Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals (9081 Views)

You Will Not Believe This Transformation Of The UAE / ₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) / UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by WhatOnEarth: 8:35am On Aug 04, 2016
Dear Nairalanders and whomever may deem it their concern,

I started a new job here in Abu Dhabi just last month and the company wants me to open a bank account where my salary will be paid every month. It is an absolute must that I open this account. The option of paying me by cash is N\A.

But for the past three (3) days I have been going from one bank to the other only to hear the same thing over and over again. "We don't open account for Nigerian nationals."

Please if there is anybody with knowledge of the matter I'd like him/her to share. I am totally at a loss as to what could have happened to warrant this kind of suspension.

After all Bubu was here not long ago on one of his anti-money-thieving trips. But the thing is that I'm doing a legitimate work and I have a letter from my company as prove that I'm not going to be stealing whatever money happens to enter that account when I open it.

I just sent a mail to the Nigerian embassy here in Abu Dhabi. I only hope they read and perhaps give a sort of reply. Meanwhile all are welcome to reply.

On a side note, I just heard that visa rules for Nigerian nationals have become even tighter. I don't know what could have happened to warrant all of this discrimination or should I call it incrimination.

Thank you all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by henrimoto(m): 9:00am On Aug 04, 2016
Do you have a residence permit?
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by WhatOnEarth: 9:12am On Aug 04, 2016
henrimoto:

Do you have a residence permit?

Of course. If I no get Residence & Emirates ID wetin I dey go find for bank?
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by henrimoto(m): 9:59am On Aug 04, 2016
WhatOnEarth:

Of course. If I no get Residence & Emirates ID wetin I dey go find for bank?
Even with. your resident permit and Emirate ID them refuse you? for Abu Dhabi!

Have you connet with fellow Nigerians in Abu Dhabi to know how its being done? I know say you no. fit go Dubai go open Bank Account.

wait, make I help. you ask one of our Reliable UAE-Nairaland Sis. weather her connection reach Abu Dhabi.

@justi4jesu, where you dey, abeg, your connection reach. Abu Dhabi so . what can you say about this. matter..?
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by justi4jesu(f): 6:12pm On Aug 04, 2016
henrimoto:
Even with. your resident permit and Emirate ID them refuse you? for Abu Dhabi!

Have you connet with fellow Nigerians in Abu Dhabi to know how its being done? I know say you no. fit go Dubai go open Bank Account.

wait, make I help. you ask one of our Reliable UAE-Nairaland Sis. weather her connection reach Abu Dhabi.

@justi4jesu, where you dey, abeg, your connection reach. Abu Dhabi so . what can you say about this. matter..?

Yes almost all banks don't open bank account for Nigerians again, except he opens just a salary account (i.e only his salary will go in and he withdraws immediately, nothing like saving his money inside or depositing money to withdraw it later. Most banks will give you a condition you can't meet up. cheesy
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by WhatOnEarth: 8:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
justi4jesu:

Yes almost all banks don't open bank account for Nigerians again, except he opens just a salary account (i.e only his salary will go in and he withdraws immediately, nothing like saving his money inside or depositing money to withdraw it later. Most banks will give you a condition you can't meet up. cheesy

Even that option isn't available presently.
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by kunzzy4me(m): 10:21pm On Aug 04, 2016
What nonsense embarassed

1 Like

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2016
This is craze...Gradually this guys keeps tagging all Nigerians as criminals.

1 Like

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by henrimoto(m): 12:26am On Aug 06, 2016
WhatOnEarth:

Even that option isn't available presently.
iru ako ba WO ni yi? person work finish to collect him money na wahala...

E bi like say na Abu Dhabi Emirates carry this thing for head pass. Omo, e bi like say you go go Dubai Emirate go open the Salary Acc. Abi na how you wan do?

@justi4jesu; Sis. Justi, thank you for your response jare.
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by WhatOnEarth: 8:11am On Aug 06, 2016
Me sef don relax for the mata sef.

I get option to collect sala thru exchange house. So no need for too much headache.

Thanks to everybody wen contribute for this tori. Even Nigeria embassy no reply my mail. Hmmm. Yeye smell reach here ooo
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by onatisi(m): 8:14am On Aug 06, 2016
hilaomo:
even the dullard president went abroad and told the whole world that his country men are corrupt,so what do u expect from the international community all these coupled with the fact that some Nigerians are also involved in one crime or the other abroad. What the use is trying to do is to limit the number of Nigerians living in their country by making it extremely difficult for them.

2 Likes

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by justi4jesu(f): 8:27am On Aug 06, 2016
hilaomo:

It's not their fault, your brothers are reprehensible anywhere they go. Me sef dey shame for them. undecided

2 Likes

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by justwise(m): 8:32am On Aug 06, 2016
onatisi:
even the dullard president went to abroad and told the whole world that his country men are corrupt ,so what do u expect from the international community all these coupled with the fact that many Nigerians are also involved in one crime or the other abroad. What the use is trying to do is to limit the number of Nigerians living in their country by making it extremely difficult for them.

The truth is bitter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 06, 2016
You need to understand the discrapancy behind account opening in UAE for Nigeria citizen b4 posting & commenting. Nigeria govt & EFCC discover that so many fraudulent politician uses an ordinary Nigeria resident in the UAE to laund money & as a result, the only way to stop the trend is to stop opening an account 4 Nigerian's in UAE

1 Like

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by onatisi(m): 11:20am On Aug 06, 2016
fados4sure:
You need to understand the discrapancy behind account opening in UAE for Nigeria citizen b4 posting & commenting. Nigeria govt & EFCC discover that so many fraudulent politician uses an ordinary Nigeria resident in the UAE to laund money & as a result, the only way to stop the trend is to stop opening an account 4 Nigerian's in UAE
so what precisely is your point?

1 Like

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 06, 2016
onatisi:
so what precisely is your point?
Don't quote me, thanks
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by onatisi(m): 11:29am On Aug 06, 2016
fados4sure:

Don't quote me, thanks
You still haven't answered my question. What precisely is your point?

1 Like

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by onatisi(m): 11:30am On Aug 06, 2016
fados4sure:
so what precisely is ur point

1 Like

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by WhatOnEarth: 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2016
onatisi:
so what precisely is ur point

I'm thinking his point is that Bubu has instructed the good people of UAE to help him police his 'useless, senseless, indisciplined' children. They never asked him about those who are doing legitimate work and he didn't bother to ask.

To be fair, one bank told me that they have to see my financial history for the past six months with any other UAE bank.

But that approach still doesn't make sense because it ropes everybody into the corruption cabal. Whatever they may have discussed, they could have just included the phrase, "except a salary account." They could have devised a system to raise an alert if more than double your salary shows up in your account at any given month.
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by OlowoB(m): 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2016
onatisi:
even the dullard president went abroad and told the whole world that his country men are corrupt,so what do u expect from the international community all these coupled with the fact that some Nigerians are also involved in one crime or the other abroad. What the use is trying to do is to limit the number of Nigerians living in their country by making it extremely difficult for them.

You just had to bring your hatred for the president to this thread again right?

When any member of your family manages to be so dull as to become a president, please let me know.

And you that is very smartd, I hope you are currently living a better life than the presidents children.

@op this is a very sad situation. The discrimination is something else. Let all Nigerians play their part and give a positive impression any country we go to. That is the solution not cursing leaders unnecessarily.

All the best op.

2 Likes

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by OlowoB(m): 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2016
fados4sure:

are you for real? I mean did you just write this? So the best way to stop corruption is to prevent all Nigerians from opening an account? you mean opening a salary account is also corruption? I am sure you have had too much to drink this weekend sir.

Have a nice rest.

1 Like

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by OlowoB(m): 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
justi4jesu:

It's not their fault, your brothers are reprehensible anywhere they go. Me sef dey shame for them. undecided

You also come across as someone who would have made such a decree of you happen to find yourself in a position of authority. You need to change your mentality.

We have Nigetians as criminals and we also have the very good ones. Are you a criminal? Are you not also Nigerian? No need justifying what is wrong.

This is a clear case of discrimination against all nationals of a country and must be condemned. There should be better ways of handling issues like this if there is a case of massive corruption going on.

If the government of UAE were really serious, they should have just stopped all Nigerians from coming into their country. Then we will take them serious. Can they do that? No cos they also make money from Nigerains. Highest form of Hypocrisy. Nonsense.

Cutting off ones head is not the solution to a constant headache.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2016
OlowoB:

are you for real? I mean did you just write this? So the best way to stop corruption is to prevent all Nigerians from opening an account? you mean opening a salary account is also corruption? I am sure you have had too much to drink this weekend sir.

Have a nice rest.
hahaha

http://www.visaandimmigrationinfo.com/2015/05/dubai-banks-close-accounts-of-nigerians.html?m=1
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by onatisi(m): 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
fados4sure:

hahaha

http://www.visaandimmigrationinfo.com/2015/05/dubai-banks-close-accounts-of-nigerians.html?m=1
so what precisely is your point? Because it seems you are just posting links without reading or going through them.

1 Like

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by Authe01: 7:24am On Dec 05, 2016
I have been in the uae for the past 6 years... the issue on ground is not about buhari. It's been on for so long. I advice you to check out Emirate nbd. Its my bank so am sure u won't be rejected because you are a Nigerian. One of the major reasons why Nigerians are turned down in opening account is based on fact that some nigerian guys have successfully hacked into their system and stole some money online simply because they have accounts with them. So I don't really blame them for doing so. The norm here is you represent your country; if you do bad ,every of ur national is termed bad. Also there is this general believe that Nigerians elope with loans when granted. Since you can't get a loan if you don't have an account with them hence they reject Nigerians.
I just want to use this medium to appeal to every Nigerian living abroad to always be fair in whatever they do. And also consider integrity above money making. Together we can rebrand the name of Nigeria abroad. God bless Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by hustla(m): 5:49am On Dec 10, 2016
onatisi:

Se the president lie?
It's either wire boys open accounts in uae for funds or Politicians do their own stealing and laundering.
. Smh
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by Marytee2: 1:13pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hello OP. I want to ask that, aside from getting salary through exchange in UAE, a Nigerian cannot still open account or the situation has changed.
Thank you.
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by samhay: 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
Marytee2:
Hello OP. I want to ask that, aside from getting salary through exchange in UAE, a Nigerian cannot still open account or the situation has changed.
Thank you.

Situation has changed, some banks now open account for Nigerians
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by TheCongo2: 8:09am On Dec 18, 2017
Authe01:
I have been in the uae for the past 6 years... the issue on ground is not about buhari. It's been on for so long. I advice you to check out Emirate nbd. Its my bank so am sure u won't be rejected because you are a Nigerian. One of the major reasons why Nigerians are turned down in opening account is based on fact that some nigerian guys have successfully hacked into their system and stole some money online simply because they have accounts with them. So I don't really blame them for doing so. The norm here is you represent your country; if you do bad ,every of ur national is termed bad. Also there is this general believe that Nigerians elope with loans when granted. Since you can't get a loan if you don't have an account with them hence they reject Nigerians.
I just want to use this medium to appeal to every Nigerian living abroad to always be fair in whatever they do. And also consider integrity above money making. Together we can rebrand the name of Nigeria abroad. God bless Nigeria

It is called discrimination. And I am shocked when you indicate you don't really blame them.
You can't punish an entire race or nation for the action of some people.
That is why I love living in North America given that poo like this will never happen over here.
Those banks would be facing litigation should something like this happen in North America. But given that the UAE is a jungle with no law, anyone can act as they see fit. SMH

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arik, Aero Lose N16.5m Daily Over Closure Of Warri Airport / Relocating To South Africa / Passengers Weep As Aero Aircraft Struggle To Land For Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.