Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,455 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos (59001 Views)

Lagos State Suspends NURTW Operations / Naval Officer Killed By Gunmen During Robbery Attack Along Abuja-kaduna Road. / Oshodi Crisis; NURTW Executives, MC Oluomo, Koko, Talo Settle Their Rift. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by ki02020(m): 9:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
fruqsy:

so you see this as a norm?

Well it depends on what your definition of norm is...from my teenage level down to adulthood that has always happen...a personnel from the force is regarded as a staff in public buses and they don't pay T fare ...that to me is a norm
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Sphilip1(m): 9:35pm On Aug 03, 2016
CXLVII:
The NURTW dude was cursed that morning.

How person go mad go confront Navy Personnel! Those dudes craze pass Soldier but there silence and dressing wont let you know

lol... Those witches in his family dont wanna see him live
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by innolala(m): 9:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
I believe u also collect moni on d road dat is y u see it as a legal tin.do u knw d trouble dis so call NURTwlW cus on d road. Nd u said d naval officer insulted jis uniform. After he tried to calm d so call official nd he refused wat do u expect d naval offiecer to do
idupaul:
That's an NURTW dues collector and what he is doing is in no way Illegal ..the only illegal thing I see is a naval rating abusing his uniform and forcefully abducting a citizen for no reason other than he was a passenger in a bus and believes that bus doesn't need to pay dues

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by cosade(m): 9:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
ki02020:

Well it depends on what your definition of norm is...from my teenage level down to adulthood that has always happen...a personnel from the force is regarded as a staff in public buses and they don't pay T fare ...that to me is a norm

Something wrongly done repeatedly, does not make it right.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by bennymcnonny(m): 10:00pm On Aug 03, 2016
CXLVII:
The NURTW dude was cursed that morning.

How person go mad go confront Navy Personnel! Those dudes craze pass Soldier but there silence and dressing wont let you know

You sabi them well well. No be lie
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by wadetaw202: 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2016
leobrownish:

serves him right. I wonder why touts always have full rights to collect money like say na dem citizens do election for....

It is legal for them to collect those dues. Dont comment on things you know nothing about.

Serve him right? So, your demented mind tells you it is right for a military man too slap a civilian?

Your mind is really demented. Upside down and lawless state of Nigeria has turned your brain upside down.

You now see abnormal things as if they are normal.

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by wadetaw202: 10:13pm On Aug 03, 2016
ki02020:

I guess you don't stay In lagos if not you will know the union worker should have respect the fact that there was a navy personnel in the bus and let the bus go which is the norm but the witches in his village were after him so he didn't know the right thing to do

Kindly show me which part of Lagos law book is it written that a bus carrying a military man must not pay dues?

You are one of those Nigerians with the mind of a slave.

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by ERCROSS(m): 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:

I stay in Lagos ..it's at the discretion of an NURTW dues collector to pass a bus on dues if he wants ..there is no law in Nigeria that says when a military personnel enters a bus the bus shouldn't pay its dues ..let's stop supporting impunity ..if they born him well he should go to airport and say he has boarded a plane so the plane will not pay its airport dues

Bros, pls read that ur write up again, quote me if u know it made no sense...

so, there is a law in the Nigerian constitution that permit NURTW to extort money from commercial vehicles abi
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by wadetaw202: 10:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
bro... dem no born NURTW official well to collect fees from a bus with a military personnel. even tho na traffic warden dey inside the bus sef.... that is Lagos for u

You should ask yourself if that is proper or not. Stop supporting nonsense

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by wadetaw202: 10:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
ki02020:

That you statement should be directed to the Union worker...he should go and collect dues at the airport as well na

It is disgusting that Nigerians who are supposed to speak up against wrong doings are the ones supporting it. Don't you feel you are saying nonsense?

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by idupaul: 10:39pm On Aug 03, 2016
ERCROSS:

Bros, pls read that ur write up again, quote me if u know it made no sense...

so, there is a law in the Nigerian constitution that permit NURTW to extort money from commercial vehicles abi

Do U know that NURTW is a union? Do you know that bus drivers are members of that union ? Do you know that they all agreed to pay thier daily dues as part of being in the Union? And yet you call it extortion..have they ever come to meet you in your car to pay the dues
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Horsesmouth: 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
figoperch:

I'm sure you understand what 'legality' really means.

For clarity of doubt, I repeat, Nigerian laws recognise NURTW as a LEGAL LABOR UNION guided by set down rules and regulations.
They have due/revenue collectors just like any other LABOR UNION.

Whatever they use their revenues for is a different topic entirely.

A Naval Rating assaulting a genuine member of a LABOR UNION while going about his legitimate business is very wrong.

Let's not digress.

The National Union of Road Transport Workers is a Nigerian organisation which functions as a mixture of a public transport company, street gang, and a transport worker's union.

The organisation raises fund through several methods, but the largest of these is charging fees - of approximately 20 Nigerian Naira at illegal checkpoints, and from local shop owners.

A large number of the NURTW have been arrested in recent months after a government crackdown on these unregulated fees, after the government embarked on a plan to stop people from collecting dues outside motor parks.[1] These people are known as agberos.

*Source-wikipedia
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by malthus231(m): 10:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:

I stay in Lagos ..it's at the discretion of an NURTW dues collector to pass a bus on dues if he wants ..there is no law in Nigeria that says when a military personnel enters a bus the bus shouldn't pay its dues ..let's stop supporting impunity ..if they born him well he should go to airport and say he has boarded a plane so the plane will not pay its airport dues

Sorry, u are talking like a mumu, I mean you need I-sense

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by ki02020(m): 10:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
cosade:

Something wrongly done repeatedly, does not make it right.

Norm is not necessarily right... and besides not paying for transport service is one of the privileges enjoyed by the force men
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by idupaul: 10:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
malthus231:

Sorry, u are talking like a mumu, I mean you need I-sense

You are clearly the senseless one that thinks it's okay for military men to beat up civilians on the slightest excuse..you are part of the problem so I send sense to u
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by ki02020(m): 11:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
wadetaw202:

It is disgusting that Nigerians who are supposed to speak up against wrong doings are the ones supporting it. Don't you feel you are saying nonsense?

Well if you say am saying nonsense then I wonder what make sense to you...not paying for public transport is one of the privileges enjoyed by the men in uniforms...even LAWMA workers who are not force personnel don't pay for BRT fare
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by figoperch: 11:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
Horsesmouth:

The National Union of Road Transport Workers is a Nigerian organisation which functions as a mixture of a public transport company, street gang, and a transport worker's union.

The organisation raises fund through several methods, but the largest of these is charging fees - of approximately 20 Nigerian Naira at illegal checkpoints, and from local shop owners.

A large number of the NURTW have been arrested in recent months after a government crackdown on these unregulated fees, after the government embarked on a plan to stop people from collecting dues outside motor parks.[1] These people are known as agberos.

*Source-wikipedia

Wikipedia reviewers definitely failed to see the contextual meaning of our words.

'Agbero' is a yoruba word which translates to someone who sources for passengers for a vehicle.
On the other hand, 'agbero' as a street word translates to a tout.

That there are numerous 'agberos' impersonating a NURTW revenue collector is not in doubt.

However if the NURTW official is in his legitimate beat, Navy F- UP.

Mind you, ' ANYbody can edit Wikipedia to say ANYthing.

NURTW is LEGIT.

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by malthus231(m): 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:

You are clearly the senseless one that thinks it's okay for military men to beat up civilians on the slightest excuse..you are part of the problem so I send sense to u

Hmm, u get it right, but atleast I'm more sensible than you, military don't Pay for fare in lagos dea ar knw as staff, but I think u must be a elite-illiterate
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by idupaul: 11:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
malthus231:

Hmm, u get it right, but atleast I'm more sensible than you, military don't Pay for fare in lagos dea ar knw as staff, but I think u must be a elite-illiterate
Did you even read the story well ..who told the naval rating to pay anything..you are just a naive person I guess
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by malthus231(m): 11:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:
Did you even read the story well ..who told the naval rating to pay anything..you are just a naive person I guess

My dear brother did you reside in ibadan, kebbi or anambra, if so u can't knw what we are discussing here, as a military personnel he don't need to pay for the fare if he wish. But since he'z not going to pay and d driver is going to give d agbero money, that will be shortage on d driver's side.

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by idupaul: 11:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
malthus231:

My dear brother did you reside in ibadan, kebbi or anambra, if so u can't knw what we are discussing here, as a military personnel he don't need to pay for the fare if he wish. But since he'z not going to pay and d driver is going to give d agbero money, that will be shortage on d driver's side.

Ibadan
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by captainjoh(m): 11:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
[quote author=idupaul post=48156766]

I stay in Lagos ..it's at the discretion of an NURTW dues collector to pass a bus on dues if he wants ..there is no law in Nigeria that says when a military personnel enters a bus the bus shouldn't pay its dues ..let's stop supporting impunity ..if they born him well he should go to airport and say he has boarded a plane so the plane will not pay its airport dues[/quote

guy shut up
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by malthus231(m): 11:35pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:

Ibadan
I talk am........no wahala, agbero no dea for ibadan now.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by 4everGrand(m): 12:12am On Aug 04, 2016
idupaul:
That's an NURTW dues collector and what he is doing is in no way Illegal ..the only illegal thing I see is a naval rating abusing his uniform and forcefully abducting a citizen for no reason other than he was a passenger in a bus and believes that bus doesn't need to pay dues

Haha, NURTW dues collector, a refined term for Agbero, ryt?

1 Like

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by InvertedHammer: 12:20am On Aug 04, 2016
idupaul:

/
It is one of those unwritten laws.

There is no law against sticking a finger in a boiling water.

He just learned the law in a hard way without a law degree.
\
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by idupaul: 12:24am On Aug 04, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
It is one of those unwritten laws.

There is no law against sticking a finger in a boiling water.

He just learned the law in a hard way without a law degree.
\

LOL. .best answer so far
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Sirnose(m): 12:38am On Aug 04, 2016
[quote author=idupaul post=48157029]
I may as well tell you that as military men,when they get to the airport,they are exempted from paying tolls at the toll gate and some other payments civilians make...so even at the airport, they have right there..
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by mikolo80: 2:25am On Aug 04, 2016
idupaul:
all the buses, he HAD to prove stubborn with THAT one ba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by Gkemz: 4:06am On Aug 04, 2016
If the navy personnel was putting on his normal camouflage uniform, the mumu nurtw wouldn't have been stubborn initially. With his babyface and that uniform, he thought he's a secondary school student.
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by FODA(m): 6:20am On Aug 04, 2016
All I can see are 2 animals wearing different uniforms,if other civil servants can pay their fare,what stop a navy officer from paying his tfare too?
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by toyinid78: 7:03am On Aug 04, 2016
idupaul:

Its usually done in goodwill and it's not their right . If he has a reasonable CO he will sleep in guardrail for kidnapping a man doing his legal work
I guess ur one of dem wats d right of nurtw to ur own? Dey collect free money marry ten wives n buy wat ever dey want abi dey use it to repair roads or build facilities for citizens?
Re: Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos by toyinid78: 7:08am On Aug 04, 2016
wadetaw202:

Kindly show me which part of Lagos law book is it written that a bus carrying a military man must not pay dues?

You are one of those Nigerians with the mind of a slave.
and kindlt show me d one dat say agbero is legal,its only in nigeria u see silly things n nigerians value it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Young Boy Prostrating For President Buhari In Lagos (Photo) / Caption This Photo Of Buhari And Tinubu At Yobe Presidential Campaign Rally / Caption This Photo Of Military Men During Their Morning Training In Yobe Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.