Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc (91698 Views)

Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Lady Ordered For A Transparent Chair On Amazon And Got This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 11, 2016
Happy Sunday everyone.
Erm, OP, can we relate on a more personal platform like whatsapp?
cc. bros1235
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 7:15pm On Dec 11, 2016
bros1234:

Looking for niches can be quite confusing. What I do is simple. I look for books that are selling on any area, and write something similar. You get my drift.

How do you get materials for the books that you seen good niches to write on? I mean the materials on what to write. It is only from Google?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
Joseid:
Happy Sunday everyone.
Erm, OP, can we relate on a more personal platform like whatsapp?
cc. bros1235

Sure. U Can whatsapp me.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2016
AncientTimes:

How do you get materials for the books that you seen good niches to write on? I mean the materials on what to write. It is only from Google?

Sure. Google is enough. Just use different methods to search.

Actually, many people dont know how to use Google. It's a world that will give u anything, I mean, everything.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by siralexis(m): 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2016
Just came in contact with this thread...
I commend you@bros1234
Whats my first step
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 12, 2016
siralexis:
Just came in contact with this thread...
I commend you@bros1234
Whats my first step
Start writing. The aim to have as many materials as possible online. Quality materials, I mean.
From observation, it's best you stick with non-fiction.
When you are done with some of the books you have, you can start publishing.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 2:09am On Dec 13, 2016
Hi everyone. Good to see the thread is still kicking.

I must say I learned much since I dipped my toes in publishing on Amazon three months ago. The stories were my "beginner" material while I work on the major stories but guess what? Most of my target audience for now is Nigerian and of course majority of those based in Nigeria can not actually buy my books lol

Thankfully I found a solution in okadabooks. Once my stories "escape" from Kindle Select I am uploading them for sale on okadabooks. You guys should check it out!
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 6:20am On Dec 13, 2016
Aida13:
Hi everyone. Good to see the thread is still kicking.

I must say I learned much since I dipped my toes in publishing on Amazon three months ago. The stories were my "beginner" material while I work on the major stories but guess what? Most of my target audience for now is Nigerian and of course majority of those based in Nigeria can not actually buy my books lol

Thankfully I found a solution in okadabooks. Once my stories "escape" from Kindle Select I am uploading them for sale on okadabooks. You guys should check it out!

Okada? Hmmm. There's no harm in trying, especially since you're into romance fiction. For me, it's a no no. Pls make sure you carry us along and share your lessons as you progress.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 9:12am On Dec 13, 2016
bros1234:

Okada? Hmmm. There's no harm in trying, especially since you're into romance fiction. For me, it's a no no. Pls make sure you carry us along and share your lessons as you progress.

Ok will do. I'm actually doing it on request as a reader complained she couldn't get my books to buy. So the okadabooks people suggested I make my books available on their platform.

I'm definitely all for broadening my market. Amazon is still super great but I will no longer restrict myself to Kindle Select.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by einsteine(m): 1:14am On Dec 14, 2016
Aida13:

Ok will do. I'm actually doing it on request as a reader complained she couldn't get my books to buy. So the okadabooks people suggested I make my books available on their platform.

I'm definitely all for broadening my market. Amazon is still super great but I will no longer restrict myself to Kindle Select.

How many sales do you really think you are going to get on okada books? Be aware you would lose visibility on Amazon once you are out of KDP select.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 6:50pm On Dec 14, 2016
einsteine:

How many sales do you really think you are going to get on okada books? Be aware you would lose visibility on Amazon once you are out of KDP select.

I will use KDP Select for books focused on the international markets but for my Naija-centric stories I need to reach my home-based readers basically...

Though I see other authors doing ok without KDP Select.. Abi this Amazon are trying to be mean or what? Lol
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2016
Aida13:

I will use KDP Select for books focused on the international markets but for my Naija-centric stories I need to reach my home-based readers basically...

Though I see other authors doing ok without KDP Select.. Abi this Amazon are trying to be mean or what? Lol

Try KDP select for 6 months. I don't see you making 10,000 from okadabooks in 3 months. But then I could be wrong.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 9:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
I hope everyone is doing okay. Pls do not be discouraged. Write more and more and more. You will surely get the one that is selling.

We've just crossed $500 in sales for Dec. Thats slow, and not as much as some of you but then we are learning.

UPDATE: Amazon is giving you free $50 to advertise your books on amazon. Pls take advantage of it.

2 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Aida13: 9:47pm On Dec 15, 2016
bros1234:

Try KDP select for 6 months. I don't see you making 10,000 from okadabooks in 3 months. But then I could be wrong.

Like I said I do want to cultivate a "local" presence which is why I can't pass up the indigenous markets. I basically make big pay from ghost writing at a go than waiting weeks and months for Kindle sale build ups.

Though for the "fiction" that I know will appeal to the wider market I will definitely try KDP for the first 90 days that's it.. Thanks for the input bro
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by kidco: 9:52pm On Dec 15, 2016
Please. Could need advice on this please

bros1234:
I hope everyone is doing okay. Pls do not be discouraged. Write more and more and more. You will surely get the one that is selling.

We've just crossed $500 in sales for Dec. Thats slow, and not as much as some of you but then we are learning.

UPDATE: Amazon is giving you free $50 to advertise your books on amazon. Pls take advantage of it.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by emmalexdboy(m): 5:24am On Dec 17, 2016
bros1234:

Thanks for sharing this. I'll love to chat with you on whatsapp, I have a book I want you to look at. Here's my num: 08039185233
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by bros1234(m): 6:29am On Dec 17, 2016
emmalexdboy:
Thanks for sharing this. I'll love to chat with you on whatsapp, I have a book I want you to look at. Here's my num: 08039185233

Pls whatsapp me. My number is at the first page of this thread
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 2:00pm On Dec 17, 2016
bros1234:

Please can you explain more, what do you mean by Amazon is giving you free $50 to advertise your books. Does that mean that I can advertise for free or does that mean that I will pay half the fee?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by emmalexdboy(m): 6:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
bros1234:

Pls whatsapp me. My number is at the first page of this thread
All right, thanks.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by GoldPencil: 12:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
Aida13:

Like I said I do want to cultivate a "local" presence which is why I can't pass up the indigenous markets. I basically make big pay from ghost writing at a go than waiting weeks and months for Kindle sale build ups.

Though for the "fiction" that I know will appeal to the wider market I will definitely try KDP for the first 90 days that's it.. Thanks for the input bro
Aida baby. How much did the guys at okada collect. For u to enter featured section? And if possible, link to the necessary contact persons? DM?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2016
House is too quiet. Please I need explanation on keywords and browser category.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AgreatMan: 2:38pm On Dec 25, 2016
AncientTimes:

Please can you explain more, what do you mean by Amazon is giving you free $50 to advertise your books. Does that mean that I can advertise for free or does that mean that I will pay half the fee?

https: //services. amazon.com/services/ sponsored-products-overview.htm?ref=azus_soa_seeall_sp&ld=AZUSSOA-seeall_minSeeC

Remove the spaces and follow this link. this their bot could just ban me.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Ewenla202: 6:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
@ Workkforcelinks, what is your price for opening verified PayPal account?
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 6:41pm On Dec 25, 2016
AgreatMan:

https: //services. amazon.com/services/ sponsored-products-overview.htm?ref=azus_soa_seeall_sp&ld=AZUSSOA-seeall_minSeeC

Remove the spaces and follow this link. this their bot could just ban me.

The links is dead, it does not go at all.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 7:26pm On Dec 25, 2016
MY KDP, CREATESPACE EXPERIENCE .
My experience while publishing kdp and createspace has been very interesting. Currently, I have two books in the system both at createspace and Kdp. Both books were formatted by me from the beginning to the end. I have learnt a lot though, I am still learning till now. I have made two sales so far now. However, I want to write more books, keywords based books. From the beginning, I have one problem, i wanted to make picture books for diet, when I made the book, I uploaded it on the platform and when I did, the book is displayed but the picture has the sign of a Camera without the picture. I was discouraged, but I was pushing for a higher goal. I made alot of research on YouTube. And after many days, I got that when making picture book, you can't have text wrapped around pictures but must be above and below the picture only. So after many days of trying and discouragement i got it. But that was not all. When I released the book, I got a warning from Amazon, that my account will be banned. I contacted MK82 and he told me to re-eidited my work. That was another big discouragement. I edited and got tired. Then I signed on and paid $10 USD for copyscape. When I did, I saw that there was plagiarism content in my book. If I had uploaded it, Amazon will have terminated my account. I check it and re-edited it. I will resound again the wisdom of MK82 when he said, if you are serious about this business, then you need copy scape. Finally, my book was published.

On creastpace, I needed to learn how to make cover and my interior. I search and searched and finally I got a video from a woman in the UK by the name India Drumman and that settled it for me. When I did published my book, I got my cover rejected 3 three times. I got To know that your pictures on create space must never overlap else it will be rejected. Never put spine text on your cover when your interior is less than 101 pages. Make sure to always turn off the guide, before converting your converting to pdf. When you do so, it will be of great help to you. If you don't turn off the guide, I mean the template that you downloaded from createspace, your cover will be rejected. Concerning pictures book on creastpace, make sure you print with a pdf program, I use Foxit reader and I print not create pdf. When I did one, I noticed that printing your documents with the software gives your picture the maximum 300 dpi. To print, go to word, file, print. In the print section, when it shows you your printer, select Foxit reader and click on print. Lastly, before you insert your pictures for print and it will generate a pdf file for you. Make sure that your pictures are 300 DPI and makes sure that you don't resize them in word. Besides that, insert pictures and don't touch them, make sure that they are centered.

I am still learning much more about Keywords category. Please if there is any form of contribution on key word and category , I will appreciate it. God bless MK82, the initiator of kdp in Nairaland and Bros 12345 for caring on the touch and opening this thread as well.

Share your experience, it will be greatly appreciated. I still need more understand on keywords and category.

6 Likes

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
@AncientTimes
Wow! That's a mouthful.
I never would have imagined publishing being difficult like this from the onset. Like the OP said previously, this requires hard work.
Soon, this seeming initial efforts will definitely pay off.
I personally unpublished the four books I published earlier on Amazon. I happen to be my biggest critic. So, as soon as I published and got no sales, I put on my diagnostic glasses.
Besides, bros1234, dropped a very brief word to me on the books.
For over two weeks, I've been re-working on them.
I am yet to delve in to create space. I hope it does not give me issues in designing the cover.
When I started this, I was motivated by the aim to make some quick money, lol. I'm re-adjusting now sha. Great things take time.
I should have two books ready before weekend.
I hope the bird flies this time.
Meanwhile, patience and steadfastness remains my encouragement to myself. You too, don't get weary, okay? Keep pushing it!
I'm determined to make this work.
Meanwhile, I just feel I'm on to something big.
Selah!
By the way, merry Christmas.

1 Like

Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
Joseid:
@AncientTimes
Wow! That's a mouthful.
I never would have imagined publishing being difficult like this from the onset. Like the OP said previously, this requires hard work.
I personally unpublished the four books I published earlier on Amazon. I happen to be my biggest critic. So, as soon as I published and got no sales, I put on my diagnostic glasses.
I am yet to delve in to create space. I hope it does not give me issues in designing the cover.
When I started this, I was motivated by the aim to make some quick money, lol. I'm re-adjusting now sha. Great things take time.
Meanwhile, patience and steadfastness remains my encouragement to myself. You too, don't get weary, okay? Keep pushing it!
Selah!

Thank you for your kindest comment. You see I can tell you this requires a lot of hard work. I know how many times I have had to sleep by 12 am, 1 am or above. Why? I have been reading on keyword and doing a lot of resesrch. I want to publish books that will sale, quality books. I have at least achieved some level of experience. I published one of my books today at createspace, from the cover to the interior, everything was done by me. Createspace didn't find issues with it and for thr first time, everything went on smoothly. Yes, my plan is to release my third book by Weekend too. So that on Monday, I will work on the thr cover for creastpace. Well, I also don't want to borfer myself with money, money and money but rather just publishing. I know they will sale. What I need to know more though is keywords both long and short keywords

One day, all this effort will begin to pay off and many will begin to he surprised at the amount of sale and will think that it is just a one day work. But behind the curtains, many years have been invested on this project. Merry Christmas to you and A prosperous New Year.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by AncientTimes: 10:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
Joseid:
@AncientTimes
Wow! That's a mouthful.

Selah!

On covers, make sure that you choose the appropriate designing software and you will imagine how great you will avoid mistakes.
Re: *MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 26, 2016
AncientTimes:

Thank you for your kindest comment. You see I can tell you this requires a lot of hard work. I know how many times I have had to sleep by 12 am, 1 am or above. Why? I have been reading on keyword and doing a lot of resesrch. I want to publish books that will sale, quality books. I have at least achieved some level of experience. I published one of my books today at createspace, from the cover to the interior, everything was done by me. Createspace didn't find issues with it and for thr first time, everything went on smoothly. Yes, my plan is to release my third book by Weekend too. So that on Monday, I will work on the thr cover for creastpace. Well, I also don't want to borfer myself with money, money and money but rather just publishing. I know they will sale. What I need to know more though is keywords both long and short keywords

One day, all this effort will begin to pay off and many will begin to he surprised at the amount of sale and will think that it is just a one day work. But behind the curtains, many years have been invested on this project. Merry Christmas to you and A prosperous New Year.
1am? Too bad you're not a night crawler like some of us. I slept past four in the morning yesterday.
Let's just keep at it and employ the CANi strategy (constant and never ending improvement).
Next year will be a great year for us all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (42) (Reply)

What Is A Domiciliary Account? / Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage / Shipping From China To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.