Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,041 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos (11607 Views)

"Apologise To Governor Ortom" - Reps Order Police IG / Tinubu Must Apologise To Dino - Kogi Women (Photos) / Fayose Should Apologise Over China Letter - Ekiti Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by Stricker321: 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2016
The pain in the heart of most Igbos is the role played by the Yorubas during the civil war.

Whatever Ojukwu and Awolowo discussed in secret, I don't know but what the public is aware of is that Awolowo said that if the east was allowed to secede the west would follow suit. Ojukwu ended up declaring the east a free and sovereign country but Awolowo refused to declare the west side a soverign country. To make matters worse, he joined the north to fight against us and the most painful part is starving many of our innocent women and children to death. We are not bothered about casualties on the battle field but the starving of our children coming from him.

Another Yoruba man, adekunle took it so personal to point of shooting women and children at the outskirts of Biafra. This man said that he didn't want to even see the Red Cross trying to help something even the Hausa/Fulani did not say!

Personally I feel the Yorubas should apologise to us for these.

To set the records straight, Igbos don't hate Yorubas because if we did, we would not be marrying you every day.

I am an Igbo man and I can tell you that this is the pain in the heart of Igbos agaisnt the Yoruba other than that, all is fine.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by Cutehector(m): 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
Can we all please bury the hatchet and move on? Jeez!

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
Shit whats dis poo dis op is talkin abt undecided

10 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
The joke of the century.
call AMPAS to claim your Oscars.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by cheruv: 5:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
All these Igbos that feel they should be politically correct only end up bringing ridicule to us angry

OP bú otu imātu undecided

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by MightySparrow: 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
This fellow has just woken up since he slept shortly after the end of the civil war. Could someone tell him that Nigeria has moved away from hate and bitterness ever since?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by boman2014: 5:49pm On Jul 31, 2016
Stricker321:
The pain in the heart of most Igbos is the role played by the Yorubas during the civil war.

Whatever Ojukwu and Awolowo discussed in secret, I don't know but what the public is aware of is that Awolowo said that if the east was allowed to secede the west would follow suit. Ojukwu ended up declaring the east a free and sovereign country but Awolowo refused to declare the west side a soverign country. To make matters worse, he joined the north to fight against us and the most painful part is starving many of our innocent women and children to death. We are not bothered about casualties on the battle field but the starving of our children coming from him.

Another Yoruba man, adekunle took it so personal to point of shooting women and children at the outskirts of Biafra. This man said that he didn't want to even see the Red Cross trying to help something even the Hausa/Fulani did not say!

To set the records straight, Igbos don't hate Yorubas because if we did, we would not be marrying you every day.

I am an Igbo man and I can tell you that this is the pain in the heart of Igbos agaisnt the Yoruba other than that, all is fine.

something wey happen before dem born you, you dey there make dem apologise to WHO

Abeg find one side go siddon make we hear word

20 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by omofunaab(m): 5:52pm On Jul 31, 2016
I think lord luggard merged a particular tribe with Nigeria just to amuse others ..apologize ko

20 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by MightySparrow: 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
boman2014:

something wey happen before dem born you, you dey there make dem apologise to WHO

Abeg find one side go siddon make we hear word

Blame ot the generation of evil storytellers.

Honestly, they are not fit to live.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by dadabashua1(m): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2016
Stricker321:

first of all I also want you to know that Yoruba's don't hate igbos (forget the NL jokes) secondly most of the people involved in the civil war have passed away, yes igbos felt betrayed by awolowo, same as some Yoruba's claim of ojukwu invading ore which is seen as part of Yoruba land.. my best friends are igbos...i for once don't hate igbos I see them as family, yes it's becoming clear now the rate the two tribes are marrying themselves is on the increase. so what matters most is for we the new generation to let go of the past and face the future together, only a clown will say Yoruba's and igbos are friends,infact they are families now due to the inter marriages... plssss it's time to move on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by Fleshly: 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
We don't need their apologies let them take their dirty selves and go!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by alade112(m): 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
I laugh in OSU cheesy cheesy
Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by Reminez(m): 6:01pm On Jul 31, 2016
How can a proud and successful group like the Yoruba's apologize to a group of akpu eating OSU's . Awolowo and co did the best to safeguard the interest of the Yoruba's . If not for the valour and nobility of Adekunle and co , who knows maybe I ll be bearing Chike or Obi by now . APOLOGIZE KO , APOLOGIZE NI !!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by kettle84(m): 6:16pm On Jul 31, 2016
stop this Igbo /Yoruba thread up on thread.Are you people not tired?
Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by Fleshly: 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
Reminez:
How can a proud and successful group like the Yoruba's apologize to a group of akpu eating OSU's . Awolowo and co did the best to safeguard the interest of the Yoruba's . If not for the valour and nobility of Adekunle and co , who knows maybe I ll be bearing Chike or Obi by now . APOLOGIZE KO , APOLOGIZE NI !!!

True you owe no apology to the Igbos. You owe apologies to ur children and grand children for gifting their inheritance (kwara state) to the Fulanis out of your avid inclinations to cowardice.

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by shukuokukobambi: 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
Stricker321:

[size=2pt]Another Yoruba man, adekunle took it so personal to point of shooting women and children at the outskirts of Biafra. This man said that he didn't want to even see the Red Cross trying to help something even the Hausa/Fulani did not say!

I am an Igbo man and I can tell you that this is the pain in the heart of Igbos agaisnt the Yoruba other than that, all is fine.[/size]

The bold is what i wish to address. the remainder is meaningless gibberish angry

AWO DID NOT TELL OJUKWU THAT NONSENSE!! Awo made a speech to the members of the western region house of assembly and to paraphrase him, here's what he said ''EVERYTHING must be done to ensure that the eastern region doesn't leave the union. In the case that the eastern region, by acts of omission or commission of the federal government is ALLOWED to leave, the western region too will leave''

I will not try to explain that statement here but i expect that any half intelligent person who has a little ability in comprehension should be able to explain that to himself but just know that Nigeria is a tripod with north, east and west. the moment one leaves, those who have common sense know that the other 2 will crumble. It doesn't take rocket science to figure out.

also Yoruba no good but it's on record that only YORUBAS KEPT IGBO PROPERTY FOR THEM THROUGHOUT THE WAR AND EVEN REMITTED RENTS ACCRUED ON THOSE PROPERTY BACK TO THE OWNERS.

Now, can you tell us what happened to all the property you ingrates left in the hands of ijaws? or even in the hands of your Ikwerre cousins in Port Harcourt?

You know what, Shuku Okuko Bambiala told me that you'll continue being the unfortunate tribe in this unworkable union because you repaid good with evil in the case of your relationship with the Yoruba and until you apologize, misfortune will continue to dog your every step.

Yoruba have little capacity to hate another tribe. we are a pluralistic society with the belief ''live and let live'' which is why we are the most accommodating and least likely to take offense and always seeking to think things through before taking action but of course, your foolhardiness always interpret such to be cowardice except in the case of ojukwu when it became known as tactical withdrawal.

apologize ko, dominate ni angry

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by shukuokukobambi: 6:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
Fleshly:

True you owe no apology to the Igbos. You owe apologies to ur children and grand children for gifting their inheritance (kwara state) to the Fulanis out of your avid inclinations to cowardice.

Ojukwu ran away and left your mothers to fight his battle, resulting in the roasting of 3 million akpu eating OSU's. what do you call that?

a. bravery
b. cowardice
c. tactical withdrawal cheesy

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by StOla: 6:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
Apologise for preventing Ojukwu from fighting the civil war in Yoruba territory while the Igbos continue to host cultural festivals in their own enclave?

Apologise for killing the Yoruba premier and Yoruba senior army officers while Ifeajuna sat for discussions with the Eastern premier instead of sending him to the world beyond?

Apologise for Biafran leaders preferring weapons to food for their starving population?

Apologise for preserving Igbo owned properties and handing over same after the war?

Apologise for a Yoruba officer pledging his allegiance and loyalty to an already condemned Igbo commander, then have Igbo revisionists claim years later that the Yoruba officer did nothing noble because he was also marked for assassination by the coupists?

Just say you are ungrateful and we can move on.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by Fleshly: 6:34pm On Jul 31, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

Ojukwu ran away and left your mothers to fight his battle, resulting in the roasting of 3 million akpu eating OSU's. what do you call that?

a. bravery
b. cowardice
c. tactical withdrawal cheesy

True ojukwu is just one man. Did his people surrender? No? Was any inch of his people's land taken away from them? No? Was his people enslaved? No?

If I were you I will worry about a people who's god awoloshit was used and dumped and he had to end his life by rat poison. I will worry about a people who's lands were taken away from them by Fulani women and given to herdsmen.

If I were you I will worry about a people who's culture were changed by the forceful imposition of an emir on their people. If I were you I will worry about a people who's young men and women cannot rise above slavery despite the fact that slavery ended over 100 years ago, and speak for their future.

If I were you I will worry about the YORUBAS NATION!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by shukuokukobambi: 6:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
StOla:
Apologise for preventing Ojukwu from fighting the civil war in Yoruba territory while the Igbos continue to host cultural festivals in their own enclave?

Apologise for killing the Yoruba premier and Yoruba senior army officers while Ifeajuna sat for discussions with the Eastern premier instead of sending him to the world beyond?

Apologise for Biafran leaders preferring weapons to food for their starving population?

Apologise for preserving Igbo owned properties and handing over same after the war?

Apologise for a Yoruba officer pledging his allegiance and loyalty to an already condemned Igbo commander, then have Igbo revisionists claim years later that the Yoruba officer did nothing noble because he was also marked for assassination by the coupists?

Just say you are ungrateful and we can move on.

Don't mind the OSU yeeboe running mad on nairaland. See what Prof Okey Ndibe, an Igbo with a pedigree said about his own biafran experience. see some excerpts

Some unscrupulous officers of the beleaguered Biafra diverted food to their homes. Bags of rice, beans and other foods, marked with a donor agency’s insignia, were not uncommon in markets. The betrayal pained my father. He railed by signing and distributing a petition against the Biafran officials who hoarded relief food or sold it for profit.

The petition drew the ire of the censured officials; the signatories were categorized as saboteurs. To be tagged a saboteur in Biafra was to be branded with a capital crime. A roundup was ordered. One afternoon, some grave-looking men arrived at our home. They snooped all over the house. They turned things over. They pulled out papers and pored over them, brows crinkled half in consternation, half in concentration. As they ransacked the house, they kept my father closely in view. Then they took him away.

Father was detained for several weeks. I don’t remember that our mother ever explained his absence. It was as if my father had died. And yet, since his disappearance was unspoken, it was as if he hadn’t.

https://www.guernicamag.com/features/my_biafran_eyes_1/

Imagine the idiots who led unfortunate civilians into a senseless war were also preventing the civilians from getting the donated food!!! Yet they keep screaming about Awo as if na Awo born the useless and wicked leaders they had then angry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by shukuokukobambi: 6:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
Fleshly:

True ojukwu is just one man. Did his people surrender? No? Was any inch of his people's land taken away from them? No? Was his people enslaved? No?

If I were you I will worry about a people who's god awoloshit was used and dumped and he had to end his life by rat poison. I will worry about a people who's lands were taken away from them by Fulani women and given to herdsmen.

If I were you I will worry about a people who's culture were changed by the forceful imposition of an emir on their people. If I were you I will worry about a people who's young men and women cannot rise above slavery despite the fact that slavery ended over 100 years ago, and speak for their future.

If I were you I will worry about the YORUBAS NATION!

at least, you agree ojukwu was a coward who left millions to die because of his useless ego yet he's your hero today. You're indeed hopeless cheesy

No they didn't surrender, it's me that surrendered cheesy

See Effiong, BEGGING FOR PITY FROM GOWON

I urge on General Gowon, in the name of humanity, to order his troops to pause while an armistice is negotiated in order to avoid the mass suffering caused by the movement of population.

see more here http://emeagwali.com/biafra/nigeria-biafra-civil-war-effiong-surrenders-biafra.html

Yoruba nation is still intact and pulling strings. Some criminals attacked communities in the SW and a yoruba man, Gen Gabriel Olonisakin ordered the full weight of the army on them. Worry about the OSU YEEBOE NATION cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by sambos994(m): 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2016
Look at you useless people, arguing over something that happened when you werent even born yet. Do you guys have anything else to in your lives other than arguing over what happened during the 1960s.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

The bold is what i wish to address. the remainder is meaningless gibberish angry

AWO DID NOT TELL OJUKWU THAT NONSENSE!! Awo made a speech to the members of the western region house of assembly and to paraphrase him, here's what he said ''EVERYTHING must be done to ensure that the eastern region doesn't leave the union. In the case that the eastern region, by acts of omission or commission of the federal government is ALLOWED to leave, the western region too will leave''

I will not try to explain that statement here but i expect that any half intelligent person who has a little ability in comprehension should be able to explain that to himself but just know that Nigeria is a tripod with north, east and west. the moment one leaves, those who have common sense know that the other 2 will crumble. It doesn't take rocket science to figure out.

also Yoruba no good but it's on record that only YORUBAS KEPT IGBO PROPERTY FOR THEM THROUGHOUT THE WAR AND EVEN REMITTED RENTS ACCRUED ON THOSE PROPERTY BACK TO THE OWNERS.

Now, can you tell us what happened to all the property you ingrates left in the hands of ijaws? or even in the hands of your Ikwerre cousins in Port Harcourt?

You know what, Shuku Okuko Bambiala told me that you'll continue being the unfortunate tribe in this unworkable union because you repaid good with evil in the case of your relationship with the Yoruba and until you apologize, misfortune will continue to dog your every step.

Yoruba have little capacity to hate another tribe. we are a pluralistic society with the belief ''live and let live'' which is why we are the most accommodating and least likely to take offense and always seeking to think things through before taking action but of course, your foolhardiness always interpret such to be cowardice except in the case of ojukwu when it became known as tactical withdrawal.

apologize ko, dominate ni angry

No serious leader would even take that statement as a go ahead to go to war. One may even consider it as a threat to the Nigerian government that if ibos are allowed to go that Yorubas will follow suit.
I don't understand how a trained colonel, a product of Sandhurst and Oxford would interpret this as a green light to declare war. By the way, Awo was not a soldier and he didn't have any army.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by Fleshly: 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

at least, you agree ojukwu was a coward who left millions to die because of his useless ego yet he's your hero today. You're indeed hopeless cheesy

No they didn't surrender, it's me that surrendered cheesy

See Effiong, BEGGING FOR PITY FROM GOWON

I urge on General Gowon, in the name of humanity, to order his troops to pause while an armistice is negotiated in order to avoid the mass suffering caused by the movement of population.

see more here http://emeagwali.com/biafra/nigeria-biafra-civil-war-effiong-surrenders-biafra.html

Yoruba nation is still intact and pulling strings. Some criminals attacked communities in the SW and a yoruba man, Gen Gabriel Olonisakin ordered the full weight of the army on them. Worry about the OSU YEEBOE NATION cheesy

I've told you what I want to tell you. You can continue whining and see your Lagos taken over from you by the Ijaws.
Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by StOla: 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

Don't mind the OSU yeeboe running mad on nairaland. See what Prof Okey Ndibe, an Igbo with a pedigree said about his own biafran experience. see some excerpts

Some unscrupulous officers of the beleaguered Biafra diverted food to their homes. Bags of rice, beans and other foods, marked with a donor agency’s insignia, were not uncommon in markets. The betrayal pained my father. He railed by signing and distributing a petition against the Biafran officials who hoarded relief food or sold it for profit.

The petition drew the ire of the censured officials; the signatories were categorized as saboteurs. To be tagged a saboteur in Biafra was to be branded with a capital crime. A roundup was ordered. One afternoon, some grave-looking men arrived at our home. They snooped all over the house. They turned things over. They pulled out papers and pored over them, brows crinkled half in consternation, half in concentration. As they ransacked the house, they kept my father closely in view. Then they took him away.

Father was detained for several weeks. I don’t remember that our mother ever explained his absence. It was as if my father had died. And yet, since his disappearance was unspoken, it was as if he hadn’t.

https://www.guernicamag.com/features/my_biafran_eyes_1/

Imagine the idiots who led unfortunate civilians into a senseless war were also preventing the civilians from getting the donated food!!! Yet they keep screaming about Awo as if na Awo born the useless and wicked leaders they had then angry

They even boasted then that they rather have weapons than food, only for them to be wailing after the war on how they suffered without food.

It is a case of a man who felt he was fasting for religion sake, only to realise in the future that the Pastors family was always well fed, he begins to rue the days of his fasting and realises he was suffering then. So that they did not get Biafra saddens them that they wasted lives that ought to have been saved had they given up after the blockade - the main goal of a blockade itself.

Imagine a rebel state that is already totally blockaded still making demands on how food by charity organisations must be supplied on its own terms without Nigerian inspection. That many Biafran veterans have come out to confess that most of the night air flight supply of food and other relief by the charity organisations contained weapons, shows that the fears of the Nigerian Government was well founded.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by OBAGADAFFI: 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
Aigbofa:

No serious leader would even take that statement as a go ahead to go to war. One may even consider it as a threat to the Nigerian government that if ibos are allowed to go that Yorubas will follow suit.
I don't understand how a trained colonel, a product of Sandhurst and Oxford would interpret this as a green light to declare war. By the way, Awo was not a soldier and he didn't have any army.

He was simply ambitious and greedy.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

He was simply ambitious and greedy.

Absolutely, he probably had a grand vision of becoming the emperor of Iboland with Yorubaland as his vassal state.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by StOla: 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
Aigbofa:

I don't understand how a trained colonel, a product of Sandhurst and Oxford would interpret this as a green light to declare. By the way, Awo was not a soldier and he didn't have any army.

The statement was very clear that if they are ALLOWED.

At no point was any promise made to fight any war or team up with the Eastern region to fight against the North.
When it became evident that the East was not going to be allowed to leave, Awolowo appealed to Ojukwu to retrace his steps and find a middle ground with the Nigerian Government. Awolowo likewise demanded that all Northern army officers that populated Lagos and the Western region, be relocated to their region of origin, to allow the different regions still in Nigeria to negotiate the continued existence of the country from a position of safety.

Ojukwu chose to be impatient and went ahead with his own secession plans and then decided to venture past the neutral MidWest while committing atrocities there, and headed to the Western Region and Lagos, so that the civil war will be fought outside of his own Eastern region.

It was after all these that Awolowo joined the Gowon cabinet and pledge allegiance to a united Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by haffaze777(m): 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2016
Stricker321:

I see no reason to apologize to anybody as yoruba because I offend no one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Apologise To Igbos by shukuokukobambi: 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2016
Fleshly:

I've told you what I want to tell you. You can continue whining and see your Lagos taken over from you by the Ijaws.

The ijaws are not taking over. they're being obliterated even as we speak. So, thank you my dear OSU ambassador, you can hit the road now....

[img]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/545358/width/350/height/700/flags/LL[/img]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Has Identified 11 Economic Recovery Bills - Saraki / New Minimum Wage: Why States Cannot Pay N30,000 – Gov Umahi / Enugu State Governor Holds Thanksgiving For Election Victory (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.