Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,403 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... (32784 Views)

Body Itching After Bath, is there no balm in Gilead ?? / Body Part Commonly Neglected While Bathing. / How To Stop Itching After Shaving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by gudbadgal(f): 4:17am On Aug 13, 2017
I also realised this your suggestion helps reduces mine too but it scares me a lot that I'll gradually turn black from my chocolatey colour if I don't scrub with sponge.
ETHIX:

I have been through this many years ago. if you want a solution to ur problem pls stop using sponge to bath. use only soap. Any type of soap without sponge is ok.

The last time I used sponge was in 1998 and there was no itching of any sort. In 2005, I tot over the years it would have stopped and I tried to use a new sponge I bought to my amazement the itching was much. I quickly ran to the bathroom for another round of bath. till today I don't use sponge.

Dirty towel or soap or water is not the problem but stop using sponge of any kind. just rub soap on ur body and use hand to wash it down. You can bath as many times as u like and there will be no negative reaction. just try it now after reading this piece and thank me later.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by usenjay: 4:32am On Aug 13, 2017
queenpin:
It's been happening to me for as long as I remember.
I have stopped bathing with sponge, it reduced slightly.
I have stopped bathing with cold water, it reduced slightly.
Tried different types of soaps , to no avail.
But I have noticed that I don't itch in the mornings when am rushing out to work etc. I only itch if I take my bath and am staying back at home or after my evening bath.
My wife thinks it's psychological.

it happened to during my nysc period,,, the problem is the water. boil the water before u bath or change environment.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by trendphemmy(m): 4:58am On Aug 13, 2017
All you guys have written isn't true. there is something called AQUAGENIC PRURITUS, this is what he has( the cause is not known but medical conditions like blood cancer can cause it). no matter d amount of drugs he/she takes it won't stop except he takes d drug 2 hours before batting. As one man said, when he bathes and stay back he would itch but wen is rushing to work he won't. well, this is very common and d reason isn't clear to me as well but it isn't psychological.

my advise
1) use soap alone, or use soft sponge like foam
2) wear ur clothes immediately after bathing
3) u can stay under d fan and it wont happen
4) u can get antihistamine lotion or cream
5) there is no test to confirm the diagnosis

it has nothing to do with the type of soap, water or towel. But the risk increases if u have allergy like sneezing almost every morning, itching of d eyes often,skin rash especially in the joint area
or asthma. good luck
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Gbemmyxal(f): 5:04am On Aug 13, 2017
Stop taking junks. Only take foods that are cooked from raw form(gelatinized) . Avoid totally meals high in groundnut oil content(especially fried/baked stuffs). And drink lots of water. It's funny I even cook palm oil based jollof rice.
Try this and see result in highest two weeks.
You can try blood cleanser for faster result though.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 13, 2017
Mbkite:
Doctors and all concerned nairalanders, I really need to know if there is any treatment for itching especially after morning bath. I have used up all means known to me including, bathing hot water, applying aboniki after bath, etc. I brought this to nairaland believing to get a lasting solution. Thank you my good people.

if u can try bathing without sponge; that would help
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Generalmac(m): 7:24am On Aug 13, 2017
I started having itchy skin after bath some months ago and I was seriously worried about my health, to my greatest surprise, people around my had same problem, guess what we used in common? WATER. Try changing environment to see if it'll stop.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by ikhibones(m): 7:40am On Aug 13, 2017
Som pple havnt xpriencd it nd r yet givin advice..wen d itching used to b intense,i dnt alloy anybd com near me cos i fit kil person,buh nw its kinda minimal cos i don dey fit manage am.. The no. 1 step is 2 stop using sponge..i hav bin sufferin 4rm it 4 ova 13yrs so i get xperience..and anoda tin is to put on cloths immediately after drying ur body.. Buh wit time,u wil get 2 knw wat works 4 u.. Abeg mak pple wey no dey xperience dis mata dey giv irrelevant solution abt buyin various creams nd soaps dat dosent work,cos dey wont,trust me

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Tobies: 8:15am On Aug 13, 2017
i was a victim of such pissing case,i will recommend loratidin for you...
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by nnatobryno(m): 8:51am On Aug 13, 2017
BoboFashion:

Yea, or even the sponge?

Yes brother, try bathing without sponge. I suffered same for over 3yrs till I discovered my skin was reacting to sponge (any spong at all) and ever I stopped using sponge to bath my itching ended. So I will advise u stop using sponge, towel or soap brand in turn to see the one that is causing the itching
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by czarmide(m): 9:02am On Aug 13, 2017
Hello op. I can feel what you are going through. It was an infection of the blood. It has nothing to do with using hot or cold water and neither does it have relationships with the sponge, towel or cream that u r using.
The only reasonable advice that I read so far came the guy that ask you to go for blood test.
My advice for you is to consult your doctor for properdiagnosis. Talking from experience, then I was given beecham amoxil antibiotics It a very strong antibiotic capsule. Get a correct blood tonic.The rest was a success story.meanwhile consult your doctor first.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by amiforreal: 9:07am On Aug 13, 2017
Mbkite:
Doctors and all concerned nairalanders, I really need to know if there is any treatment for itching especially after morning bath. I have used up all means known to me including, bathing hot water, applying aboniki after bath, etc. I brought this to nairaland believing to get a lasting solution. Thank you my good people.

I have never written on NL, but I feel it is important as this might help you. I have also suffered same as long as I can remember.
I have complained to doctors in different countries. The last doctor's help I seek was in the UK, and I was told this is called aqua###...pruritus, I can remember the spelling now.

I was told that there is no cure for it as at that time, that it can only be managed. I was advised to bath with hot water, the hottest my body can bear. And this works for me absolutely, because mine don't start after bathing, it starts 2 minutes after the water (cold water) touches my body.

I also learnt that this is genetic, very embarrassing stuff. Get water heater every bathroom you use in your home and you will be fine. sorry
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by amiforreal: 9:08am On Aug 13, 2017
Mbkite:

I have never written on NL, but I feel it is important as this might help you. I have also suffered same as long as I can remember.
I have complained to doctors in different countries. The last doctor's help I seek was in the UK, and I was told this is called aqua###...pruritus, I can remember the spelling now.

I was told that there is no cure for it as at that time, that it can only be managed. I was advised to bath with hot water, the hottest my body can bear. And this works for me absolutely, because mine don't start after bathing, it starts 2 minutes after the water (cold water) touches my body.

I also learnt that this is genetic, very embarrassing stuff. Get water heater every bathroom you use in your home and you will be fine. Meanwhile research says 6 suffer out of everythema 10, I don't know about that o. Very common though.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by snowblaq(f): 9:22am On Aug 13, 2017
Mbkite:

You might be suffering from dry skin.. Or just allergies due to the water you use or even your soap..... Anyways..
1. Take loratidine tablet, just a tab like 1-2 hours before you have your bath... The drug is taken just once a day so you don't need to use it more than just that morning...

2. Prednisolone tablet... Take 2 tablets (10mg) in the morning and also in the evening for 7 days.

3. Also get hydrocortisone cream.. Apply it after having your bath in the morning and in the evening... But don't use this cream for more than 10 days.

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Mightyraw(m): 10:31am On Aug 13, 2017
amicable09:

I'm glad you found cure for yours already. But don't stop using sponge entirely o! I can't imagine one not having to use sponge at all! No way!

Get a small napkin/towel as substitute for sponge. They are very soft and tender on the skin. You fit even cut foam use cheesy

Anything to ensure you wash yourself clean please. One last advice, since you know it's the water, how about you boil your water before use? It may also work perfectly.
i haven't been using sponge for a while now,
I have tried boiling the water too,
Idd try using the napking though

What i noticed is that the water around the house i live in school affects me,
So what i do is get the water somewher else and i take my bath , sone guys keep wondering why i go out to fetch water when the tap is running

Maybe idd stick to that and get the napkin
Atleast my dont have so much time in school anylonger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Otec: 10:47am On Aug 13, 2017
Had similiar experience for almost two yrs. Consult a Doctor. I visited so many hospitals including teaching hospital. Took different antibotics prescribed by doctor,priton, changed to bathing hot water and disinfect the water. How and when it stop, I didn,t know
Mbkite:
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Mbkite(m): 10:56am On Aug 13, 2017
amiforreal:

I also learnt that this is genetic, very embarrassing stuff. Get water heater every bathroom you use in your home and you will be fine. Meanwhile research says 6 suffer out of everythema 10, I don't know about that o. Very common though.

thanks so much. don't you think the hot water could affect the skin in time to come?
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Mbkite(m): 10:58am On Aug 13, 2017
Ramos16:

Happens to me to, I used to think it is dirty towels, but I still scratched when I got new towels, sponge and soap, I don't know what it is but I am happy I am not alone, and yes, like one commenter said I don't scratch when I use hot water, I used hot water today and I don't remember scratching, that might be a solution, I will try it more and see if that works.
hot water on the skin? how about the adverse effects?
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Mbkite(m): 11:00am On Aug 13, 2017
dozymars:

The itching will stop after a while, just put your mind off it.
Don't bother applying anything.
it lasted for over 15years bro. I know it will definitely stop. I need it to stop now
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Mbkite(m): 11:04am On Aug 13, 2017
femiaction:
Hello Mbkite, I don't believe that doctors have solution to this problem. Only God can heal you. I have been through this over 30 years. Please stop using sponge or towel to bath. use only soap. I stopped using sponge since 1985. Since I stopped using sponge I experienced it twice in a year. I have visited many hospitals. I did blood and skin test. I took many pills and traditionally medicine. 20 years ago I used to visit hospital once in a year to collect one medicine. My brother I suffered from this problem but I thank God for my healing after many years. I did not experience it this year I believed that God has healed me. But I am not using sponge or towel. I am using only soap to bath.

I need the healing seriously. this skin condition can be frustrating......
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Ramos16(m): 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2017
Mbkite:

hot water on the skin? how about the adverse effects?

undecided undecided undecided I meant warm water... the Nigerian in me.

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by ebuclassic18(m): 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2017
Mbkite:

try bathing with only soap for sometime is caused by body reactions and u will thank me latter.don't use sponge please
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by nelszx: 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2017
BobbyGeneral:
You may be suffering from filaria. You can confirm by checking your blood for filaria I'm a medical laboratory. The treatment is Mectizan tablets. Take 4 stat on an empty stomach, repeat 6months later, then yearly. Thanks

Very unethical and BTW you are a medical laboratory what
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Jagabanmonerry(m): 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
Elliot2:
it might be eczema. i actually suffered same prob; mostly my back n laps itched. but when i took drugs that were intended to treat my facial pimples,it helped solve d issue.
Mr Elliot, pls can u help us list d names of those drugs u use for your fascial pimples treatment... tnx alot.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by exporttraining: 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
Fythol Herbal Soap work great. see image]

I need the healing seriously. this skin condition can be frustrating...... [/quote]

1 Share

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by handbagss(f): 4:49pm On Aug 13, 2017
Mbkite:

mine was terrible, I cried most times...it was that bad. went for skin test, doctor saw nothing. well, I stopped using sponge and the itch stopped too.
I think you should stop using sponge too or you use sponge only at night.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by yesman(m): 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by arcFM(m): 6:11am On Aug 14, 2017
Hi dear, I do av these issue at times. Here are my discoveries..

You need to stay away from antiseptic soap or any soap with an acidic content.

Use soap that contains base....I found "Polo clay" to work well for me.

Stop use hard sponge... Use only hand gloves.
Mostly take ur bath with warm water n avoid letting the water stay too long bfr u dry ur skin

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by amiforreal: 7:26am On Aug 14, 2017
Mbkite:

thanks so much. don't you think the hot water could affect the skin in time to come?

Funny enough, you can never attribute such to me as my skin is very fresh, the hot water does not have any negative effect on people that suffer from this allergy.

Just try this, you will be fine. I have used all sorts just to enjoy the feelings of bathing with cold water and at any time. It does not work. Many don't understand what we are talking about. It is more than changing clothes, soaps, bathroom colour and all.

When it comes, you are dead on its arrival o. lol
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Mbkite(m): 8:25am On Aug 14, 2017
amiforreal:

Funny enough, you can never attribute such to me as my skin is very fresh, the hot water does not have any negative effect on people that suffer from this allergy.

Just try this, you will be fine. I have used all sorts just to enjoy the feelings of bathing with cold water and at any time. It does not work. Many don't understand what we are talking about. It is more than changing clothes, soaps, bathroom colour and all.

When it comes, you are dead on its arrival o. lol

Hahahaha
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Mbkite(m): 8:28am On Aug 14, 2017
yesman:

I have suffered from this condition since I was 8 years old and I happen to be a medical doctor. The condition is called 'aquagenic pruritus' which in simple terms means allergy to water. Any contact with water (rain water, sweat etc) can elicit generalized itching without producing visible skin lesions (rash). Unfortunately there is no cure for this condition (except laser treatments for severe cases) but it can be managed.

Here's are a few tips that I believe you'll find helpful:

1. Add a few teaspoons of baking soda to your bath water. I found this to be the most helpful. You have to note that baking soda lose potency when exposed to air so try to store yours in an air tight container and replace after a few weeks. If this doesn't work then follow tips below.

2. Bath hot water.

3. While bathing, avoid scrubbing your body with anything (sponge, cloth, stone etc). Use your hands instead.

4. Avoid applying moisturizers or lotion after bath. These contain water. Use natural oils like coconut oil.

5. You may take Piriton or Loratidine. I find that they shorten the itching episodes but do not prevent them from occurring.

6. Your towels, clothes must always be clean. Your Bathroom must always be clean too. Wear bathroom slippers if your floor is messy when wet.

7. After bathing, wipe off water from your body ASAP. It shouldn't be too vigorous, gentle dabbing will do.

8. Exercise before bathing. I find that itching is less or absent after intense workouts.

9. Staying under the fan or AC after bathing will help reduce itching.

10. Pray for divine healing.

Good luck!

May God bless you Doc.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Carcus: 5:20am On Aug 19, 2017
superman:
See them. Una no dey hear word. Kia.

This issue is in the blood. Stay away from gluten for months and see pure Biafran magic.

Chukwuabiahma God. Is it that difficult.

Nawo

Yes that protein in there contain traces of itching in it. Haha.

You are very correct on this.
Op should stop eating animal food proteins like milk, egg, meat and the likes. Your body is reacting to gluten hence the itching
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Carcus: 5:28am On Aug 19, 2017
joyfit:
Have been experiencing the same since 1997 not until 2014 that I discovered some remedies by myself but to cut the story short I can give u 99% assurance if u can take this steps, just stop the following for 3 days (stop using sugar, milk, soft drinks, soup that is too sweet, okra soup) that are what I usually run away for, if I take any of it for 2 day consecutively the scratching will come back. But to my surprise nobody tell me this and I cant even say the reason why all these cause body scratching after talking my birth.

Your body reacted to gluten.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

U.S Is Not Prepared For Coronavirus - Health Worker, Maureen Dugan / Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide / Evergreen Hotel Disposes Solid and Liquid Waste Into The Gutter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.