Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Difference Btw Love And Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Difference Btw Love And Marriage (825 Views)

Man Surprises Girlfriend With Proposal And Marriage Same Day (Photos) / DIFFERENCE BTW AN AMERICAN FACEBOOK POST AND A NIGERIAN FACEBOOK POST / See What A Girl Replied Her Ex Who Asked The Difference Btw Him&her Current Boyf (2) (3) (4)

Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Gigi4sure: 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2016
"Difference in Love and Marriage".... A student asks a teacher, "What is love?" The teacher said, "in order to answer your question, go to the wheat field and choose the biggest wheat and come back. But the rule is: you can go through them only once and cannot turn back to pick." The student went to the field, go thru first row, he saw one big wheat, but he wonders... may be there is a bigger one later. Then he saw another bigger one... But may be there is an even bigger one waiting for him. Later, when he finished more than half of the wheat field, he start to realize that the wheat is not as big as the previous one he saw, he know he has missed the biggest one, and he regretted. So, he ended up went back to the teacher with empty hand. The teacher told him, "this is love... You keep looking for a better one, but when later you realise, you have already miss the person..." "What is marriage then?" the student asked. The teacher said, "in order to answer your question, go to the corn field and choose the biggest corn and come back. But the rule is: you can go through them only once and cannot turn back to pick." The student went to the corn field, this time he is careful not to repeat the previous mistake, when he reach the middle of the field, he has picked one medium corn that he feel satisfy, and come back to the teacher. The teacher told him, "This time you bring back a corn. You look for one that is just nice, and you have faith and believe this is the best one you get... This is marriage."

Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Zambux(f): 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2016
I love dis

Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Sexxkillz: 6:04pm On Aug 06, 2016
Nice article.
But paragraphs are free, you know?

Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Essence6055: 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2016
I am impressed

Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by agbonkamen(f): 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2016
good one
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Oahray: 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2016
So you are saying love and marriage are mutual exclusives?
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by DaveHert(m): 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
That teacher has marital crises!
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
Nice one
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2016
Hmmmm nice article.
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Oahray: 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2016
Mr op... Come and answer me jor. I'm curious to know the idea behind the analogy.
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 06, 2016
this article is misleading. must I look for the biggest wheat? no no, there are many pretty ladies out there, good nd ready for marriage. I mustn't select the most pretty one among them, for marriage. Ladies and gents, beware of what u read and stick to ur brain, don't b a YES MAN.
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by olive282(f): 7:37pm On Aug 06, 2016
strong766:
this article is misleading. must I look for the biggest wheat? no no, there are many pretty ladies out there, good nd ready for marriage. I mustn't select the most pretty one among them, for marriage. Ladies and gents, beware of what u read and stick to ur brain, don't b a YES MAN.

U obviously misunderstood....for marriage he picked d corn he was satisfied wid..nt d biggest or finest
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Upaka(f): 7:38pm On Aug 06, 2016
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Oahray: 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2016
olive282:

U obviously misunderstood....for marriage he picked d corn he was satisfied wid..nt d biggest or finest
do you understand and agree with the article? I have questions but the op is awol. Care to stand in for him?

Question 1 - Since the article implies that love leaves us empty-handed because it makes us choosy (I wonder who told him/her that) but marriage doesn't, does that mean love cannot coexist with marriage?
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2016
olive282:

then is the writer trying to say that there is no link between love and marriage. this article made it look as if people don't end up with who they love....how can u come back empty handed, although possible but not always.
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Gigi4sure: 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2016
Love cn lead to marriage if you are SATISFIED WITH D PERSON
strong766:
then is the writer trying to say that there is no link between love and marriage. this article made it look as if people don't end up with who they love....how can u come back empty handed, although possible but not always.
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Gigi4sure: 8:12pm On Aug 06, 2016
Am nt saying love cnt coexist wit marriage as a matter of fact its one of d pillars of marriage
Oahray:
do you understand and agree with the article? I have questions but the op is awol. Care to stand in for him?

Question 1 - Since the article implies that love leaves us empty-handed because it makes us choosy (I wonder who told him/her that) but marriage doesn't, does that mean love cannot coexist with marriage?

Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Oahray: 8:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
Gigi4sure:
Love cn lead to marriage if you are SATISFIED WITH D PERSON
lol. The article says love is when you return empty-handed cos you kept being choosy. How can love lead to marriage when there's only one outcome for love?
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Oahray: 8:16pm On Aug 06, 2016
Gigi4sure:
Am nt saying love cnt coexist wit marriage as a matter of fact its one of d pillars of marriage
ok, you aren't saying it. The article is. Obviously you just pasted because it sounded nice.
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Gigi4sure: 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
Obviously wen it comes to love we wil want d best person to fall in love with dats wat d boy wanting a bigger wheat represnts
Oahray:

Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Gigi4sure: 8:26pm On Aug 06, 2016
D article is saying If u keep falling in love continuously and nt settle down with one or d oda it cannot lead to marriage
Oahray:
lol. The article says love is when you return empty-handed cos you kept being choosy. How can love lead to marriage when there's only one outcome for love?
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Gigi4sure: 8:27pm On Aug 06, 2016
I ddnt share it bcoz it sounded jst nice
Oahray:
ok, you aren't saying it. The article is. Obviously you just pasted because it sounded nice.
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2016
Oahray:
u are a thinker..kudos for that observation.
Re: Difference Btw Love And Marriage by Oahray: 9:27pm On Aug 06, 2016
Gigi4sure:
D article is saying If u keep falling in love continuously and nt settle down with one or d oda it cannot lead to marriage
marriage? That's not what I read sir. There's no marriage in the first instance and no love in the second.

The first represents love, and every love. It has only one outcome, one must return empty-handed. It doesn't lead to marriage.

Now the second instance represents marriage and the only reference to the first instance is the lesson learnt from it. Take note, love is the first instance. The guy learnt from it and doesn't make the same mistake. This one has a completely different outcome from love.

If they have two separate contrasting outcomes, how can they coexist? I still don't get that point in the analogy.

Nigerians, B4 You Send Ur Daughter Or Sister 2 A University In Ghana, Pls Read!! / Does What One Sees In A Dream Matters? / Must It All Be Abt Sex..

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69