Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,449 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath (75742 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Signboard Of 4 Different Churches In The Same Building / Jude Okoye's Comment About 3 Churches In One Building (Photos) / The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Peterjay: 12:56pm On Jul 31, 2016
Proudly catholic

2 Likes

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by hardbody: 12:56pm On Jul 31, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
[size=15pt]Church of Satan nko?? undecided

Eckankar nko

Jehovah witness nko

Seventh day Adventist nko shocked[/size]

www.jw.org

For Jehovah's Witnesses.

Fast Facts—Worldwide

240—Lands where Jehovah’s Witnesses worship
8,220,103—Jehovah’s Witnesses
9,708,968—Free home Bible courses conducted
19,862,783—Attendance at the annual Memorial of Christ’s death
118,016—Congregations

Coca Kola is the closest item that has penetrated regions and homes after the JW.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
martineinstein:
with all these,nigerians are getting more hostile,worldly and barbaric.....no sign of godliness in nigerians christians......nigerians are the biggest hypocrites in d world
That's because the churches are not their to correct the ills in the society it's just money making organizations . Is it not ironic that we are one of the most religious yet among the most corrupt?
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
[size=15pt]Church of Satan nko?? undecided

Eckankar nko

Jehovah witness nko

Seventh day Adventist nko shocked[/size]
eckankar is a religion not church.

The rest are not Nigerian churches.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by emartu(m): 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
domopps:
Winners I attend.......

God of Bishop David Oyedepo works for me!

Cheeeeers

c ur life u dnt even serve YAWEH u serve d god of oyedepo do u no who oyedepo actually serve......... just askng
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by olaitoro(m): 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
dermmy:

You are a big liar, the first church started the day the Apostles were baptised with the holy ghist and 3000 people were added to that church that day after the preaching of peter. Go read Acts 2:47 or whole of Act chapter 2. Apostle paul himself took the gospel to Rome and rome was a pagan nation back then that worship idols etc

my bro, I have few questions for you, don't be baised in answering it:

what is the name of that church formed on the penticost day, after Peter's preaching?

is that church still in existence ?

which church did tha Catholic church break out from ?

which church pre exist the Catholic church?

answer those question without sentiment and bias.

shalom.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by xreal: 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2016
ionsman:
We close from church today and the next song that comes from the P. A is the soundtrack of Nobody wey no fit make am by patoranking. Is this right or wrong?

it is right, next sunday will be 'My woman, my everything' by Wande Coal and Patoranking.

.....kontinu!
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Sparkle777(f): 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nice one op. But u missed Church of God Mission. Founded by Archbishop Benson Idahosa of blessed memory. I dont think Pentecostalism would ve been the same minus him.
Others include Mike Okonkwo and many others. Tnx
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by abbeyty(m): 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
what about my church Gospel Faith mission ?
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
What about my church

PAY YOUR TITHE CHURCH (PYTC)

3 Likes

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
Handsomecole:
Proudly Roman Catholic, church found by no human other than our Lord Jesus Christ himself with Apostle Peter the Ist Pope. Over 2500 years of existence with unbroken tradition with over 4 billion worshippers around every corner of the Earth.

We are Catholics we are Proud... grin
limo

4billion worshippers when the number of Christians worldwide is not even up to 3billion

1 Like

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
emartu:

c ur life u dnt even serve YAWEH u serve d god of oyedepo do u no who oyedepo actually serve......... just askng
Some say the God of chosen, then you begin to wonder why all the separation if not for money.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by olaitoro(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
evy1:
shocked shocked shocked Today na sunday oo,when catholic church reach 4 billion worshipers?

catholic faithfuls are more than 2billion but I doubt if they are upto 4billion.

CIA factbook has current religious and church demography.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by ezigr8(m): 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
wat of church of God mission. I mean Benson Idahosa
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Stanbeto: 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
Good work weldone
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by ceedan: 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
All most all these churches were founded by Yoruba's.we most give them credit on their hard work to spread d good news of Jesus Christ to people of Nigeria and the world in general. I pray that they will not miss their reward in heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
ValentineMary:
All claim to have visions from the same deity yet they have parallel teachings. They buy private jets at the expense of their members suffering. And yet they are celebrated. For what exactly spreding a jewish myth? undecided

Shut up!!! Must you always talk. Sounding like a broken record
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Deon28(m): 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
Yoruba's and church ⛪.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by hardbody: 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
Handsomecole:
Proudly Roman Catholic, church found by no human other than our Lord Jesus Christ himself with Apostle Peter the Ist Pope. Over 2500 years of existence with unbroken tradition with over 4 billion worshippers around every corner of the Earth.

Is it by numbers?

Read Mathew 7:13;14.

I am not judging, just applying a biblical principle.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
Very surprised today to see some young boys and a lady with them, believe to be coming from church and small Bible in the hands of the lady, telling each other the "zoo must fall, Buhari is an Idiot" i think going to church is a waste.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by chubbygal(f): 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
Great Men of God!! Awesome God he is

1 Like

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Kruzilano(m): 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
Elzends:
Catholic Church..
Founder... Jesus Christ.. 2000yrs ago
1st leader.... Saint Peter the apostle
Current leader pope Francis the 1st
Has millions of lay faithfuls all over the world
#proudlycatholic#

Muslims n Anglicans oya add ur own
to add.. Francis raised to d order of papacy thru d anoiting of cardinals... Dy dont not see God's vision to become priest, they ar called, a vocation in which they will be thoroughly trained and observed for a period of 9yrs(diocesan) 10-18 yrs for religious..

2 Likes

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by UIA04(f): 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2016
Elzends:
Catholic Church.. Founder... Jesus Christ.. 2000yrs ago 1st leader.... Saint Peter the apostle Current leader pope Francis the 1st Has millions of lay faithfuls all over the world #proudlycatholic#

Muslims n Anglicans oya add ur own
Na so
You better research about your church well it follows many idolatry doctrines
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by cktheluckyman: 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
FrankTalk1:
Jesus Christ didn't found the Romans Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Church was founded in Rome by the Romans. Jesus founded THE CHURCH consisting of all Christians regardless of denomination.

Very funny!!! Which roman founded the catholic church and in what year?
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Ejefash(m): 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
Thank God for making me a chosen,I wish all chosen members heaven @ last.in Jesus name.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by EOOJ(m): 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
Why do 8 and 10 look alike grin
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by cktheluckyman: 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2016
Kruzilano:
to add.. Francis raised to d order of papacy thru d anoiting of cardinals... Dy dont not see God's vision to become priest, they ar called, a vocation in which they will be thoroughly trained and observed for a period of 9yrs(diocesan) 10-18 yrs for religious..

What point exactly are you making?
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by saintkel(m): 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
Handsomecole:

ok so Jesus Christ called His church catholic n made Peter d pope? Silly beings, d leader f d early church was not even Peter, it was James d bother of Christ

2 Likes

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by cktheluckyman: 1:21pm On Jul 31, 2016
hardbody:

Is it by numbers?

Read Mathew 7:13;14.

I am not judging, just applying a biblical principle.

It is not by numbers but the catholic church has more than just numbers!! It is apostolic in the sense that it has an unbroken link to the apostles themselves!!it is in reality the only apostolic church in the world today.Only the eastern orthodox churches comes any closer to it

1 Like

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by NICENEDU29: 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
OP, most of the Churches you mentioned are penticostal churches, and you cannot talk of penticostal churches without first mentioning ASSEMBLIES OF GOD CHURCH because Assemblies of God Church is the mother of all penticostal churches in Nigeria. It was established in the 1930s in old Umuahia in the present day Abia State, and it is the first penticostal church to exist. All other penticostal churches stemmed out from Assemblies of God Church. Moreover, although Assemblies of God Church today seems to have lost its tenet and stronghold, it was the most popular and the best in terms of true christianity and genuine practice of Godliness in years back. So please OP go and do your research well.
NOTE: I am not a member of Assemblies of God Church. Rather, I am a member of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. So dont think I am sentimental.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by ArthurADM(m): 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
ValentineMary:
All claim to have visions from the same deity yet they have parallel teachings. They buy private jets at the expense of their members suffering. And yet they are celebrated. For what exactly spreding a jewish myth? undecided

What legacy exist that we can relate to your existence?
What do you really want in life?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Apostle Okpe And His Mercedes SLK Convertible Worth N7 Million / Mbaka: Buhari's Chance Of Healing May Be Slim / "DNA Exposed Cheating Yemisi Iginla, Seduced Iginla's PA, Poisoned Iginla"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.