Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges (60698 Views)

Boyfriend Of Delta 15-Year-Old Girl Who Committed Suicide Over Heartbreak Reacts / Lagos Big Boy Oliseh Nwakoby Shoots Himself Dead Over #350million Debt[pic] / Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by DICKtator: 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
abbey621:
I still fail to see how FCMB is at fault? 350 million Naira loan, the guy should have been fired on the spot for gross negligence and incompetence. Things like this happens in the finance industry a lot(That's why banks are insured) and most people don't commit suicide over it, there's definitely more to the story!

Are you sure that the guy would be the only one culpable? Hope you know that for such loan with a huge amount, it would still need approval from the regional manager or director?. I don't know of any bank manager that has an approval limit of 350million. And even if he did, other management team would have been involved and would have given their approval.even such loan/money are always insured and collaterized .I believe there is more to this story than meet the eyes.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by brojoshua: 4:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world and the One who gives peace and comfort to people, for even having big education qualifications and becoming a successful banker is not an assurance of peace, comfort and safety.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by NotGej: 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2016
abbey621:
I still fail to see how FCMB is at fault? 350 million Naira loan, the guy should have been fired on the spot for gross negligence and incompetence. Things like this happens in the finance industry a lot(That's why banks are insured) and most people don't commit suicide over it, there's definitely more to the story!

Obviously you are not experienced in the way banks operate. Many things could cause the Non performance of credit.

They are processes/ conditions to draw down.

He did not solely approve that credit; they are lines of approvals he must have obtained. Cut the dead some slack.

Fired on the spot you said!! Lolz. If his fired on the spot na you go come pursue the recovery?

I advice you stick to areas you are experienced in, so as not to come off as a Dundee.

FCMB is complicit in this situation, by way of undue pressure.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by NotGej: 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2016
abbey621:

Obviously you are not experienced in the way banks operate. Many things could cause the Non performance of credit.

He did not solely approve that credit; they are lines of approvals he must have obtained. Cut the dead some slack.

Fired on the spot you said!! Lolz. If he is fired on the spot na you go come pursue the recovery?

I advice you stick to areas you are experienced in, so as not to come off as a Dundee.

Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by HeavenShield: 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
Why should people collect money they can't pay back..350 Million belong to depositors. If only most bankers can be human and realistic they should have made a proper Risk Analysis before giving such money out whether to their Friends or Cronies. It's so disheartening that a BM can commit suicide despite all the resources at his disposal. And if i may peep further, the Bank is economical with the truth and someone might just want to save his Job. My heart goes to the young family. Anyways, RIP to the DEAD.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by brojoshua: 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
brojoshua:
Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world and the One who gives peace and comfort to people, for even having big education qualifications and becoming a successful banker is not an assurance of peace, comfort and safety.
For he who has all other things but has no Christ has nothing, but he who has Christ but has no other thing has all things. And so when a man is boasting about and are rejoicing in all other things but not only Christ, we become sorrowful, for what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loose his soul, what will he give in exchange for his soul? Therefore let sinners seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all other things will be added to them. Thank you
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by tunary(m): 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
Mzflow:
Rip...when I see how men struggle to make ends meet,sometimes I just thank God I am a woman. Nigerian men are good,am not talking about the irresponsible ones among them.
thks for being honest
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by DICKtator: 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
HeavenShield:
Why should people collect money they can't pay back..350 Million belong to depositors. If only most bankers can be human and realistic they should have made a proper Risk Analysis before giving such money out whether to their Friends or Cronies. It's so disheartening that a BM can commit suicide despite all the resources at his disposal. And if i may peep further, the Bank is economical with the truth and someone might just want to save his Job. My heart goes to the young family. Anyways, RIP to the DEAD.

Your opening statement is so flawed.
Do people collect money thinking they won't be able to pay back?

You think bank would give money to those that they certainly know cannot pay back? What makes you think they wouldn't have done their analysis before granting or approving such loan?
What some people have failed to realise on this thread is that there might be a possibility that Buhari is "indirectly to be blamed".
A change in government/power affects individual,businesses and what-have-you that are directly or indirectly affiliated with the government.
So when projections are being made, these factors are usually taken into consideration. And if the projection is flawed,it certainly would have a domino effect on the projected outcomes set.

grin grin grin grin
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by abbey621(m): 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
NotGej:

Fired on the spot you said!! Lolz. If he is fired on the spot na you go come pursue the recovery?

You obviously lack experience in the financial sector or risk planning so I will not argue with you. I laugh at some of your comments, gross incompetence is grounds for immediate termination no questions asked. Recovery can be pursued by anybody within the authority to do so at the bank, so stop the misinformation. Unless you want to claim the guy is not responsible for his actions in which case, you do not know what you are talking about!
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by abbey621(m): 5:04pm On Aug 01, 2016
DICKtator:

Are you sure that the guy would be the only one culpable? Hope you know that for such loan with a huge amount, it would still need approval from the regional manager or director?. I don't know of any bank manager that has an approval limit of 350million. And even if he did, other management team would have been involved and would have given their approval.even such loan/money are always insured and collaterized .I believe there is more to this story than meet the eyes.

grin grin grin grin

I agree there's definitely more to the story, obviously there are levels of authority the loan must be channeled through but most managers are able to influence the process by offering a personal guarantee. 350 million Naira is a small amount for most of these big banks, I doubt if a director would bother his or herself with such.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by abode(m): 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2016
Mzflow:
Rip...when I see how men struggle to make ends meet,sometimes I just thank God I am a woman. Nigerian men are good,am not talking about the irresponsible ones among them.
That is the most sexist comment I have ever heard... You should be ashamed of yourself
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by HeavenShield: 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
DICKtator:

Your opening statement is so flawed.
Do people collect money thinking they won't be able to pay back?

You think bank would give money to those that they certainly know cannot pay back? What makes you think they wouldn't have done their analysis before granting or approving such loan?
What some people have failed to realise on this thread is that there might be a possibility that Buhari is "indirectly to be blamed".
A change in government/power affects individual,businesses and what-have-you that are directly or indirectly affiliated with the government.
So when projections are being made, these factors are usually taken into consideration. And if the projection is flawed,it certainly would have a domino effect on the projected outcomes set.

grin grin grin grin

Flawd? What makes it Flawed? In as much i agree with you totally, what makes my statement flawed?
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by mikolo80: 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
David0:
Damage control!!!

Loan or no loan, bank pressure is enough to commit suicide.

Many bank workers have died due to work pressure, most of them from HBP, few from suicide.

This is just one of those.

The bank will only play innocent now, but they know their sin.
na by force to work for bank. Patapata he arrange anoda 350 for hisself and ''disappear ''. Ordinary fish farming or poultry would have replaced the money.abeg na juju d loanee use joor.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Mzflow(f): 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
abode:

That is the most sexist comment I have ever heard... You should be ashamed of yourself
you need help or something?
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by David0(m): 5:58pm On Aug 01, 2016
mikolo80:
na by force to work for bank. Patapata he arrange anoda 350 for hisself and ''disappear ''. Ordinary fish farming or poultry would have replaced the money.abeg na juju d loanee use joor.

Just listen to urself.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Shoelace1(f): 5:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
OdikwaRisky:
Egboh, who described Nwakoby’s death as shocking, said the bank would have come to his aid if it was aware that he had emotional challenges.

Na so

Lola Egboh, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone on Sunday, said the suicide had nothing to do with the bank, adding that she did not have the knowledge of any loan. that's public relations for you. She's protecting the image of the organization...... Even if she knows the truth, she dare not say it cuz he who pays the Piper dictates its tune

Liars!!

His death was tragic but why are the denying it was work related ?
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Inova(m): 7:04pm On Aug 01, 2016
realestniggah:
angry

this country has gotten to the point that even bank manager that are suppose to be living a good life now commit suicide?

buhari which way nah?
His hands were not clean. Its just too bad.
Those are the side effects of bad banking practices. If he granted a loan then were is the collateral which could have easily served as recovery.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
ediama:
Which bank in Nigeria can forgive debt? The bank wasn't aware ni, the bank which they can send someone to the great beyong to collect that money ko.

The pressure on bankers esecially marketers and managers is unbearable.

The bank is lying..
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by NotGej: 8:04pm On Aug 01, 2016
[s][s]
abbey621:

You obviously lack experience in the financial sector or risk planning so I will not argue with you. I laugh at some of your comments, gross incompetence is grounds for immediate termination no questions asked. Recovery can be pursued by anybody within the authority to do so at the bank, so stop the misinformation. Unless you want to claim the guy is not responsible for his actions in which case, you do not know what you are talking about!
[/s]

You don't know what you are talking about.

I won't engage you further on this matter.

Let the dead rest. [/s]
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by mikolo80: 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
David0:

Just listen to urself.
so basically you've got nothing

It happens when you don't have a valid argument and know it
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by smartleo(m): 9:57pm On Aug 01, 2016
balancediet:
I have absolute confidence on FCMB response. RIP to the dead.

See liar,any other fcmb customer service staff,don't worry we understand your plot;Image rebranding.fear God abeg
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by David0(m): 10:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
mikolo80:
so basically you've got nothing

It happens when you don't have a valid argument and know it

Nope, sometimes it's best u read what u hv written to know if u made sense.

How can u b asking if it's by force to work in d bank.

Now, how does such question sound?

Goodnight
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by KazukiIto(m): 11:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
adekS1:
it's only our own politicians dat CNt commit suicide even wen dey r owing d masses serious debt... financially,emotionally n even health well being
That's because we don't pressure the politicians. FCMB pressured this guy.
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by mikolo80: 11:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
David0:

Nope, sometimes it's best u read what u hv written to know if u made sense.

How can u b asking if it's by force to work in d bank.

Now, how does such question sound?

Goodnight
oya work dia and stop complaining na
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by doll912(f): 2:48am On Aug 02, 2016
Mzflow:

And women don't struggle to make ends meet? You thank God you are a woman that can't make ends meet? WTF!
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by Codes151(m): 9:44am On Aug 02, 2016
Adesiji77:
There are usually 3 sides to every story...

cc: lalasticlala, dominique, Mynd44

http://punchng.com/bank-manager-committed-suicide-fcmb/
and this three side is what u have mentioned abi?
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by TheAlchemist: 10:07am On Aug 02, 2016
saintdennis:
His suicide must be related to the church for him to blow his brains out @ their premises

prime suspects... may have given the loan to a church member with or without Reverend Father's blessing!
Re: FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges by saintdennis(m): 10:12am On Aug 02, 2016
TheAlchemist:

prime suspects... may have given the loan to a church member with or without Reverend Father's blessing!

Exactly.

The way some people revere their religious fathers ehn... I read that story of the man who gave his herbalist N3m so he could become rich, like seriously?

People have done alotta stvpid things un2 directive from pastors, imams, babalawo.

I feel he went to church to display the proverbial "ha! You have finished me" to the priest or church members.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Who Disguised As A Woman In RCCG Lagos, Caught & Stripped (Photos) / Internet Fraudster Bags 35-Year Jail Sentence In Ilorin (Photo) / Corper Accused Of Stealing Chicken Flogged With Rods & Cutlass (Disturbing Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.