Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Abia Government Bans Street Trading - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Government Bans Street Trading (13681 Views)

Abia Government Extends Curfew In Aba / Abia Government Constructs Highway In Arochukwu Forest(pictures) / Men Who Stormed Abia Government House With Suspicious Materials Arrested. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by Shabib(m): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
K.
Let's see
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by Shabib(m): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
K.
Let's see
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by cupidhero(m): 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
Make GPS enabled thunder fire Ikpeazu and his f00lish advicers. Even dirty Abia State won follow ban street hustle.
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by kaygeorge(m): 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
no be for ariara market ooo
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by djakinwande(m): 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
This is a good development but I dnt knw what's wrong with some people with d way dey scream d govt is wicked nd how do dey want d traders to survive undecided like seriously do we need to b at one place in dis century?? Are dey destined to hawk on the street?? Are they no other ideas they have Dan to hawk?? Like seriously some people need to grow up undecided

2 Likes

Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by Emilokoiyawon: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin Idonbilivit - the governor of Abia must be a Yoruba man grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by IrradiatoR: 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
how will "they" see this?
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by demolinka(m): 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2016
Wailers go still come say Na buhari fault!

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by LORDOFTHEOSU: 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
DIFY20:

mugu no BE una Yoruba women dey hwak medicine upandan for ABA

otondo No be your brothers dem dey execute like dogs for indonesia? angry

Ambode banned street trading in Lagos, if it makes you lose your source of income, go jump into the lagoon. kudos to ikpeazu for banning all those gala and fanyogo miscreants at Alaoji market b/stop. If e pain you, jump inside imo river angry

13 Likes

Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by ipledge10(m): 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2016
izzou:

Shoot

And hope its not Mr Nairaland contest
baba u don get me...Saturday is the last day, i no go everly disturb u again after that

Iamkingzlee e dakun, epp me
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by faitheverest(f): 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2016
My Governor, my Governor. ....
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by izzou(m): 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2016
ipledge10:
baba u don get me...Saturday is the last day, i no go everly disturb u again after that

Iamkingzlee e dakun, epp me

Dats my candidate naa

You can ask him

I thought you wanted to mention someone else

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by Raydos: 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
Hello fellow nairalanders,

you've just been pranked
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by ipledge10(m): 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
izzou:

Dats my candidate naa

You can ask him

make sense...I hail
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2016
Not achievable ..... Argue as you like.
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by iamkingzlee(m): 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
izzou:

Dats my candidate naa

You can ask him

MY man, my man!! cheesy
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by MadCow1: 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2016
Good Move..

We either want to live in an organize and functional society or we choose to live in chaos.

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by MadamExcellency: 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2016
Progressive01:
Genghen!

You see the problem with iPod Tadpoles.

Just a coupla weeks ago, they e-lynched Ambode and indeed the SW and APC for their "anti-people policies", and today, one of theirs has done exactly the same.

The other time, they blasted Northern lawmakers for kicking against a "gender equality bill" saying Muslims are backward in civilisation- couple of weeks later, the Enugu state HoA members shut down a similar bill, with some of the most vocal opponents to the bill citing verses in the Bible. One wondered then, how many Northerners are in their HoA!

Then the Ese Oruru saga hit us like a thunderbolt and they as usual, lumped all Northerners together and took them to the cleaners! About a month later, two teenage girls were raped to death in Ebonyi by four boys- two of whom were granted bail at the behest of one "Chief Ogbonaya" (I stand to be corrected).

No one would forget the ambassadorial nominee from the North who found it hard to recite the national anthem. iPad Tadpoles yet again lumped all northerners together and cursed the living daylights out of them- two days later, a lady from Ugu Republic, nominated for a similar position couldn't recite the national pledge!!!!

What I'm trying to say is, you guys should stop being too damn emotional about politics and stop being unnecessarily hateful of others different from you, because time and again, no sooner do you say those words than they turn around to hunt you.

It is well with patriotic Abians.

Stop the obfuscation of facts contained in the article explaining Abia State Government directives.

Street trading that was banned in Abia State is different from Hawking.

The Governor did not ban Street hawkers neither did he stop "concentrated street shops" without alternative.

He provided both constant electricity, security and affordability of the shops as low as N5000 per month and N120,000 per annum for bigger shops.

Tell me which other affordable alternatives others offered compared to what you read from the article.

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by MadCow1: 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2016
Celebritygaga:
Not achievable ..... Argue as you like.

Same shit Nigga said about the ban on Okada.. grin

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by izzou(m): 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
iamkingzlee:
MY man, my man!! cheesy

Igweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

cool
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by ogawisdom(m): 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
Aba is not yet ripe for this. This flat head ikpeazu shld allow d poor masses to earn a living. Most of them cant afford to pay 5k monthly for a shop. Dt Aba mega mall was a needless project n they r forcing ppl to embrass it jst to raise d States IGR besides it's totally off aba main town.
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by seunwen2(m): 6:41pm On Aug 04, 2016
How do you want the poor masses to survive?
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Stop the obfuscation of facts contained in the article and Abia State government directives

Street trading that was banned in Abia State is different from Hawking.

The Governor did not ban Street hawkers neither did he stop street shops without alternative.

He provided both constant electricity, security and affordability of the shops as low as N5000 per month and N120,000 per annum for bigger shops.

Tell me which other affordable alternatives others offered compared to what you read from the article.
yeah right ..

He provided alternatives for millions of street traders in abia.. How many of them can even afford 5000 per month.
Some people don't even make 5000 a month

I wonder if you are evn gonna say this if it is Lagos or kano..

Hypocritical flat heads.

11 Likes

Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by teemy(m): 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
Compared to most evacuations I have been this is way much better comparing that enough time was given for the exodus announcement as well as providing cheap alternatives to the traders. Yes, there must be environmental improvement but doing so with a caring heart regards the effect on the people is a priority as well as time for adequate transition.
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by taurustm(m): 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
i believe Nigeria is yet to reach this stage. it's not every business owner that's capable of paying 5k each month. Enough considerations should be given to those trying to eke out their living. Nigeria's economic is affected and everybody is aware, government should try show pity in their strategies implementation.
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by DIFY20(f): 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
LORDOFTHEOSU:

Ambode banned street trading in Lagos, if it makes you lose your source of income, go jump into the lagoon. kudos to ikpeazu for banning all those gala and fanyogo miscreants at Alaoji market b/stop. If e pain you, jump inside imo river angry

NO UR MASTER tinubu BE THE drug lord for nigeria.. stupid yahoo boys, cheaters, scammers...dats y women hate una guys

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by nextstep(m): 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ban ban ban! That's all we can do. Provide jobs, no. Let us hustle small. No.

At least there's no ban on armed robbery... undecided
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by madjune(m): 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
This is a huge joke. It can't work.

Then, what's the meaning of Aba?
Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by LORDOFTHEOSU: 6:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
DIFY20:

NO UR MASTER tinubu BE THE drug lord for nigeria.. stupid yahoo boys, cheaters, scammers...dats y women hate una guys

Yes o. Drug lords with sense unlike some that hear their brothers were executed yesterday in Indonesia yet will still load drugs to the same Indonesia tomorrow. when reggae change to blues, they start screaming genocide cheesy

See the same crooked tinubu in a meeting with John Kerry. oya show me a picture of Nonso Kingsley with the Indonesian Foreign minister before he exited this earth in a hail of gunfire cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by encryptjay(m): 6:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
Progressive01:
Genghen!

You see the problem with iPod Tadpoles.

Just a coupla weeks ago, they e-lynched Ambode and indeed the SW and APC for their "anti-people policies", and today, one of theirs has done exactly the same.

The other time, they blasted Northern lawmakers for kicking against a "gender equality bill" saying Muslims are backward in civilisation- couple of weeks later, the Enugu state HoA members shut down a similar bill, with some of the most vocal opponents to the bill citing verses in the Bible. One wondered then, how many Northerners are in their HoA!

Then the Ese Oruru saga hit us like a thunderbolt and they as usual, lumped all Northerners together and took them to the cleaners! About a month later, two teenage girls were raped to death in Ebonyi by four boys- two of whom were granted bail at the behest of one "Chief Ogbonaya" (I stand to be corrected).

No one would forget the ambassadorial nominee from the North who found it hard to recite the national anthem. iPad Tadpoles yet again lumped all northerners together and cursed the living daylights out of them- two days later, a lady from Ugu Republic, nominated for a similar position couldn't recite the national pledge!!!!

What I'm trying to say is, you guys should stop being too damn emotional about politics and stop being unnecessarily hateful of others different from you, because time and again, no sooner do you say those words than they turn around to hunt you.

It is well with patriotic Abians.
Good day, I commend you for your honesty.
It's sardonic that these Ugandans have this heavy load of hate in them and it's impossible for them to even support any iota of positivity coming from a region outside theirs especially the North.
There's no single day you don't see hateful comments from their end.
I pray the god they serve touch their hearts.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Government Bans Street Trading by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 6:50pm On Aug 04, 2016
LORDOFTHEOSU:

Stupid yahoo boy ....hope say u don scan white women finish...hopehopeless tribe

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Inaugurates Presidential Committee On North East Initiative (photo) / Murtala Mohammed's 79th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Barnabas Bala Bantex To Run For Kaduna South Senate Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.