Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... (32773 Views)

Body Itching After Bath, is there no balm in Gilead ?? / Body Part Commonly Neglected While Bathing. / How To Stop Itching After Shaving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Mbkite(m): 10:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
Joygalore:
I typed it already and it is also called complete blood count (CBC).
It can be done in a laboratory.
Post the result here after you have done so I can interprete it for you.
Meanwhile,take piriton one tablet twice daily for 5 days
thanx dear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by CircleOfWilis: 6:30am On Aug 07, 2016
Joygalore:
I typed it already and it is also called complete blood count (CBC).
It can be done in a laboratory.
Post the result here after you have done so I can interprete it for you.
Meanwhile,take piriton one tablet twice daily for 5 days
Loratidin is another option...when u consider the sedative effect of piriton especially in the morning (b.d for 5days)

Chief, I will suggest she/he takes the piriton nocte.....it will serve I think

2 Likes

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Mbkite(m): 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2017
lalasticlala, please I need a lasting solution to this issue. can you help me push this to FP. Thanks.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Allikola(m): 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2017
cheenway:

Sometimes your skin may be reacting to your towel or bathing soap

Take 4 Tablespoon of TAAM Herbal Remedy Morning and Night for 2weeks, you will never feel such again

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by superman(m): 3:18pm On Aug 12, 2017
Now try this and make sure u come back and thank me later even as you hate Biafrans

There is every chance that your body is reacting to its gluten intake

Therefore everybody both in the zoo and Biafran land that get itching should drastically cut off from gluten. Shakena. U must forget that ewedu super charged soup for months until your body build back it's intake response

Now cut off eba and if you want swallow then it must be pounded yam cuz the protein in its content have received serious beaten in the process of boiling.

Cut off biscuit. Fish. Egg. Milk.

Then stay away from beer

Stay away from corn flaKes. Bread as well. Number 1 source hm

Eat boiled rice of course it's raw protein has been boiled.

Start this week and notice how all that scratching is fading off.

Now I am no doctor but nwa Chineke . A child of God. Knowledge comes naturally .

Please do not take any afonja herb of. Na lie be that

7 Likes

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:
Doctors and all concerned nairalanders, I really need to know if there is any treatment for itching especially after morning bath. I have used up all means known to me including, bathing hot water, applying aboniki after bath, etc. I brought this to nairaland believing to get a lasting solution. Thank you my good people.
It happens to me too. Make sure you don't use sponge on your laps and legs.. Use only soap to rub those areas.. And be mindful of the towel you use

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Omorovigho: 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2017
Change where you normally hang your towel after use, or change your towel and observe it first.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by joepentwo(m): 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
rub peppe...tk penicillin! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
Disinfect your water and also go for infection test!
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by muller101(m): 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
U know what causes it already. STOP taking bath.

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by otabuko(m): 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:

pls can you recommend a soap for me. I'm dark in complexion. Thanx.
Lux may be cheap but it's power. I also might recommend idole too. That's what I use.

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Phonefanatic: 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
I've gone through this, it's not your water or soap it's simply your skin that gets irritated once sponge goes on it. Just use soap and water no sponge. I stopped using sponge 6 years ago and I'm peace with myself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Mpanyi: 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
The water must be contaminated. Use dettol or similar disinfectants.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by chemystery: 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:
Doctors and all concerned nairalanders, I really need to know if there is any treatment for itching especially after morning bath. I have used up all means known to me including, bathing hot water, applying aboniki after bath, etc. I brought this to nairaland believing to get a lasting solution. Thank you my good people.
Your condition is called aquagenic pruritus. Just google for a cure, you might get a solution.

I use to suffer from this in the past. I tried the cure I got from google. I don't know whether they worked though but I suddenly stopped suffering from it. When it stopped, I didn't know

6 Likes

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Coolgent(m): 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:
Change your sponge, towel, and bathing soap, and clean ur bathroom throughly with detergent then dettol u will thank me later.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2017
Stop bringing such cases on social media to get counsel. That's how someone will have typhiod and instead of visiting hospital they'll go for self medication, before you realize it it's too late. Op, go see a dermatologist or go to a general hospital; one will be assigned to look into your case.

3 Likes

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2017
I think its called aquagenic pruritus, I experience it too.

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by ETHIX(m): 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:

I have been through this many years ago. if you want a solution to ur problem pls stop using sponge to bath. use only soap. Any type of soap without sponge is ok.

The last time I used sponge was in 1998 and there was no itching of any sort. In 2005, I tot over the years it would have stopped and I tried to use a new sponge I bought to my amazement the itching was much. I quickly ran to the bathroom for another round of bath. till today I don't use sponge.

Dirty towel or soap or water is not the problem but stop using sponge of any kind. just rub soap on ur body and use hand to wash it down. You can bath as many times as u like and there will be no negative reaction. just try it now after reading this piece and thank me later.

4 Likes

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by byemx06(m): 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:
boil your bathing water before use

2 Likes

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Saeed348(m): 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2017
Joygalore:
Do a full blood count (FBC).
Take piriton or loratadine

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by leyitto(m): 5:05pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:

It could be all of the aforementioned and it could be none. Could be idiopathic (i.e. without any known or obvious cause). Google 'aquagenic pruritus'...
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by lessie(m): 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2017
It's from the water. You need to opt for another source of water.

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Favourednwa: 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:
1) use a mild soap
2) moisturizer your body after bathing. I tried out a lot but Palmer's cocoa butter formula with vitamin e did it for me.
3) till you find the right moisturizer use loraditine
4) visit a dermatologist
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:

It's the water you use. Happened to me some years back and I changed environment and it stopped. Use hot water always, new sponge every two weeks. These lessens the itchiness.

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by jamesibor: 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:

I used to experience this for years.

Do you use sponge?
Do you use dirty or wet towel?

The solution to your problem may lie in the answers to those 2 questions.

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by WhiskeyTangoFox: 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:

I know someone experiencing something similar, but happens only when having a shower with water dat isn't really hot. Cold, warm and slightly hot water causes that itchy feeling for this particular person, the water has to be significantly hot. Another remedy is doing proper workout so to sweat, for some reason that helps stop the itchy feeling from arising.

2 Likes

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Saeed348(m): 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2017
Its called Aquagenic pruritus, ,
If u can stop using sponge you'll be free from it..

Soap alone ..but u might use tsponge for your face..
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by ruggedtimi(m): 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2017
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Akanniade(m): 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2017
queenpin:
It's been happening to me for as long as I remember.
I have stopped bathing with sponge, it reduced slightly.
I have stopped bathing with cold water, it reduced slightly.
Tried different types of soaps , to no avail.
But I have noticed that I don't itch in the mornings when am rushing out to work etc. I only itch if I take my bath and am staying back at home or after my evening bath.
My wife thinks it's psychological.
Its called Aquagenic Pruritus. Itchy reaction to water or even your own sweat. No known absolute treatment yet. Manage it with hot bath & air conditioned room. Heat, noise & dirt (towel)aggravates the reaction.
Some drugs initiates semblance of relief ( I dont know why)e.g omega h 3 suppement tonic

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by FLYFIRE(m): 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2017
Try bathing with warm water first & see if it persists
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by kingrt2(m): 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2017
Its most likely the water you use in bathing or your towel. This use to happen to me some years back, but when I stopped toweling it stopped
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by banom(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2017
@ op I suggest you always wear condom while taking your bath.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

6 New Coronavirus Cases In Osun, Nigeria. Total Of 190 Cases. 20 Discharged / U.S Is Not Prepared For Coronavirus - Health Worker, Maureen Dugan / Crystal Akpan: UCTH Doctor Allegedly Commits Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.