Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Has The Presence Of Marriage And Relationship Counsellors Been Helpful? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Has The Presence Of Marriage And Relationship Counsellors Been Helpful? (917 Views)

He Makes Love To Me In The Presence Of Our Grown-up Children / Certified Marriage Counsellors In Lagos Nigeria / Marriage Counsellors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has The Presence Of Marriage And Relationship Counsellors Been Helpful? by ucnduka(f): 11:12am On Sep 23, 2009
In recent years, we have witnessed an upsurge in the of marriage counsellors, relationship seminars, books on relationships and marriage even TV and radio shows. We cannot deny the fact ,that the internet is also filled with blogs etc concerning there issues. The question now is, how much has these various media helped to save the institution of marriage and also guided single people in their relationships taking into consideration the rise in the number of failed marriages and mistakes alot of singles make during the course of their relationships? Please feel free to add a personal experience like how one these media helped save your marriage or relationship. NLers over to you.
Re: Has The Presence Of Marriage And Relationship Counsellors Been Helpful? by posakosa(m): 12:05pm On Sep 23, 2009
uc nduka:

In recent years, we have witnessed an upsurge in the of marriage counsellors, relationship seminars, books on relationships and marriage even TV and radio shows. We cannot deny the fact ,that the internet is also filled with blogs etc concerning there issues. The question now is, how much has these various media helped to save the institution of marriage and also guided single people in their relationships taking into consideration the rise in the number of failed marriages and mistakes alot of singles make during the course of their relationships? Please feel free to add a personal experience like how one these media helped save your marriage or relationship. NLers over to you.

Business is Business and there is a DEMAND for such.

These various media outlets have NOT saved the institution of marriage. Marital and singlehood problems will always persist. When it comes to love/relationship issues you can't really tell another person how to feel or what to think even if that person is a bad choice.
Re: Has The Presence Of Marriage And Relationship Counsellors Been Helpful? by AniLee(f): 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2009
Well, its true what posa has said, many people are simply in the business and everyone seems to be feeling they can write a book, host a show, open a magazine column on relationship advices. But the bottom line I feel is to learn your partner and treat them how you would want to be treated should you be the one facing the same problem. But again, what can be used to solve my problem may not be the same formula for you. So this brings us to communication with each other. In most cases its the best way to solve problems. Some marriage and relationship counselors are good and some of their counsel may be really effective, but they wont help you completely manage your marriage/relationship. The rest you might find you have to deduce for yourself.
Re: Has The Presence Of Marriage And Relationship Counsellors Been Helpful? by ucnduka(f): 7:58am On Sep 24, 2009
Yeah right! business is business but I thought running a business is about rendering services to people. Anyway, it is popularly believed that one changes as a result of the books one reads and the people one meets so can we say that most times people do not really take the info gotten from there sources seriously?
Re: Has The Presence Of Marriage And Relationship Counsellors Been Helpful? by ucnduka(f): 8:23am On Sep 24, 2009
Like Ani Lee said, it lies on you to trully discover ur partner. So, in the midst of a thousand tips given to spice a marriage or relationship you should be able to decipher which one is applicable to you and which one is not. Some people just take all or decide to take none.
Re: Has The Presence Of Marriage And Relationship Counsellors Been Helpful? by Fhemmmy: 12:36am On Sep 29, 2009
I am sorry, i just dont blv too much in these kinda people.
These are people that are just advicing you for the money they can make, some of them are even single and yet they wanna advice you on how to make your marriage work, and yet they cant find a man, some wanna tell you how to handle a trouble teenager and yet, their 15 year old daughter is a mother to a one year old fathered by a crack head.
Re: Has The Presence Of Marriage And Relationship Counsellors Been Helpful? by Kunbee: 3:35am On Sep 29, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I am sorry, i just dont blv too much in these kinda people.
These are people that are just advicing you for the money they can make, some of them are even single and yet they wanna advice you on how to make your marriage work, and yet they cant find a man, some wanna tell you how to handle a trouble teenager and yet, their 15 year old daughter is a mother to a one year old fathered by a crack head.

Very true but business is business.
Re: Has The Presence Of Marriage And Relationship Counsellors Been Helpful? by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 29, 2009
topic

not very, imo.

i could be wrong however.

(1) (Reply)

You Must Marry! / Advice Please / Help Me Talk People Is This Not Child Trafficking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.