Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? (7520 Views)

Dear Christians, Why Are Developed/educated Countries Leaving Religion? / Christians, Why Do You Hate Richard Dawkins this much? / Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by waldigit: 12:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
HardMirror:
I am shocked at the hypocrisy and lack of faith of Christians!

I have discovered beyond doubt that Christians actually don't Believe in God!

A girl had leukemia and the dad refused to follow the doctors recommendation, instead he kept his daughter at home and was believing God's report that his daughter was healed. The daughter died and everyone came for his head. Even Christians said he was a fool.

A fool for what? For believing God?
For trusting God?

A pastor dies and his pastor brother and family starts praying for his resurrection. Christians on nairaland called them fools, said he is dead and can't return. What?! Can't God raise the Dead? Did the dead bones of Elisha not raise a dead man? How much more the name of the Living Jesus Christ! Can't it raise the dead?

A man was bitten by a snake in Idu-Osun, Osun state some 10years ago. He insisted on staying in Church and praying. He died after about 6 hours in the church. I recall how everyone, including me (I was a christian then) called the man a fool. Said he was testing God?
So trusting God has become testing God?

Why do we call people fools for trusting God?
Does it mean we don't believe God can do the miraculous again?

What would be a pastors reaction if a BEHEADED person is brought to his church and he is asked to pray for the dead person to come to life?

Do we truely believe God or just playing along just in case God exists?

Makes me wonder...

When God does what we desire, nobody out of his way to raise alarm. Sun rises and set everyday nobody cares to sho goes ut in the street. We merely take these things for granted, but the moment it doesn't turn the way we want we begin to harass God.
What about all the claims of miracles. What about the dead of 7 days who came back to live. There was no official street demonstration to publicize. but the moment someone died despite prayer, or attempt to resurrect someone fails hell is let loose with name calling against God.
Does God reserve the right to act or refrain from acting at all?

1 Like

Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by freethinker01: 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
Image123:

Likely the devourer has devoured most of your cognitive faulty and ability to comprehend, it happens to many sinners.
This is quite pathetic! Is this what religion has degenerated you to Too bad bro... Just too bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by HardMirror(m): 10:40pm On Aug 04, 2016
raphieMontella:

a big fool...
Thats what most religionists are...u have no job..u keep on praying for a job
u are sick..my bible says trust in the lord...he wwill heal me...and u keep on trusting in him
u will die and knw how fa..
Jesus clearly states smthins in d bible...ask and u will receive...
He also said u wont ask for bread and he wud gv u stone..
He also said iff ur faith is as little as a mustard seed..i.e the smallest faith..u can do impossible things...

Or are u sayin jesus was wrong for saying u shud ask all these things of god?
U say one shud nt test god
pls remember moses and the egyptian magicians..

Isiah and the prophets of ball..many more places in the bible were we told confidently that we can ask god to provide our needs and it will be done...
I wonder why christians are still arguing. Are this points not enough to make a normal human think?
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by HardMirror(m): 10:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
crusadistic:

You're still a small child.Let's watch and see as you will run back and cry to God when things get tough.
Many people have died as atheists. Deal with it.
When things are tough I pray to god and after the amen I say, "Fvck you God" and smile
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by HardMirror(m): 10:44pm On Aug 04, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

This point doesn't do Yahweh any service at all

Do you know that many Yahweh believers would go to traditional gods when "things get tough"?
Exactly. Lol
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by MuttleyLaff: 6:35am On Aug 05, 2016
Teempakguy:
yeah, right. You that you are hot Christian, have you sold your properties and given them to the poor Are you not going to lay yourself treasures in heaven?
This is a careless remark centering on Matthew 19:21, done without enough thought given on who the text was addressed to.

Do not yearn for others, verses or texts intended to another

Mind you, if you dont know, the bible is a book of division,
and you're expected to carefully study it,
so as to rightly divide the word of truth therein covet
and know who verses or texts are talking about and/or referring to

Matthew 19:21 is not a panacea for all Christians or believers

Teempakguy:
And while you're at that, I hope you've never stumbled upon toolz and/or Tonto dike's bumbum on fp. Otherwise gouge out your eyes asap.
SMH. Does hyperbole mean anything to you.
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by raphieMontella: 8:24am On Aug 05, 2016
HardMirror:

I wonder why christians are still arguing. Are this points not enough to make a normal human think?
hell..jst the fear of hell...
The person who constructed hell did it so perfectly......he was a smart and great thinker
A burning hell never occured in the old testament...he/they knew that it wud entrap a greater number of minds into their fable..
Thats why christians are suprised/wonder abt atheists..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by Image123(m): 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2016
freethinker01:
This is quite pathetic! Is this what religion has degenerated you to Too bad bro... Just too bad.

Did you say degenerated? What do you know about being degenerated?
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by Image123(m): 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2016
hahn:

No be by force to comment undecided

You're talking about the man in your mirror obviously.
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by hahn(m): 2:19pm On Aug 08, 2016
Image123:

You're talking about the man in your mirror obviously.

cheesy
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by Image123(m): 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
raphieMontella:

a big fool...

But you are doing exactly that, taking statements in isolation and missing the point continually.

Thats what most religionists are...u have no job..u keep on praying for a job
u are sick..my bible says trust in the lord...he wwill heal me...and u keep on trusting in him
u will die and knw how fa..
Jesus clearly states smthins in d bible...ask and u will receive...
He also said u wont ask for bread and he wud gv u stone..
He also said iff ur faith is as little as a mustard seed..i.e the smallest faith..u can do impossible things...

Or are u sayin jesus was wrong for saying u shud ask all these things of god?
U say one shud nt test god
pls remember moses and the egyptian magicians..

Elijah and the prophets of ball..many more places in the bible were we told confidently that we can ask god to provide our needs and it will be done...

The people who received results in the Bible and who receive results consistently today do not have the same poor understanding/perspective as you do to the promises and words of Jesus/God. Paul for instance asked for something three times and did not receive it. James and John with their mum asked and did not receive, the gentile woman asked and did not immediately receive, she was even labelled a dog instead. There are terms and conditions attached, and if t=you know them you will enjoy. If you do not, you will continue in your frustrations and disappointments. Also, stop ranting, take your questions one by one.
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by CAPSLOCKED: 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2016
HardMirror:

Many people have died as atheists. Deal with it.
When things are tough I pray to god and after the amen I say, "Fvck you God" and smile
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by sonofthunder: 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
raphieMontella:
clearly stated in the new testament... Ask and it shall be given onto u... Once that request is backed by faith... Dnt gimme roundabouts a statement is a statement..
okay... but you do know the promise was given to a specific audience. *sorry for delayed response.
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by CoolUsername: 4:59pm On Aug 08, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Now you say you discovered? Lying Pastor...... I thought you said you were formerly a Pastor. So now you were no longet a Pastor hence why you DICOVERED this?

You know we know you as a liar.

Yo!

Do you know why an amputee hasn't been healed on camera?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by CoolUsername: 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2016
hahn:

Too bad. Religion creates dolts

Kinebukanaija, naijadeyhia and winner01 will definitely have something wise to say about this

Well, they'll definitely have something to say.
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by raphieMontella: 4:21am On Aug 10, 2016
sonofthunder:
okay... but you do know the promise was given to a specific audience. *sorry for delayed response.
specific audience? His disciples? Or his apostles only?? What u tryna say is that he is the god of the jews only and not of all
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by raphieMontella: 4:43am On Aug 10, 2016
Image123:

But you are doing exactly that, taking statements in isolation and missing the point continually.

The people who received results in the Bible and who receive results consistently today do not have the same poor understanding/perspective as you do to the promises and words of Jesus/God. Paul for instance asked for something three times and did not receive it. James and John with their mum asked and did not receive, the gentile woman asked and did not immediately receive, she was even labelled a dog instead. There are terms and conditions attached, and if t=you know them you will enjoy. If you do not, you will continue in your frustrations and disappointments. Also, stop ranting, take your questions one by one.
im nt taking stuffs in isolation continually...
U know why the bible is really dope?
A)nigeria will win brazil
b)nigeria will lose to brazil
c)nigeria will draw against brazil..

All in one book....
According to his will...
Why is that disclaimer not put in crusade adverts??...(customers are priceless^^^)
if it is his will...then prayer becomes useless...because as an all knowing god...he wud knw that even if u pray if it his will..it is stamped....
U might wanna say permissive will...but frm a ominipotent nd creator god perspective its all perfectly planned out...
..so what is gods will in cojoined twins?..to wretchledly poor parents
Babies born with deadly defects??..to poor parents
Babies born without vital organs like the anus etc?? Still to poor peeps...
Babies who sufffer and die frm starvation?...what an endless list...
Like the baby without an anus to poor parents...since it is not his will to magically repair the anus...the baby suffers before dieing...and he is pleased..lol
or when science takes a baby with any of those issues and solves it...are they breaking his will?(they dnt do the stuffs to gain access to his wahever)...or belittling him?...dnt say permissive will..t wont rhyme...(#whenever smtin good happens t becomes his will...when bad stilll his will..wtf?..)really ''All Loving'' and ''All Powerful''...lol
u christians belittle ur god in tryna make him fit to the present situations...
And dude..i aint ranting my dissapointments and fustrations..
Believe what u want..
Whatever i do...is by my merit...ntin else i dnt pray so i dnt see the fustrations/dis'mnts...
All m tryna do is show u that the logic behind ur christian god is flawed..
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by sonofthunder: 6:46am On Aug 10, 2016
raphieMontella:
specific audience? His disciples? Or his apostles only?? What u tryna say is that he is the god of the jews only and not of all
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by sonofthunder: 6:48am On Aug 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

specific audience?
His disciples? Or his apostles only??
What u tryna say is that he is the god of the jews only and not of all
stop trying to sound unnecessarily smart.
to those who believe/have faith in the name not seeking mockery or double minded.
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by sonofthunder: 7:07am On Aug 10, 2016
HardMirror:

with all due respect those points are suffering from 'carnality'.
Moses and Elijah weren't testing God.
have you guys ever pondered the conditions for asking? are the people asking fulfilling said conditions.
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by raphieMontella: 8:47am On Aug 10, 2016
sonofthunder:

stop trying to sound unnecessarily smart.
to those who believe/have faith in the name not seeking mockery or double minded.
m nt tryna be smart..m tellin u the plain truth...
So u mean a wretchedly poor family where a woman who gave birth to a cojoined twin and asks god to do smmtin is seeking mockery?

And a man who used his last cash even borrowed so that he can register in churches for miracle of smtin like repairing of broken spinal cord in his wife is faithless and double minded?

Well u may say so..because it doesnt afffect u...u may feel u have faith than them..or ure better than them(like kids who starve to death) because u feel god says so...if that is what u feel...u lack emotional mmaturity bro...

U twist ur bible all in the name of defending god...and in the end u make god a fool
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by HardMirror(m): 8:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
raphieMontella:

m nt tryna be smart..m tellin u the plain truth...
So u mean a wretchedly poor family where a woman who gave birth to a cojoined twin and asks god to do smmtin is seeking mockery?

And a man who used his last cash even borrowed so that he can register in churches for miracle of smtin like repairing of broken spinal cord in his wife is faithless and double minded?

Well u may say so..because it doesnt afffect u...u may feel u have faith than them..or ure better than them(like kids who starve to death) because u feel god says so...if that is what u feel...u lack emotional mmaturity bro...

U twist ur bible all in the name of defending god...and in the end u make god a fool
That's how they roll.
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by HardMirror(m): 7:39am On Dec 18, 2016
All I can say is, "I am shocked beyond words"
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by damogul: 8:18am On Dec 18, 2016
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by HardMirror(m): 7:13am On Apr 29, 2017
damogul:
Read this link guys

https://www.nairaland.com/3485930/exposing-hardmirror-tale-two-mirrors
What's your latest moniker now? grin
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
There was this Pastor who claimed to have had vision or revelation about his future number of children, even to the specific details of their names, and how to were to born in succession. He waved a sheet of white paper which he claimed he wrote the names of his children God revealed to him.
I remember clearly how I felt that day in church. It was as if God has blessed this man undoubtedly, and was standing right there behind him. I thought I felt the warm air oozing out of his big divine nostrils . I prayed for this kind of revelation so I could know my future.

Back to my Pastor... he got married, had a wife, and had a first child a boy. She had complications during birth but he refused to let her get any surgical operation only to later agree when the woman almost died. Despite all warnings to give her womb time to heal, my "firebrand" pastor had a second go at his second child... the wife died painfully after child birth.

The guy who saw his family as predestined by faith was condemned even by other pastors for exercising his faith or believing in God's vision.
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by HardMirror(m): 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
There was this Pastor who claimed to have had vision or revelation about his future number of children, even to the specific details of their names, and how to were to born in succession. He waved a sheet of white paper which he claimed he wrote the names of his children God revealed to him.
I remember clearly how I felt that day in church. It was as if God has blessed this man undoubtedly, and was standing right there behind him. I thought I felt the warm air oozing out of his big divine nostrils . I prayed for this kind of revelation so I could know my future.

Back to my Pastor... he got married, had a wife, and had a first child a boy. She had complications during birth but he refused to let her get any surgical operation only to later agree when the woman almost died. Despite all warnings to give her womb time to heal, my "firebrand" pastor had a second go at his second child... the wife died painfully after child birth.

The guy who saw his family as predestined by faith was condemned even by other pastors for exercising his faith or believing in God's vision.

so what do you think christians should do? Does faith make sense even tho it fails so many times. Why is it that when it fails christians claim the faith was not real (even tho it's very real after all all we need is faith as small as mustard seeds) can we just agree it does not work as we asume it to, but can be useful to motivate instead
Re: I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
HardMirror:
so what do you think christians should do? Does faith make sense even tho it fails so many times. Why is it that when it fails christians claim the faith was not real (even tho it's very real after all all we need is faith as small as mustard seeds) can we just agree it does not work as we asume it to, but can be useful to motivate instead
Christians should stop deceiving themselves.

An indoctrinated christian mind will not attempt to question the efficacy of prayers to God except it is prepared to.

Even after that incident I never questioned the existence of God. I only reflect and wonder, how I didn't see what was so glaring. I wasn't thinking objectively.

Christians should read books on religion, the histories of religions, epistemology and logical reasoning. If after you are exposed to all this and you choose to remain a christian. At least they'll know that being a christian is a matter of choice/belief/association and not because they've got facts or can prove beyond any reasonable doubt that a God exists.

Ebuka, felix, and their cohorts on this forum knows they truly can't prove that a god exists neither can they make any sense if their suggestions when put to the test. This forum has exposed this fact.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame / Basic Biblical Truth You Need To Know About Tithe Or Tithing / Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.