Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges (60697 Views)

Boyfriend Of Delta 15-Year-Old Girl Who Committed Suicide Over Heartbreak Reacts / Lagos Big Boy Oliseh Nwakoby Shoots Himself Dead Over #350million Debt[pic] / Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
Personally I think there is more to this story, I don't believe the 350 million naira buhaha, the late man's dad was former Chairman of First Bank, 350 million is not a huge amount for people in that circle to warrant him, killing himself. They must have been people willing to come to his aid, as manager of a Bank on the island his salary should run in millions at least 1.something......
The picture isn't yet clear. But I pray God heals his family.

1 Like

Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Jacko1(m): 1:28pm On Aug 01, 2016
menix:
I am very sure Lie Mohammed has an account with FCMB

This bank can lie for Africa oooo...

It's only someone who knows nothing about retail banking that will believe this lie..

Sure if the man was not under pressure to meet target he would ve packaged that loan with due diligence and avoided committing suicide when he could not take the heat...

My friend with Access bank was made to pay for the loan he packaged without due diligence, then wonder what he would ve done if it's up to 350 million....

Maybe the amount ur friend paid in access bank less than a million

Cos wen its big lik this recovery unit handles it

Retail no funny oh walai......even loans wey Credit Analysis approve stil dey go bad..... Nigerian big men dont giv a hoot about consequence once they have politician backing

Go repossess their property make i hear.... Some ppl so mighty only amcon have guts to threaten them

My useless bank firstbank sha..... Will neva allow loan of 10 million be handled at BU level..... If the collateral no already dey deir hand.

Sorry again for ur friend wey payback..... Am sure the amount was not so big..... If it was dayum

1 Like

Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by salt16: 1:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
veekid:
See wetin buhari cause again

Chief, please let's stop pointing fingers the wrong way. Buhari had nothing to do with it, was he the one that pulled the trigger? So if your water tap gets spoilt in your kitchen it is Buhari's fault abi?

The man was obviously under press and was driven to the point of taking his life, whether it was pressure from work or it was juju from the customer who does not want to repay the loan nobody only God knows.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Deenite(m): 1:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
Now dat he his dead, dey will say anything to paint d dead man black.

Bt i bet dey are calculating his assets to see if it will service d loan.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Edusouls(m): 1:42pm On Aug 01, 2016
[quote author=realestniggah post=48084854] angry

this country has gotten to the point that even bank manager that are suppose to be living a good life now commit suicide?

buhari which way nah?
[/quote if u dont know what to say u shut up,instead of careless talking,buhari is not ur mate,idle fool...
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Rmukoro(m): 1:42pm On Aug 01, 2016
hmmmmh.... fcmb management not aware of that sum?? will the dude have just mentioned that mistakenly? Some of our banks shaa?? (Though,no amount of reason is strong enough for any man to take his own life)
ediama:
Which bank in Nigeria can forgive debt? The bank wasn't aware ni, the bank which they can send someone to the great beyong to collect that money ko.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by khados: 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hmmm
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 01, 2016
FCMB please STFU... go ask your sister banks how many of their staff have died on their seats due to work related stress than any other thing.. bank loan ke? personal challenges ke? more like demands from superiors and unrealistic targets, victimization and insults and secret cults smhh lipsrsealed
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by cocktopuss: 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
Banks need to get real collateral on loans. I know of a guy who owes a bank nd he hasnt paid shi shi, he just changed locatiin and numbers. The guarantors are not troubled either.

If real collaterals are collected, they will just seize nd sell. For a 350 m loan, the man has to own an oil company with tangible equipments and ish.

Everyone should learn to follow procedure, no more padi padi actions in Nigeria

Rip mahn
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by 4ward(m): 1:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Okwombageneral(m): 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
The rate at which people are committing suicide though! Why not use yourself for ritual and make people around you rich... cool cool
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by menix(m): 2:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
Jacko1:

Maybe the amount ur friend paid in access bank less than a million

Cos wen its big lik this recovery unit handles it

Retail no funny oh walai......even loans wey Credit Analysis approve stil dey go bad..... Nigerian big men dont giv a hoot about consequence once they have politician backing

Go repossess their property make i hear.... Some ppl so mighty only amcon have guts to threaten them

My useless bank firstbank sha..... Will neva allow loan of 10 million be handled at BU level..... If the collateral no already dey deir hand.

Sorry again for ur friend wey payback..... Am sure the amount was not so big..... If it was dayum

Sure it was, about 1.something million..

Even with the collateral, e no easy to sell some properties, especially when the man is strong..
Remember one we had to go into prayer and fasting to sell because no one who inspects it returns even after expressing interest to buy and it was badly affecting our KPI not until the man came out from hiding and assisted us with the sales...
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by veekid(m): 2:03pm On Aug 01, 2016
salt16:

Chief, please let's stop pointing fingers the wrong way. Buhari had nothing to do with it, was he the one that pulled the trigger? So if your water tap gets spoilt in your kitchen it is Buhari's fault abi?

The man was obviously under press and was driven to the point of taking his life, whether it was pressure from work or it was juju from the customer who does not want to repay the loan nobody only God knows.

Na joke I dey o
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by tete7000(m): 2:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
Adesiji77:
There are usually 3 sides to every story...

cc: lalasticlala, dominique, Mynd44

http://punchng.com/bank-manager-committed-suicide-fcmb/

Unfortunately the victim won't be able to tell his own story. Rip to him.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by vislabraye(m): 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2016
Mzflow:
Rip...when I see how men struggle to make ends meet,sometimes I just thank God I am a woman. Nigerian men are good,am not talking about the irresponsible ones among them.

Thank God you appreciate Nigerian men. Unlike some yeye women wey only de only thing dem fit do na to take selfie with pig mouth and come dey do dia leg like say dem get camel.

1 Like

Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Achorise: 2:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
Mzflow:
Rip...when I see how men struggle to make ends meet,sometimes I just thank God I am a woman. Nigerian men are good,am not talking about the irresponsible ones among them.
Please is this one good, responsible or irresponsible.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by abike12(f): 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
A permanent solution to a temporary problem. Suicide is never the answer. Praying for comfort for his family. sad
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2016
A silver American gun?
A deadly self inflicted gun shot in the head?
In front of a church?
A #350million bad loan?
These are tale tale signs of Omerta, the code signs of Mafiosos
Likely a member, why did he possessed a gun in the first place, must he have shot some one before? and being blackmailed?
?
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by simplynola(m): 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2016
How much is the gun? How much is the bullet? How much is the debt? The Bible says "As it is done on earth, so it is done in heaven". Whether you like it or not, you will keep servicing your loan from heaven.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by dondavinchi(m): 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
Is so unfortunate dat we hv found ourself in dis mess,buhari n his APC goons hv distroy our economy nothing is working ,I as a contractor I hv not been able to get my money for jobs dat I hv done talkless of getting a new one life is so hard nw I believe dis man die out of frustration thinking wat he will go through if he can't pay back d loan,dat woman is just talking rubbish if dat man was alive I wonder wat d bank might hv done to him,we r all living by d grace of God only APC members dat are living d gud life,but I knw who I am my God shall supply all my need according to his riches in glory
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
realestniggah:
angry

this country has gotten to the point that even bank manager that are suppose to be living a good life now commit suicide?

buhari which way nah?

If only the church can return all what he has invested in it thru the fraud called tithes.

Heya. Lets blame buhari now. Its PMBs fault.

The church is weak. The church could not save him
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by MattChidi(m): 2:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
i never see the thing wey fit make me take my life. am i crazy mad! grin
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Maydfourth: 2:51pm On Aug 01, 2016
Why kill himself ? Cos of loan............ Something else dey behind am...
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by modupe2: 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2016
In any case, he should not have done that.....God knows best though......

When people that were not as old as he was have records of embezzlement that liquidated a whole bank or even two if not more, and went further to hold juicy political positions still in the same country?? Tough time dont last, but tough people do.

As being said by many, there are lots of sides to this story. I have actually thought of 3 to 4 sides as I type.

May God forgive him of his sins and give the family the fortitude to bear the loss.

menix:
I am very sure Lie Mohammed has an account with FCMB

This bank can lie for Africa oooo...

It's only someone who knows nothing about retail banking that will believe this lie..

Sure if the man was not under pressure to meet target he would ve packaged that loan with due diligence and avoided committing suicide when he could not take the heat...

My friend with Access bank was made to pay for the loan he packaged without due diligence, then wonder what he would ve done if it's up to 350 million....
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by BlackChyld(m): 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2016
realestniggah:
angry

buhari which way nah?
Bleep you dirty Biafra pikin, na Buhari say make him go give loan to ppl wey no go pay am back? Yeye fowl undecided
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by walexy14(m): 3:08pm On Aug 01, 2016
There's more to this story sha. credit control unit could be frustrating anyway

1 Like

Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by autodoctor: 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2016
RIP bro.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Chiznonso: 3:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
Life, sometimes when things happen to U, U just wish U can be flogged and let the mistake go away, buh U just have to face it squarely and tackle it or even endure it
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by madjune(m): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2016
Everything na autopsy.

Be like I go open my autopsy unit soon.

What are they going to find out if not the mutherfkn bullets that killed him?
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by july66: 3:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
Okite15:

http://punchng.com/bank-manager-committed-suicide-fcmb/
The kids need deliverance. I see suicide in the family.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by logicab: 4:00pm On Aug 01, 2016
ahamonyeka:
But,it is clear that he committed suicide which one is autopsy again?
Nothing is clear. It only appears like he committed suicide and this has to be verified.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Adesiji77: 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
David0:
Damage control!!!

Loan or no loan, bank pressure is enough to commit suicide.

Many bank workers have died due to work pressure, most of them from HBP, few from suicide.

This is just one of those.

The bank will only play innocent now, but they know their sin.

See what a Punch reader wrote below:

"But the Acting Group Head, Communications and Brand Management of the FCMB, Lola Egboh, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone on Sunday, said the suicide had nothing to do with the bank, adding that she did not have the knowledge of any loan."

She didn't have knowledge of the loan, yet she maintained that the bank had nothing to do with his suicide, only a Nigerian would use that combo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Who Disguised As A Woman In RCCG Lagos, Caught & Stripped (Photos) / Internet Fraudster Bags 35-Year Jail Sentence In Ilorin (Photo) / Corper Accused Of Stealing Chicken Flogged With Rods & Cutlass (Disturbing Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.