Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,730 members, 7,851,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:11 PM

Is It Okay To Choose Your Spouse' Friend. It's Getting Out Of Hand.. Pls Advice. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay To Choose Your Spouse' Friend. It's Getting Out Of Hand.. Pls Advice. (650 Views)

Xvideos Really Getting Out Of Hand! / HELP.! I Cant Just Stop Thinking Abt My Ex Girl Friend, It Been A Year Now. / Your Spouse Will Not Doubt Your Trust If ... - Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay To Choose Your Spouse' Friend. It's Getting Out Of Hand.. Pls Advice. by meekyrozzay: 9:02am On Aug 05, 2016
We have been married for four years now and to the glory of God, we have a set of twins to show for it.

My wife is a kind of woman that everyone will like to be with, you will feel alive around her, she's jovial, so with this, she has good number of friends.

Recently my wife now makes uncalled demands, unlike her before, she compares me with her friend's hubby, her friend's hubby bought this for her, that the cloth she wore the other day is so so amount. Her hubby took her to Paris for holidays, she nowadays don't appreciate things I do for her, not openly though but the signs are there. I earn well, I mean okay to keep my family up and running, but for luxury, it wont work. She knows our total income, but now she's more focused on how she wants her friends to see her, the Camry LE 2012 Model I bought for her last year has become too old for her to use, I kept wondering if it's her friends that are influencing her or she's just punishing me intentionally. My Wife is faithful woman that I am sure, but recently she doesn't come home straight, she meets up with her friend who works with a growing mobile app [PALMCHAT] and all she talks about is parties and and relaxing with her female friends. Should i stop her from seeing this friend of her's that works with the mobile app. Or what should i do??

Now should I control the friends she keeps? Should I be the one to determine her friends?

I have tried to figure who these her friends are, all I could get is "..a friend" or "... One of my Friends" they are just nameless and faceless, some visit once in a while if they are going for outing, I get to hear or know their presence with uncontrolled calls almost every 30mins interval.

Please, is it right to choose friend for your hubby or wife?

Is it mandatory to know all your spouse' friends
Re: Is It Okay To Choose Your Spouse' Friend. It's Getting Out Of Hand.. Pls Advice. by SUPERPACK: 9:06am On Aug 05, 2016
u have tried ur best, leave the rest for God.
Re: Is It Okay To Choose Your Spouse' Friend. It's Getting Out Of Hand.. Pls Advice. by jemype(m): 9:37am On Aug 05, 2016
guy there is more to that stupid friend you think. u better step in and save your marriage immediately before she starts making dumb decisions
Re: Is It Okay To Choose Your Spouse' Friend. It's Getting Out Of Hand.. Pls Advice. by naijaboiy: 9:44am On Aug 05, 2016
The same way your wife should be concerned about your friends is the same way you should.

If the kind of friends she keeps will influence her into destroying your marriage then you have to step in. She has to stop seeing those her friends who do nothing but talk about vain things.

But then again, your wife may have been like this before but she was just able to hide it for a while. One does not just start changing characters and personalities all of a sudden.

Those people could be her old friends and they may have lots of secret past together. Please step in and save your marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Choose Your Spouse' Friend. It's Getting Out Of Hand.. Pls Advice. by Geniex(m): 9:53am On Aug 05, 2016
The first thing you must do is commit this issue to God, He created this institution, marriage. There's nothing he can not do...except you believe there are things can't do.

Over the years, I've come to realize that women like to brag about their partner, so do something uniquely special for her...may not be expensive but it must be romantic. At the end of this romantic treat, have a heart to heart discussion with her, point all of these to her. Pls do it with love not with resentment, with sincerity in your eyes...let her know that all you are building is for her and the kids.
One more thing, trust in God.

Forgot to answer the question.
Trying to control the friends your partner keeps may cost you ya relationship. Many a time, the partner tends to keep secret friends or see you as a dictator.
Having a honest relationship with little control over the kinda friends they keep help you to better understand the kinda crowd they keep and to act on time if it's wrong for ya partner.

nb: if a woman wants to hide something from you, she can do it for a lifetime.
Re: Is It Okay To Choose Your Spouse' Friend. It's Getting Out Of Hand.. Pls Advice. by JRDOCO: 9:53am On Aug 05, 2016
Well it's not bad to know all your spouse's friends but two things are involved:
1. It's possible but not easy (like almost impossible) to know every one of them.
2. In your case, you may want to do it in the most loving way.
In as much as you feel her friends may be influencing her, it may look domineering to choose her own friends. You may advise but not to choose/enforce. Look at it from this angle, if you were the one being influenced, would you want your wife to choose your own friend? How would you want her to approach this matter? Wouldn't you want her to approach it with love and respect?
You know, it's easier said than done. That's why GOD is there. Ask HIM for grace.
Note: when it seems she's pissing you off and it seems as though, anger is coming in than kindness and love, shift the motive of your love from, "I love you because of you", to "I love you because of CHRIST".
Remember: Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
It is well. GOD bless you.
Re: Is It Okay To Choose Your Spouse' Friend. It's Getting Out Of Hand.. Pls Advice. by JRDOCO: 9:56am On Aug 05, 2016
My roommate and I were discussing on boy and girl relationship and a question popped up. For instance, if you often ask to see a girl and you notice that it seems you are seeking her too much and you ask her in this form:

Boy: pls, I'm sorry but it seems I'm always asking to see you, isn't it?
Girl: yes. (Answer was not in an angry mood)
Boy: that means I'm disturbing you right?
Girl: I didn't say sooo?

What can you say the girl is up to?

That is, she says you are always asking to see her but she still says you are not disturbing her. I mean, how does that correlate?

So what's your take (especially the ladies)?
Re: Is It Okay To Choose Your Spouse' Friend. It's Getting Out Of Hand.. Pls Advice. by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 05, 2016
Nairaland ladies will not comment on threads such as this.
Re: Is It Okay To Choose Your Spouse' Friend. It's Getting Out Of Hand.. Pls Advice. by agbonkamen(f): 11:48am On Aug 05, 2016
some women can never appreciate what they have a married woman should forcst on her children's future when children are there especially when she has a caring husband who is taking care of the family needs my dear pls stand your ground as a man you are the head of that family if you have money buy her what you can afford
Re: Is It Okay To Choose Your Spouse' Friend. It's Getting Out Of Hand.. Pls Advice. by AfroKnight: 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2016
Sorry bro. There is nothing you can do to stop her unless you want to physically restrain her from hanging out. That would be wrong.

All you can do is tell her how sad this makes you. That you cannot spend anyhow just for show off. Then go on with your normal life. She may change...or not. But you cannot force her to your will.

(1) (Reply)

Message To My Lovers Claiming They Don't Send Me.- Laura Ikeji / Revealed! 9 Amazing Phrases That Melts The Heart Of A Woman / How Do You Feel The First Time She Consider You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.