Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,443 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

What If You're Wrong? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If You're Wrong? (2618 Views)

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? / If You're A Christian, Muslim Or Jew - You Are Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If You're Wrong? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:57pm On Sep 25, 2009
[size=13pt]And Your Answer comes in as ''YES" .well then you're wrong .A Dog can not give birth to bird and to a goat same time. and human being cant give birth to a dog. Peherps you dont know how to back up your God this time around after reading my previous post and you here sharing Nonsense?.

Lightwalk dont claim you know everything now see the result it has caused you sharing out of breeze. How can you Say Dog can give birth to a Goat? ,Human can give birth to a Dog? and you clappings hands for making good and brilliant knownledge?. no no i refuse to agree with you.

A world where War, Earthquake , Famine , Seperation , Confussion upon Confussion is perfect. Right? huh. . . you tell me. all the many disasters and world Crisis the hiding Fool. i mean your(God) is the author.
[/size]
lightwalk:

Yes, a dog can give birth to a goat, and a human can even give birth to a dog. You just have to understand that the earth and everything in it is not perfect.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by duduspace(m): 10:24pm On Sep 25, 2009
mazaje:

How are you doing duduspace?

I'm fine my brother, hw is life treating you?
Re: What If You're Wrong? by kolaxy(m): 12:26am On Sep 26, 2009
@atheist,mazaje,mantraa,manmustwac,duduspace,ogaga,agathamari et al,

I know you'll never accept the fact that you could be wrong, but let's just assume the situation, even if you don't even believe in souls/spirits.

Let's say(God forbid)you died, and you came out of your body and somehow still exists in some form. You're stuck in an unimaginable horrible place for all eternity, what would you do? really? what would be your reaction?
Re: What If You're Wrong? by manmustwac(m): 12:49am On Sep 26, 2009
kolaxy:

I know you'll never accept the fact that you could be wrong, but let's just assume the situation, even if you don't even believe in souls/spirits.

Let's say(God forbid)you died, and you came out of your body and somehow still exists in some form. You're stuck in an unimaginable horrible place for all eternity, what would you do? really? what would be your reaction?
Well if i saw god in the beforelife and he said to me ''manmustwack i am going to create u, you are going to be born in london to christian parents from nigeria, i want you to worship me and praise me read your bible go to church regulary spread the word of the lord etc etc that when u die your soul will return to me and  tell me everything you did during your time on earth. That if i was a good boy and obeyed him i will go to Heaven and if i was a bad boy i wil spend eternity in Hell''
Well since god didn't appear to me before i was born. I don't see any reason why i should believe it. There was no beforelife. So there will be no afterlife

Heaven and Hell exists in your imagination
Re: What If You're Wrong? by Atheists: 1:02am On Sep 26, 2009

Utter nonsense
Re: What If You're Wrong? by olabowale(m): 1:30am On Sep 26, 2009
@Manmustwac: « #35 on: Today at 12:49:04 AM »
Well if i saw god in the beforelife and he said to me ''manmustwack i am going to create u, you are going to be born in london to christian parents from nigeria, i want you to worship me and praise me read your bible go to church regulary spread the word of the lord etc etc that when u die your soul will return to me and tell me everything you did during your time on earth. That if i was a good boy and obeyed him i will go to Heaven and if i was a bad boy i wil spend eternity in Hell''
Well since god didn't appear to me before i was born. I don't see any reason why i should believe it. There was no beforelife. So there will be no afterlife

Heaven and Hell exists in your imagination
In the Quran God did exactly what you are denying above to every soul of the Cildren of Adam, not individually, but in a gathering of all of them, Allah Witnessing, they individually and the others wetnessing against everyone of them. The verse is posted below, so now it is your responsibility to seek your God Allah in truth through prayer and hope of finding the truth and ariving at a just condition for your soul.

And (remember) when your Lord brought forth from the Children of Adam from their loins their descendants and made them testify of themselves, [asking them:] “Am I not your Lord?” They all replied “Yes, we testify to it!” This, lest you should say on the Day of Resurrection: “We were unaware of this.” Or in case you say: “It was our ancestors who made partners in worship along with Allah and we are only their descendants. Will you then destroy us for what those liars did?”
(Quran, 7:172-173)
Re: What If You're Wrong? by kolaxy(m): 5:31am On Sep 26, 2009
Proverbs 1:7

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, wink
Re: What If You're Wrong? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:28am On Sep 26, 2009
[size=13pt]Now i have learnt how to turn Comments off *, would you feel now you finally make some sense? [/size]

kolaxy:

Re: What If You're Wrong? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:46am On Sep 30, 2009
[size=13pt]No no we are not wrong,God is an invention of Man. So the nature of God is only a shallow mystery. The deep mystery is the nature of man. cool [/size]
Re: What If You're Wrong? by mantraa: 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2009
On the planet? I don't think they instructed Niah to gather every animal on the planet, he only gathered those he could reach and some strange sample of wooden material have been found and carbon dated to around the date the incident was biblically recorded

@lightwalk
It seems that you know that it would be impossible to gather two of every animal and put them in a wooden boat. This is good, you are starting to think rationally. However most christians would disagree with you and claim that the story is literally true. In answers-in-genesis and their very popular creation museum in kentucky they claim that two of all the dinosaurs were on the ark as well, including brontosaurus and t-rex! http://creationmuseum.org/whats-here/exhibits/#dinosaur-den

Either you believe in it all or you dont. You cant just pick and choose. Or maybe you are just starting to realise how rediculous the whole thing sounds.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2009
[size=13pt]I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time, afterall he/she is a man maid, imaginary deity. In fact, God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight forward,"Truth"[/size]
Re: What If You're Wrong? by DeepSight(m): 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2009
mantraa:

Why do people keep quoting passages from the bible to prove the authenticity of god?

Can you not see that it is like someone quoting passages from a book about harry potter to prove the authenticity of harry potter.

A muslim does the exact same thing using his quaran to prove the authenticity of mohammed.

If a person, or group of people write a book and in chapter 30 say what is going to happen in chapter 60 and then write chapter 60 as predicted, this does not make it a supernatural book, it makes it a fictional book. 

The questions asked by god in the story of job are an example of the writers ignorance of the forces of nature that control the earth's climate and cosmology, etc.
These mysteries have been answered by scientists and are no longer attributed to the fictional bronze age god of the bible.

Look at the big picture and stop using tunnel vision like christianity is the only religion you are aware of. Nobody is going to go to heaven or hell. We are already there and it is wonderful.

Mantraa -

You have stated that the questions asked in the book of Job are an example of the writer's ignorance of the forces of nature. You shame yourself. Check out the following:

In ancient times it was generally believed that the earth was flat. It was also believed that it was supported by something or the other beneath its flat surface. Many myths evolved about the things that were supporting it.

However without any geological, astronomical or cosmological knowledge, Job wrote:

He stretches out the north over empty space, and hangs the earth on nothing - Job 26.7.

How did he know that the earth hangs on nothing, so to speak?

The shape of the Earh.

Despite contrary assertions, the fact of a spherical earth was clearly proclaimed in the Bible by the prophet Isaiah nearly twenty-eight centuries ago ,  "It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers [etc.]" Isaiah 40:22 (NKJ). When Isaiah wrote this verse he used the Hebrew word "khug" to describe the shape of the earth. Although this word is commonly translated into the English word "circle," the literal meaning of this word is "a sphere."

How did the prophet know that the earth was a sphere? Science did not know this until about 20 centuries later?

I would be highly interested in seeing you attempt to explain these away: but i would advise you not to be too desperate to come up with an unlikely explanation.

Would you like to take back your words about Job merely showing ignorance?

Because i am certain that if you atheists lived in those times, just like every body else, you would have believed the earth to be flat, and not known that it was hanging more or less, on nothing. - The prophets would clearly have been miles ahead of you. So please, give some respect.

You might therefore want to see these words in a different light -

36 Who endowed the heart with wisdom
       or gave understanding to the mind [h] ?
Re: What If You're Wrong? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2009
[size=13pt]Christians do not have faith in God so much as they have GREATER faith in the people who told them which god to worship, and ultimately -supreme- faith in their ability to choose the correct god, and to correctly interpret that god. Christians, in reality, worship nobody but themselves. wink

In the First day Man Created "God" in their own image = Imaginary Deity.
[/size]
Re: What If You're Wrong? by jagunlabi(m): 4:01pm On Sep 30, 2009
@kolaxy
What if God is Sango,Allah or Zeus?Aren't you just as screwed as atheists for having worshipped the wrong deity all your life?
Atleast atheists got to sleep in on sundays,instead of having wasted their weekends worshipping the wrong "lord". grin
Re: What If You're Wrong? by kolaxy(m): 12:29am On Oct 01, 2009
@ Deep sight,

Mantraa -

You have stated that the questions asked in the book of Job are an example of the writer's ignorance of the forces of nature. You shame yourself. Check out the following:

In ancient times it was generally believed that the earth was flat. It was also believed that it was supported by something or the other beneath its flat surface. Many myths evolved about the things that were supporting it.

However without any geological, astronomical or cosmological knowledge, Job wrote:

He stretches out the north over empty space, and hangs the earth on nothing - Job 26.7.

The shape of the Earh.

Despite contrary assertions, the fact of a spherical earth was clearly proclaimed in the Bible by the prophet Isaiah nearly twenty-eight centuries ago , "It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers [etc.]" Isaiah 40:22 (NKJ). When Isaiah wrote this verse he used the Hebrew word "khug" to describe the shape of the earth. Although this word is commonly translated into the English word "circle," the literal meaning of this word is "a sphere."

How did the prophet know that the earth was a sphere? Science did not know this until about 20 centuries later?

I would be highly interested in seeing you attempt to explain these away: but i would advise you not to be too desperate to come up with an unlikely explanation.

Because i am certain that if you atheists lived in those times, just like every body else, you would have believed the earth to be flat, and not known that it was hanging more or less, on nothing. - The prophets would clearly have been miles ahead of you. So please, give some respect.

You surely have a very deep insight, Cheers
Re: What If You're Wrong? by kolaxy(m): 12:33am On Oct 01, 2009
@jagunlabi,

@kolaxy
What if God is Sango,Allah or Zeus?Aren't you just as screwed as atheists for having worshipped the wrong deity all your life?
Atleast atheists got to sleep in on sundays,instead of having wasted their weekends worshipping the wrong "lord".

We serve the living and true God (1 Thessalonians 1:9), "the living God, who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all things that are in them" (Acts 14:15). I dont serve dead gods wink
Re: What If You're Wrong? by bawomolo(m): 1:46am On Oct 01, 2009
kolaxy:

@jagunlabi,

We serve the living and true God (1 Thessalonians 1:9), "the living God, who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all things that are in them" (Acts 14:15). I dont serve dead gods wink

This is circular logic.  You are using the bible to support a religion based on the Bible.   

I'd take my chances being an atheist.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by mantraa: 4:00am On Oct 01, 2009
@ deepsight

In Job 26:7 it says, "He suspends the earth over nothing". Or "God hangeth the earth upon nothing."
You are wrong if you think that at the time that was written, every man on earth believed the world was held up by some kind of a solid foundation.

Anaximander (6th century B.C.) -- taught that the stars were attached to a sphere with the earth floating freely in the center without support.

Anaxagoras (c. 500 - 428 B.C.) -- according to Plutarch and other ancient writers, taught correct explanation of Moon's phases.

Aristotle (d. 323 B.C.) -- In his _Meteorology_ said, "The sphericity of the Earth is proved by the evidence of our senses." Noted change in stars visible as you move north to south; the manner in which the hull of a ship vanishes below the horizon before the mast does; and the round shadow of the Earth on the Moon during a lunar eclipse.

Aristarchus (c. 310 - 230 B.C.) -- In his _On the Size and Distances of the Sun and Moon_ used geometric arguments to try to establish those values. While the values were wrong due to limitations in making the necessary measurements (Proposition 15 derived the ratio of the diameters of the Sun and Earth as between 19:3 and 43:6; he derived a distance to the Sun of 18-20 times the distance to the Moon), the ideas were sound.

Eratosthenes (276 - 196 B.C.) -- Using the difference in angle of the Sun from the zenith at Alexandria and Syene, estimated the circumference of the Earth as 46000 km (actual value is 40000 km).

Ptolemy (active A.D. 127 to 151) -- invented a conical map projection to compensate for roundness of Earth: "When the Earth is delineated on a sphere, it has a shape like its own, "; Propositions  19-21 in Book V of the Almagest contains a geometrical argument yielding a distance from Earth to Sun of 1210 terrestrial radii (4,800,000 miles) -- while this is small by a factor of 20, it gives a solar parallax of < 3 minutes, below the limit of observational accuracy at the time.

The Greeks knew many things that other ancient peoples apparently didn't, but recent research shows that they got much of their knowledge from even more ancient peoples.  An interesting example of this was a discovery reported in the New York Times of January 8, 1950 that the ancient Sumerians were familiar with what later became known as the Pythagorean Theorem:
Recent discoveries of cuneiform writing seem to indicate the Sumerians believed the earth was spherical.  Any people associated with the Sumerians or the civilizations derived from them would likewise have some of their knowledge.  This obviously applies to the Israelites, as well as the Greeks and Egyptians.

Understand that it is Job, not God, speaking in Job 26:7 when he says "he suspends the earth over nothing."

And then God appears and asks him where he was when God laid the foundations of the Earth and fixed its cornerstone. 

When the Jewish God, Yahweh, appears on the scene He says;

{Job 38:4} Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
{Job 38:5} Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
{Job 38:6} Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

Do you really believe these are the actual words of the deist god that you believe in?
Re: What If You're Wrong? by Nobody: 4:12am On Oct 01, 2009
bawomolo:

I'd take my chances being an atheist.

most of you sound very frustrated so I wonder what you use to fill in the void.

alcohol? drugs? women?

nothing seems to be working for you people, going by your rants here.

just an observation.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by Nobody: 4:15am On Oct 01, 2009
The Greeks knew many things that other ancient peoples apparently didn't, but recent research shows that they got much of their knowledge from even more ancient peoples.  An interesting example of this was a discovery reported in the New York Times of January 8, 1950 that the ancient Sumerians were familiar with what later became known as the Pythagorean Theorem:
Recent discoveries of cuneiform writing seem to indicate the Sumerians believed the earth was spherical.  Any people associated with the Sumerians or the civilizations derived from them would likewise have some of their knowledge.  This obviously applies to the Israelites, as well as the Greeks and Egyptians.

amazing how so much of what we consider modern is discovered to be not so modern after all.

More like the blueprint has always been there, but the knowledge lost and slowly rediscovered bit by slow bit in different places and at different times.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by mantraa: 4:44am On Oct 01, 2009
You are right. A lot of ancient knowledge was lost as kingdoms rose and fell, only to be rediscovered again centuries later as people were allowed to persue their quest for knowledge free from fear of being labelled a heretic and having their books burned, like what happened in the dark ages in europe.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 01, 2009
^^ true.

funny how so much collapsed after Rome did.

Thats when the dark ages started as well.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by jagunlabi(m): 1:44pm On Oct 01, 2009
What if you are wrong and YOUR god is the one that is dead?All those sundays wasted on wrong god . . .
kolaxy:

@jagunlabi,

Re: What If You're Wrong? by mazaje(m): 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2009
Deep Sight:

Mantraa -

The shape of the Earh.

You claım to be a deist but you keep on hanging to the christian god. . .is the bible a book of the desit god?. . . . the bible is NOT the book of the deist god. . . If you want to be a christian go ahead and become one stop using their book. . . . .you are only deluding yourself. . . by the way the same bible talks about the earth having for corners. . .it talks about the sun rotating round the earth and it also says that the earth is imovable. . . .that is completely different from we now know about the earth. . .

Despite contrary assertions, the fact of a spherical earth was clearly proclaimed in the Bible by the prophet Isaiah nearly twenty-eight centuries ago ,  "It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers [etc.]" Isaiah 40:22 (NKJ). When Isaiah wrote this verse he used the Hebrew word "khug" to describe the shape of the earth. Although this word is commonly translated into the English word "circle," the literal meaning of this word is "a sphere."

It's clear that you have a very low opinion of the people that wrote the bible when you make statements like this you only embarass yourselves. . . the people that wrote the bible were humans no? were they monkeys? cheesy cheesy. . .

What is so speacial about the writers of the bible knowing that the earth is a circle? Others like them also knew that the earth was a sphere too. They were not the only ones that knew. . .The ancient Greeks used what we now call observation, reasoning and science. . .

Anaximander was the first recorded person to suggest the Earth is a sphere. Erastothenes basically worked out the circumference. It was proven 1800 years later by Magellan's voyage.

Greek mathematicians first proved the the square root of two is an irrational number.

400 B.C., Archytas of Tarentum asserts that sound was propogated by a medium (air or water)

Anaxagoras thought that the sun was not just a small glowing circle of light. He thought of it as a large glowing rock, larger than the Peloponnese peninsula. For that belief he was exiled.

Aristarchus (c. 310-230 B.C.): boldly attempted to find the relative sizes and distances of the moon, earth, and sun. (1) The earth-moon relative size was obtained from the curvature of the earth's shadow cast on the moon during lunar eclipses. (2) The earth-moon distance was found from trigonometry to be 25 earth diameters. (3) The sun's distance was obtained by trying to find when the moon was at exactly first quarter phase. At that point the earth-moon-sun angle must be 90 degrees exactly, and Aristarchus thought that this position differed from where the moon should be halfway beteen new and full by 3 degrees. If 3 degrees is accepted, the sun is 20 times further than the moon, and (4) also 20 times larger in diameter. Beyond these amazing attempts, Aristarchus also proposed in a serious way a Sun-centered (heliocentric) cosmology, motivated by the observation that the sun is much larger than the earth. A prediction of this model is that the stars are enormously distanct, since they cannot be seen to shift as the Earth swings in its wide arc around the sun.

Aristarchus suggests that the heavenly bodies revolve around the sun and calculated (because of the lack of parallax) that the stars were extrememly far away.

Aristotle classified the dolphins as mammals and not fish, as he noticed they bore their young alive with umbilical cords attached.

Pytheas correctly asserts that tides are related to the phases of the moon.

Hipparchus (c. 194-120 B.C.): The first great observational astronomer compiled a catalog of positions and brightnesses of 1080 stars as well as the sun, moon, and planets that remained unparalled until the late 1500s. He discovered the effect of precession by comparing to older star charts. With his data on planet positions, he realized that simple motion around a sphere was comletely inadequate to explain the loopy motion of the planets among the stars and invented the "epicycle", a smaller sphere centered on the main sphere, on which the planet moved so that it was periodically carried backwards with respect to its usual direction.

Let's not forget to mention Plato, Pythgoras, Epicurus etc.

http://astro.wsu.edu/worthey/astro/html/lec-greeks.html

Some of the Greeks knew much more about cosmology and science than the hebrew writers of the bible. . . .They also made their own wrong theories like the writers of the bible but they were more elaborate and showed more knowledge even at that time. . .Have you read theirt own books or do you limit yourself only to the bible?

There is no need explaning things away. . . the ancient greeks had more scientific knowledge of the world compared to the ancient jews from the what they wrote down. . . .

Is it the same mythical job that was said to have survived inside a fish for 3 days?. . . . .  Convince me that the story is not a myth. . . 

The first person to show that the earth was not flat was not even a jew and he did not have his inspirations from yahweh. . .how do you know that every body in antiquity thought the earth was flat?. . . did you interview all the people living in china, indai, americas. europe and they all told you that the belived the earth was flat?

OK lets look into the bible and see

Then Jacob took fresh rods of poplar and almond and plane, and peeled white streaks in them, exposing the white of the rods. He set the rods that he had peeThen Jacob took fresh rods of poplar and almond and plane, and peeled white streaks in them, exposing the white of the rods. He set the rods that he had peeled in front of the flocks in the troughs, that is, the watering places, where the flocks came to drink. And since they bred when they came to drink, the flocks bred in front of the rods, and so the flocks produced young that were striped, speckled, and spotted (30:37-39)

How has this ridiculous and mythical knowledge of biblical genetics helped humanity at all?. . . .
Re: What If You're Wrong? by mazaje(m): 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2009
tpia.:

most of you sound very frustrated so I wonder what you use to fill in the void.

alcohol? drugs? women?

nothing seems to be working for you people, going by your rants here.

just an observation.

You claim others are frustrated only to show that you are the one that is really frustrated. . .Is this the lie you people tell yourselves so that you can sleep at night? . . . .When your guys go around peddling lies and myths you call it sharing the good news. . .when people tell you that your myths are nothing more than myths you find a lie to tell your self about them so that you can sleep at night. . . . grin grin. . .Funny people. . .
Re: What If You're Wrong? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2009
mazaje:

You claim others are frustrated only to show that you are the one that is really frustrated. . .Is this the lie you people tell yourselves so that you can sleep at night? . . . .When your guys go around peddling lies and myths you call it sharing the good news. . .when people tell you that your myths are nothing more than myths you find a lie to tell your self about them so that you can sleep at night. . . . grin grin. . .Funny people. . .

dont you think you sound quite frustrated now?

you need to ask yourself why these things bother you so much.

If you consider other people's religion a lie, then as long as you say you've delivered yourself from "lies", then shouldnt you be happy?

Yet you're not. In fact, you're miserable.

why is that.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by skydancer: 4:24pm On Oct 01, 2009
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy
Atheists getting a sound beating of their minds and reprimand of their crooked and devious ways. there's nothing I could have loved better! Thumbs up peeps! cheesy

I just never knew that these guys were for real before
Re: What If You're Wrong? by mazaje(m): 8:12pm On Oct 01, 2009
tpia.:

dont you think you sound quite frustrated now?

you need to ask yourself why these things bother you so much.

If you consider other people's religion a lie, then as long as you say you've delivered yourself from "lies", then shouldnt you be happy?

Yet you're not. In fact, you're miserable.

why is that.

LYING to yourself and claiming things that are not true will never make them true. . .Atheist are not fustrated no matter how much you keep lying to yourself. . . .Any way you need to lie to yourself that atheist are frustrated so that your delusions will apper better to you. . .actually your myth lied to you that there is no real happiness unless if you subscribe to the myth so keep on believing. , at least you need it so that you can sleep comfortable at night. . .
Re: What If You're Wrong? by DeepSight(m): 9:03pm On Oct 01, 2009
Mantraa & Mazaje -

I am astounded that you both have failed to see the major loophole in your reference to other ancient people:

Those people were scientists, astronomers and physicists.

What was Job, that he should have such knowledge?

What was Isaiah?

And most importantly the Greek Civilization was far down the line after the Hebrew Texts had been written!

You both astound me.

Mazaje: Learn: A rejection of religion (which is my path) does not necessarily amount to a rejection of God, or Spirituality. The Deistic worldview focuses on the existence of a Supreme Being who created the world, but there are many many different types of, variations, and views within Deism.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by wirinet(m): 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2009
Deep Sight:

Mantraa -

The shape of the Earh.

I share the same view with mazaje, if you believe in the Biblical God, why not proclaim your self a Christian?, why the semantics of calling yourself a deist.  So that at least we will know your point of view when discussing with you.

I am disappointed at your reference to biblical verses quoted by you refering to the earth suspended in nothing and the circle of the earth. If such statements was coming from Mr Olaadegun or Davidylan i would have understood but from you that claims to have sufficient knowledge of astronomy, it is a shame.

If you job fully instead of pick and chose as employed by Christians, you will see that he got so many things wrong. But you people (Christians) would only highlight verses that have the slightest correlation with scientific facts of today.

The so many absurd things of the bible would not be mentioned by you, like the sun standing still for three days, and so many others.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by DeepSight(m): 9:39pm On Oct 01, 2009
wirinet:

I share the same view with mazaje, if you believe in the Biblical God, why not proclaim your self a Christian?, why the semantics of calling yourself a deist.  So that at least we will know your point of view when discussing with you.

I am disappointed at your reference to biblical verses quoted by you refering to the earth suspended in nothing and the circle of the earth. If such statements was coming from Mr Olaadegun or Davidylan i would have understood but from you that claims to have sufficient knowledge of astronomy, it is a shame.

If you job fully instead of pick and chose as employed by Christians, you will see that he got so many things wrong. But you people (Christians) would only highlight verses that have the slightest correlation with scientific facts of today.

The so many absurd things of the bible would not be mentioned by you, like the sun standing still for three days, and so many others.

I hope you realise you have neither addressed what i rasied nor made any point.

Why the hell are people so black and white? ? ? ? ?

Once somebody sees somethings of value and interest in a compound book such as the bible, such a person must be a fire-breathing-born-again christian-in-disguise? ? ? ? ? Good grief! ! !

I have learnt something in life: nothing is ever as bad as people claim it to be. And nothing is ever as good as people claim it to be.

Things are not black and white!

Thus, there are illogicalities in the Bible just as surely as there are things to wonder at. As well as useful bits of history.

The persons (like you atheist lot) who seek to state that there is nothing worthwhile in the bible or quoran are just as off-the-mark as the persons who seek to state that there is nothing wrong in these books!

Get it? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Re: What If You're Wrong? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2009
I share the same view with mazaje, if you believe in the Biblical God, why not proclaim your self a Christian?, why the semantics of calling yourself a deist. So that at least we will know your point of view when discussing with you.

You must be reading my mind sir.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye shared this Touching Story and PRAYER for everyone / Evolution Of The Eye / When Your Friends Desert You Because Of Your Belief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.