Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? (1306 Views)

Easy Steps To Sleep With Ease When You Find It Difficult To / A 14-Year-Old Girl With Cancer Wins The Right To Have Her Body Frozen / How Many Hours Do You Sleep In A Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
it's been part of me for a very long time, though a lot of people have tried to advised me against it.
I want to know if there's anything wrong with one sleeping in total darkness at night.
I naturally can't sleep with light on...not even a blink from my charger. people think I'm evil, but I understand the African way of viewing things.
So guys is right or wrong and what possibly could be the health effect?
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 05, 2016
That's why white people say 'when you go black, you never go back' I guess you are not married yet cos your wife might not be devilish like you.... grin grin
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
decency123:
That's why white people say 'when you go black, you never go back' I guess you are not married yet cos your wife might not be devilish like you.... grin grin
Lol.. I ain't devilish bro... that's my nature...
even though I get married (not thinking about it though ) I think my future wifey will adapt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by jopretty(f): 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
You're not alone, bros. My room must be completely dark else no sleep for me.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Meeloreh(f): 10:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
It gives me inner peace sef. I do that all the time too

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
jopretty:

hope dem no term u witch as dem term wizard o...
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by pjamas(m): 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2016
jopretty:
i'll like to have you in my apartment on a weekend,maybe i can learn to sleep without light ON, me i cant sleep without light shining. even lala knws.
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by jopretty(f): 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2016
Thanks for the invite, boy, but I'll pass!
pjamas:
i'll like to have you in my apartment on a weekend,maybe i can learn to sleep without light ON, me i cant sleep without light shining. even lala knws.
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by pjamas(m): 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2016
Meeloreh:
how do you react when someone switches on the light while you were busy watching Power Rangers in the dreamland.
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by pjamas(m): 10:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
Meeloreh:
how do you react when someone switches on the light while you were busy watching Power Rangers in the dreamland.?
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by jopretty(f): 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oyo go be their case be that.
YOUNGSTUNNA:

hope dem no term u witch as dem term wizard o...
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
pjamas:
how do you react when someone switches on the light while you were busy watching Power Rangers in the dreamland.?

I'll wake up that instance... my body and light no gree...
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
jopretty:
Oyo go be their case be that.

.imagine someone telling me to go for deliverance Cuz I choose to sleep without light on..they even term me nocturnal creature ... back then my mama don't preach tire
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by pjamas(m): 11:20pm On Aug 05, 2016
jopretty:
Thanks for the invite, boy, but I'll pass!
see as you just called me boy like when my mom's friend catches me at the club. "boy what are you doing here?"
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 06, 2016
A lot of articles online say it's the better option for sleeping. I never knew people slept with lights off till I entered boarding school. Now a full grown man I picked the habit and prefer it.
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Nobody: 3:57am On Aug 06, 2016
I always like to have a wall light on when I sleep.

There's nothing wrong with lighting total darkness, though. If you sleep better that way, then that's what works for you. It's just like how some people can study better with music playing while others need total quietness (me).
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Meeloreh(f): 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2016
pjamas:
I open eye like I've just been slapped with ice
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Beamborla(f): 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2016
I prefer everywhere dark not even reflection from charger.

Matter of fact, I hardly switch on my bulb... I find myself using touch light at night even when there is light sad

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2016
This thing caused me problems when I first entered uni. my roommates preferred lights on while I preferred total darkness. There's nothing wrong with it jorr
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 06, 2016
Beamborla:
I prefer everywhere dark not even reflection from charger.

Matter of fact, I hardly switch on my bulb... I find myself using touch light at night even when there is light sad
D; lol ....your own don pass my own o...
abeg no work for NEPA office o.....else Na once in a year we go dey see light o.

.. D;
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by pjamas(m): 8:11pm On Aug 06, 2016
Meeloreh:
I open eye like I've just been slapped with ice
lmfao!!!!!
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Beamborla(f): 11:38pm On Aug 06, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:

D; lol ....your own don pass my own o...
abeg no work for NEPA office o.....else Na once in a year we go dey see light o.

.. D;
Lol...

Nah! Una go dey see light but una no go fit use am grin
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 07, 2016
Beamborla:

Lol...

Nah! Una go dey see light but una no go fit use am grin
hahaha u wicked o..that kind light wey be 1.0 voltage ...wey you go dey see but still on lamp....lol
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Beamborla(f): 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:

hahaha u wicked o..that kind light wey be 1.0 voltage ...wey you go dey see but still on lamp....lol
You garrit cheesy
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2016
Beamborla:

You garrit cheesy

hahaha you wicked gan.....abeg in case any vacant....no apply o.... abeg I take God beg you.... lol
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by calliope(f): 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2016
i tolerate light sad..

hence it stays off ALWAYS even at bedtime.
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Beamborla(f): 7:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:

hahaha you wicked gan.....abeg in case any vacant....no apply o.... abeg I take God beg you.... lol
Why evils angry cry
Re: Is It Right To Sleep In Total Darkness? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
Beamborla:
Why evils angry cry
.lol... not evil at all... I got a better job offer for you..

(1) (Reply)

My Fiancee Confessed She Has One Fallopian Tube, Help Me / VIDEO: Lady Breaks Her Neck And Lands In The Mortuary While Twerking On Her Head / The PET CDS Group Sensitizes Fellow Corps Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.