Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? (3619 Views)

Identical Twin Brothers Set To Wed 2 Best Friends. See Pre-wedding Photos / My Ex-Girlfriend Has Become Best friends With My Current Girlfriend / Can A Guy And A Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling For Each Other? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by lenposh(f): 1:55pm On Aug 02, 2016
I have a male friend Alfred Adewale by name, we have been friends for more than 3 years now. He is aware that I have a relationship same with me. He is never happy to see me and my boyfriend together but for me I don't ever want to go to his house if the lady is around because I feel jealous. He has been my friend since university days and now we are still friends but what do you think is happening? My Palmchat friends said am in love with him but I don't want to believe that because we have never had anything together even while in school. He was just my reading mate.

Adewale is my bestie, does it mean am in love with wale already or the feeling is still growing.
Please advise me, Should I just tell Wale how I feel or let go and move on with my boyfriend?
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Sexxkillz: 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
Can a cat and rat be best friends?

1 Like

Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Theoritical(m): 2:00pm On Aug 02, 2016
lenposh:
I have a male friend Alfred Adewale by name, we have been friends for more than 3 years now. He is aware that I have a relationship same with me. He is never happy to see me and my boyfriend together but for me I don't ever want to go to his house if the lady is around because I feel jealous. He has been my friend since university days and now we are still friends but what do you think is happening? My Palmchat friends said am in love with him but I don't want to believe that because we have never had anything together even while in school. He was just my reading mate.

Adewale is my bestie, does it mean am in love with wale already or the feeling is still growing.
Please advise me, Should I just tell Wale how I feel or let go and move on with my boyfriend?
u both have emotional attachment " u either disband ur friendship or seal it up'' the feeling is mutual... the best relationship has its foundation on genuine friendship.. from ur write up, girl' u are in love with Wale grin
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
undecided still thinking
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by slim19(m): 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2016
you're always jealous whenever he's with bae and he is never happy when you're with boo....pls why are you guys wasting time

1 Like

Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by promqueen247(f): 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2016
It's never possible unless the guy is sterile even if he was sterile, he can still develop feelings. What you two are doing is simply being too conscious of the real unconscious tendency you have in common.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Antina(f): 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
In your own case, u are in love. But it is very possible for a man and woman to be friends without being in love.
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by solomonbrown64: 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
......It's very possible but feelings are bound to come in and then these feelings can affect both parties in their respective relationships. An example is you and your bestie.
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Ifakiland(m): 4:00pm On Aug 02, 2016
in other words u wanna break up with ur bf and move to wale abi? I pray someone breaks ur heart also.... oniranu. it's ur bf I blame dat allowed u av a male bestie.

1 Like

Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by odutolasodiq(m): 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ifakiland:
in other words u wanna break up with ur bf and move to wale abi? I pray someone breaks ur heart also.... oniranu. it's ur bf I blame dat allowed u av a male bestie.
gbam!!! in a simple language she is a w.hore... and they ain't loyal

1 Like

Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
Antina:
In your own case, u are in love. But it is very possible for a man and woman to be friends without being in love.
Is not possible.

Goat and yam can't be kept together. cheesy

With time in such friendship...feelings creep in.
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by stan241(m): 4:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
It takes a whole lot of self control for that to happen but yes its possible, its all in the mind

As for you and your "bestie", i pity the bed inside the room the day both of you are finally alone together.
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by stan241(m): 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2016
herbie27:
Is not possible.

With time in such friendship...feelings creep in.

Not necessarily true though is it? Feelings are already there even as friends, it's the ability to not let those feelings develop to something else that's the hard part
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2016
stan241:

Not necessarily true though is it? Feelings are already there even as friends, it's the ability to not let those feelings develop to something else that's the hard part
My best friend is a guy, have knwn him for 5yrs now.

2 yrs onto our friendship even wen he knew i was in a relationship, he summoned the courage to tell me he has been in love with me...i turned him down.

2 months ago, he was to repeat the same thing, had to avoid meeting him, which he has been complaining of. grin he is totally nt attracted to me, just see him as a frd.

So i'm talking from experience too.
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by stan241(m): 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2016
herbie27:
My best friend is a guy, have knwn him for 5yrs now.

2 yrs onto our friendship even wen he knew i was in a relationship, he summoned the courage to tell me he has been in love with me...i turned him down.

2 months ago, he was to repeat the same thing, had to avoid meeting him, which he has been complaining of. grin he is totally nt attracted to me, just see him as a frd.

So i'm talking from experience too.

Hence i said it takes all sorts of self control especially on the side of the guy it's not easy trust me but once you able to convince yourself that your friendship is worth preserving then it'd be hard to want to follow on such feelings.
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 02, 2016
stan241:

Hence i said it takes all sorts of self control especially on the side of the guy it's not easy trust me but once you able to convince yourself that your friendship is worth preserving then it'd be hard to want to follow on such feelings.
keeping friendship with the opposite sex is a bad idea, though they're way different from girls, and we kind of love their company. grin
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by stan241(m): 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2016
herbie27:
keeping friendship with the opposite sex is a bad idea, though they're way different from girls, and we kind of love their company. grin

Of course you love their company but I'd disagree on the "keeping friends with the opposite sex is a bad idea" part, people are different quite honestly and you'd be surprised how many guys can remain friends with you for long periods and not demand sex.

I've known my best friend since we were in the same class in primary4, also went to the same university together and not once has the issue of sex ever come up between us, we're literally siblings from different parents, and there is absolutely nothing we hide from each other,spent numerous weekends, days at each others place and nothing has ever happened we're that close people tend to think we're dating, I'm good pals with the bf and they've been together for years now, really i could go on and on

Basically like i said its all about self control and valuing your friendships with one another but hey different strokes for different folks i guess
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2016
stan241:

Of course you love their company but I'd disagree on the "keeping friends with the opposite sex is a bad idea" part, people are different quite honestly and you'd be surprised how many guys can remain friends with you for long periods and not demand sex.

I've known my best friend since we were in the same class in primary4, also went to the same university together and not once has the issue of sex ever come up between us, we're literally siblings from different parents, and there is absolutely nothing we hide from each other,spent numerous weekends, days at each others place and nothing has ever happened we're that close people tend to think we're dating, I'm good pals with the bf and they've been together for years now, really i could go on and on

Basically like i said its all about self control and valuing your friendships with one another but hey different strokes for different folks i guess
whenever i keep the opposite sex as a friend for too long, they end up bring their feeling into it, have had 2 actually and same thing.

You're right though!.
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by stan241(m): 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2016
herbie27:
whenever i keep the opposite sex as a friend for too long, they end up bring their feeling into it, have had 2 actually and same thing.

You're right though!.

It's natural trust me, the sensible/ones with genuine intentions of friendship get over it though
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Antina(f): 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
[quote author=herbie27 post=48123519]Is not possible.

With time in such friendship..feelings creep in.[/quote
]

Am talking from experience, I have like 3 very good male childhood friends, and I don't have an iota of feelings for them, I tell you. But they are my friends and we talk at length on anything, I mean anything. Though, one of them told me one day that he has feelings for me, I was like shocked buh we are friends cheesy.
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 02, 2016
@Antina, for my kind of person, i loved being around guys, cos they're 100% sincere in friendship, and fun to be around, i kind of build strong friendship around guys than my fellow girls, because of our wahala, i hate back bitting, and girls are fond of doing that.

If i make a guy my friend, nothing will make me to start developing feelings for such guys, and i tend to be very open with them, the first one i felt for him, wen i said i wasn't interested, he even made the sister to talk to me. grin and then my second encounter, hmm!.
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by vchykp(m): 7:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
i was breed to believe that male and female cant be friends, till date i still believe its 100% true, 85% of male and female friendship will sum up to sex @ least once... And for the OP, i won't be part of those who will mistake flirting for feelings, you are just a flirt, you dont have any feelings for WALE, am sounding harsh because ladies are usually difficult to manipulate in this kind of situation, especially the ones in relationship. I forsee the future "finally when Wale manipulate and gets you laid, he will dump you like an empty sachet of pure water, because he will never leave his relationship for a flirt"... men are wise this days, he will always feel you will dump him the way you dumped your ex. #BEwise
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Holadpearl(m): 8:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
If there are no sexual tensions/feelings male -female friendship can be maintained. But if sexual spark exists no matter how small, it's just a matter of time before something happens and 90% of the time it leaves a sour taste because the rule of friendship/engagement will definitely change as well as the freedom. Having an opposite sex as an intimate friend is just like keeping a chicken for a pet, one Christmas....... the love for chicken will differentiate between pet and meat !

1 Like

Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Antina(f): 8:15pm On Aug 02, 2016
herbie27:
@Antina, for my kind of person, i loved being around guys, cos they're 100% sincere in friendship, and fun to be around, i kind of build strong friendship around guys than my fellow girls, because of our wahala, i hate back bitting, and girls are fond of doing that.

If i make a guy my friend, nothing will make me to start developing feelings for such guys, and i tend to be very open with them, the first one i felt for him, wen i said i wasn't interested, he even made the sister to talk to me. grin and then my second encounter, hmm!.

Ur second encounter eventually carried the day cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Holadpearl(m): 8:15pm On Aug 02, 2016
If there are no sexual tensions/feelings, male -female friendship can be maintained. But if sexual spark exists no matter how small, it's just a matter of time before something happens and 90% of the time it leaves a sour taste because the rule of friendship/engagement will definitely change as well as the freedom. Having an opposite sex as an intimate friend is just like keeping a chicken for a pet, one Christmas....... the love for chicken will differentiate between pet and meat ! #There might be exceptions though
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Debbywills(f): 8:17pm On Aug 02, 2016
Sexxkillz:

Why didn't you give a straight response?? undecided
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Sexxkillz: 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2016
Debbywills:

Why didn't you give a straight response?? undecided
I love parables.
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by gbade11(m): 11:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ifakiland:
she don offend u before?
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by faruz: 12:45am On Aug 03, 2016
op, is that all undecided
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 03, 2016
Sexxkillz:

Well yeah there are YouTube videos and also males can have female best friends without any sexual feeling, don't stereotypes guys it's unhealthy
Re: Can A Boy And Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love? by Debbywills(f): 7:16am On Aug 03, 2016
Sexxkillz:

I love parables.

Not Everyone Understands That. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Love Letter A Secondary School Girl Wrote To Her Crush.(photo) / Lady Angela Nwosu Posts Tutorial On Facebook On How To Suck A Guys Cucumber / Can A Girl Love You, Whole Heartedly And Never Cheat On You???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.