Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Watch Out! Fake Npower Ref Number Is In Circulation - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Watch Out! Fake Npower Ref Number Is In Circulation (2497 Views)

Watch Out, The N-Power Portal Reopens For Registration June 13 / Npower- My Account Number Is Incomplete / FRAUD: Fake N-power Form In Circulation In Kwara (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch Out! Fake Npower Ref Number Is In Circulation by opson2016(m): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
When there is online recruitment exercise in Nigeria, some bad guys will also come on the web to design a similar website, or to impersonate other real website.

Npower Job program isn't an exception. In one of my threads on this forum I warned applicants not to drop their email address on public forum, and never to share personal details with strangers .

So, have got your npower ref number?

The Npower email you got might be from a scam website.

This is because fake Npower reference no is already in circulation.

We did the research and here is how to check if yours is real or fake.
Re: Watch Out! Fake Npower Ref Number Is In Circulation by hummerwise(m): 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2016
You just want people to visit ur site for more adsense shey?

How can u tell if those ref num r fake?

Are you working with the government?

Hw are we sure you not a scammer ursef??

This bloggers and funny ways of creating false news

1 Like

Re: Watch Out! Fake Npower Ref Number Is In Circulation by Folzye(m): 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
hummerwise:
You just want people to visit ur site for more adsense shey?

How can u tell if those ref num r fake?

Are you working with the government?

Hw are we sure you not a scammer ursef??

This bloggers and funny ways of creating false news

Don't mind the liar, chai! Nigerians will do anything just to make money including manipulating people
Re: Watch Out! Fake Npower Ref Number Is In Circulation by opson2016(m): 10:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
Well, I think I'd be stupidity to exchange abuse with you Ill only urge you to check other threads I've written on nairaland even at the initial stage of Npower when there were no support centre numbers, I published my telephone number, and I've assisted lots of people in that regard.

So, you're entitled to your opinion, OK?

And for your information, some applicants have confirmed they did get such scam email.
Re: Watch Out! Fake Npower Ref Number Is In Circulation by danielnewton(m): 12:50am On Aug 04, 2016
This guy is a terrorist ..His identity should be get and Nairaland have to do something concern his false information....
Re: Watch Out! Fake Npower Ref Number Is In Circulation by Folzye(m): 5:38am On Aug 04, 2016
opson2016:
Well, I think I'd be stupidity to exchange abuse with you Ill only urge you to check other threads I've written on nairaland even at the initial stage of Npower when there were no support centre numbers, I published my telephone number, and I've assisted lots of people in that regard.

So, you're entitled to your opinion, OK?

And for your information, some applicants have confirmed they did get such scam email.

Don't you think it is stupid of you in the first instance to make up such false information, even with the way you think one will know you are stupid
Re: Watch Out! Fake Npower Ref Number Is In Circulation by Invincible2k2(m): 6:22am On Aug 04, 2016
I also got that mail that referred to me as "Dear Applicant". But on checking the details, i saw that it came from admin@npower.gov.ng. I just hope i'm still save sha...
Re: Watch Out! Fake Npower Ref Number Is In Circulation by opson2016(m): 6:50am On Aug 04, 2016
Invincible2k2:
I also got that mail that referred to me as "Dear Applicant". But on checking the details, i saw that it came from admin@npower.gov.ng. I just hope i'm still save sha...

If the domain email is from Npower.gov.ng it means you're safe.

But if it's from noreply@firetoms.com it means it's from another website posing as Npower.

What I'm saying is if you got it from firetoms try and call Npower support centre to ask, and I'm sure you'll be told any email from firetoms isn't from Npower meaning it's phishing
Re: Watch Out! Fake Npower Ref Number Is In Circulation by Invincible2k2(m): 9:19am On Aug 04, 2016
opson2016:

But if it's from noreply@firetoms.com it means it's from another website posing as Npower.

What I'm saying is if you got it from firetoms try and call Npower support centre to ask, and I'm sure you'll be told any email from firetoms isn't from Npower meaning it's phishing

I think i'm safe then. The domain name reads admin@npower.gov.ng
Re: Watch Out! Fake Npower Ref Number Is In Circulation by izzou(m): 10:58am On Aug 04, 2016
opson2016:

You should have simply helped us and by posting this at the beginning rather than pasting the link to your blog.

Thanks bro. I appreciate

grin
Re: Watch Out! Fake Npower Ref Number Is In Circulation by danielnewton(m): 1:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
RE: complain N-Power - 11:09 am to danielnewton81 Dear Daniel, Thank you for your interest in the N- Power Programme. No you are not. Please be assured that the reference number provided is valid irrespective of the name. We hope we have been able to address your concern. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch by calling our hotlines. We would love to hear from you. Best wishes, The N-Power Programme Team www.npower.gov.ng Twitter: @npower_ng Facebook: Npower Instagram: npower_ng
Re: Watch Out! Fake Npower Ref Number Is In Circulation by opson2016(m): 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2016
A guy called me this morning saying he's from firetoms.

He refused to identify himself. He however said firetoms is a consulting firm to Npower. I'm yet to believe him since he refused to identify himself.

He was reacting to an infobase report entitled "Watch out! Scam npower reference number in circulation"

Is it true that the said firetoms is a consultant to #Npower?

And is #firetoms has the order from Npower to send reference number to applicants?

Thanks,

(1) (Reply)

Coca-cola Ongoing Recruitment / Unilag Internal And External Advertisement / Npower :the Fairest Employment Scheme By The Federal Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.