Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand (37623 Views)

7 Jobs You Can Do Without A University Degree / How Nigerian Parents See Hardworking People Compared To Bloggers / 10 Male Jobs Nigerian Women Are Doing To Defy Stereotypes(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by cnnamoko(m): 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Nl moderator is d most difficult to explain. Chike what do u do for a living? Dad I ban people for a living

1 Like

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Flickzvill(m): 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
When I told me mom I wanted to study "cyber security science" she was like "ewoo my son wants to work in a cyber cafe biko you are my only son don't disgrace me" she cried the whole night I explained to her 4 wia she didn't agree she said its either mech eng or notn until I do stubborn head get the admission now am getting money wen Eva she's talking to her friends she be like " my son studied cyber security" working with effcc he has a big house in abuja she just can't control her happiness grin

5 Likes

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Flickzvill(m): 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
When I told me mom years back I wanted to study "cyber security science" she was like "ewoo my son wants to work in a cyber cafe biko you are my only son don't disgrace me" she cried the whole night I explained to her 4 wia she didn't agree she said its either mech eng or notn until I do stubborn head get the admission now am getting money wen Eva she's talking to her friends she be like " my son studied cyber security" working with effcc he has a big house in abuja she just can't control her happiness grin
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by tbliss22(m): 10:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
Flickzvill:
When I told me mom I wanted to study "cyber security science" she was like "ewoo my son wants to work in a cyber cafe biko you are my only son don't disgrace me" she cried the whole night I explained to her 4 wia she didn't agree she said its either mech eng or notn until I do stubborn head get the admission now am getting money wen Eva she's talking to her friends she be like " my son studied cyber security" working with effcc he has a big house in abuja she just can't control her happiness grin

Thank God you insisted on being stubborn then, now you are balling the cash and everyone is happy.

1 Like

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by DavidEsq(m): 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
Mama Lala: lalasticlala,why don't you go to work?
Lalasticlala:Mummy,I'm a moderator,on an online forum.
Mama Lala:Moderator kwanu! What are u moderating?Election Debate?
Lalasticlala: Mummy!!!! They pay me and I move threads to frontpage.
Mama Lala: what is frontapge? And why are u moving threads to front page.. Is front page a shop? Do you supply threads?
Lalasticlala: Mummy,biko kwanu! I do not supply threads... I move online topics to the homepage of an online forum.
Mama Lala: But I have never seen you carry suitcase and wearing suit to go to work... You are just in front of ur laptop all day.. Are u sure it's not 419 you're doing?
Lalasticlala: Mama!!!! Biko leave me... I've just seen a snake thread...
The snake thread part really cracked up, Wallahi! I don choke on top my meatless rice o

2 Likes

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by okechukwu101: 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
obi somto the photographer aka big face...
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Dantee005(m): 10:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
oluwasegun007:

a 35 yr old parent whose first child is 17yrs, is a new generation parent.... grin grin grin
K.. Didn't think of it dat way tho....

1 Like

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by MagnaB: 10:49pm On Sep 11, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
Mama Lala: what is frontapge? And why are u moving threads to front page.. Is front page a shop? Do you supply threads?
Lalasticlala: Mummy,biko kwanu! I do not supply threads... I move online topics to the homepage of an online forum.
Mama Lala: But I have never seen you carry suitcase and wearing suit to go to work... You are just in front of ur laptop all day.. Are u sure it's not 419 you're doing?
You no well o. See as u murder the guy. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by DanielGb(m): 10:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by DanielGb(m): 10:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
KillerBeauty:
Just imagine a girl who is a doctor bringing her boyfriend home for the first time and introducing him to her parents as a photographer, blogger or DJ.
Hmmm dem go just faint grin

What if the work is paying heavily kon.
How will dey react?
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by dumie(f): 10:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
You should try comedy ...

Ay gat nothing on you

1 Like

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by emeka2847: 11:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by engrshakespeare: 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
grin
CaptEColeJnr:
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by femi4: 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
Lalasticlala: Mama!!!! Biko leave me... I've just seen a snake thread
grin grin
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by signz: 12:27am On Sep 12, 2016
DanielGb:

What if the work is paying heavily kon.
How will dey react?

They will tell their daughter that the boy is lying.

He's either a fraudster or ritualist.

Nwa m nwanyi, blogging/photography no dey give that kind money
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Moneycar: 12:30am On Sep 12, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:

Classy.. . Really laughing out loud here
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by bootstrap(m): 1:19am On Sep 12, 2016
Parents you say?... I am not yet a parent, im in my 30s. And i doubt i will be comfortable with my kids opting for some of these professions straight out of high school.

I will encourage them for sure... To pursue passion. But also teach them to be able to combine stuff.
Be a lawyer, yet a musician. Be an artist and a photographer. Studying engineering or medicine and be a blogger (Vlogger). (did i hear smone say jack of all trade?)

My tot.... its usually safer to hv a fall back plan, just incase u decide that photography or whatever is no longer paying the bills. Maybe i am old school at heart, but i will never forgive myself as a parent if i let my kid go to school to study smthing he/she can still excel at without necessarily having a degeee at it... Esp a first degree.

Computer science, then become a programmer, bus admin and be a fashion designer, etc etc.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by louie3(m): 3:51am On Sep 12, 2016
Parents will never take time to understand their children. I can relate with the pressing lappy part
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Dfinex(f): 5:36am On Sep 12, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:

Lwkmd!!!......guy did I tell u that u just stole the show?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by SOPIGO: 6:07am On Sep 12, 2016
Singapore1:
NA MY OWN WORST PASS

people think na yahoo i dey do
the thing don tire me sef

you go explain and explain
Bros wat do u do? A programmer? Please.... Am really dying hard to learn programming. Any ideas to where I can learn around Ibadan pls.
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by ComradeDon: 6:10am On Sep 12, 2016
you are on point OP!!!
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Revolva(m): 6:12am On Sep 12, 2016
Stripping now don be certified job for gals
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by nextprince: 6:14am On Sep 12, 2016
KillerBeauty:
Just imagine a girl who is a doctor bringing her boyfriend home for the first time and introducing him to her parents as a photographer, blogger or DJ.
Hmmm dem go just faint grin
Blogger shouldn't be in ur list. It is a kind of one-man-modern-electronic-journalism. It will be appreciated by parents.
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by egojobs: 6:28am On Sep 12, 2016
My dad still find it hard to understand my profession till today. He want a lawyer but i opt for something totally different in the university.
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Kaycee7(m): 7:26am On Sep 12, 2016
Professional Gamer

I can't imagine how Naija parents will respond to this. I don't think they'll take you seriously at all.
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Flexherbal(m): 7:35am On Sep 12, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
Bat.... Guyzzzzzz!
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Basilona(m): 7:49am On Sep 12, 2016
kingofthejungle:
after you done go school finish you go say na nairaland moderator u come be

Rolling on the Floor. laffing my Butt out.
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by Dammiesugar(f): 10:17am On Sep 12, 2016
teejaypee:

then why don't you try explaining

I explain to people who ask me.
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by teejaypee: 10:30am On Sep 12, 2016
Dammiesugar:

I explain to people who ask me.
okay! smiley now I'm asking. . . Can you explain to me? smiley
Re: 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand by lalasticlala(m): 10:32am On Sep 12, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:

LWKMH

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How is minimum wage calculated? / They Were Expecting Sack Letter But She Surprised Them With Iphone 13 PRO MAX / I Want To Quit My Banking Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.