Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

20 Muslim Inventions That Shaped Our World - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 20 Muslim Inventions That Shaped Our World (2790 Views)

HOT: See Top 5 Muslim Inventions That Changed The World (read More) / Creationism :our World Was Populated By One Incestuous Family / 20 notable Inventions By Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Muslim Inventions That Shaped Our World by kilo4sure: 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
Demmzy15:
OK, sha don't present points from there when you're in a discussion with me, if not I'll disgrace you!
But you Muslims go to antichristian websites to present materials against Christianity, why the double standard? If wikiislam is wrong,prove them wrong. Truth is truth no matter where it is found. And those Muslim websites you guys enjoy reading, l hope you are open minded enough to cross check their facts and lies? Or you just believe everything they say because you want to believe?

1 Like

Re: 20 Muslim Inventions That Shaped Our World by Demmzy15(m): 10:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
kilo4sure:

But you Muslims go to antichristian websites to present materials against Christianity, why the double standard? If wikiislam is wrong,prove them wrong. Truth is truth no matter where it is found. And those Muslim websites you guys enjoy reading, l hope you are open minded enough to cross check their facts and lies? Or you just believe everything they say because you want to believe?
Everyone here(Muslims and Christians alike) use baised sources that cannot be denied. But what cannot be accepted is when you present a known anti islamic site as a source. We might copy some of their arguments, but presenting the site solely as a source doesn't make any sense.

Many of us are bible readers, you don't have to go to Antichristian website to know how absurd Christianity, if you have common sense, it'll ring a bell to you. So don't get me wrong bro, you can present points from there, no problem but dont make a statement and when we ask for sources you then post "wikiislam".... Oh common, that's lame!
Re: 20 Muslim Inventions That Shaped Our World by parisbookaddict(f): 11:31am On Jul 31, 2016
Demmzy15:
OK, sha don't present points from there when you're in a discussion with me, if not I'll disgrace you!

calm down jihadist. i dont consider you worth a valid opinion

1 Like

Re: 20 Muslim Inventions That Shaped Our World by Demmzy15(m): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
parisbookaddict:

calm down jihadist. i dont consider you worth a valid opinion
Yeah true, because at sighting me you begin to shake and crumble.

1 Like

Re: 20 Muslim Inventions That Shaped Our World by parisbookaddict(f): 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
Demmzy15:
Yeah true, because at sighting me you begin to shake and crumble.

really? is that what angel jibril revealed to you.
Re: 20 Muslim Inventions That Shaped Our World by najib632(m): 7:45am On Sep 12, 2016
kevoh:

The legend being referred to by Paul Vallely is expounded upon in the Coffee History, found on decentcoffee.com:

"Arabian coffee-drinking began almost 12 centuries ago (850 A.D.) when an Abyssinian goat herder named Khalid noticed that while the afternoon sun made him drowsy, his flock frolicked and skipped about after nibbling at some berries. Khalid either ate the berries whole, or ground and boiled them.

When his wife saw how energetic the normally exhausted Khalid was, she urged him to share this miraculous discovery with the local holy man at the monastery. The chief monk did not share Khalid's enthusiasm. Declaring the berries "the work of the Devil," he flung them into a fire to banish their offending presence. Soon the room filled with the delicious aroma of roasting berries, and other monks hurried in to discover the source of this new delight."
Notice above, that the passage says the goat herder named Khalid (or Kaldi as he is named in another version of the story) was an Abyssinian. Abyssinians were predominantly Orthodox Christians. In addition, there is no such thing as monasteries or monks in Islam. In fact, it is forbidden (Qur'an 57:027). Therefore, if this legend were to be true, Khalid (or Kaldi) would not have been a Muslim, but a Christian.

Also, the discovery of coffee, according to the maronite monk Antonius Faustus Naironus (1635–1707 AD), differs somewhat from the above tale. In "De saluberrima potione Cahue, seu Cafe nuncupata discursus" (1671) he writes, that a herdsman complained to the Prior of a nearby monastery in Abyssinia, that his animals could not sleep. Two monks, together with the herdsman, were sent by their superior to investigate what it was the animals were eating. They discovered coffee plants which they took back to the monastery, where they brewed a beverage from its fruits. They passed the whole night in pleasant conversation, without any fatigue.[3]
Abyssinia was conquered by Muslims for a very long time and how can someone's name be Khalid and not Muslim? u want to change history now and claim him well too bad it can't u can only convince your fellow Nigerian Christians who will not research on the topic.
Re: 20 Muslim Inventions That Shaped Our World by najib632(m): 11:00am On Sep 12, 2016
kevoh:

The basic optical principles of the pinhole are commented on in Chinese texts from the 5th century BC..[4] Both the claims, that he created intromission theory, and that he invented the pin-hole camera, are false. Intromission theory (opposing emission theory) originated in Greek philosophy, and its proponents included Aristotle, Galen, and Empedocles. Giovanni Battista della Porta (1538–1615), a scientist from Naples, was long thought to have been the inventor, due to his description found inside Magia naturalis (1558). However, the first published picture of a pin-hole camera is a drawing in Gemma Frisius' De Radio Astronomica et Geometrica (1545).[5]

While both the Latin and Arabic languages have borrowed from each other, the Latin language actually pre-dates classic Arabic (the precursor to modern Arabic) by at least 1,600 years. The term “camera” was not derived from the Arabic word “qamara”. “Camera” is a Latin word meaning a vaulted or arched space, derived from the Greek καμαρα, which refers to anything with an arched cover. The Italian word "camera", the French word "chambre", and the English word "chamber" all share the same Latin root. "Camera obscura" literally meaning a “dark room”.[6][7] The term “camera”, as applied today, was first coined by Johannes Kepler (1571–1630). The Arabic word “qamara” has almost certainly been borrowed from the Latin word "camera", and at best the similarity between the two words is a coincidence.[5]
This is why I respect al-yahood(Jews) look how intelligently he is trying to change history if actually don't read the biography your self you'll actually believe this post.
Re: 20 Muslim Inventions That Shaped Our World by kevoh(m): 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2016
najib632:
Abyssinia was conquered by Muslims for a very long time and how can someone's name be Khalid and not Muslim? u want to change history now and claim him well too bad it can't u can only convince your fellow Nigerian Christians who will not research on the topic.

I don't have time for ignorant talk.I'm not here to win arguments but to state facts, counter lies and allow discerning individuals make conclusion from my comments. So feel free to claim Khalid as a muslim for all I care. Now here are the facts:

1. Khalid/Khaleed/Khaled is an ARAB name meaning eternal, live forever, immortal e.t.c It is a name that predates Islam itself.While we have Arab muslims, there are also Christian Arabs, jews e.t.c existing with such names. It is not the sole property of Muslims. Arab does not mean muslim. Arab culture and tradition have been existing way before Islam came. Here's a thread of one of you lamenting about losing his identity to arabic naming system : https://www.nairaland.com/1184712/losing-identity-arabs

Another example, Christian arabs take the name of their god to be allah. Muslims commit atrocities screaming same allah name. Despite this, the name allah is not the sole property of muslims but Arabs themselves. Allah” is the Arabic word for “God” and has been so long before the existence of Islam.

najib632:
u can only convince your fellow Nigerian Christians who will not research on the topic.

2. How naive of you? You christians and muslims think the world revolves around you! So if I bring a counter argument to any lie posted by a Muslim, I must be christian! Kikikiki grin grin
Re: 20 Muslim Inventions That Shaped Our World by najib632(m): 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
kevoh:

I don't have time for ignorant talk.I'm not here to win arguments but to state facts, counter lies and allow discerning individuals make conclusion from my comments. So feel free to claim Khalid as a muslim for all I care. Now here are the facts:

1. Khalid/Khaleed/Khaled is an[b] ARAB [/b]name meaning eternal, live forever, immortal e.t.c It is a name that predates Islam itself.While we have Arab muslims, there are also Christian Arabs, jews e.t.c existing with such names. It is not the sole property of Muslims. Arab does not mean muslim. Arab culture and tradition have been existing way before Islam came. Here's a thread of one of you lamenting about losing his identity to arabic naming system : https://www.nairaland.com/1184712/losing-identity-arabs

Another example, Christian arabs take the name of their god to be allah. Muslims commit atrocities screaming same allah name. Despite this, the name allah is not the sole property of muslims but Arabs themselves. Allah” is the Arabic word for “God” and has been so long before the existence of Islam.

2. How naive of you? You christians and muslims think the world revolves around you! So if I bring a counter argument to any lie posted by a Muslim, I must be christian! Kikikiki grin grin

Very intelligent of you, are you an atheist?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon / CHRISTIANS ARE WORST SINNERS! / Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.