Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone (10269 Views)

5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook / 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device / Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by Benart(m): 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2016
Due to the limited service centres of smartphone and cost of repairs at service centre many individuals prefer to visit a roadside mobile engineer, who will definitely help you cause more damage to your mobile phone. Below i will be giving u 5 reasons why you shouldn't give a roadside engineer your phone

1. UNIVERSAL PARTS: Many smartphones definite part are very scarce in the market, so this engineer use a unniversal part in your mobile phone. How do you expect a machine to perform properly, with a universal part which it wasn't programmed to work with?

NB: it might work normally for some months or weeks but later that fault will definitely arise again or might lead to another problem.

2 YOU CANT GRANTEE AUTHENTICITY: Most of the mobile parts sold in the market are fake and it cant never be like follow-come part from the manufacturer. When this engineers use this parts in your mobile phone it may lead to a breakdown sooner or later

3 TRYING TO CUT COST: Most of this engineer are greedy individuals, they prefer to buy substandard parts too use on your mobile phone, just to make alot of profit from the job or to make you return back 2wks - 3wks later complaining about the same issue.

4.UNSKILLED ENGINEERS : This is very common in our country today, many of this so called engineers are not properly skilled, just because of the urge for independence most of them don't finish their training because they think they already know the basics. when such engineer is given a device which suffers an issue worst than the basics he tries to use patch to work technic to solve the issue, unknowingly to him that every circuit in your device are properly linked once one is alter it leads too a critical damage or another issue.

5. LESS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT DEVICE: Many Smartphone companies have their various technics, way they build the panels of their devices and computer programs designed to debug the panel of their products. Most of this engineers have limited apparatus to fix some mobile devices so they just try to patch and try anything that will make it get back to shape, whereby reducing and destroying the life span of the device.

My Experience: In the year 2014 i got a brand new device from an online store, the device i got actually has a service centre in were i reside. After using the device for like a year, it actually started developing some issues due too my carelessness.

When this issues became unbearable i actually decided to take my device to a roadside repairer who helped me fix the issue. The night i fix the issue i actually started noticing signs of what i fix but i actually ignored it with all confidence that it was never coming back. grin By the next morning the issue fully returned, so i had to return the device back to the repairer. This time he assured me 100% that it was never going to come up again, i happily joined faith with him.

Not up to 1month again i noticed signs of this issue again, i ignored it and managed my phone because it wasnt severe and i didnt have much money for monthly repairs. Some weeks later the issue became unbearable and i actually wanted to fix my touchpad so i decided to visit the engineer again. After he fix the touchpad and the issue, everything fixed was working fine and i left town, but i started noticing some new issues like 2 new issues and dirt in the fixed touchpad.

I was every confused i didn't know what to do, so i sold the phone out stating the issues to the buyer and we agreed terms. The buyer currently have fixed the issue developed by the phone and the issue developed by the roadside engineer over 5 times now in a space of 6months.

If u calculate the total cost spent on repairs of this my phone it could get you 2 of this mid-range device.

Remark: My advice for every mobile phone user is that he shouldn't get any device that doesnt have a service centre in your state or country and never give your device to any roadside engineer.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by okooloyun1(m): 11:13pm On Aug 07, 2016
Op you need to change ur topic coz mechanic no dey repair phone.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by Benart(m): 6:49am On Aug 08, 2016
okooloyun1:
Op you need to change ur topic coz mechanic no dey repair phone.

Thanks correction taken. i actually meant engineer

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by eleojo23: 7:18am On Sep 02, 2017
Roadside phone engineers will be like, Op, why you wan spoil market for us?

13 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by Kizyte(m): 7:19am On Sep 02, 2017
Na kpako phones dem dey give Road-side Technicians, me, right from day 1, na Customer Care (Support Centres) dey fix my phone, neat and professionally. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by boman2014: 7:19am On Sep 02, 2017
u wan spoil market for them baa
Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 02, 2017
Story. The so called roadside engineers are more savvy, more versatile and cheaper than your corporate phone engineers. And they repair your phone at the spot while you wait to collect it right after.

14 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by sundilazo(m): 7:20am On Sep 02, 2017
Am tired of all dis irrelevant news...bring on sometin captivating
Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by Olulinks(m): 7:20am On Sep 02, 2017
OP, some of your points here aren't true.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by Joel3(m): 7:20am On Sep 02, 2017
that is how one spoiled my iPhone 5 panel.the thing weak me. when phone i gave him was working fine only to just fix little thing. after he finish repairing it the phone didnt even power on again.

ok screw it back and give it to me. he gave me the phone and battery for hand saperately. and say if he/i put the battery the phone will explode.

the phone get hot if you put the battery. men i wan cry. which kind surgery this guy do. my enemy will never go there again.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by Chrisozone: 7:20am On Sep 02, 2017
We go there because they are cheaper.

Nothing last forever
Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by N0T0RI0US: 7:21am On Sep 02, 2017
Op, the way you use "actually" is actually tiring mehn.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by Christane: 7:21am On Sep 02, 2017
becus z at d roadsyd does nt make him unskill some are more skilled and experience dan those in beautiful big shop ..bt becus dy dnt av money to rent a standard shop dy decide to dwell at d roadsyd dnt downgrade a roadside repairer ..cus no condition z permanent

7 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by sugaslim(m): 7:23am On Sep 02, 2017
Alaba boys must chop nah
Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by Greatmind23: 7:24am On Sep 02, 2017
only for Rich people you buy phone for road 3k it get fault you dey go slot you are mad be that
Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by Roon9(m): 7:24am On Sep 02, 2017
All in all once your phone starts developing issues, just start saving up for a new phone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by Langbasa: 7:25am On Sep 02, 2017
COME OP YOU WAN SPOIL JOB FOR NWAMAIKPE NI ABI YOU NO SABI SAY NA ROAD SIDE ENGINEER HIM BE
Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by 1metre: 7:25am On Sep 02, 2017
Op u are on point. Most of them are jack of all trade. They can repair anything so far money is involved.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by ExInferis(m): 7:27am On Sep 02, 2017
1. Items 1 to 3 are a repetition

2. You blew it when you called ordinary repairmen "engineers".

3. You said there's a service center near you. Yet you took your faulty device to a "roadside engineer ". Why then should your post have any credibility?

4. You clearly have no idea how computers work.

5. Your post sucks ass.

6 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by johnshagb(m): 7:29am On Sep 02, 2017
You no wan make guys chop? grin grin
Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by sakalisis(m): 7:29am On Sep 02, 2017
lol
Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by benzems(m): 7:30am On Sep 02, 2017
Some people write post without brain.
How many phone in Nigerian today have service center.
Let me tell you we pave about 1000 different brands of phone in Nigeria with only 8 services center.
Before you post rubbish next time consult experts in the field.
I hope you know that the phone you are using now is China phone

4 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by patola080(m): 7:31am On Sep 02, 2017
Do u know dat some re better den dos ones in shop I remember gvin my phone to one guy like dat because dey re sellin phones( slots) n ve shop dat dey use to repair phones d phone is not working up still now

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by SIRKAY98(m): 7:32am On Sep 02, 2017
Can u even replace ur ordinary phone casing ur self?

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by slimjohn2k5: 7:34am On Sep 02, 2017
Most people prefer roadside engineer because they can wait right there and get their fix
But service centre will tell u to come back in 3weeks time. Moreover I noticed that the service centre engineers do send customer phones to the roadside engineers from my experience at Saks Tinubu
Also most of the service centre engineers were roadside engineers before. We recycle service in naija

11 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by Eazymoni2440: 7:37am On Sep 02, 2017
Benart:
Due to the limited service centres of smartphone and cost of repairs at service centre many individuals prefer to visit a roadside mobile engineer, who will definitely help you cause more damage to your mobile phone. Below i will be giving u 5 reasons why you shouldn't give a roadside engineer your phone

1. UNIVERSAL PARTS: Many smartphones definite part are very scarce in the market, so this engineer use a unniversal part in your mobile phone. How do you expect a machine to perform properly, with a universal part which it wasn't programmed to work with?

NB: it might work normally for some months or weeks but later that fault will definitely arise again or might lead to another problem.

2 YOU CANT GRANTEE AUTHENTICITY: Most of the mobile parts sold in the market are fake and it cant never be like follow-come part from the manufacturer. When this engineers use this parts in your mobile phone it may lead to a breakdown sooner or later

3 TRYING TO CUT COST: Most of this engineer are greedy individuals, they prefer to buy substandard parts too use on your mobile phone, just to make alot of profit from the job or to make you return back 2wks - 3wks later complaining about the same issue.

4.UNSKILLED ENGINEERS : This is very common in our country today, many of this so called engineers are not properly skilled, just because of the urge for independence most of them don't finish their training because they think they already know the basics. when such engineer is given a device which suffers an issue worst than the basics he tries to use patch to work technic to solve the issue, unknowingly to him that every circuit in your device are properly linked once one is alter it leads too a critical damage or another issue.

5. LESS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT DEVICE: Many Smartphone companies have their various technics, way they build the panels of their devices and computer programs designed to debug the panel of their products. Most of this engineers have limited apparatus to fix some mobile devices so they just try to patch and try anything that will make it get back to shape, whereby reducing and destroying the life span of the device.

My Experience: In the year 2014 i got a brand new device from an online store, the device i got actually has a service centre in were i reside. After using the device for like a year, it actually started developing some issues due too my carelessness.

When this issues became unbearable i actually decided to take my device to a roadside repairer who helped me fix the issue. The night i fix the issue i actually started noticing signs of what i fix but i actually ignored it with all confidence that it was never coming back. grin By the next morning the issue fully returned, so i had to return the device back to the repairer. This time he assured me 100% that it was never going to come up again, i happily joined faith with him.

Not up to 1month again i noticed signs of this issue again, i ignored it and managed my phone because it wasnt severe and i didnt have much money for monthly repairs. Some weeks later the issue became unbearable and i actually wanted to fix my touchpad so i decided to visit the engineer again. After he fix the touchpad and the issue, everything fixed was working fine and i left town, but i started noticing some new issues like 2 new issues and dirt in the fixed touchpad.

I was every confused i didn't know what to do, so i sold the phone out stating the issues to the buyer and we agreed terms. The buyer currently have fixed the issue developed by the phone and the issue developed by the roadside engineer over 5 times now in a space of 6months.

If u calculate the total cost spent on repairs of this my phone it could get you 2 of this mid-range device.

Remark: My advice for every mobile phone user is that he shouldn't get any device that doesnt have a service centre in your state or country and never give your device to any roadside engineer.

Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by King4Roller: 7:37am On Sep 02, 2017
Hs
Re: Why You Shouldn't Give A Roadside Engineer Your Phone by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 02, 2017
slimjohn2k5:
Most people prefer roadside engineer because they can wait right there and get their fix
But service centre will tell u to come back in 3weeks time. Moreover I noticed that the service centre engineers do send customer phones to the roadside engineers from my experience at Saks Tinubu
Also most of the service centre engineers were roadside engineers before. We recycle service in naija
Even the so call professionals like Crl-C3re will send phone to Road sides sometimes! one just have to be careful!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reply TECNO Got From Nigerians On Phantom 6and 6plus Price / Airtel Now Launches A 3GB For N1000 Data Plan – Works On All Devices / Help With Solibay Opera Mini Browser 2.6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.