Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,574 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos (59004 Views)

Lagos State Suspends NURTW Operations / Naval Officer Killed By Gunmen During Robbery Attack Along Abuja-kaduna Road. / Oshodi Crisis; NURTW Executives, MC Oluomo, Koko, Talo Settle Their Rift. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by cephassy(m): 7:46am On Aug 04, 2016
Good point, FAAN collects their dues without "inconvenience" to the paying passenger!
NURTW (National Union of Rugged Thug-Workers) should fashion out a modern and peaceful means of collecting their money (dues)without the usual everyday chaos. Infact, I fear for children who board commercial vehicles and see these menace, because they are being exposed to the very wrong culture!
#GodSaveNigeria.
idupaul:

Its the responsibility of FAAN to collect all airspace and airport dues and they do before any flight can leave and it's the responsibility of the NURTW to collect bus dues on roads and yet this rating is interfering. .The fact that out of goodwill they are usually not taxed doesn't mean it's their right oo

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by idupaul: 8:17am On Aug 04, 2016
cephassy:
Good point, FAAN collects their dues without "inconvenience" to the paying passenger!
NURTW (National Union of Rugged Thug-Workers) should fashion out a modern and peaceful means of collecting their money (dues)without the usual everyday chaos. Infact, I fear for children who board commercial vehicles and see these menace, because they are being exposed to the very wrong culture!
#GodSaveNigeria.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by humbledbyfaith(m): 8:26am On Aug 04, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/ It is one of those unwritten laws.
There is no law against sticking a finger in a boiling water.
He just learned the law in a hard way without a law degree. \

morning sire smiley you have mail...

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by wadetaw202: 9:02am On Aug 04, 2016
toyinid78:
and kindlt show me d one dat say agbero is legal,its only in nigeria u see silly things n nigerians value it

Use your head and stop acting like a Buffon. Agbero is attached to a bus to receive passengers and it is a legal occupation. Stop commenting like a soul with decayed brain.

And the guy is not even an agbero; he is a member of staff of NURTW and he is wearing uniform.

You should be ashaned of your life for promoting military manhandling of civilians. It is a barbaric and backward conduct.

It looks like you are as barbaric and backward as the naval people you are supporting.

Have you ever heard of military men being given "special" treatments in developed parts of the world?

Extract that your useless brain from your anus and wash it with hypo so that it can be useful to you again.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by wadetaw202: 9:06am On Aug 04, 2016
ki02020:

Well if you say am saying nonsense then I wonder what make sense to you...not paying for public transport is one of the privileges enjoyed by the men in uniforms...even LAWMA workers who are not force personnel don't pay for BRT fare

IT IS NOT A RIGHT. IT IS A PRIVILEGE AND IT IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE PERSON COLLECTING THE MONEY TO DECIDE ON ACCORDING THEM THAT PRIVILEGE OR REFUSE TO!

GET THAT STRAIGHT AND STOP SUPPORTING BARBARISM AND BACKWARDNESS
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by jasonmayowa(m): 9:48am On Aug 04, 2016
I Laff in spanish!! He was destined to receive the beating I guess!! Those douchebags could actually be a pain in the ass!!
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by jasonmayowa(m): 9:57am On Aug 04, 2016
wadetaw202:

Use your head and stop acting like a Buffon. Agbero is attached to a bus to receive passengers and it is a legal occupation. Stop commenting like a soul with decayed brain.

And the guy is not even an agbero; he is a member of staff of NURTW and he is wearing uniform.

You should be ashaned of your life for promoting military manhandling of civilians. It is a barbaric and backward conduct.

It looks like you are as barbaric and backward as the naval people you are supporting.

Have you ever heard of military men being given "special" treatments in developed parts of the world?

Extract that your useless brain from your anus and wash it with hypo so that it can be useful to you again.
at least you know we are developing, not developed!!...you expect the bus people not to collect t-fare from the navy dude and still pat the nurtw people, thereby loosing more than what they should? Try to Consider all parties when making decisions
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by wadetaw202: 9:57am On Aug 04, 2016
jasonmayowa:
I Laff in spanish!! He was destined to receive the beating I guess!! Those douchebags could actually be a pain in the ass!!

So, it is normal for a military man to be abusive and barbaric?

Most of you Nigerians just claim you are educated; you are still very backward in your minds and reasonings.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by wadetaw202: 9:58am On Aug 04, 2016
jasonmayowa:
at least you know we are developing, not developed!!...you expect the bus people not to collect t-fare from the navy dude and still pat the nurtw people, thereby loosing more than what they should? Try to Consider all parties when making decisions

Your mind needs complete overhauling.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Nostradamus: 10:10am On Aug 04, 2016
i really feel for dat agbero guy,he should have calm down when the naval guy was talking to him...the nurtw boy has extreme confidence(a common trait of criminals & cultists,they see themselves as invincible)
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by ekeroyal(m): 10:20am On Aug 04, 2016
What do they use all these monies collected for? I don't know if am wrong but it seems Lagos got the highest number of road touts in the world. Still stand to be corrected.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by 0Charity(m): 10:38am On Aug 04, 2016
if I hear,all the money dem dey collect wet no reach federal government, he suppose beat am to almost dead.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Nostradamu(m): 11:26am On Aug 04, 2016
ki02020:

I guess you don't stay In lagos if not you will know the union worker should have respect the fact that there was a navy personnel in the bus and let the bus go which is the norm but the witches in his village were after him so he didn't know the right thing to do

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...Bwhahahahahahahaha....Ki02020, Gor go bless you for making me laff so hard in the office today. Oh my. @ "...bus go which is the norm but the witches in his village were after him so he didn't know the right thing to do" wan bus my brain. Chai, una nogo kii persin for NL.

Okay, back to my senses now. The NURTW officer was overreacting, agreed. The so-called officer that slapped a civilian needs to be imprisoned [if it actually happened]. That's the height of cowardice not any military BULLSHIT. I've said and i'll keep saying it again, all the madness some (some of dem ooo, not all) of these guys display will reach crescendo one day, i swear. One day monkey go, go market, e nogo return.

Of course we kno NURTW to be a.holes and bunch of illegal thugs extorting money for what iyam yet to understand. Sadly, it all boils down to the same leadership, old, story. hmm.

Make i go back work.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by femsim(m): 11:31am On Aug 04, 2016
according to the post "which was against Lagos law" its illegal ...
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by ki02020(m): 11:32am On Aug 04, 2016
wadetaw202:

IT IS NOT A RIGHT. IT IS A PRIVILEGE AND IT IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE PERSON COLLECTING THE MONEY TO DECIDE ON ACCORDING THEM THAT PRIVILEGE OR REFUSE TO!

GET THAT STRAIGHT AND STOP SUPPORTING BARBARISM AND BACKWARDNESS

you think I got serve with your explanations?....NO...it is an official priviledge which your UNION worker should have treat with common sense...but he was overzealous in carrying out his duty...and don't get it twisted am an advocate of rules of engagement and so do I also believe in bending of rules when it is necessary...guess the union worker is not so smart to that level or only acting ignorance of it
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by ki02020(m): 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
Nostradamu:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...Bwhahahahahahahaha....Ki02020, Gor go bless you for making me laff so hard in the office today. Oh my. @ "...bus go which is the norm but the witches in his village were after him so he didn't know the right thing to do" wan bus my brain. Chai, una nogo kii persin for NL.

Okay, back to my senses now. The NURTW officer was overreacting, agreed. The so-called officer that slapped a civilian needs to be imprisoned [if it actually happened]. That's the height of cowardice not any military BULLSHIT. I've said and i'll keep saying it again, all the madness some (some of dem ooo, not all) of these guys display will reach crescendo one day, i swear. One day monkey go, go market, e nogo return.

Of course we kno NURTW to be a.holes and bunch of illegal thugs extorting money for what iyam yet to understand. Sadly, it all boils down to the same leadership, old, story. hmm.

Make i go back work.

God Bless Nigeria.

Lol

The union worker to me deserves what he got from the OP explanation
Accept the fact that the naval officer has no right to assault a harmless civilian

...and yeah GOD bless the federal republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by cosade(m): 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
ki02020:

Norm is not necessarily right... and besides not paying for transport service is one of the privileges enjoyed by the force men

If it is the norm then it should be the standard, something acceptable and of course right.

It is erroneous to think that military men should not pay bus fare. Over time the military authorities have been issuing warning to its Officers and men against such unruly behaviors. See this timely warning issued by NRC yesterday.

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/26677-Dont-board-train-without-tickets-NRC-warns-soldiers-police-and-para-military-personnel

https://www.naij.com/914111-no-staff-pay-transport-fares-lagos-warns-soldiers-police-officers.html
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by fcvklies: 9:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
idupaul:
That's an NURTW dues collector and what he is doing is in no way Illegal ..the only illegal thing I see is a naval rating abusing his uniform and forcefully abducting a citizen for no reason other than he was a passenger in a bus and believes that bus doesn't need to pay dues

''According to witnesses, the NURTW official wanted the collect fees from the driver of the bus which the Navy personnel boarded (which is against the "law" in Lagos). He was told to stand down due to the presence of a "staff" in the bus but he refused.''

Can you read
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Fowuzo76(m): 8:25am On Aug 05, 2016
idupaul:
No I am not ..I just loving standing for the truth ..in this particular situation the only illegal thing is the action of the Naval rating which surprisingly an educated lad like you doesn't see it as being wrong.
I never said it was right...bt he is an officer of d law, nationally,d lastma official should have respected dat.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by cosade(m): 6:54pm On Aug 05, 2016
wadetaw202:

Agbero is touting and it is an illegal activity outside motor parks in Lagos State. Though for a very long time, government has not been enforcing the law just like it did not, on the ban on street trading and hawking on highways and major roads, until recently.

It is good to make one's point without abusive words.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by wadetaw202: 7:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
cosade:

Agbero is touting and it is an illegal activity outside motor parks in Lagos State. Though for a very long time, government has not been enforcing the law just like it did not, on the ban on street trading and hawking on highways and major roads, until recently.

It is good to make one's point without abusive words.

Agbero is a Yoruba word for those who receive passengers into a bus. And that man is not an agbero. He is a staff of NURTW. He is wearing a uniform and THERE IS NOTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT HIS ACTIVITIES. There is no reason under heaven why the military man should abuse him or anyone else. The military man abused his right and here you are defending HUMAN ABUSE and BARBARISMS
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by cosade(m): 7:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
wadetaw202:

Agbero is a Yoruba word for those who receive passengers into a bus. And that man is not an agbero. He is a staff of NURTW. He is wearing a uniform and THERE IS NOTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT HIS ACTIVITIES. There is no reason under heaven why the military man should abuse him or anyone else. The military man abused his right and here you are defending HUMAN ABUSE and BARBARISMS

cosade:

National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) has no power to collect dues on the road, this is illegal. NURTW is only expected to collect union dues from its members (drivers and conductors), expected to be deducted from their salaries. This should be managed only within the motor parks and not on the road, what happens on the road is illegal. Only the local government is empowered to collect dues on the road and only in an orderly manner.

cosade:

If it is the norm then it should be the standard, something acceptable and of course right.

It is erroneous to think that military men should not pay bus fare. Over time the military authorities have been issuing warning to its Officers and men against such unruly behaviors. See this timely warning issued by NRC yesterday.

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/26677-Dont-board-train-without-tickets-NRC-warns-soldiers-police-and-para-military-personnel

https://www.naij.com/914111-no-staff-pay-transport-fares-lagos-warns-soldiers-police-officers.html

The agbero business should be confined within motor parks, once it extends beyond that place then it is illegal whether they wear uniform or not. I do not support unruly behavior of our military and paramilitary men some of my earlier posts indicate this.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by wadetaw202: 9:38pm On Aug 05, 2016
cosade:

The agbero business should be confined within motor parks, once it extends beyond that place then it is illegal whether they wear uniform or not. I do not support unruly behavior of our military and paramilitary men some of my earlier posts indicate this.

That poor guy brutalise and dehumanized by the military men is not an agbero. He is a staff of NURTW.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by cosade(m): 11:13am On Aug 06, 2016
wadetaw202:

That poor guy brutalise and dehumanized by the military men is not an agbero. He is a staff of NURTW.

I really sympathies with the poor guy for being dehumanised that way, but the point you didn't get is that he has no business collecting money on the road, it is illegal. If he is a staff member of NURTW, he should be in the Union Building within the motor parks doing NURTW legitimate business.

NURTW is just like NUT, NUJ (for teachers and journalists respectively), and are suppose to look into welfare of their members. NURTW's major source of income should be union dues payable by its members and this should be administered within its secretariats in motor parks and not on the roads. What you see happening on the Lagos roads are illegal, however for reasons best known to government have decided not to enforce that law, but one day one administration will do.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by wadetaw202: 1:25pm On Aug 06, 2016
cosade:

I really sympathies with the poor guy for being dehumanised that way, but the point you didn't get is that he has no business collecting money on the road, it is illegal. If he is a staff member of NURTW, he should be in the Union Building within the motor parks doing NURTW legitimate business.

NURTW is just like NUT, NUJ (for teachers and journalists respectively), and are suppose to look into welfare of their members. NURTW's major source of income should be union dues payable by its members and this should be administered within its secretariats in motor parks and not on the roads. What you see happening on the Lagos roads are illegal, however for reasons best known to government have decided not to enforce that law, but one day one administration will do.

Stop commenting like you just came to Nigeria yesterday in your disgusting effort at defending barbarism. You and I know that collecting union dues from those drivers can only be done right there on the road and not inside union building. How many drivers would drive into umioin building to lay their dues? Maybe none. How would the union finance their legal union activities if trhose dues are not paid?

It is even more disgusting that you recognise the "Nigerian factor" regarding collecting money from busses occupied by military men ( which is complete nonsense; one would think the military men are the ones feeding Nigeria), but you refuse to recognise same "Nigerian factor" regarding collection of union dues by the NURTW right on the road.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by cosade(m): 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2016
wadetaw202:

Stop commenting like you just came to Nigeria yesterday in your disgusting effort at defending barbarism. You and I know that collecting union dues from those drivers can only be done right there on the road and not inside union building. How many drivers would drive into umioin building to lay their dues? Maybe none. How would the union finance their legal union activities if trhose dues are not paid?

It is even more disgusting that you recognise the "Nigerian factor" regarding collecting money from busses occupied by military men ( which is complete nonsense; one would think the military men are the ones feeding Nigeria), but you refuse to recognise same "Nigerian factor" regarding collection of union dues by the NURTW right on the road.

Whenever insults and abuses start coming into civil conversation then it's time for me to stop.

I have actually made my point and that is what our law says in my opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari And Tinubu At Yobe Presidential Campaign Rally / Caption This Photo Of Military Men During Their Morning Training In Yobe Today / Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.