Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath (75934 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Signboard Of 4 Different Churches In The Same Building / Jude Okoye's Comment About 3 Churches In One Building (Photos) / The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Themandator: 2:35pm On Jul 31, 2016
ValentineMary:
All claim to have visions from the same deity yet they have parallel teachings. They buy private jets at the expense of their members suffering. And yet they are celebrated. For what exactly spreding a jewish myth? undecided

They don't have parallel teachings but different assignments.. . Some are called into the teaching ministry others...
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Aristotle96(m): 2:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
Proudly C&S member... St.Moses Orimolade is our great teacher cool
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by skondo09(m): 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2016
Handsomecole:
Proudly Roman Catholic, church found by no human other than our Lord Jesus Christ himself with Apostle Peter the Ist Pope. Over 2500 years of existence with unbroken tradition with over 4 billion worshippers around every corner of the Earth.

We are Catholics we are Proud... grin

Are other church members not christians?? If they are?, there is no need for this division
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Agbanasm: 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2016
Men are building churches instead of building kingdom , may God bless those that genuinely serving God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by hild(f): 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
I kept asking my self this question which uptil date I haven't gotten the answer. Pls if this same heavenly God told all this GOs to open a church, why didn't they ask him to unite them to preach the gospel under one name instead of differEnt churches different GOs . And keep enrichen themselves and the family.

1 Like

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by mmsen: 2:52pm On Jul 31, 2016
Handsomecole:
Proudly Roman Catholic, church found by no human other than our Lord Jesus Christ himself with Apostle Peter the Ist Pope. Over 2500 years of existence with unbroken tradition with over 4 billion worshippers around every corner of the Earth.

How does a mythical man found a church that he never visited?

Even the Bible doesn't make that claim.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by BABANGBALI: 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
Temmiedebbie how you see no 9? grin grin grin
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
All these just to tell us Jesus is Lord??

Hnm
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by donnie(m): 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
kentus123:

Are you so sure you read fully about the life and times of Martin Luther, you just quoted.
Jesus gave the authority of the church to st. Peter on whom the catholic faith is founded.
visit the Vatican and see for your self, peter is buried along side other popes at a particular tomb. thus making st. Peter the first pope. you were with the light, catholic, because of your ignorance you chose darkness.
I was of the winners, but now I am of the light, proudly catholic.

They told me all that too. According to church history, James the brother of Jesus ( not Peter) was the pastor of the church in Jerusalem. Read about the church council in Jerusalem and see the role of James in Acts 15:13-23.

Rememebr it was James who sent men who'se arrival caused Peter to withdraw from eating with Gentiles resulting in Paul's rebuke. Gal 2:12.

In Mathew 16:18 Jeus said, "...You are Peter (Greek: "petros" meaning little peice of rock) and upon this rock ( Greek: "petra" meaning a mass of rock) i will build my church.."

The rock is not Peter. The rock is the revelation that Jesus is the Christ as revealed in the previous verse (vs 17). This is the rock upon which the church is built. Refuse to be fooled.

1 Like

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by salbis(m): 3:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ekejoestar:
u av spoken according to your ignorance
Remain blessed sir.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
Who founded Catholic Church? I heard it was Jesus. Don't know how true it is. I'm a catholic and I'm loving it and I love Jesus so much too kiss
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by kenny1313(m): 3:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
Elzends:
Catholic Church..
Founder... Jesus Christ.. 2000yrs ago
1st leader.... Saint Peter the apostle
Current leader pope Francis the 1st
Has millions of lay faithfuls all over the world
#proudlycatholic#

Muslims n Anglicans oya add ur own
Christians all over the world =2.2billion,
Catholic all over the world =1.2 billion.

1 Like

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by mrBlunt(m): 3:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ijo Mimo ko le baje o Ina Jesu ko se b'omi pa Ki i s'ogbon ori la fi da a A o gb'owo lowo oyinbo rara Carpenter ni Baba ran O wu Baba lo fi i ranse Ijo Mimo ko le baje o lailai... PROUDLY CELESTIAL, HALLELUYAH!!!
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by oluxy(m): 3:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
The list is not complete without Cherubim and Seraphim Church..
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Elebiju: 3:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
mrBlunt:
Ijo Mimo ko le baje o
Ina Jesu ko se b'omi pa
Ki i s'ogbon ori la fi da a
A o gb'owo lowo oyinbo rara
Carpenter ni Baba ran
O wu Baba lo fi i ranse
Ijo Mimo ko le baje o lailai...
PROUDLY CELESTIAL, HALLELUYAH!!!
oh my God! This is a celestial oldie by Remi Olabanji but I prefer the Baba Ara version..... Ijo mimo lawawa ijo oloreofe nla lati Owo jesu, tofiran oshoffa...... Halleluyah.

1 Like

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by EkeBarry(m): 3:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
All the world here is seraph, Proclaiming the words of God....Amen
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Elzends(m): 3:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
UIA04:

Na so

You better research about your church well it follows many idolatry doctrines
Ur type has tried endlessly without success, to tear apart the Catholic Church
Nice siggy tho

1 Like

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by caracas: 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
FrankTalk1:
Jesus Christ didn't found the Romans Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Church was founded in Rome by the Romans. Jesus founded THE CHURCH consisting of all Christians regardless of denomination.
Sharap n stop exhibiting your ignorance.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Elzends(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
calabardick:

Blind follower, it's very pathetic that you don't know the history of your church.

Blind followers everywhere!
Would have looked to give you a piece of my mind, but on a second thought..........................
A textbook can be written about the origin of the Catholic Church, i just wrote the most important part .....
If you're willing to write that textbook online, go ahead
#takesaseat#
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by caracas: 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2016
dermmy:

You are a big liar, the first church started the day the Apostles were baptised with the holy ghist and 3000 people were added to that church that day after the preaching of peter. Go read Acts 2:47 or whole of Act chapter 2. Apostle paul himself took the gospel to Rome and rome was a pagan nation back then that worship idols. All the Apostles were matyred even peter whom u said was the first pope was crucified. I was fed all these lies when i was a catholic but when i started reading my bible i found the truth. Early Catholic church commited atrocities
they did everything to subvert the truth that led to killing of Jon Huss and Wycliff who went against the atrocities roman catholic church commited, they were burned at the stake. The pope made sure no body had bible so that the people won't come to the light of the truth. Thank God for Martin Luther the father of protenstanism he was the one that challenged the papal's authority and broke away.
May God forgive the ppl who deceived u into leaving the Catholic church .u were in the light now u are in darkness.
For ur info the church started the day Christ asked the apostles a question n only Peter could answer the question.Christ looked straight at Peter n said,"heaven nor earth revealed this to u but my father in heaven n so I say to u Peter u are the rock n upon this rock I will build my church n the gates of hell shall never prevail against it" .here n there Christ instituted his church today's Catholic church,n immediately Peter became the head of the church even the bible attests to this .As for your assertions that the church started the day the holy spirit descended on the apostles ,sorry u are wrong .the church were only energised n galvanized on the Pentecost day .the church existed before the Pentecost day.
What is the church u may ask?
Simply put the church is the body of Christ on earth.
The 12 apostles were the first members of the church n body of Christ.
As for ur assertions on Martin Luther king ,u should know that he was a priest n later a bishop of the Catholic church.he had nothing against the Catholic church n it's doctrine.His problem was with the pope.
He said something very derogatory about the pope,he was told to recant, he refused n was excommunicated
From the church,he never left the church,he was excommunicated.
It is instructive to note that on his deathbed Martin Luther king regretted what he did n asked for the pope's forgiveness.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by JAWBONE(m): 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
Elzends:
Catholic Church..
#proudlycatholic#

Jesus Christ did not find any church and Peter was not the first pope. There is no mention of any denomination as we know them today in the Bible. The churches were only identified by their location. e.g church in Ephesus, church in Corinth, church in Rome, church in Galatia etc
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by ScienceWatch: 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
Insulting this Holy Prophet cant work !! It is a fear based approach to verifiable truth.
Thousands of Pastors of big churches world wide are panic stricken because the miraculous work done at The Holy Scoan Church, Nigeria cannot be done by them in their churches. These Pastors are afraid, very, very afraid of their future. They dont care for the future of their people, they dont care if their people dont get healed and delivered from thier suffering. These Pastors only want keep their sinful positions.
The truth is finally out ! It is a sin for sick people to go into any church of JESUS CHRIST and go home the same.
The Holy Gospels show clearly how Jesus taught his apprentice Pastors, the training was to demonstrate the true love of God to all the people of this evil world. The Pastors have falsely blamed the peoples lack of faith for their "dead" church to shift the blame. All this is false. It is written : "Jesus healed them all." and the apprentice Pastors were train to heal them all. they did it all the time.
In the Holy Scoan Church, people of many different religions and belief systems are healed completely and medically verified.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by riczy(m): 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
Handsomecole:

Simple question pls: Hw did Jesus found Catholic? ansa pls!zo I ask another.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by ScienceWatch: 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
It is very disappointing to see how easily so called "educated" people can be fooled by the lies they read. Proper education was meant to make the student strong enough to independently verify truth.

It is very easy to see through the many lies about the Scoan church and their incredibly hard-working Prophet.
The verifiable truth from the mouth of world renown Professor Willem Ouweneel can not be changed because satanists that own the scam website called " tbjoshuawatch" want to destroy the blessed church called Scoan.

Be careful, this Holy man has kindly warned that : " Those ministers of God who go about condemning me rather than preaching the Gospel they are sent to preach, are doing themselves a great harm. The more they condemn me, the lesser their anointing become. Go round the country today and see what is happening. Those men of God who used to perform great signs and wonder have lost their anointing because of their blasphemies."
T. B. Joshua
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by caracas: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2016
JAWBONE:

Jesus Christ did not find any church and Peter was not the first pope. There is no mention of any denomination as we know them today in the Bible. The churches were only identified by their location. e.g church in Ephesus, church in Corinth, church in Rome, church in Galatia etc
Yes u are right to say that there was no name attached to the church ,cos there was no need for that.
We had just one church scattered all over the world but they were all under the apostles with the leader been st Peter .the need to name the church arose when Martin Luther king n king Henry the viii created the Lutheran n Anglican churches respectively.Thus the name Catholic (universal)was coined out as the name of that original church.

1 Like

Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Topgainer: 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
caracas:

May God forgive the ppl who deceived u into leaving the Catholic church .u were in the light now u are in darkness.

What is the church u may ask?
Simply put the church is the body of Christ on earth.
The 12 apostles were the first members of the church n body of...

fair history but then Jesus did not create any religion as a matter of fact, he practiced Judaism

@Dermmy
Roman Catholic religion is one of the best religions of the world. Has a lot of things in common with Islam which is number 2 religion after Roman Catholic. Both Religions had fought atrocious wars in the past trying to annihilate each other but failed. Just like Islam is being infiltrated by some bad eggs Roman Catholic religion had a similar infiltration by some callous individuals. When you look at both religion it is easy to see they have good intentions from the onset

Whereas, the fault finding breakaway Churches have continued to plunge into materialism, avarice and moral depravity, Choosing to worship men on suit over God, creating their own gods in men and forcing some doctrines which Jesus didn't propagate down the throats of adherents, the same things they accused Catholics of, the Roman Catholic Religion has moved on to enthrone discipline, charity, orderliness, preaching peaceful co-existence as against murderous crusades, erring pastors get sacked, pope can be removed or advice to resign, no perpetuity and man god status.
Roman Catholic Religion may not be perfect, Judaism was not as well but I still rate it a better religion than the religions created by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbin and a few others like them. BTW T. B Joshua's creation, the Synagogue is also a better religion to most of these things littered all over
Note that CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A RELIGION, It is a culture.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by caracas: 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
donnie:

They told me all that too. According to church history, James the brother of Jesus ( not Peter) was the pastor of the church in Jerusalem. Read about the church council in Jerusalem and see the role of James in Acts 15:13-23.

Rememebr it was James who sent men who'se arrival caused Peter to withdrawing from eating with Gentiles resulting in Paul's rebuke. Gal 2:12.

In Mathew 16:18 Jeus said, "...You are Peter (Greek: "petros" meaning little peice of rock) and upon this rock ( Greek: "petra" meaning a mass of rock) i will build my church.."

The rock is not Peter. The rock is the revelation that Jesus is the Christ as revealed in the previous verse (vs 17). This is the rock upon which the church is built. Refuse to be fooled.
See how u have bi n brain washed
Simple meaning u can't understand "Peter u are the rock n upon this rock I will build my church".
This was not a parable nor any figurative word it was literally spoken,cos the bible tells us that from that day Peter became the head of the apostles.
For ur info the apostles were the first members of the church.To show further that he made Peter the head Christ when he was about to suffer n die asked Peter do u love me Peter said yes then Christ said" if u love me feed my sheep n take care of my flock"
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Kingsintei(m): 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
do u kno satan himslf kip transformin to an angel of lyt? _2corinthians 11;14,_
God no longer contacts ppl on earth by means of drm,visions,or voices frm the spirit /holy Ghost.he guildes n instructs dem tru the bible,hence Jah warns us against the trick of the devil he does xo bcox he loves us h kno the demons r dangerous enemies..
I kno u beliv in miracle n wrks some of this so called men perfoms,such messages n visions seem good n helpful buh *are dey frm God*??

No dey r not, _pslam 31;5_
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by Iyoma2(f): 5:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
Elzends:
Catholic Church..
#proudlycatholic#

But Catholics are now deviating from d teachings of Christ n practising pagans style of worship, idolizing every part of their worship do u think Jesus is happy with that? God said whatever we should ask in Jesus name, but Catholics ask through Mary, saint this n dat, they even made images of adorations. They always say pray for us, does it mean they can't pray themselves except they ask saint this and that to pray for them.God forgive me I am not judging them its just an observation.Isiah 42:8.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by TheSPEAKER(m): 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nice one! We have FOURSQUARE GOSPEL CHURCH founded by AIMEE SEMPLE MCPHERSON.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by TheSPEAKER(m): 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nice one! We have FOURSQUARE GOSPEL CHURCH founded by AIMEE SEMPLE MCPHERSON, in 1922.
Re: Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath by sekundosekundo: 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2016
Elzends:
Catholic Church..
#proudlycatholic#

Jesus Christ is not the founder of Catholic and Saint Peter wasn't the first Pope, don't forget that Popes don't marry but Saint Peter was a married man. Mathew 8:14-15.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When You Try To Leave Church Before Offering Time (Funny Pic) / CAN Accuses Peak Milk Company Of Offensive Advert, Demands Apology / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.