within 28 days) confirming I still work there, my salary, My NI, Address and etc

Accommodation
Tenancy Agreement in hubby's name
Letter from Housing association addressed to hubby
Recent Council tax bill in both names

My hubby's and kids passports were returned within a week.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Benuromi: 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2018
Please, did you make copies for all your original document as well?

phardey:
Also start looking for appointment 45 days before you want to apply. I Couldn't find any dates available in Croydon and Solihull and time was running out. I had to send it via post.

Below are the documents.
Applicant passport
Sponsors Passport

Marriage certificate

Proof of Co-habitation
Gas Statement
Electricity bills
HRMC Letter
Bank Statement
Council Tax Bills
NHS Letters
Talk Talk Bill
Bank Letters

Proof of Income
Letter Employment
Letter from Employer (within 28 days) confirming I still work there, my salary, My NI, Address and etc

Accommodation
Letter from Housing association address to hubby

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by blza: 7:45am On Mar 25, 2018
Glad this thread has been setup. We will be doing my husband’s FLR(M) at some point this year.

I have been trying to calculate when that will be. I need help please. We intend to do the face to face submission (priority) .

Please I need advice on:
1; The earliest we can do face to face application
2; The latest we can do face to face application
3; The earliest and we can d postal application
4; The latest we can do postal application.

My husband arrived UK on March 27 2016
His visa is expires 18 Nov 2018.

I want to start early to ensure we get all the stuff needed on time. I also hear the priority appointment can be difficult to get.

Look forward to your responses.

Thank you.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 9:26am On Mar 26, 2018
phardey:

Below are the documents.
Applicant passport
Sponsors Passport

Hi sorry please can you explain the bank letters a bit thanks

Marriage certificate

Proof of Co-habitation
Gas Statement
Electricity bills
HRMC Letter
Bank Statement
Council Tax Bills
NHS Letters
Talk Talk Bill
Bank Letters

Proof of Income
Letter Employment

Accommodation
Letter from Housing association address to hubby

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 9:32am On Mar 26, 2018
[quote author=joygirl2017 post=66164571][/quote]

Hi can you explain the bank letters a bit what bank letters er you submitted asides 6months bank statement.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 9:38am On Mar 26, 2018
blza:
Glad this thread has been setup. We will be doing my husband’s FLR(M) at some point this year.

I have been trying to calculate when that will be. I need help please. We intend to do the face to face submission (priority) .

Please I need advice on:
1; The earliest we can do face to face application
2; The latest we can do face to face application
3; The earliest and we can d postal application
4; The latest we can do postal application.

My husband arrived UK on March 27 2016
His visa is expires 18 Nov 2018.

I want to start early to ensure we get all the stuff needed on time. I also hear the priority appointment can be difficult to get.

Look forward to your responses.

Thank you.

According to what i read 3months to apply by the visa expires.
If you read the other guy thread above he advises to apply 45 days by post
Priority application takes one day to get results thats face to face
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 9:46am On Mar 26, 2018
phardey:

I pray everything goes well for you
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2018
Oh I forgot.
I made copies of everything too.

Benuromi:
Please, did you make copies for all your original document as well?

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
I included the letter I got when I opened accounts for my kids
I also letters from the bank about change in interest rates too

joygirl2017:

Hi can you explain the bank letters a bit what bank letters er you submitted asides 6months bank statement.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 4:02pm On Mar 26, 2018
If you want to use premium (In person) you need to check for days 45 days to the date you want them to consider your application
Its very difficult getting dates. Like I said I gave up as I was running out of time and I sent in my application. I didn't know I had book for the premium service 45 days days ahead.
You can pick a date within the last 28days of his visa expiration.

For postal applications
You have to send the applications within 28days too.
The application date is the date on the post office receipt.
Also its best to send with Special Delivery.

joygirl2017:

According to what i read 3months to apply by the visa expires.
If you read the other guy thread above he advises to apply 45 days by post
Priority application takes one day to get results thats face to face
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2018
Amen! Thank you

joygirl2017:

I pray everything goes well for you
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2018
phardey:
I included the letter I got when I opened accounts for my kids
I also letters from the bank about change in interest rates too

Thank you so much �
God save me would have thrown out all those letters i better go and file them where i keep the rest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Aircraft Parked Along Oshodi-Anthony Expressway In Lagos. See Photos / Nigerians Living In Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.