Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,294 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

What Finger Is The Appropriate For Engagement Ring To Be Inserted? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Finger Is The Appropriate For Engagement Ring To Be Inserted? (1941 Views)

Man Abroad Sends Ring To Co-worker To Propose To His Abuja Gf On His Behalf(Pics / Man Buys Himself A Ring, To Look For Wife Later (Photos) / Lady Returns Her Ring To Her Boyfriend After 3 Days Of Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Finger Is The Appropriate For Engagement Ring To Be Inserted? by stepo707: 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2016
What finger is the appropriate for engagement ring to be inserted? Is it the middle or fourth?
Am asking because in some recent pictures I see here on nairaland, some arethe third finger while some other pictures I see on the forth finger.
So which is correct ?
Re: What Finger Is The Appropriate For Engagement Ring To Be Inserted? by ShayGirl(f): 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2016
From the little I know, the MIDDLE finger signifies engagement while the RING finger(fourth) signifies Marriage
Re: What Finger Is The Appropriate For Engagement Ring To Be Inserted? by Flexherbal(m): 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2016
I have been asking same question.
Re: What Finger Is The Appropriate For Engagement Ring To Be Inserted? by Dabigbroda(m): 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2016
Let's wait for the gurus to come onboard and do justice 2 the topic....
Re: What Finger Is The Appropriate For Engagement Ring To Be Inserted? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2016
The third or middle finger is for engagement.
Re: What Finger Is The Appropriate For Engagement Ring To Be Inserted? by stepo707: 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2016
ShayGirl:
From the little I know, the MIDDLE finger signifies engagement while the RING finger(fourth) signifies Marriage
But I see even some Americans put on the fourth finger in movies.is it that there is no standard?
Re: What Finger Is The Appropriate For Engagement Ring To Be Inserted? by stepo707: 7:49pm On Aug 07, 2016
Cc lalasticlala
Re: What Finger Is The Appropriate For Engagement Ring To Be Inserted? by ShayGirl(f): 7:50pm On Aug 07, 2016
stepo707:

But I see even some Americans put on the fourth finger in movies.is it that there is no standard?

That's how I understand it to be... Probably, there is no longer a standard for it being that way....who knows?undecided
Re: What Finger Is The Appropriate For Engagement Ring To Be Inserted? by sleekyonyx(f): 9:47pm On Aug 07, 2016
Middle finger, left hand

But some still put it on the fourth finger

It depends sha
Re: What Finger Is The Appropriate For Engagement Ring To Be Inserted? by Hawwah(f): 9:59pm On Aug 07, 2016
Engagement ring is customarily worn on the 4th finger of the left hand as at the time being engaged and Once you’re married, tradition dictates that your engagement band be moved back to the 3rd finger on your left hand. When you do so, your wedding ring should remain closest to your heart (where your spouse placed it on your wedding day) and your engagement ring is placed next to the wedding ring. Although custom vary across the world and some women infuse their own style on the custom.

Regardless of how you choose to wear your ring, the most important thing is that both your wedding ring and engagement ring is comfortable for you and sized properly.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day - For Ladies ONLY! / How People Operate Here For Beginners / Ask Me Any Question Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.