Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? (20491 Views)

Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment / Difference Between Blue Collar And White Collar Jobs / Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by ogene70: 6:48am On Aug 04, 2016
veekid:
sad
I'll go with self employed, the joy of being my own boss

Not just about being your own boss but you get to discover your depth quickly enough. I have tested both sides and I must tell you being an entrepreneur brings out the best in you.

1 Like

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Odgfidelity(m): 6:50am On Aug 04, 2016
If your considerations are financial freedom and job security, please build your own business. The present state of Nigeria should preach sense to many! Hit a like. My 2nd fp ever...

1 Like

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by eph12(m): 6:50am On Aug 04, 2016
Not everybody can be self-employed. Many will try to start a business but will end up closing it. Entrepreneur is not for everybody.

1 Like

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Genea(f): 6:58am On Aug 04, 2016
If I have a tangible thing doing, I wouldn't mind being self employed
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Emeka71(m): 6:59am On Aug 04, 2016
Self employment.
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by benedictac(f): 6:59am On Aug 04, 2016
Self employed all the way. Lost my job 2010 Dec. Since I didn't get another till August 2010, started a lil biz from home baking to be precised, to the glory of God today I have 3 staff. Have my freedom. So self employed all the way

2 Likes

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by cutesimplycalm(f): 7:01am On Aug 04, 2016
Everyone wishes to be self employed bt most are nt because of lack of enough capital to be ones own boss

1 Like

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by May19th: 7:02am On Aug 04, 2016
Another dumb thread this early morning. For a graduate to be asking this question shows he has no idea what he/she wants in life. SMH

1 Like

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by ariesbull: 7:10am On Aug 04, 2016
To be honest self employment us the key of economic growth ...ask igbo people ...they understand this well

T

1 Like

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by ariesbull: 7:11am On Aug 04, 2016
eph12:
Not everybody can be self-employed. Many will try to start a business but will end up closing it. Entrepreneur is not for everybody.
Excuses
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by akins56(m): 7:13am On Aug 04, 2016
lonelydora:
Most Nigerians wish to be entrepreneurs but the problem is Nigerian government and banks are not helping the masses. Sourcing for a loan in a bank isn't easy because of the conditions attached to it and the large interest rate.

Unlike American government that helps the citizens at a low or zero percent interest rate spread for years.

This is one of the reasons I am supporting the new JAIZ BANK, but I'm not a Muslim though and can't access loan there.
you don't need to be a Muslim before opening an account or accessing jaiz bank's products.
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by lonelydora: 7:15am On Aug 04, 2016
akins56:
you don't need to be a Muslim before opening an account or accessing jaiz bank's products.

I thought they said it's for Muslims? As a non Muslim, will my loan be interest free?
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Basalt(m): 7:21am On Aug 04, 2016
Everybody keeps shouting SELF EMPLOYMENT!

let's be realistic here.

Have you thought of capital for the business?
Or you think self employment is just as easy as some people thinks?

Just like me now who finished service on April this year and yet to be employed, how will the money for self employment come from?

The formulae is this.

Get job, save as much as you can, then you can now decide to owe a business if you desire, and mind you, To do well in business you should have experience in that business, if not, you may end up closing the business.

In short I am really tired of this country, situation keeps on getting worse.

No employment, nothing nothing.
Even those doing business are not finding it funny.

If I have my way, I am out of this country, atleast make I go do my Msc and get job over there, because Msc in Nigeria does not also guarantee anything.

2 Likes

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by eph12(m): 7:25am On Aug 04, 2016
ariesbull:

Excuses
Fact.
Some people are very good with taking care of other people business and they are well paid for it.

2 Likes

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by titane: 7:27am On Aug 04, 2016
Rooneyboy:

Yes , self employment is awesome , but believe u me , aint easy . I'm currently giving one a trial and putting the place in order has gulped more than 1 million already .

I feel like backing out @ this point sef , I'm just being encouraged by a friend.

........ Summarily , u have to be rugged to survive in the Nigerian business environment .
wow, you are rich o. how much is 3.5 gig, Mtn
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by bladeAnders(m): 7:27am On Aug 04, 2016
it all depends
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by akins56(m): 7:31am On Aug 04, 2016
lonelydora:

I thought they said it's for Muslims? As a non Muslim, will my loan be interest free?
sure, there is a branch close to my home here in kaduna.
Non interest banks also abound in the UK and some western states as well, they don't call them Islamic banks, rather they are known as non interest banks.

1 Like

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by LydayBobo(m): 7:32am On Aug 04, 2016
From experience salaried employment is a trap because no employer will pay you for your worth. I have proof
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by lonelydora: 7:35am On Aug 04, 2016
akins56:
sure, there is a branch close to my home here in kaduna.
Non interest banks also abound in the UK and some western states as well, they don't call them Islamic banks, rather they are known as non interest banks.

Thanks, maybe I will visit one of their branches in PH.
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by just2okworld(f): 7:38am On Aug 04, 2016
Bisjosh:
White collar then self employment.

You need to have capital before you decide to be your own boss.

Then I feel working in a structured organisation can also help shape your mind and way of reasoning.
True..
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 04, 2016
To be candid, I can't imagine a student spending four or five years in the university only to read books and pass exams without acquiring other skills. I still find it hard to believe that some students don't have a hobby or talent they can harness and carve a career from. If you are a graduate and still waiting or looking for employment am really sorry for you because they have denied promising to give 5k monthly to all unemployed graduates
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by yhuti(m): 7:47am On Aug 04, 2016
Rooneyboy:

Yes , self employment is awesome , but believe u me , aint easy . I'm currently giving one a trial and putting the place in order has gulped more than 1 million already .

I feel like backing out @ this point sef , I'm just being encouraged by a friend.

........ Summarily , u have to be rugged to survive in the Nigerian business environment .
......That's why nothing good comes easy
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by millennium2012: 7:50am On Aug 04, 2016
veekid:
sad
I'll go with self employed, the joy of being my own boss

It's easier said than done.
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Franktmubarak1(m): 8:01am On Aug 04, 2016
Self employed is the best opinion

1 Like

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by 2emgee(m): 8:15am On Aug 04, 2016
Road side recharge card sellers are self employed too.
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by seunoni34(m): 8:22am On Aug 04, 2016
Franktmubarak1:
Self employed is the best opinion
Self employment sounds so easy until you find yourself in it.

The truth remains that, not everybody will be self employed.
Some will have to work for a boss, the most important thing is that you're satisfied with what you're doing.
But most times its easier to be employed and running your business in the background, it's a stupid risk to put all your eggs in one basket. And I think that is what most employed persons including me are doing now.

1 Like

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 04, 2016
Op if u want to be rich I mean very rich forget paid employment. I have a friend who earns around 70k monthly I remembered asking him for a lone to venture into my next business and he kept abusing me saying things like that is how we fail in our Ventures but keep preaching self employment when we have nothing to show for it. To cut the long story short I made his 2 years salary in a month and 12 days angry now I know these guys are just living a fake life earning so little but yet packaged so big.
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by akins56(m): 8:47am On Aug 04, 2016
lonelydora:

Thanks, maybe I will visit one of their branches in PH.
they are only operating in northern states for now, morelike a regional licensed bank.
Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Jarus(m): 8:48am On Aug 04, 2016
brownjulie:
Self employment any day.... too lazy to work for someone grin

If you're going into self employment because you're too lazy to work for someone, you will do worse in self employment. Self employment actually entails more hardwork.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Debate Of The Day: Self Employed Jobs Or White Collar Jobs? by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 04, 2016
Basalt:
Everybody keeps shouting SELF EMPLOYMENT!

let's be realistic here.

Have you thought of capital for the business?
Or you think self employment is just as easy as some people thinks?

Just like me now who finished service on April this year and yet to be employed, how will the money for self employment come from?

The formulae is this.

Get job, save as much as you can, then you can now decide to owe a business if you desire, and mind you, To do well in business you should have experience in that business, if not, you may end up closing the business.

In short I am really tired of this country, situation keeps on getting worse.

No employment, nothing nothing.
Even those doing business are not finding it funny.

If I have my way, I am out of this country, atleast make I go do my Msc and get job over there, because Msc in Nigeria does not also guarantee anything.
let me make it easier for you, my pastor use to say where you are today is as a result of what you know. Do you think every self employed dude had millions or access to loans. Let me make easier for you again, I started two of my businesses with very little money, but I always knew what I had to do to raise the millions I need. Stop hiding in ignorance and ask the right questions how do i raise capital? you will find the answers you need.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DeaDear 2017 pre-selected applicants, Having issues with generating a OTP. / BGS Mgt Interview / How Do You Feel Staying At Home On A Monday Morning? Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.