Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals (9082 Views)

You Will Not Believe This Transformation Of The UAE / ₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) / UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by Tochyno1995(m): 8:20am On Dec 14, 2019
samhay:

Situation has changed, some banks now open account for Nigerians

Abeg which of the banks bro. I am in Dubai and i am a Consultant here. I have also been facing this issue for the past 9 months
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by Blackaxe16(m): 11:21am On Dec 14, 2019
Authe01:
I have been in the uae for the past 6 years... the issue on ground is not about buhari. It's been on for so long. I advice you to check out Emirate nbd. Its my bank so am sure u won't be rejected because you are a Nigerian. One of the major reasons why Nigerians are turned down in opening account is based on fact that some nigerian guys have successfully hacked into their system and stole some money online simply because they have accounts with them. So I don't really blame them for doing so. The norm here is you represent your country; if you do bad ,every of ur national is termed bad. Also there is this general believe that Nigerians elope with loans when granted. Since you can't get a loan if you don't have an account with them hence they reject Nigerians.
I just want to use this medium to appeal to every Nigerian living abroad to always be fair in whatever they do. And also consider integrity above money making. Together we can rebrand the name of Nigeria abroad. God bless Nigeria
pls can we chat in private here
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by Blackaxe16(m): 11:24am On Dec 14, 2019
Blackaxe16:
pls can we chat in private here
is my whatapp number 08135019485
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by samhay: 2:19pm On Dec 16, 2019
Tochyno1995:

Abeg which of the banks bro. I am in Dubai and i am a Consultant here. I have also been facing this issue for the past 9 months

Check ADCB, EMIRATES ISLAMIC, Dubai Islamic

1 Like

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by Deema907: 7:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
Funny enough this is 2022 nd I had the same issues being trying to open a salary account for more than 4 months now same story sorry we cant open for you cus u re Nigerian
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by Olaide1295: 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2022
I have tried almost all banks in the UAE and none is opening account for Nigerians as of now.
I must say I have never felt so disappointed at being a Nigerian as much as I feel now. How can we make it in a country that has alienated us from it's financial systems.
I have residency and Emirates ID.
All digital banks rejected me because I am Nigerian. My friends here from other countries opened without problems.
This is really terrible. I await Emirates NBD's response.

1 Like

Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by jesmond3945: 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2022
Olaide1295:
I have tried almost all banks in the UAE and none is opening account for Nigerians as of now.
I must say I have never felt so disappointed at being a Nigerian as much as I feel now. How can we make it in a country that has alienated us from it's financial systems.
I have residency and Emirates ID.
All digital banks rejected me because I am Nigerian. My friends here opened without problems.
This is really terrible. I await Emirates NBD's response.
na the activities of cultists cause am
Re: UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals by Goodman247: 5:01pm On Aug 10, 2022
Everything about nigeria is negative, so much religion yet so much evil, this country don cast

(1) (2) (Reply)

Passport Retention By Uk Embassy / Nigeria Is A Failed Miserable Country / How Can I Get To Ikotun..from Berger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.