Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? (8272 Views)

Who Is A True Christian? Let's Ask Some Major Christian Sects / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? / Truthmans2012, Annunaki2 Or Parisbookaddict, Who Is The True Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 07, 2016
As a true christain. You know the situation of the country and how difficult it is getting a Job ,assuming where you work you have this strict boss which everyone tries to please ok you were with him on this particular day, his phone rang and he asked you to take the call ..which u did..the callers asked you to give the phone to the owner that he wants to speak to him and your boss signal you to tell him he is not around as a true Christian what will you do? ? You and i knows the consequence of lying which the Bible condems so what will you do/ say?? .

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Tallesty1(m): 8:59am On Aug 07, 2016
It is my boss that lied not me. I am just a messenger.

67 Likes

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by MzPecs(f): 9:00am On Aug 07, 2016
I'll simply say "I'm sorry, my boss can't speak with you right now" cool

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Snow5(m): 9:05am On Aug 07, 2016
I won't lie... I would rather say...

"please can you kindly call back later, he is currently busy"!!

Of course he is busy with me na.. Both of us are chatting right?

11 Likes

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Flexherbal(m): 9:13am On Aug 07, 2016
I will tell him to drop the message, that it will get to my boss.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by 0ubenji(m): 9:18am On Aug 07, 2016
Tallesty1:
It is my boss that lied not me.
I am just a messenger.
Such a smart guy u are..
Let's examine the flipsides of the issue ur SMART comment propounded.

1."You're just a messenger"...simply tell the caller as a messenger that u are:
"MY BOSS SAYS to tell you he's not around"...
if u dare say:
"my boss is not around" OR "I don't know",
you're no longer speaking as a messenger but for urself as a matter of certainty of what u know for a fact. I don't need to tell u dis a lie.

--------------------------

2. "You're just a messenger"..
I need you to help me rob a bank tomorrow noon. Don't worry, when the police apprehends u, just tell em': "I'm just a messenger; it's 0ubenji that robbed the bank; Not Me!"

---------------------------

Smh

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by 0ubenji(m): 9:24am On Aug 07, 2016
MzPecs:
Lolz..if it were som1 ur boss cud tell "I'm busy, can't speak with u right now"; he/she would av told u to tel him/her that straightup or did it him/herself.
So ur scope no gel, coz saying wat he/she dint tel u to say to the caller might cause a rift btw ur boss and the caller. You don't knw who's calling Ooo, neither do u knw why ur boss is avoidin the caller..
Chai! God help U if it apuns to be a major stakeholder in the company.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Strawman: 10:48am On Aug 07, 2016
The thing is, lying itself is generally wrong (Christian or not), especially when it's to protect your own interest. Notice, whenever someone lies, he's hurting someone else either directly or indirectly.

Look at it from the caller's point of view. If you were the one who called and you later found out the employee lied to you, you'd most likely be offended, because it was wrong. For whatever important reason you called, the person who lied to you has either stopped your aim of calling or delayed it.

As for me, I'll make as much effort to tell the caller off without having to lie ("drop a message", "you can't speak with him at the moment" etc). I may end up lying sef if the person persists, but if I lie eventually, at least I know why what I did is wrong.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 07, 2016
Strawman:
The thing is, lying itself is generally wrong (Christian or not), especially when it's to protect your own interest. Notice, whenever someone lies, he's hurting someone else either directly or indirectly.

Look at it from the caller's point of view. If you were the one who called and you later found out the employee lied to you, you'd most likely be offended, because it was wrong. For whatever important reason you called, the person who lied to you has either stopped your aim of calling or delayed it.

As for me, I'll make as much effort to tell the caller off without having to lie ("drop a message", "you can't speak with him at the moment" etc). I may end up lying sef if the person persists, but if I lie eventually, at least I know why what I did is wrong.
you so right

1 Like

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 07, 2016

lalasticlala what will you do if you were in a situation like this ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
I am a Mudslim...Fallahu Fvckbar

I will chop of my Boss's head how dare him drag Me to sin?

Oh we talking Christian God?

Well, Chances are I will probably fornicate later in the week, there's no point Avoiding one lie and choosing Several others later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by FreshBoiy(m): 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
There is no need to over-flog this issue. Simply be as professional as possible. "My boss is currently unavailable or not on sit, kindly leave a message and he would get back to you ASAP!". grin

3 Likes

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by SPG4U(m): 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
My job

1 Like

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by toluA5F5: 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2016
truth grin grin
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by SmooshCHN: 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2016
My boss is not available at the moment.. Even the Bible ask you to be wise

4 Likes

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by FreshBoiy(m): 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
MzPecs:
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Aaronsrod: 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
Liars are satanic. My heart is pure. I would kill both the caller and my boss to the glory of God.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Coldfeet(f): 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
Sorry caller my boss says he is busy and will call you back! Did I lie? kiss

1 Like

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by FreshBoiy(m): 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
0ubenji:

Lolz..if it were som1 ur boss cud tell "I'm busy, can't speak with u right now"; he/she would av told u to tel him/her that straightup or did it him/herself.
So ur scope no gel, coz saying wat he/she dint tel u to say to the caller might cause a rift btw ur boss and the caller. You don't knw who's calling Ooo, neither do u knw why ur boss is avoidin the caller..
Chai! God help U if it apuns to be a major stakeholder in the company.
Nice Point of view smiley
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by ChappyChase: 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2016
MzPecs:
And you think sey, you go still dey that office
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by oscarnoble(m): 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
I will do like emmanuella and tell d caller my boss said I should tell u, that he/she is not around period,, did I lie ? No but I also did what he/she ask me to do grin

1 Like

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by pyyxxaro: 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
Lemme go and ask Uncle LIE MOHAMMED first undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Kgdavid(m): 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2016
This is a tough one. but in every situation there is always a solution i feel.

In this instance you could simply say "I'm sorry, Mr. So So So is unavailable at the moment".
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by HighQue007: 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2016
My candid advice.

Say the truth cos u r a good christian so you can lose your Job; then go to ur church and ask ur pastor to pay you salary.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Olasco93: 1:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
Watch and see, 98.9% of those that would release Comments here today are those that don't even know the Word (Hearers and not Doers), those who can only quote John 3:16 correctly, those that don't know the road to their Church anymore(Sunday to Sunday Christians)... And those that always want to HELP God (e.g Alahaji Shekau and his followers).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by AIRNYCAN1(f): 1:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
"Send one of your number to get your brother; the rest of you will be kept in prison, so that your words may be tested to see if you are telling the truth. If you are not, then as surely as Pharaoh lives, you are spies!"" (Genesis 42:16).
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by AntiWailer: 1:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
The diplomacy or better put, The political truth.

This question is not applicable to dream jobs sha.

Cos there are more complex lies than my boss bla bla
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Kylekent59: 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
Dnt even knw what to comment. I just need likes. Havnt I said d truth
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
Ud say ur boss is currently unavailable, its nt lying, but being diplomatic.
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Mypeople2(m): 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2016
Berlyn:
As a true christain. You know the situation of the country and how difficult it is getting a Job ,assuming where you work you have this strict boss which everyone tries to please ok you were with him on this particular day, his phone rang and he asked you to take the call ..which u did..the callers asked you to give the phone to the owner that he wants to speak to him and your boss signal you to tell him he is not around as a true Christian what will you do? ? You and i knows the consequence of lying which the Bible condems so what will you do/ say?? .

Every problem has a solution. So when you get to that bridge, you will cross it. The answer you give to such a situation now , may not be the solution on that fateful day .Some may say" I will lie o " What if your boss is trying to test you to see if you are a stone liar or a crooked liar? So I will cross it when the time comes.
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Idrismusty97(m): 1:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
LOL, As a good Christian it is OK to fornicate so long as you don't lie

1 Like

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Yoyostic: 1:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
I'll rather lose my job.Not just for christainity but as a living being with integrity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apostle G. D. Numbere Is Dead / Christians god Have Sex With Mary To Get His Only Begotten Son / Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.