Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,502 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos (59003 Views)

Lagos State Suspends NURTW Operations / Naval Officer Killed By Gunmen During Robbery Attack Along Abuja-kaduna Road. / Oshodi Crisis; NURTW Executives, MC Oluomo, Koko, Talo Settle Their Rift. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
I was expecting to see a video of the fight
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by emamos: 6:18pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:

I stay in Lagos ..it's at the discretion of an NURTW dues collector to pass a bus on dues if he wants ..there is no law in Nigeria that says when a military personnel enters a bus the bus shouldn't pay its dues ..let's stop supporting impunity ..if they born him well he should go to airport and say he has boarded a plane so the plane will not pay its airport dues
se agbero dey collect dues frm pilot ni? Lol

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
ki02020:

I guess you don't stay In lagos if not you will know the union worker should have respect the fact that there was a navy personnel in the bus and let the bus go which is the norm but the witches in his village were after him so he didn't know the right thing to do

The fact that it is the norm does not mean it is legal. Why should the presence of a 'staff' prevent a bus from paying the dues that even the driver and conductor know that he should pay.

I don't like those nurtw touts in uniform, but all the drivers accept that they have to pay the dues those guys are collecting. So a driver carries a staff on a journey worth a tfare of hundred naira, and then because of that he decides not to pay dues of three hundred naira. Makes no sense at all.

2 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by glossy6(f): 6:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
bro... dem no born NURTW official well to collect fees from a bus with a military personnel. even tho na traffic warden dey inside the bus sef.... that is Lagos for u

Abioo Staff na staff.

Which dues are the glorified agberos collecting self?
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by SaiNigeria: 6:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
Why disturbing a budding Tout aiming at surpassing the distinguished Yoruba tout Mc Oluomo

Please leave Yorubas to flourish their inherited profession

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
CXLVII:
The NURTW dude was cursed that morning.

How person go mad go confront Navy Personnel! Those dudes craze pass Soldier but there silence and dressing wont let you know
bros tell them
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by DabuIIIT: 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
Be ye warned,all ipads,ipob,samsungs,nokias,igbos,..STEER and STAY clear outta this magana,it is strictly an exclusive afonja family affair...thou must be an area boy,agbero,tout, highly sophisticated or better still,living under a brown roof enclosure to input thy contribution. Grace be to ye all.

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Lincoln275(m): 6:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
CXLVII:

How person go mad go confront Navy Personnel! Those dudes craze pass Soldier but there silence and dressing wont let you know
lolz! u sef know? abi u don collect from dem b4?

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by babdap: 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2016
One day Monkey go go market e no go return.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by cruz419(m): 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2016
And dat wat I call a well deserved beating I hope e lives to tell the story!! ;DA
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by CXLVII: 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2016
Lincoln275:

lolz! u sef know? abi u don collect from dem b4?

Bro! Those guys no well......

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by LaExpert: 6:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
Cutehector:
And someone is saying it's legal for youths to become "touts"

Well I laff at his mindset.

When some youths have won't go find something worthy to do, they are now priding demselves to be collecting money from those dat are hustling.

Bro, you don't get...this NURTW official is not just collecting money for himself, he's doing what the union asked him to do. That's his own duty.

The Naval officer was wrong to harass him, the driver knew the right thing to do, yet, he did not because a 'staff' was in his bus.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Horsesmouth: 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:
That's an NURTW dues collector and what he is doing is in no way Illegal ..the only illegal thing I see is a naval rating abusing his uniform and forcefully abducting a citizen for no reason other than he was a passenger in a bus and believes that bus doesn't need to pay dues

Is there NURTW agbero at UK or NY bus stops?
How do you feel comfortable in displaying your ignorance and backwardness?
You even used the word "legally" - you are a disgrace!

6 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by johnsonjosbles(m): 6:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:
That's an NURTW dues collector and what he is doing is in no way Illegal ..the only illegal thing I see is a naval rating abusing his uniform and forcefully abducting a citizen for no reason other than he was a passenger in a bus and believes that bus doesn't need to pay dues
see dem agbero. Waaatin consin you! Go proof to soldier u have right and been agbero is legal! Ur name na sorry.

I hate agbero with pession, I'v on many occassion overan agbero in abuja! They are criminals.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by grodt999: 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
An official of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) got more than what he anticipated for after he confronted a Navy personnel earlier today at Alakija bus stop in Lagos.

According to witnesses, the NURTW official wanted the collect fees from the driver of the bus which the Navy personnel boarded (which is against the "law" in Lagos). He was told to stand down due to the presence of a "staff" in the bus but he refused.

According to reports, the young Naval officer tried to calm the already infuriated official but he got angry the more and even charged at him (probably due to his young face). The young officer came down from the bus and rained him with hot slaps.

Within few minutes, a patrol van from Navy town which is across the road stormed the area and descended on him. The official was immediately dragged away in front of his colleagues.... Guess we all know what happened next.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/08/see-what-happened-between-young-navy.html

If you can't tell the difference between Navy NCO and Navy officer you should not be allowed to write articles like these.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Originalsly: 6:35pm On Aug 03, 2016
LaExpert:

Bro, you don't get...this NURTW official is not just collecting money for himself, he's doing what the union asked him to do. That's his own duty.

The Naval officer was wrong to harass him, the driver knew the right thing to do, yet, he did not because a 'staff' was in his bus.
The naval officer was only trying to make peace between the driver and the official....but he was attacked by the official.... what should he do?.... smile and collect slaps? We'll read later about the backlash the driver would receive.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by seangy4konji: 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
fery good...

Those nurtw people deh over do.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Horsesmouth: 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:

I stay in Lagos ..it's at the discretion of an NURTW dues collector to pass a bus on dues if he wants ..there is no law in Nigeria that says when a military personnel enters a bus the bus shouldn't pay its dues ..let's stop supporting impunity ..if they born him well he should go to airport and say he has boarded a plane so the plane will not pay its airport dues

What is NURTW?
Are their collections on the Approved Taxes & Levies Act?

Their underground tax collection is eroding the nation of IGR amounting to billions per month.
The FG is turning a blind eye simply because they use them for elections and they are yoruba.

But they can use air raids and bomb Ijaw pipeline vandals in Ogun Creeks under the guise that they are bleeding the economy.

If you compare IGR losses to NURTW with losses to pipeline vandalisation you will realise that NURTW costs more.

3 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by MissSlimbody(f): 6:42pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:

And what is the due(s) for exactly??
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by dacovajnr: 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2016
Haaa! The NURTW Official Village witches are @ work here..how e go take on Navy Officer coz he young for face..abeg anybody don see Navy wey old for face before? Coz me never see am coz dem dey always look fresh and we'll dressed..but my friend don't take their Gentility for granted coz their Madness no be here...Na Soldiers initial Gragra dey make ppl fear them but Navy mad pass them Oooo!..The day wey watch a single young Navy officer take on 4 Mopols in front of a police Stations with a dagger in his hand fear catch me..it took the intervention of 10 more Mopols to grab the Navy guy enter station grin grin
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by olagamalin(m): 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2016
Can someone help me here .... Is NURTW a legal body empowered by law to collect dues from transporters....or is it that a norm have been ignored so long that it's termed normal ...Or is it cos of obvious political considerations that we have allowed this anomaly to fester.

That been said .... The antics used by these overzealous and terribly uncouth thugs is worth stating. It's only normal that one day (or the other ).....the unlucky ones will meet their comeuppance.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by figoperch: 6:44pm On Aug 03, 2016
ki02020:

I guess you don't stay In lagos if not you will know the union worker should have respect the fact that there was a navy personnel in the bus and let the bus go which is the norm but the witches in his village were after him so he didn't know the right thing to do

What you call 'NORM' is in reality WRONG.

If the guy is truly an 'official' of NURTW, the Naval Rating is wrong.

However, they both needed to have shown respect for each other before the altercation escalated.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by sekundosekundo: 6:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:

Its the responsibility of FAAN to collect all airspace and airport dues and they do before any flight can leave and it's the responsibility of the NURTW to collect bus dues on roads and yet this rating is interfering. .The fact that out of goodwill they are usually not taxed doesn't mean it's their right oo

So they have the right to stop a vehicle on the high way and collect dues, wondering what happened to parks.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by LabiaDestroyer(m): 6:47pm On Aug 03, 2016
dude is a goner... he is done for
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by figoperch: 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2016
MissSlimbody:
And what is the due(s) for exactly??

The NURTW is a recognised Labour union in Nigeria. Their constitution and hierarchies are known and open to all.

What they do with their dues is for another day.

The Naval Rating was wrong to assault the NURTW 'official'.

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by sekundosekundo: 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
CXLVII:

You nailed it. (there silence and dressing wont let you know).
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by MyNation(m): 6:51pm On Aug 03, 2016
Hmmmmm what can I say
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by maasoap(m): 6:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
CXLVII:

I think you're somewhat right. I've read too many news on the abuse and impunity being carried out by those naval officers. One even killed a policeman in Rivers State about one or two years ago.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by LaExpert: 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
Horsesmouth:

What is NURTW?
Are their collections on the Approved Taxes & Levies Act?

Their underground tax collection is eroding the nation of IGR amounting to billions per month.
The FG is turning a blind eye simply because they use them for elections and they are yoruba.

But they can use air raids and bomb Ijaw pipeline vandals in Ogun Creeks under the guise that they are bleeding the economy.

If you compare IGR losses to NURTW with losses to pipeline vandalisation you will realise that NURTW costs more.

You should know that union members are expected to pay some form of dues, regardless of the type of union.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by oyetunder(m): 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:
. You are wrong please! Our law is actually against collecting dues on the road! It states that all dues must be collected inside the motor park, and nobody must collect such dues along the road. Penalty is even 6 months imprisonment. It is just that those who should enforce the law are part of the agberos illegal collections.

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Lawalemi(m): 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
Lagos trouble

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Young Boy Prostrating For President Buhari In Lagos (Photo) / Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral / Caption This Photo Of Buhari And Tinubu At Yobe Presidential Campaign Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.