Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call (25817 Views)

Coronation Merchant Bank Graduate Trainee Programme 2018 / Is Coronation Merchant Bank Recruitment A Scam Or Not? / Graduate Trainee At Coronation Merchant Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by Chidizman(m): 11:23am On Sep 12, 2016
dizzydazzy:

Please I have the test coming up in 4 days time, can u kindly gv me a breakdown of hw urs was? The numerical; any graphs, no of questions, time and oda relevant info. The verbal; any essay, comprehension type, no of questions, time and oda relevant info. Thank you in anticipation.

The question is just normal GMAT bro. No graphs required. Just study your GMAT and Current affairs vry wel. We were asked to write Essay too. 50questions under 1hr I think for the GMAT based questions. The essay's alloted time's just 30minutes. 15minutes for each designated Q and A cause you ll b asked to write on 2 out of 3 topics. Success to you bro
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by dizzydazzy(m): 1:29pm On Sep 12, 2016
Chidizman:

The question is just normal GMAT bro. No graphs required. Just study your GMAT and Current affairs vry wel. We were asked to write Essay too. 50questions under 1hr I think for the GMAT based questions. The essay's alloted time's just 30minutes. 15minutes for each designated Q and A cause you ll b asked to write on 2 out of 3 topics. Success to you bro
Thanks a lot bro for the response and success wishes, really appreciate it. Would like to know the topic(s) asked for the essay; finance based or what type really? Would appreciate ur response. Thanks. This is my email address oseimobord@gmail.com.
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by Saint2flex: 4:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
Chidizman:

any info concerning d test written on the 20th of August? thanks
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by OlAfredd: 11:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
I hope this isn't late.....v bn trying to recollect d essay questions ..bt at least I rem d questions I answered...1. I think it has to do with the peculiarities of banks ...2. Something about how relevant you ll b to d goal of cmb. And if am correct, cmb goal is to be no 1 in Africa ; u cn check their website for that.
Theres verbal n Qt n I think there's gen awareness part also..ch focus more on current affairs, Basic accounting n economics questions. Bt it's simple if u v a business studies foundation ☺...bt d verbal...smh d vocabs r just much mehn bt d quatitative aspect was gen simple bt no cal tho just b good wt times table☺ n its,not as hard as a stndrd gmat questions.EoD. Je vous souhaite bonne chance!!!☺

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by sobur11: 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
has any one gotten a feedback from them
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 16, 2016
sobur11:
has any one gotten a feedback from them

Not yet from my end. I don't know what's keeping them waiting oo
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by Saint2flex: 7:41am On Oct 01, 2016
Has any one be contacted as regard the test result? Has any one be contacted as regard the test result? Has any one be contacted as regard the test result?
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by demolaxl(m): 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
I Av not heard from them also but I know they will respond very soon.
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by Ayo12345(m): 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hello House,
Am beginning to doubt the validity of the graduate trainee conducted by CMB, no feedback from aptitude test taken over a month now. They should forward the result already.
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by Zikdochi(m): 5:46pm On Oct 04, 2016
Leav dose guys, I don 4gt dem sef. Wen they are ready we will discuss
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hello house, i havent heard from them tho but i knew it would take this much time, i noticed they've conducted aptitude tests for different firms like NBC and one time it took about a year for them to complete the assesment. So its best you forget bout it and move on, if they are ready they will surely contact the successful ones. smiley
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by Akpasomething: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2016
Zikdochi:
Leav dose guys, I don 4gt dem sef. Wen they are ready we will discuss
Adedoyin16:
Hello house, i havent heard from them tho but i knew it would take this much time, i noticed they've conducted aptitude tests for different firms like NBC and one time it took about a year for them to complete the assesment. So its best you forget bout it and move on, if they are ready they will surely contact the successful ones. smiley
Ayo12345:
Hello House,
Am beginning to doubt the validity of the graduate trainee conducted by CMB, no feedback from aptitude test taken over a month now. They should forward the result already.

People have been invited for Assessment centre scheduled to hold on saturday the 15th october in Lagos

1 Like

Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by mayoor15(m): 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2016
Akpasomething:

People have been invited for Assessment centre scheduled to hold on saturday the 15th october in Lagos
for real....can the assessment centre be in stages or what
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by mayoor15(m): 1:10pm On Oct 08, 2016
Read the NBC thread ...HCP do their AC in stages, and unlike their promise, they will only contact people that make it to the next stage...let keep finger crossed
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by paulo1993(m): 3:59am On Oct 09, 2016
Are u trying to say that nobody on this thread at least got the message for the assessment center ?
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by mayoor15(m): 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
paulo1993:
Are u trying to say that nobody on this thread at least got the message for the assessment center ?
No but I know from HCP history, AC will be in stages and surely they will start with the first batch that did the test in August, but the promise of getting back to everyone may not come true, we can all pray and hope for the best, but for the guy that said some have been called, he can help tell the way person if he/she is not following the thread to join and at least give us some updates
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by adesola554801: 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hi everyone, been following this post for a while. I wrote the test on the 20th of August. And got invited to the assessment centre for Saturday. This is the text I received.
Dear Applicant,
Further to your performance in the Aptitude Test for the Coronation Merchant Bank 2016 GT Programme, we are pleased to inform you that you have been short-listed to participate in an Assessment Centre on Saturday, 15 October 2016 at 7:30 am. The venue is Canton Concourse, 12 Landbridge Avenue, Oniru Estate by Laplaya Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos. Please check your e-mail for further instructions.
Hope this helps. Will update soon after I attend the assessment centre.
Goodluck to the rest of you
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by mayoor15(m): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
adesola554801:
Hi everyone, been following this post for a while. I wrote the test on the 20th of August. And got invited to the assessment centre for Saturday. This is the text I received.
Dear Applicant,
Further to your performance in the Aptitude Test for the Coronation Merchant Bank 2016 GT Programme, we are pleased to inform you that you have been short-listed to participate in an Assessment Centre on Saturday, 15 October 2016 at 7:30 am. The venue is Canton Concourse, 12 Landbridge Avenue, Oniru Estate by Laplaya Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos. Please check your e-mail for further instructions.
did my test on the 15th sept. sha, probably the last batch cos we were less than or about 100 that day....All d best tyu guys on saturday
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by agroronnie: 12:23am On Oct 16, 2016
Hi guys so how was your assessment center experience. I am hoping there were group activities as well as presentations and interviews?
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
adesola554801:
Dear Applicant,
how was yours?
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by adesola554801: 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2016
It was quite tasking. From 7:30 till 4pm. Presentation. Interview. Group discussion. Written exercise and numerical, career and verbal tests.
This was my first assessment centre so I'm by sure how well I did but good luck to the rest of us.

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by mayoor15(m): 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
adesola554801:
It was quite tasking. From 7:30 till 4pm. Presentation. Interview. Group discussion. Written exercise and numerical, career and verbal tests.
This was my first assessment centre so I'm by sure how well I did but good luck to the rest of us.
how many were you
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
adesola554801:
I wish you the very best.
I have shelved all hopes of assessment center since the mail is yet to drop
You will make it through
May God Almighty make this your job.
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by agroronnie: 8:29am On Oct 19, 2016
adesola554801:

I am sure you did great dear....... keep your finger crossed.
I do have a couple of questions, you mentioned written exercise numerical career and verbal test..... did you have to rewrite the cbt test like a second test, Where they similar? and what do you mean by a career test? I equally want to find out if you could throw some light how the presentation was like and some of the interview questions.
thanks
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by adesola554801: 9:41am On Oct 19, 2016
mayoor15:
how many were you
We were about 50 or so
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by mayoor15(m): 10:03am On Oct 19, 2016
adesola554801:

We were about 50 or so
wow, datz much for an assessment centre but we are in nigeria though, do you know if all of you were from batch of 20th or they will still contact others
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by adesola554801: 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2016
mayoor15:
wow, datz much for an assessment centre but we are in nigeria though, do you know if all of you were from batch of 20th or they will still contact others

I heard different things. Heard that we were all from the aug 20 batch and then other people said its from the whole test. But the people I spoke to that day said they wrote theirs aug 20. So I'm thinking its batch by batch.
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by agroronnie: 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
Just got a regret email.... better late than never.
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by Saint2flex: 10:03am On Oct 29, 2016
I got a regret message too... very funny ppl. they shud av just make their selection through Personal recognition rather call us for aptitude test when they know they won't use it.. Naija we hail thee!!
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by dorothy0324: 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
I also got the regret mail...choiiii!!! My Job search shall end in praise
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by jaytees: 9:20am On Oct 30, 2016
Saint2flex:
I got a regret message too... very funny ppl. they shud av just make their selection through Personal recognition rather call us for aptitude test when they know they won't use it.. Naija we hail thee!!

How do you know it's through personal recognition? In competitive recruitment like this, it is usually tough when best brains a competing. Humbly accept your defeat and practice your gmat to improve your performance. If you keep up with this mentality that everything in Nigeria depends on who you know and that your effort rarely matters, then it will be hard for you to improve.
Re: I Got A Call From Coronation Merchant Bank, Please Who Also Got A Call by mayoor15(m): 12:07pm On Oct 30, 2016
jaytees:

How do you know it's through personal recognition? In competitive recruitment like this, it is usually tough when best brains a competing. Humbly accept your defeat and practice your gmat to improve your performance. If you keep up with this mentality that everything in Nigeria depends on who you know and that your effort rarely matters, then it will be hard for you to improve.
its not a mentality, its the reality. Maybe you are even part of their HR, who knows....Tell me how many companys you know when doing recruitment send regret mails to candidates after AC. If all things were equal, they should have sent the regret mails before starting AC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC's Derogatory Recruitment Exercise: A Process Striping Women Of Dignity / Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer / BAT Nigeria Sending Text Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.