Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,461 members, 7,830,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Caning, Spanking Your Child May Cause Him Problems Later On - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Caning, Spanking Your Child May Cause Him Problems Later On (520 Views)

Laberry, Nigerian Lady's Massive Boobs Cause Stir On Instagram (Photos) / My Fiance Is Leaving Me , Cause I Let Out My Painful And Biggest Secrets To Him / There's Something About Ass Spanking... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caning, Spanking Your Child May Cause Him Problems Later On by Essence6055: 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2016
In Africa specifically Nigeria, it rare to hear that a child did not undergo any form of discipline which include smacking or caning. Even you reading the post at this moment might have undergone one form of discipline or the other from your parents.

Well a new research is supposedly going against that from of discipline, suggesting that children who are smacked by there parents (as a form of discipline) are more likely to have anti-social behaviour problems as well as mental issues once they grow.

Here is a boy Harold is the evidence of such psychological disorder. He .....

Read full article here http://www.newsphases.com/2016/04/caning-spanking-your-child-may-cause.html
Re: Caning, Spanking Your Child May Cause Him Problems Later On by sinaj(f): 1:34pm On Aug 05, 2016
@ Oahray, u don't have to spank a child to discipline him/ her.

Most of the unruly adult or aggressive adult weren't born that way, they actually got aggressive by resisting spanking.

Like the secondary sch I wnt to, we were flogged at the slightest provocation, and at a point we got so used to it that we felt no pain whenever we were flogged.

Instead of spanking, there are other measures u could use to discipline a child such as different types of reinforcement
Re: Caning, Spanking Your Child May Cause Him Problems Later On by Oahray: 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
A 1.5% chance maube, when such spanking is excessive and an outlet for a parent's pentup frustration.

Please parents, discipline your children. Spank if necessary. I see too many unruly kids and adults everywhere.
Re: Caning, Spanking Your Child May Cause Him Problems Later On by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
angry

If u don't have patience, plz don't be a parent..children will suffer the most.
Re: Caning, Spanking Your Child May Cause Him Problems Later On by psucc(m): 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
Bare faced liars. It never caused me problem but mould me. How will it caused my child?

If you will let yours go wayward, pls do and don't seek for disciples.
Re: Caning, Spanking Your Child May Cause Him Problems Later On by Xaranice(f): 1:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
Well said
Re: Caning, Spanking Your Child May Cause Him Problems Later On by KnightRod(m): 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
Spare the Rod and spoil the child.
Re: Caning, Spanking Your Child May Cause Him Problems Later On by Essence6055: 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2016
please read the post to understand why I am talking about this in the first place
Re: Caning, Spanking Your Child May Cause Him Problems Later On by sinaj(f): 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2016
psucc:
Bare faced liars. It never caused me problem but mould me. How will it caused my child?

If you will let yours go wayward, pls do and don't seek for disciples.

Lol
Re: Caning, Spanking Your Child May Cause Him Problems Later On by JustHere2Observ(f): 2:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
Na lie jare, I turned out well, no teenage pregnancy, never had abortion, never clubbed all because I feared the cane. Just spank your kids with sense and love. All those researchers no get pikin of their own.
Re: Caning, Spanking Your Child May Cause Him Problems Later On by Oahray: 2:19pm On Aug 05, 2016
sinaj:
@ Oahray, u don't have to spank a child to discipline him/ her.

Most of the unruly adult or aggressive adult weren't born that way, they actually got aggressive by resisting spanking.

Like the secondary sch I wnt to, we were flogged at the slightest provocation, and at a point we got so used to it that we felt no pain whenever we were flogged.

Instead of spanking, there are other measures u could use to discipline a child such as different types of reinforcement
I never said spanking is the only form of discipline there is, as you are implying I did. I said "discipline your children. Spank if necessary." In other words, discipline is a must, but spank if and only when necessary.

Just like words, spanking can be misused as a tool for discipline. You think striking a child indiscriminately is the only way to ruin his self-esteem? Words can hurt too. So maybe we should never criticize a child's actions, but praise them whether good or bad so they don't feel bad.

Unruly behaviour is not necessarily aggressive and is not caused by resisting spanking. More often than not, unruly behaviour is caused by extremes... Either a lack of discipline or an excessive use of extreme methods.

Even as a relatively gentle child there were times I earned some good spanking. Till tomorrow I appreciate my parents for not trying to 'spare' me.
Re: Caning, Spanking Your Child May Cause Him Problems Later On by brandonobi(m): 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
a class-full of people happen to have received dat kind of discipline yet some grow up normally and even become success stories some are inbtwn while others are bad, it really doesnt matter if they were disciplined its just the individual in question
Re: Caning, Spanking Your Child May Cause Him Problems Later On by ehix89(m): 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
Why isn't if affecting me

(1) (Reply)

Comment What U See / Alice / Things Husbands Would Really Appreciate From Their Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.