Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State (2881 Views)

Militants Blow Up NPDC Pipeline In Delta State / Militants Bomb Another Pipeline In Delta / Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities (2) (3) (4)

Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by eshietIntrepid(m): 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2016
By Sylvester Idowu in Warri

Suspected militants on Saturday night blasted the 24-inch oil pipeline
belonging to the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) in
Odimodi community in Burutu Local Government Area of Delta State.

Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC)’s 24-inch Brass Creek to
Forcados Terminal Pipeline, popularly called the Trans Ramos trunk
line, brings crude oil from oil well locations in Bayelsa State to the
Forcados terminal

Security sources told THISDAY on Sunday that the incident occurred at
11 p.m. with a huge fire enveloping the site of the attack.

“Suspected militants attacked the NPDC 24-inch trans Ramos operated by
NPDC in Odimodi at about 11 p.m. with dynamites. As I am speaking,
concerted efforts were being made to  put out the fire in the area.” a
security source said.

Another community source confirmed the incident, stating that they
heard a huge explosion late Saturday night only to discover it was a
pipeline belonging to NPDC that had been blasted.

“We heard a huge explosion when we were about sleeping. We rushed out
and found that the NPDC pipeline was on fire. We are not sure whether
it was militants that caused it or not.”

It was gathered that the militants made an attempt last week on the
said pipeline but was foiled by both local vigilante and soldiers.

The Niger Delta Avengers (NDA), the militant group that has claimed
responsibility for the destruction of oil facilities in the Niger
Delta, was yet to claim responsibility at the time of filing this
report.

Media Relations Manager of NPDC, Mr. Ugo Atugboko could not be reached
for confirmation at the time of filing this report as his phone was
switched off.

MORE DETAILS LATER
Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by Wizzyblack3(m): 8:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
Who dem dey do? Kontinu!

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by cktheluckyman: 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
Where are our enviromentalist brothers from the west to warn us about the dangers of oil pollution

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by nabiz(m): 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
I will comment when i remenber what to say
Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by NwaTeacher1: 8:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
Wizzyblack3:
Who dem dey do? Kontinu!
Na you dem dey do. Is dia oil, is dia land. Why take panadol for another man's headache

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by iokpebholo: 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hmmmmmmm. Signs of d end time.
Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by Sweetlemon(f): 8:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Where are our enviromentalist brothers from the west to warn us about the dangers of oil pollution

They are busy making sure their own lands do not end up like the SS. undecided

But then again, you're Igbo and I'm wondering what your business is in Delta state.

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by Stricker321: 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2016
Sweetlemon:

But then again, you're Igbo and I'm wondering what your business is in Delta state.

There are Igbos in Delta state. Asaba, Ogwashi Uku and others.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by cktheluckyman: 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Because I have my fellow igbos in delta.People like Gove Ifeanyi Okowa and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweal

20 Likes

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by mazichika: 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
In Psquare's voice, o set ee!

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by mazichika: 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
T
Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by Qmerit(m): 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2016
For 3days na phcn nor seize our lite for my area but if this bombing go make them take am and say short of gas..mmm I go do fasting curse unaooo
This so call Militants una hear me so.
Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by omaiyale: 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2016
As long as their madness end in their region, I don't give a f**k
Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by xprezboy: 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2016
system anomaly
Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by Nairasurplus(m): 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
Mr. Crush will crush them as he crushed boko boys.
I hate vandalism.
If I have my way, I will not be a dollard in crushing vandals.
If he can crush boko with only waec certificate, how much more with hnd.
I hate vandalism
Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by CuteTj(m): 8:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
For those of you cheering them on...I guess its fun to blow up pipelines?

And when they are done with the pipelines and they have nothing to blowup, they will start blowing innocent people up. That's how BH started. From raiding police stations and army barracks to killing innocent villagers and taking over their lands so will NDA and other militants take over the oil and lands in SS if people continue to support them.

What right do I have to advice since its not my land nor oil so will they say? Okay o! But when my prediction comes to pass, no one should disturb my own peace.

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by GMBuhari: 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
Let them continue in Delta, PH, ND, Warri

not south west

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by wowmenow: 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
Buhari have only two option before 2019 either he restructure the country or he get ready to devide the country
Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by wordcat(m): 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
I will comment EARLIER
Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by MXrep: 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
omaiyale:
As long as their madness end in their region, I don't give a f**k
Lol, but bombs are currently raining in SW

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by mightyhazel: 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
Chaii!
Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by Fleshly: 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
GMBuhari:

not south west

Afonja, please tell'em what it means to bomb their land... It looks like the militants no dey hear word, we don tell them say na their lands dem dey destroy.. Oya now.

Afonjas help me tell the militants the implications of what they are doing, now that they have realized they are bombing their lands.

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by MXrep: 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
CuteTj:

And when they are done with the pipelines and they have nothing to blowup, they will start blowing innocent people up. That's how BH started. From raiding police stations and army barracks to killing innocent villagers and taking over their lands so will NDA and other militants take over the oil and lands in SS if people continue to support them.

What right do I have to advice since its not my land nor oil so will they say? Okay o! But when my prediction comes to pass, no one should disturb my own peace.
NO peace without justice, let everybody control their resources simple. What did you say about those cheering a divisive and vindictive president?? they are the real enemies of the country
Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by Fleshly: 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2016
CuteTj:

Afonja trash! All this thing you wrote is devoid of telling them the implications of messing with their lands, which is what you're known for. Please kindly tell them whose land they are destroying, before yapping tripe!

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by MXrep: 10:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
GMBuhari:

not south west
south west is having a rain of bomb right now, how about that??

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by PhilemonObende: 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Because I have my fellow igbos in delta.People like Gove Ifeanyi Okowa and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweal

You dey mind that transgendered yoruber thing wey dey claim 'We SS'?

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by PhilemonObende: 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
We yoruba Association of Emergency Environmentalists [YAEE] implore you to stop bombing the pipelines, don't you know you are destroying your ecosystem ? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by StOla: 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
MXrep:

After the rain of bombs in Lagos which is very much welcomed by the people of Lagos, I hope 7 days of mourning would not be declared in the NigerDelta over the monkeys that went out but never came back home?

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by StOla: 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
MXrep:

A rain of bombs on the heads of terrorists is very much welcomed by every sane mind.

Let the SS continue to destroy the SS while their SE spectators continue to cheer them on. We in the SW are very much ready to take the investments that would have to be relocated to a saner environment.

How about that?

Re: Militants Bomb NPDC Pipeline In Delta State by shukuokukobambi: 10:32pm On Jul 31, 2016
Fleshly:

Afonja, please tell'em what it means to bomb their land... It looks like the militants no dey hear word, we don tell them say na their lands dem dey destroy.. Oya now.

Afonjas help me tell the militants the implications of what they are doing, now that they have realized they are bombing their lands.

OSU Yeeboe, there are no implications and no consequences. They should continue and Shuku Okuko Bambiala punish them the day they ever decide to stop cheesy

meanwhile, see some refineries they're already operating from their oyel. I hope no bagger will come out to blame IOC's for polluting their lands later angry

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala May Be Nursing Presidential Ambition / My Take On Aisha Buhari Interview With BBC Hausa. Nafeesa AA / Nigerian Man Spends N10M to Congratulate Donald Trump On Punch Newspaper