Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Do You Think Its A Wise Decision To Ask Your Girlfriend Or Wife About Her Past? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Think Its A Wise Decision To Ask Your Girlfriend Or Wife About Her Past? (762 Views)

Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? / Guy Would You Alow Your Girlfriend Or Wife To Wear This Outside / 7 Signs Your Girlfriend Or Boyfriend Has Lost Interest In The Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Its A Wise Decision To Ask Your Girlfriend Or Wife About Her Past? by emmakvsaint(m): 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
Hi RomanceLanders,

Here is a very Vital and Important topic to talk about.. This Topis has ruined many relationship over time and will keep destroying many more relationship to come.

Tell me about your Past is one sentence some matured and intelligent guys will never talk about in their relationship. You know why? The answer is very simple.. The Answer won’t solve any Problem instead it will only create Troubles for you and your partner and the relationship might eventually end badly.

98% of the Guys wants to know about their Girlfriend’s past.. What for?

If a girl is sincere enough and she opens up to you, Telling you how she has survived breakups from different guys, How one guy met her, convinced her and maybe she gave him a Trial and the guy ended up sleeping with her and the relationship stopped plus many other horrible stories that she had before she finally met you. Believe me, if you are not strong or matured enough to handle things, You might start hating that girl at that very moment she’s narrating her past to you.

Now you know her past.. right? Can you change or correct her past? NO! So why do you care to know?

I remember how I asked my Girlfriend about her past with her Ex-Boyfriend 2 years ago, After she narrated the story to me telling me how she met her Ex at a Birthday party in Ojota and how the guy scoped her to have s*x with him which she eventually fell for, I was Sad and feeling down immediately, but we never started dating when all this happened na, So why am I worried? I don’t know!!

3 months after she narrated the ugly story to me, She informed me she was going for a Party with some of her Friends on the Island, I gladly allow her go and she left happily. After about 5 hours, It was around 10:30pm and I called and called my Girl but she was not picking up and later the number was not even ringing again.. Guess what came to my Mind! I was already thinking maybe the same thing that happened at the Birthday party is happening again, I felt so Sick.

After 1hr, She came back home with a bleeding head, She actually had and accident but my own thinking was maybe she’s actually doing her Sh!t again.. May God forgive me.

Now, Imagine she came back home without any Injury.. The first question I would have asked her was “Why are you not picking my Calls?” and if she try to talk or I don’t believe what she said, I might end up calling her a Prostitute and then things will start going wrong even when she did not do any Sh!t.

So, Whats the Importance of asking about her Past??

How do men feel when they know the woman they are marrying has a dirty past?

Please guys and ladies on Nairaland, Please avoid this Relationship Killing Question “Tell Me about Your Past“.. It can end you sweet relationship!

As far as I’m concerned, the past should remain firmly in the past..

If you have problem dealing with your Girlfriend’s past, Ask yourself this simple question “Is my own past good either? Are you a virgin yourself?”

Thank You.

Kindly join this Conversation.. Tell us your Experience on this Topic.

Drop your Comments!!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Its A Wise Decision To Ask Your Girlfriend Or Wife About Her Past? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ehya
Re: Do You Think Its A Wise Decision To Ask Your Girlfriend Or Wife About Her Past? by Florblu(f): 6:51pm On Aug 04, 2016
A lady's past should have nothing to do with her present or future. I think guys should care less about ladies past after all her past will cause more harm than good to the guy's emotion
Re: Do You Think Its A Wise Decision To Ask Your Girlfriend Or Wife About Her Past? by Harwoyeez(m): 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2016
It all depends on the levels of maturity exhibited by both parties and trust levels too because trust n mutual understanding seems to me as some of the essential ingredient of relationship
Re: Do You Think Its A Wise Decision To Ask Your Girlfriend Or Wife About Her Past? by project4OO: 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
It is IMPORTANT to discuss your past experiences with your partner.

If the past is too terrible for him/her to embrace, then search elsewhere for a partner with a larger heart.

There is no Law that says a man or a woman must accept your past. This thing is not hard, it is up to him or her to embrace or reject.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Its A Wise Decision To Ask Your Girlfriend Or Wife About Her Past? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
Yes. I believe and practice HONEST DATING/COURTSHIP.

This means; ask about the past, tell about your past. ALL OF IT.

If that person can't handle what they hear and learn, then h/she can bounce.

If they stay, you have a solid and clean foundation- the best way to build a strong relationship.

If people are honest to start in their relationship, it will prevent 90% of "story for gods" and problems that emerge later on in relationships.

Dating/courtship period is time to LEARN about the PAST, the PRESENT, and the FUTURE potential of a mate.

Best predictor of future behavior is Past behavior. But also, people can and do change.

Dating period is also time for you to see if what you learn can or is a perpetual problem now or in the future.

Better weep now, than 5, 10 years and 3 kids down the road.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Do You Think Its A Wise Decision To Ask Your Girlfriend Or Wife About Her Past? by GoodBoi1(m): 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2016
Most men won't feel comfortable about a woman's dirty past. Who would feel comfortable buying a secondhand tooth-brush or a used condom? Dangers of premarital sex
Re: Do You Think Its A Wise Decision To Ask Your Girlfriend Or Wife About Her Past? by youngest85(m): 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2016
Florblu:
A lady's past should have nothing to do with her present or future. I think guys should care less about ladies past after all her past will cause more harm than good to the guy's emotion

See dem!

Defenders of life!
Re: Do You Think Its A Wise Decision To Ask Your Girlfriend Or Wife About Her Past? by rawpadgin(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
I only ask about a woman if i have genuine intentions towards to relationship
if na chop & clean mouth, ur past in not my fvcking business
Re: Do You Think Its A Wise Decision To Ask Your Girlfriend Or Wife About Her Past? by Kingsasian(m): 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
I must ask o so that I know the kind of human being I am dealing with.
Re: Do You Think Its A Wise Decision To Ask Your Girlfriend Or Wife About Her Past? by Oahray: 8:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
Yes. Big yes.

I ask questions alot. If you think I can't handle knowledge of your past actions, what makes you think I can handle your future actions or a future revelation, especially from an external source?

If your past is too confidential to tell your partner, take a walk and marry yourself abeg.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Its A Wise Decision To Ask Your Girlfriend Or Wife About Her Past? by Vikky014(f): 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2016
i must ask..cnt marry a guy dt hv paid for many abortions...it is better to b a baby papa dan to b a papa to dead babies undecided
Re: Do You Think Its A Wise Decision To Ask Your Girlfriend Or Wife About Her Past? by Heshei: 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
Listening to those past experiences might not be sweet but they are sure pointers to make informed decisions that will determine the course of that union.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Serious Relationship That Would Lead To Marriage / Hellp A Brother With Question About Virginity / ***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.