Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? (26045 Views)

Pastor David Ekwueme Celebrates Wife Who Agreed To Marry Him When He Had Nothing / Husband Takes Back Cheating Wife Who Got Pregnant For Her Boss - Man Recounts / Ugandan Man Dies After Bumping Into Wife Who Claimed She Traveled Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by MrPIE(m): 7:53am On Jul 28, 2016
My baby chikito from the down town side
She dey charge me up when i get no bar
Motivate me any time i feel so down
I cannot forget all your sacrifice
Ise lo s’omo nu bi oko cool
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by coolviv: 7:54am On Jul 28, 2016
Drew0:

I go die for the two of them

Naaahh....If you can save only one?
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by quivah(f): 7:55am On Jul 28, 2016
5minsmadness:

But he threw the first punch by wishing her ill. He provoked her just because she didn't agree with his ideals. That wasn't right either.
yes, it wasn't right.. but all the discussion on this thread are plainly assumptions.
you say you would rescue your mum first(do you wish to be in such situation in the first place)

and I don't expect her to go all that insulting, I'm very sure she went aggressive because the guy wrote ; I pray you marry a Man that loves his mother more than you

they have been discussing this matter of 'who will you save first' and she never threw insults, until he mentioned the emboldened.

Dont be deceived, we know her type...she would rather be saved than her husband's mum.
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by redcliff: 7:55am On Jul 28, 2016
midolian:
hmmm..but some wives no be like that o. Though another mum can never be gotten while another wife can.. but mama don old na. Why u no go allow flood end her suffering for ds world? #justasking grin grin

Big question this is. Hahahaaha.. Most of them wld like her to let her parents die in this situation. That is when you ll be hearing sweet words like "honey, remember the times we have spent together..remember the kids"... Mehn, An average human being is selfish. cheesy

Its a very dilemic situation. We should pray we dont find ourselves in such positions
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by redcliff: 7:56am On Jul 28, 2016
midolian:
hmmm..but some wives no be like that o. Though another mum can never be gotten while another wife can.. but mama don old na. Why u no go allow flood end her suffering for ds world? #justasking grin grin

Big question this is. Hahahaaha.. Most of them wld like her to let her parents die in this situation. That is when you ll be hearing sweet words like "honey, remember the times we have spent together..remember the kids"... Mehn, An average human being is selfish. cheesy

Its a very "dilemic" situation. We should pray we dont find ourselves in such positions
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by cheekyleggy: 7:56am On Jul 28, 2016
5minsmadness:

Thank you!

Look at all of them talking as if the wife is an invalid, a helpless person that can't take care of herself. If she was a widow or a single mom nko, she won't survive and rescue her own kids? Na wa for some people.

Women want equal rights as men but can't take some responsibility. They sit back, eat fat and expect men to do everything for them while still expecting to be respected. Many fail to tell fellow women the truth out of emotions, forgetting the mother he is saving is a woman like us and one day we will also get old.

1 Like

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by cheekyleggy: 7:57am On Jul 28, 2016
quivah:

Lol
mother they be praising online ; n50k/month
olosho dey been cussing online ; n30k/week
girlfriend dey been doubting online ; 200k iphones plus day by day other stuffs
drinks and SK; 50k or more

their mothers is indeed the world to them.

cheesy cheesy
the irony
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by paschal47(m): 7:57am On Jul 28, 2016
kikelomojessy:

Your mum is also a wife. Is ur dad complaining of her being disloyal?
sister, ladies of then and now cannot be compared
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by quivah(f): 7:58am On Jul 28, 2016
5minsmadness:

So she was fit enough to not only save herself and the kids, but some cash as well. And you still think she needed saving?

grin
who would want to stay with such a man? her security even worse that of her children ain't guaranteed .abegi!!
if it was just her, no wahala.. but left alone to save herself and the kids, biko.

she needs the cash to further save herself and her kids after the flood na. wink

2 Likes

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Maximus85(m): 7:59am On Jul 28, 2016
cheekyleggy:

You are just irrational and lazy in thought.
My mother won't live with me in my matrimonial home so the issue of leaving him to die will not arise. But in a n Emergency situation, he is not a weakling and would be expected to be fit, not to help himself alone but also others.

Children would be saved, then the elderly and thereafter the tired middle aged ones.

The index story even proves it all. The wife was safe and so were her children and the mother too. It all requirea common sense which most of u av failed to have. Just being emotional and spitting what the 'bible' says about your wife.

Did you answer my direct questions?
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 28, 2016
Saving My Wife First.She's Gat A Lot Of Destiny To Fulfill Yet,Mum Is Done With Hers

1 Like

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by cheekyleggy: 8:02am On Jul 28, 2016
quivah:

yes, it wasn't right.. but all the discussion on this thread are plainly assumptions.
you say you would rescue your mum first(do you wish to be in such situation in the first place)

and I don't expect her to go all that insulting, I'm very sure she went aggressive because the guy wrote ; I pray you marry a Man that loves his mother more than you

they have been discussing this matter of 'who will you save first' and she never threw insults, until he mentioned the emboldened.

Dont be deceived, we know her type...she would rather be saved than her husband's mum.

It would be the greatest privilege of your life to know me.
I won't dignify you with more responses.
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by asahnwaKC: 8:04am On Jul 28, 2016
Drew0:
Is this even question?my mama wen I love die? I never fit love girl pass my mum before. She is too wonderful and special, she treated me well, she was always there for me, she gave everything I wanted, she always agreed with my decisions, she prayed for me, she never scolded me she only advised me, she prayed for me when i was sick, held me in her arms, she would give me brrakfast in bed, she advised me when i had my first gf at 16 to be wise, she is more than a mother to me she is my best friend, she is very playful with me and she is very beautiful, she is very gentle and calm, *tears* she is getting old now thou 50 years, but I'm scared cause time flies I wish I would never lose her to death when she is old, I wish I can make her live forever. Will never see a woman to replace ma mum, I would die for her anytime any day with no regrets.

Oh mama, *lots of love* love u vewi much

Wow...guy's and their mother...what a touching words.
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by sweetilicious(f): 8:04am On Jul 28, 2016
ogorwyne:
He asked them to climb the roof now. Probably felt d wife could handle that till he got back. What of mama that cannot climb or who might even be alone? I just pictured his mama being so helpless. I don't know what ran through his head, or why he made that decision, but so many stuffs are going through my own head.

Modified
The woman already left before he got back with his cash, this means she could help herself too na. But I know she must have felt so bad, I would too.
Yeah. He can't save them both the same time. And he tried by securing the roof top for them. He could have drowned trying to save his mother too. But this one is so difficult.

1 Like

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by eyinjuege: 8:06am On Jul 28, 2016
quivah:

you probably didn't read the op, they had kids with them.

the wife ran off with some cash afterwards probably pained that she was left all alone to rescue the kids.
we all can just talk and talk here, no body knows what he/she would do in such situation. its the man I feel sorry for right now.

If they had kids with them, then he should have ensured their safety first.

No woman wants a man that her children can't rely on in times of difficulty. She was left alone with the responsibility of the children's safety in the face of danger. She might not have been able to handle more than one child in that circumstance.

She must have felt like a single parent, and decided she might as well be one hence her leaving I guess.

It was a tough call for the man too, but I personally would save my children first. Most spouses should be able to handle themselves provided they're in good health.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by cheekyleggy: 8:06am On Jul 28, 2016
Maximus85:

Did you answer my direct questions?

If you can't get your reply from what I posted, you are too unintelligent for me to continue a conversation with.

Have a great day.
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by quivah(f): 8:08am On Jul 28, 2016
cheekyleggy:

It would be the greatest privilege of your life to know me. I won't dignify you with more responses.
you can't say I'm wrong. and @highlighted Lol yes because you are who again? I'm very much Ok with the Lil have known already, I don't want any headaches.
I wish you well madam.
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by oloyede252(m): 8:09am On Jul 28, 2016
quivah:

truly if a man is faced with picking you or his parent,, it better be the parent.
with this uncouth mouth of yours, any man knows better than to live in regret of a lousy and nagging woman, when he had the chance of erasing you completely in an instance.

you could have just passed your message politely, all I could read were rants of a frustrated woman, it made your message full of crap and inconsistencies . Just chill, nobody is wishing you unwell here, no need to throw tantrums around.

and yes we know, you would join him to save his mother while your kids are left to fend for themselves.. we know your type.. just imagine all this insults in your post to one man, strong aggressive woman.

PS; I am already imagining the loads of insults I will get... so I won't be surprised.
madam what your problem.so if a woman doesn't agree with you does it mean the woman is frustrated..you gat issues..its you kind of woman that expect your husband to do everything for you as if you are handicap.

1 Like

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by amila20042001: 8:10am On Jul 28, 2016
Tenkobos:
The people slamming him would do worse if they find themselves in such situation. I really don't know what makes online people think they have opinion in everything.

Are u offline?
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 28, 2016
coolviv:

Naaahh....If you can save only one?

I no know o but I'm sure at that point mum would want her grand son to live.
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Tenkobos(m): 8:12am On Jul 28, 2016
amila20042001:

Are u offline?
Yes
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by eyinjuege: 8:12am On Jul 28, 2016
sweetilicious:
Yeah. He can't save them both the same time. And he tried by securing the roof top for them. He could have drowned trying to save his mother too. But this one is so difficult.

Young children cannot climb the rooftop by themselves o, and it would be difficult for any adult man or woman to help more than one child climb the rooftop. It's not enough to secure a rooftop( how do you secure one btw?)
The main work is getting the children up the roof.
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by WiseFool2(m): 8:13am On Jul 28, 2016
Aren't we forgetting something here? The report says he abandoned his wife and children. This isn't just about two women. He abandoned his wife and the kids.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 28, 2016
asahnwaKC:

Wow...guy's and their mother...what a touching words.

smiley
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by coolviv: 8:17am On Jul 28, 2016
Drew0:

I no know o but I'm sure at that point mum would want her grand son to live.

Hmmm but she wouldn't really want her daughter-in-law to live?
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Luckymay(f): 8:18am On Jul 28, 2016
hungryboy:
I no dey carry my Mama play oh
No matter wetin I do for my wife, she fit run leave me one day, but my Mama, Na My Mama till I die.
What if you were to choose between your mum and your kids? Who would you save first?
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by quivah(f): 8:18am On Jul 28, 2016
oloyede252:
madam what your problem.so if a woman doesn't agree with you does it mean the woman is frustrated..you gat issues..its you kind of woman that expect your husband to do everything for you as if you are handicap.
Mr oloyede, I am not the one arguing with the woman, so we have nothing on ground to agree on. however,I'm sure because you guys are on the same page, her insults are well acceptable abi... if it was the other way around, you would've kept shut or even added salts to the injury..that's how nl works
its your kind of men that are very foolish to believe any thing any body says so far its in agreement with your opinion.

and Lol, I am not a kid who needs my husband to do everything for me, same can't said for you husbands(big babies) can it? however there were real kids in the op's situation who were left alone. I do not fault the man, nobody knows what he/she would in such situation...not even the woman you are trying to defend. so anybody's opinion on this matter is just trash!
but few sane people will know its the kids first!!even that woman throwing tantrums around knows this.

PS; yes! she came like a frustrated person..

2 Likes

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by 4christ4life: 8:19am On Jul 28, 2016
I can see why women love their children more than their husbands. if it was a woman who chose her parents over a man. I know and trust men saying she ain't a good wife. you see life. men you make your wife act the way she is to you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 28, 2016
coolviv:

Hmmm but she wouldn't really want her daughter-in-law to live?
. Ask her
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by coolviv: 8:23am On Jul 28, 2016
Well, in all...people say they can marry another wife but can not get another mother. By that same thought,I wonder, would you let your children die because you can have another child or other children? Let's keep it real...may God not let someone see a bad situation as both lives are valuable to you and should not be taken lightly...just like choosing between saving one of two children of yours.

I think he believed his wife could take care of herself and went for his beloved mother after securing his beloved wife.

Let there be peace..

1 Like

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Gkemz: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2016
Very difficult decision to take at such a critical moment. Inasmuch as i will try my possible best to save both but if saving both is impossible, since blood is thicker than water, I'd go for mum and come back for wife. Without mum, there wouldn't be anything like me but without her there would still be wife.
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by jahsharon: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2016
The man can get another wife, the woman too can get another husband and bear more children. But, can the man get another mother?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Are You Coping With The Current Economic Situation? / 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe / Grandmothers Breastfeeding Their Grandchildren: Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.