Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos (59002 Views)

Lagos State Suspends NURTW Operations / Naval Officer Killed By Gunmen During Robbery Attack Along Abuja-kaduna Road. / Oshodi Crisis; NURTW Executives, MC Oluomo, Koko, Talo Settle Their Rift. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by hakimi1974(m): 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
Originalsly:
The naval officer was only trying to make peace between the driver and the official....but he was attacked by the official.... what should he do?.... smile and collect slaps? We'll read later about the backlash the driver would receive.
kai, walahi five alomo for you.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by sekundosekundo: 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
adeaks:

The fact that it is the norm does not mean it is legal. Why should the presence of a 'staff' prevent a bus from paying the dues that even the driver and conductor know that he should pay.

I don't like those nurtw touts in uniform, but all the drivers accept that they have to pay the dues those guys are collecting. So a driver carries a staff on a journey worth a tfare of hundred naira, and then because of that he decides not to pay dues of three hundred naira. Makes no sense at all.

Pls tell your people to go to the parks and be collecting there dues not on the highway.

2 Likes

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by LaExpert: 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
olagamalin:
Can someone help me here .... Is NURTW a legal body empowered by law to collect dues from transporters....or is it that a norm have been ignored so long that it's termed normal ...Or is it cos of obvious political considerations that we have allowed this anomaly to fester.

That been said .... The antics used by these overzealous and terribly uncouth thugs is worth stating. It's only normal that one day (or the other ).....the unlucky ones will meet their comeuppance.

Yes, NURTW is a legal union in Nigeria.

All unions collect dues from its members.

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by maasoap(m): 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
Horsesmouth:

What is NURTW?
Are their collections on the Approved Taxes & Levies Act?

Their underground tax collection is eroding the nation of IGR amounting to billions per month.
The FG is turning a blind eye simply because they use them for elections and they are yoruba.

But they can use air raids and bomb Ijaw pipeline vandals in Ogun Creeks under the guise that they are bleeding the economy.

If you compare IGR losses to NURTW with losses to pipeline vandalisation you will realise that NURTW costs more.

I hope sey you're well. We dey talk about touts collecting dues from the members of their union, you dey talk comparing them with killers, rapists, vandals, kidnappers.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Horsesmouth: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
figoperch:

The NURTW is a recognised Labour union in Nigeria. Their constitution and hierarchies are known and open to all.

What they do with their dues is for another day.

The Naval Rating was wrong to assault the NURTW 'official'.

When you call NURTW a Labour Union, what you need ask yourself is if you cede so much of your own Income on a daily basis to the Union in the Industry you work in.

You need to be empathetic to the plight of the danfo, okada and rickshaw drivers.

Are you aware that on the average a rickshaw driver pays N1,200.00 a day to NURTW thugs, pays delivery to the owner of maybe N5,000.00 a day and is perpetually on a race against time to earn money for himself and his family per day. Then he will pay tax to Lagos State again.

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by figoperch: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
Horsesmouth:

Is there NURTW agbero at UK or NY bus stops?
How do you feel comfortable in displaying your ignorance and backwardness?
You even used the word "legally" - you are a disgrace!

Yes. Legally is the right word to use. The NURTW is recognized by Nigerian laws.

IT IS A LABOR UNION FOR CHRISSAKE.

This is Nigeria not the UK or US.

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by idupaul: 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2016
Horsesmouth:

Is there NURTW agbero at UK or NY bus stops?
How do you feel comfortable in displaying your ignorance and backwardness?
You even used the word "legally" - you are a disgrace!

NURTW is a union recognized by Nigerian law and the buses are members of the Union and they all have to pay dues as agreed by all members of the Union. It's a pity you can't tell the difference between an Agbero and an NURTW union due collector
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by LaExpert: 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Pls tell your people to go to the parks and be collecting there dues not on the highway.

How do you want defaulters to be handled?

There are better ways than collecting on roads though.

If a company does not remit its tax to FIRS, FIRS officials will visit the defaulting company in its registered address.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by figoperch: 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
Horsesmouth:

When you call NURTW a Labour Union, what you need ask yourself is if you cede so much of your own Income on a daily basis to the Union in the Industry you work in.

You need to be empathetic to the plight of the danfo, okada and rickshaw drivers.

Are you aware that on the average a rickshaw driver pays N1,200.00 a day to NURTW thugs, pays delivery to the owner of maybe N5,000.00 a day and is perpetually on a race against time to earn money for himself and his family per day. Then he will pay tax to Lagos State again.

Unfortuately, that's Naija for you.

Your position on the food chain is a key determinant to a lot of things.

The lower you are, the more dues you gotta pay.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by idupaul: 7:00pm On Aug 03, 2016
oyetunder:
. You are wrong please! Our law is actually against collecting dues on the road! It states that all dues must be collected inside the motor park, and nobody must collect such dues along the road. Penalty is even 6 months imprisonment. It is just that those who should enforce the law are part of the agberos illegal collections.

Not just parks ..but park and recognized bus stops
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by honestpoju: 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:
That's an NURTW dues collector and what he is doing is in no way Illegal ..the only illegal thing I see is a naval rating abusing his uniform and forcefully abducting a citizen for no reason other than he was a passenger in a bus and believes that bus doesn't need to pay dues

Are you an agbero? It's is not legal oga
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by figoperch: 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
Originalsly:
The naval officer was only trying to make peace between the driver and the official....but he was attacked by the official.... what should he do?.... smile and collect slaps? We'll read later about the backlash the driver would receive.

Na there the story change.....
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by oweman: 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
[quote author=seunlayi post=48158054]animals in uniform[

That was reason why late MKO Abiola called this bufoon mad dogs .
Wonder where this foolish uniform carrier was during the reign of GEJ when book haram was in charge of the north easth .
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by LaExpert: 7:02pm On Aug 03, 2016
Originalsly:

The simple thing the so called Naval Officer would have just done is to ask the driver to pay his dues.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Horsesmouth: 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
figoperch:

Yes. Legally is the right word to use. The NURTW is recognized by Nigerian laws.

IT IS A LABOR UNION FOR CHRISSAKE.

This is Nigeria not the UK or US.

You have made my point. This is Nigeria not UK or US.

A country where illegalities are branded legal.
A country where you pay 5% VAT at Mr Biggs and another 5% consumption tax (VAT again) to buy 1 meat pie.
A country where people like you use "legal" to justify what is wrong and turn around to complain that the country is not moving forward!

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by idupaul: 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2016
honestpoju:

Are you an agbero? It's is not legal oga

Try and know the difference between an Agbero and a certified union dues collector..shei u can see he is wearing his uniform
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Horsesmouth: 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:

NURTW is a union recognized by Nigerian law and the buses are members of the Union and they all have to pay dues as agreed by all members of the Union. It's a pity you can't tell the difference between an Agbero and an NURTW union due collector

They are agberos who are not in muftis. Dont you know that?
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by EmekaBlue(m): 7:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
Naval seaman not officer abeg.. Uniform power pple dey vex me
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by idupaul: 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2016
Horsesmouth:

They are agberos who are not in muftis. Dont you know that?

Those are the ones that are criminals and extortionist . They don't belong to the Union they usually belong to area gangs
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Boyooosa(m): 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2016
See him canverse, he don enter one chance. Ti e baa! grin
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by dadoctore(m): 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nothing much to it though, just a few slaps to effect the 'factory reset' function. grin
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Fowuzo76(m): 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:
That's an NURTW dues collector and what he is doing is in no way Illegal ..the only illegal thing I see is a naval rating abusing his uniform and forcefully abducting a citizen for no reason other than he was a passenger in a bus and believes that bus doesn't need to pay dues
sir...I think u dnt know wat u re saying....Nd I'm sure u re very corrupt judging from ur respond to this
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by honestpoju: 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:

Try and know the difference between an Agbero and a certified union dues collector..shei u can see he is wearing his uniform

I know sir. Just teasing aiit

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by henrimoto(m): 7:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:

Its usually done in goodwill and it's not their right . If he has a reasonable CO he will sleep in guardrail for kidnapping a man doing his legal work
I am not sure you are OK. see how you reason as if you dont know how wicked and heartless these "Agberos" do collect this dues from Bus Drivers and conductors.

And you claim to be a lagosian.....you dont know how its been done!
You think you can type abi..? You must be a "Bus-Stop Tout" with the way you reason.

Ko shi lo!!

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by NAVYdogg: 7:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
CXLVII:
The NURTW dude was cursed that morning.

How person go mad go confront Navy Personnel! Those dudes craze pass Soldier but there silence and dressing wont let you know

Badoo, u sound like ..
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by idupaul: 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2016
Fowuzo76:
sir...I think u dnt know wat u re saying....Nd I'm sure u re very corrupt judging from ur respond to this
No I am not ..I just loving standing for the truth ..in this particular situation the only illegal thing is the action of the Naval rating which surprisingly an educated lad like you doesn't see it as being wrong.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by VajanahDischaj(f): 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:
guy! Forget nURTw is illegal to the core! Feeding from who breeds, I dey mess dem up for Abj well well. I know ssay u be member.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by CXLVII: 7:25pm On Aug 03, 2016
NAVYdogg:

Badoo, u sound like ..

grin grin grin
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by idupaul: 7:25pm On Aug 03, 2016
henrimoto:
I am not sure you are OK. see how you reason as if you dont know how wicked and heartless these "Agberos" do collect this dues from Bus Drivers and conductors.

And you claim to be a lagosian.....you dont know how its been done!
You think you can type abi..? You must be a "Bus-Stop Tout" with the way you reason.

Ko shi lo!!

Do u realise that the bus driver is also a member of the Union and has agreed to pay those dues ..please don't feel pity for the driver because in reality he has built the dues into the bus fares so any payment bustop he fails to remit he will be stealing from his union . Try and understand how these things work before you blame me..it's the same in south Africa and Kenya ..in south Africa union even enforce thier dues with with guns
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Louiscutedude(m): 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
ayaaa
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by idupaul: 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
VajanahDischaj:
guy! Forget nURTw is illegal to the core! Feeding from who breeds, I dey mess dem up for Abj well well. I know ssay u be member.

No they are not ..they are a legal union and very powerful in Nigeria
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by donbabajeff(m): 7:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
Can someone give me reasons why NURTW exists and their merits in respect to transport Nationwide

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Young Boy Prostrating For President Buhari In Lagos (Photo) / Caption This Photo Of Buhari And Tinubu At Yobe Presidential Campaign Rally / Caption This Photo Of Military Men During Their Morning Training In Yobe Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.